• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Another New Game [T] (OOC)

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I was just making sure that was still the case, lol. I got a bit worried once you guys stopped posting in here.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
My latest post is dedicated to Sarah.

Notes:

[1] - or so she thinks.
[2] - An alchemist hat is that. an Alchemist's hat. Look at my siggy to get an idea of what it looks like. Also this:
Spoiler:

[3] - "What are you doing, you brat?"
[4] - Hey~ You've guys met Kyouko~ What do you think of her?

Tell me, is Ariel's Japanese annoying? I don't have plans of changing it, as mostly it's greetings or exclamations and such. But I want each's opinion on the matter.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
My latest post is dedicated to Sarah.

Notes:

[1] - or so she thinks.
[2] - An alchemist hat is that. an Alchemist's hat. Look at my siggy to get an idea of what it looks like.
[3] - "What are you doing, you brat?"
[4] - Hey~ You've guys met Kyouko~ What do you think of her?

Tell me, is Ariel's Japanese annoying? I don't have plans of changing it, as mostly it's greetings or exclamations and such. But I want each's opinion on the matter.

I like the japanese, though it does get abit tough to read in my head

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Hi guys. Level gains have been posted. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll have Oldale Town up later.

@ Rune - Umm, may I request you to place your notes within your RP post in a spoiler? It's kind of a hassle to read the post and look for your notes in the OOC thread ^^" Sorry

CHRISTMAS BREAK, woop ._.

EDIT:
Chapter 2 is up~ Oh look, non-Hoenn Pokies

Last edited:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Hai~ I'll do just that~

... Speaking of Pokemon, when I planned my team, I unwittingly made Ariel a Dragon user. What? Treecko and its evolutions are of the Dragon Egg group!

Great. My favorite type is my team's weakness. Greaaaat.

-thinking of 3 other Pokemon to complete the team-

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Ohhh, so it does include Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon. #TheMoreYouKnow

"Players are allowed to interact here, but they are not allowed to "say" that they are from the real world. Just hint." Umm, what? If the character would do such a thing in the situation, it only seems fair to let them.

Also; if we're not supposed to level up too fast, why is the level cap high? Seems like the most effective way to limit us would be to make it lower.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Ohhh, so it does include Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon. #TheMoreYouKnow

"Players are allowed to interact here, but they are not allowed to "say" that they are from the real world. Just hint." Umm, what? If the character would do such a thing in the situation, it only seems fair to let them.

Also; if we're not supposed to level up too fast, why is the level cap high? Seems like the most effective way to limit us would be to make it lower.

-shrugs- I think it's consideration to those with only a single Pokemon. I myself don't plan on catching any Pokemon soon.

I'm typing up my post, but I ran out of things to do. That is to say, without battling.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Because SOME PEOPLE forget about pending SU's...
Name:Jeff Dmitri

History: Jeff grew up in Portland Oregon, in an average family. He had an older brother who picked on him quite often. His mother died three years into Jeff's life, while giving birth to his younger sister, who was born brain-dead. This devastated Jeff, and he fell into a reclusive lifestyle. Ten years passed this way, then he was jolted back to reality by the death of his older brother in a car accident. Jeff, no better off than before, spent his free time at the local arcade instead of being home. He quickly grew proficient at a majority of the games. In two years time, his name lit up scoreboards around the arcade. He became well known, occasionally referred to as a 'master', but Jeff couldn't fill the hole left by the death of his family. In the past year, Jeff has been home more often, rather being on his computer than in the arcade. He blames this on a group of kids that say he's too old to be there, but he really just decided to get a hold on his life with his father. They now live in harmony with each other, and Jeff has regained some social standing a his high school.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Jeff is reasonably reclusive, yet he is very intelligent. He is quick to think, and slow to answer. He loves doing things his way, and doesnt care much of what others think of him. He can focus on many things at once, and is hard to distract. Jeff feels at home around technology, and shows to be quite knowledgeable about it. Jeff doesn't talk much, but what he does say, he is confident in doing so. Jeff can be spontaneous when in a good mood, but bouts of intense depression strike when he is saddened. Jeff's love for Pokemon was apparent from a young age, and it remains with him, even as he comes near the end of high school.

Dislikes: swimming, enclosed spaces

Starter Pokémon: wildcard...

RP sample: Jeff sat at his computer, idly scrolling through various websites. He was researching various cheats for a game that he had recently acquired when a notification beeped out of the computer. He closed the page, annoyed, and brought up his Email.

"Wonder who'd be emailing me..." Jeff said as he opened his inbox. There was one new message, marked with red highlight. Jeff clicked on it, not bothering to look at the sender.

"Beta testing? Wouldn't be surprised if it's another MMO... Might as well check it out." Jeff said, clicking the link. Immediately, Jeff blacked out. He felt like he was floating, and he couldn't move.he fearfully struggled, but there seemed to be no possible way of escape.

What the-!! Where the hell am I? Jeff thought. He felt another presence in the space, which didn't help how scared he was. He continued to struggle against his invisible bonds, He felt cords popping in his neck with the effort. When he finished, he was greeted with a deep, loud, obviously male voice.

"Greetings, and welcome to the world of Pokemon!" The disembodied voice said. The voice suddenly had his full attention. Jeff recognized the words, but he couldn't place his finger on where.

Did he just say... Jeff thought. "Who are you?" He asked aloud, still searching through his memory for where this was familiar.

"My name is Professor Birch! Who are you? Are you a boy or a girl?" The voice, who was apparently called Professor Birch, asked. Jeff's eyes went wide as it suddenly hit him. He was dreaming about being in Pokemon Ruby? Why would he be dreaming of that?

"Uh, boy?" Jeff said.

This is scary in a familiar way... I have a bad feeling about this... Jeff thought as Professor Birch processed what he had said. He had by now given up struggling, sure that he wasn't going to get anywhere.

"And what is your name?" The Professor said. Jeff froze in retaliation. He wasn't sure how this had anything to do with beta testing, but then again, this wasn't really a game.

"Jeff. Jeff Dmitri. Why?" Jeff said, however, he did not get an answer, as he awoke in a truck of some sort.

Sh-wait. I remember this now! Pokemon Emerald! But that means... Am I in the game? Jeff thought. He ws sitting up when a voice echoed through the truck.

"The only way to escape the game is to beat it. Good luck..." it said.

Jeff realized with a sense of horror what had happened. It then dawned on him that his most prominent childhood wish had come true.

"I'm... I'm in the Hoenn region! In the world of Pokemon! Hah! Hahahaha!" Jeff said excitedly. He started laughing like a maniac, not stopping for quite a while. When he did, it was because the moving truck had come to a halt, and the back had opened.

"Littleroot town! I wonder where Professor Birch is?" Jeff said. He got out and looked around, amazed at just how realistic everything looked.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Hope you don't mind Adelaide attempting to interact with Ariel, Rune Alchemist~

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Found the perfect image for Adelaide. :3

Spoiler:

Ash, would you mind adding it to the character sheet for Adelaide in the first post, please?

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
@ Lilizuki -
If I understood right, the answer to your first query might be the rule after that one~ If the player "hints" something about him/her coming from the real world, then the other player can figure it out. The only thing players aren't allowed to do on this chapter is directly tell other players that they're from the real world.

About the level cap, since the level you're allowed to gain is high, then I figured the level cap should be set high as well. This obviously didn't go as planned, so I might as well adjust.

Lastly, I am unsure of where I should place the picture ^^"​

@IceFyr -
PM'd ^^​

It seems like Chuuritsu has yet to post. I'll PM him to see what's up. Oh, and guys, only Route 103 is blocked, mmmkay? :3

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I get you RPM. It's kinda like what I did with Ariel. She spoke Japanese when most in the Gaming world is speaking in English, right?

Also, aww... No Wingul... Mou~

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Since Christmas is just around the corner, I'm going to be a bit busy. I'll have my post up in the next couple of days. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
@ Curious - No worries! I was busy myself for the last couple of days, so no rush ^^ Have a fun holiday~

@ Rune Alchemist - Wingull will appear in one (or two) of the later routes /nudgenudgewinkwink

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I...whut? The level cap is 13, but, in the rules, you said we shouldn't go up to it. That's why I'm confused.

Also, in one of the first posts, you have our character sheets. There plz.

Back