The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old December 20th, 2012 (10:31 AM).
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppooookkkkkkk View Post
...RGSS103j.dll, Try deleting this file.
This suggestion should work. Essentials has never had a file of that name (with a "J" at the end) in it, and shouldn't have it either.

Open the Game.ini file in your game's folder and check which RGSS file it refers to. It should refer to the "E" file, which is the only one you should have.
Old December 20th, 2012 (10:47 AM).
ptisnjunk95
aka dtk95

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
This suggestion should work. Essentials has never had a file of that name (with a "J" at the end) in it, and shouldn't have it either.

Open the Game.ini file in your game's folder and check which RGSS file it refers to. It should refer to the "E" file, which is the only one you should have.
It's working now! On the Game.ini was refering to the J. Thank you to all of you! :D

Playing X, OR and AS (Y is sleeping xD )
My fangame: Pokémon: Tears of Vengeance, Thread coming soon on GameDev.
Old December 20th, 2012 (11:21 AM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Quote:

That "J" is because the file is from the japanese RMXP. That's why the game crashes probably, but if he installed the japanese/unknown sources rpg maker it will keep crashing, since the .dll he has on the system will also be different.
Old December 20th, 2012 (11:22 AM).
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
Quote:

Actually, "J" is used in Japanese versions of RPG Maker XP, though that dll sounds like the one used in VX Ace

Old December 20th, 2012 (11:35 AM).
ptisnjunk95
aka dtk95

I've the Brazilian RMXP, which I think it's a translation of the Japanese version So, probably that's why the 103J appeared on the Game.ini , I think

Old December 20th, 2012 (01:31 PM).
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptisnjunk95 View Post
I've the Brazilian RMXP, which I think it's a translation of the Japanese version So, probably that's why the 103J appeared on the Game.ini , I think
Jsyk, that is also an illegal version of the program, so that may also cause errors in the future.

Old December 22nd, 2012 (04:29 PM).
ptisnjunk95
aka dtk95

Until now, no errors :D ... I use it coz it's easier to work (I'm portuguese ) and I didn't find any link to download it in English, only the japanese one...

Old December 23rd, 2012 (06:10 AM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

At the fist post I guessed the exact scenario and solution. For some reason the evolution scene won't work in this lib. Now you need to edit the ini every time that you test your game or this bug will happen again.

About the libs: How about using a most modern lib (like RGSS104E.dll) in the Essentials package?

Meanwhile, I suggest Maruno to put the lib note (in http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/w...s#Other_errors) in http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/w...use_Essentials
Old December 23rd, 2012 (06:58 AM).
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL . View Post
At the fist post I guessed the exact scenario and solution. For some reason the evolution scene won't work in this lib. Now you need to edit the ini every time that you test your game or this bug will happen again.

About the libs: How about using a most modern lib (like RGSS104E.dll) in the Essentials package?

Meanwhile, I suggest Maruno to put the lib note (in http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/w...s#Other_errors) in http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/w...use_Essentials
I don't know anything about the library files, and it'd be a large pain to fix any problems that using a different library might create (unless you feel like testing and debugging every single line of code?). The correct library file already comes with Essentials, so it's not as though it's impossible to fix. Even if I used a newer library file, this problem would still occur anyway.

This problem and solution already exists on the wiki, as you say, in the aptly-named "Error messages" page. I really don't think this problem is common enough to warrant a mention anywhere else.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (07:20 AM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
I don't know anything about the library files, and it'd be a large pain to fix any problems that using a different library might create (unless you feel like testing and debugging every single line of code?). The correct library file already comes with Essentials, so it's not as though it's impossible to fix. Even if I used a newer library file, this problem would still occur anyway.

This problem and solution already exists on the wiki, as you say, in the aptly-named "Error messages" page. I really don't think this problem is common enough to warrant a mention anywhere else.
Every edit that I made on my RPG Maker, the ini goes to RGSS104E.dll. I made a entire game and several changes in recent Essentials versions and didn't come with this kind of crash. So I think that RGSS104E.dll is stable enough to change the main kit and let's the people test.

For every game/demo, if the developer didn't change the ini to RGSS102E.dll, the players won't able to play the game if they didn't have the same lib installed or in the folder, so if the dev forget to change the ini (keeps RGSS104E.dll) and release the game, only the people that have RGSS104E.dll that come with the RPG Maker instalation 1.04 will be able to play it (or notice and fix the ini error).

But I understand your point. The demos/games are so rare that the people that manage it generally fix this problem. Let's wait util more people request this (or have problems with this).

Sponsored Links