The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Overall Hack Rating!
★★★★★ 491 68.38%
★★★★ 160 22.28%
★★★ 35 4.87%
★★ 5 0.70%
27 3.76%
Voters: 718. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 23rd, 2012, 01:18 PM
nineteenct

I have a mac and I have none of those issues, except one. I think it's impossible for macs to do the Ticket Events, mainly because you have to use the method that's on the first page, and the mac VBA doesn't have those options.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
SuperStinNasty
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteenct View Post
I have a mac and I have none of those issues, except one. I think it's impossible for macs to do the Ticket Events, mainly because you have to use the method that's on the first page, and the mac VBA doesn't have those options.
I'm curious, what patcher did you use???
Old December 23rd, 2012, 11:53 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Well there are only 2 known patchers like Lunar IPS and Tiskiyomi for UPS. You should ask what emulator he is using on Mac?
Old December 24th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
There is a IPS patcher specifically designed for Macs here

Old December 24th, 2012, 10:34 AM
nineteenct

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStinNasty View Post
I'm curious, what patcher did you use???
Well it's funny, I don't really use a patcher. The emulator I use is Visual Boy Advance 1.7.6. To play the hack what I do is get the .ips file, then name it the exact name of my rom. So all I do is download the rar, and name the ips file "Pokemon Emerald.ips". So when you play "Pokemon Emerald.GBA", it just recognizes the .ips file, I can't really explain why.

If you do this exactly, then I don't know why it wouldn't work for you.
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Supablazed
Unhatched Egg

Hey Suicune, I noticed some inconsistencies with the "General pokemon changes.doc" and the actual base stats in YAPE. I haven't posted enough to link yet, but if you go to: " i.imgur.com/7NVJL.jpg " you can see the screenshot I took. The picture is of Expert emerald 8.1 opened in YAPE, and the .doc that came with Expert emerald 8.1.rar.

I haven't looked for any other differences and I'm sure your main concern isn't the Changes.doc but I figured it was worth mentioning in case you intended to have different stats than what's in the hack.

Also the Winstrate family on route 111 is missing from the Trainer Data(Teams).doc. Again, I haven't looked for any other missing trainers in the .doc I just happened to notice.

Winstrate's:

Victor: Lv26 Plusle ; Lv26 Minun
Victoria: Lv27 Raticate
Vivi: Lv28 Granbull
Vicky: Lv29 Castform

Last edited by Supablazed; December 24th, 2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Added extra info.
Old December 24th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supablazed View Post
Hey Suicune, I noticed some inconsistencies with the "General pokemon changes.doc" and the actual base stats in YAPE. I haven't posted enough to link yet, but if you go to: " i.imgur.com/7NVJL.jpg " you can see the screenshot I took. The picture is of Expert emerald 8.1 opened in YAPE, and the .doc that came with Expert emerald 8.1.rar.

I haven't looked for any other differences and I'm sure your main concern isn't the Changes.doc but I figured it was worth mentioning in case you intended to have different stats than what's in the hack.

Also the Winstrate family on route 111 is missing from the Trainer Data(Teams).doc. Again, I haven't looked for any other missing trainers in the .doc I just happened to notice.

Winstrate's:

Victor: Lv26 Plusle ; Lv26 Minun
Victoria: Lv27 Raticate
Vivi: Lv28 Granbull
Vicky: Lv29 Castform
I think Swellow has been corrected in 8.2 IIRC, Also I've left the Teams Document as it originally was since I editing things I changed a few trainers teams around and I didn't document the changes and theres only a few minor changes, the majority are the same.

Old December 24th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Supablazed
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I think Swellow has been corrected in 8.2 IIRC, Also I've left the Teams Document as it originally was since I editing things I changed a few trainers teams around and I didn't document the changes and theres only a few minor changes, the majority are the same.
Alright, thanks for the reply! I didn't even notice the 8.2 release!

I really hate to bother you more, but were there any significant changes in 8.2, or was it just minor stat adjustments and trainer team changes?

Thanks for all your hard work! :D
Old December 26th, 2012, 12:29 PM
nineteenct

When you go against Mom in Meteor Falls, you actually see the Guitarist that's on Route 118. I guess it was just a mismatch, since I remember that after a certain number of rematches with the Guitarist you would reach Mom.
Old December 26th, 2012, 12:50 PM
ParasiteC3
Unhatched Egg

Sorry I am new to Rom patching but I downloaded A "Pokemon emerald Rom, Pokemon expert emerald, and LunarIPS. When i try to patch the Rom it says the patch is not a IPS file. I dont know what im doing wrong. Help!
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Supablazed
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParasiteC3 View Post
Sorry I am new to Rom patching but I downloaded A "Pokemon emerald Rom, Pokemon expert emerald, and LunarIPS. When i try to patch the Rom it says the patch is not a IPS file. I dont know what im doing wrong. Help!
Did you unzip/extract the expert emerald .rar file?
Old December 26th, 2012, 11:28 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteenct View Post
When you go against Mom in Meteor Falls, you actually see the Guitarist that's on Route 118. I guess it was just a mismatch, since I remember that after a certain number of rematches with the Guitarist you would reach Mom.
I did not know you can battle your Mom in meteor Falls. or are you saying that name for Steven's?
Old December 27th, 2012, 09:18 AM
nineteenct

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
I did not know you can battle your Mom in meteor Falls. or are you saying that name for Steven's?
In this hack your Mom is right in Steven's area, she uses Normal-types.
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:42 PM
alienhunterx

That's great to learn.. By the way what battle sprite Suicune is using for her? Maybe like that female PokeManiac I suppose..
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
It's because of not enough trainer battles, Mom battle replaced one of the Guitarist's rematch.
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
It's because of not enough trainer battles, Mom battle replaced one of the Guitarist's rematch.
I've actually removed the Mom battle since it's irrelevant and I've set the battle back to the original.

Old December 28th, 2012, 11:13 PM
alienhunterx

You mean either in your Hometown or Inside your home?
Old December 30th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Master Xemnas
Seeker of Light

Nature: Modest
This game is extremely enjoyable , and so hard ... i never seen that since PokemonShiny Gold X !
And i love that ! Great job Suicune !
Old December 30th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Aruaruu

So you are still working on this? Just fixing bugs?

I'm trying to make my own rom hack but for some reason the trainer editors don't work for me at all :\
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:17 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruaruu View Post
So you are still working on this? Just fixing bugs?

I'm trying to make my own rom hack but for some reason the trainer editors don't work for me at all :\
He recently released a bug fixed 8.2 beta. Check out the first page. I am sure when he learns new errors he fixes those.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:55 AM
Master Xemnas
Seeker of Light

Nature: Modest
Yeah, this game is more harder to play than i expected ...
Norman & wattson gave me troubles (more than 20 retries) , and i love this !

For the moment , i have 7 badges, and i think people need a very VERY good team with EXCELLENT Pokemon to beat this Hack.
I don't use health items during battles, and that why its VERY VERY Difficult, I want to prove me that I can win without items.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:08 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Xemnas View Post
Yeah, this game is more harder to play than i expected ...
Norman & wattson gave me troubles (more than 20 retries) , and i love this !

For the moment , i have 7 badges, and i think people need a very VERY good team with EXCELLENT Pokemon to beat this Hack.
I don't use health items during battles, and that why its VERY VERY Difficult, I want to prove me that I can win without items.
Definitely I also never use heal items during fights . Not even when facing the Elites. That makes us same . I used mostly status conditions moves in tougher fights
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:31 PM
mamoswineftw
Togepi

Nature: Jolly
made the rookie error of attempting a Nuzlocke with this.... Great game, love all the work you've done. Just know that it is near IMPOSSIBLE to do Nuzlocke, I lost my whole team bar one vs Flannery.

And just so you know, Dodrio with Huge Power is just totally broken haha

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamoswineftw View Post
made the rookie error of attempting a Nuzlocke with this.... Great game, love all the work you've done. Just know that it is near IMPOSSIBLE to do Nuzlocke, I lost my whole team bar one vs Flannery.

And just so you know, Dodrio with Huge Power is just totally broken haha
I wouldn't say it's impossible... you just have to train 3x times harder than on any other Nuzlocke xD
Old January 6th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Quote:
You mean either in your Hometown or Inside your home?
I've actually removed it from the game completely and reverted it back to the Guitarist rematch.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links