The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 26th, 2011, 10:40 AM
竜の子
Avy made by Trainer Touko

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsoRANDOM. View Post
seriously, we need some Power Whip Serperior up in here
Agreed serperior's weak,one type full of weaknesses,bad mvoes.Quite a challenge

Old July 19th, 2011, 10:46 AM
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet
I really wish Serperior was able to learn Sludge Bomb, Dragon Tail, Bite, or at least some decent attack that wasn't Grass-type.
Old July 19th, 2011, 10:54 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Druddigon's Pokedex entry from Black says that it absorbs sunlight with its wings. Therefore, sun-based moves like SolarBeam, Synthesis, and Morning Sun would make sense on Druddigon. I know SolarBeam wouldn't be very useful due to low Sp. Atk, but it would make sense to be able to learn it.
Old July 19th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Azure Wish
Haha. No.

Two things that really irked me were that Braviary didnt get Close Combat (its a war eagle!) and that Samurott did not get Shell Smash.
Old July 19th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Opposite Day
too old for name changes

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Opposite Day Send a message via Skype™ to Opposite Day
Quote:
Originally Posted by emberjed View Post
I really wish Serperior was able to learn Sludge Bomb, Dragon Tail, Bite, or at least some decent attack that wasn't Grass-type.
It actually does get Dragon Tail :x Return is pretty strongs as well, and hell you can just Leech Seed anything not named Heatran, works for me.
+Anti: his team looks like a salad
Old July 19th, 2011, 08:07 PM
The Nightmare
"I fight for what I belive in"

I thought they should have learned bolt tackle as an electric type because pikachu learns it but it doesn't learn it for some reason.

Old July 19th, 2011, 08:17 PM
ManhattanTheStarr
eeeeyup

Nature: Quirky
I was hoping Vullaby/Mandibuzz would learn Night Slash, but no. :<
I guess Faint Attack is good enough. >.>
Old July 20th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I always thought Samurott should have been able to learn Earthquake. Dig just doesn't do it enough justice in my opinion. Leavanny should have also been able to learn Night Slash given its blade-like arms.
Old July 20th, 2011, 07:31 AM
DowntownDumpling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Wish View Post
Two things that really irked me were that Braviary didnt get Close Combat (its a war eagle!) and that Samurott did not get Shell Smash.
That would make sense, but I consider Close Combat to be one of the most overused and "uber" of attacks. Also, whatever happened to Brick Break in Unova? Hardly anyone can learn it anymore, and there is no longer a TM for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opposite Day View Post
It actually does get Dragon Tail :x Return is pretty strongs as well, and hell you can just Leech Seed anything not named Heatran, works for me.
Whoops, you're right. Mine has Toxic and Aerial Ace, along with two Grass moves. If I run into a Steel-type Pokemon, though, I'm f....ed.

Last edited by DowntownDumpling; July 20th, 2011 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 20th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Azure Wish
Haha. No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emberjed View Post
Also, whatever happened to Brick Break in Unova?
Yes, there is a TM for Brick Break. A lady in the Iccirus City pokecenter gives it to you.
Old December 18th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Forever
let it go

Kay this time I'm reviving this fun thread! Should get discussion going maaaybe?? Also as I posted earlier, try not to make your posts overly centered on Gothitelle like last time (from the OP). Discuss n_n
Old December 18th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
I wish Lilligant had gotten more coverage moves, like perhaps Psychic. She can have Dream Eater, which is a Psychic type move, but not Psychic? And there are far stranger Pokemon that can learn it, so why not give it to Lilligant? It'd be nice to have considering her moveset is mainly just grass everywhere.
Old December 18th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Cinnabar
Fenniken is godly.

I honestly thought that Beartic should've had Close Combat, I mean, it just looks like it should. It has the atk. to abuse it as well.
Old December 18th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Esoj
Fighting Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
Close Combat is a nice attack regardless of the secondary effect. I think that Scrafty would be complete with it in the moveset, that can surely make it more combative.
Old December 18th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
I only recently learned about the move Shell Smash and thought, dang, I could've had a pretty awesome water Pokemon had I chose Samurott. I find out that line doesn't even learn Shell Smash. So confused. The whole Oshawott family is based off of a sea shell. ;P

Old December 18th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Milkshake View Post
I only recently learned about the move Shell Smash and thought, dang, I could've had a pretty awesome water Pokemon had I chose Samurott. I find out that line doesn't even learn Shell Smash. So confused. The whole Oshawott family is based off of a sea shell. ;P
omg, it so would not be a NU mon if it had SS (or maybe...?) idk, it can do more than Gorebyss in terms of going both physical/special so I think SS would defs make it more powerful/more liked. It'd have to be a learn at like, level 3 move or something though because that'd make it really strong lol :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoj View Post
Close Combat is a nice attack regardless of the secondary effect. I think that Scrafty would be complete with it in the moveset, that can surely make it more combative.
I think it'd make it too close to Sawk really. I like that it has HJK instead, because otherwise it might be too strong (although still easily revenged).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I wish Lilligant had gotten more coverage moves, like perhaps Psychic. She can have Dream Eater, which is a Psychic type move, but not Psychic? And there are far stranger Pokemon that can learn it, so why not give it to Lilligant? It'd be nice to have considering her moveset is mainly just grass everywhere.
idk more Bug type moves would make sense considering where it is, maybe fire too considering it is a Chlorophyll user???
Old December 18th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Hikamaru
it's too cold for you here
Community Supporter

I'd probably agree with Sydian here.

Lilligant needs more non-Grass moves in her moveset, aside from Dream Eater and Hidden Power. A move like Psychic could really help add extra coverage and I'd also give her counterpart Whimsicott more offensive moves too.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old December 18th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Forever
let it go

I'd keep Whimsicott as it is really. I think it's main role by GF was to be a Prankster and really more offensive attacks won't really help it given it is quite frail in the first place.
Old December 20th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Arlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I think it'd make it too close to Sawk really. I like that it has HJK instead, because otherwise it might be too strong (although still easily revenged).
I'm just the opposite. I don't like that it gets HJK - I see that as a move for fast, fragile fighters like Mienshao, which is exactly the opposite of Scrafty, while CC seems a move meant for low-down, nasty, get-right-in-your-face-no-matter-what brawlers, which is exactly what Scrafty seems meant to be. Granted though, CC would just make it that much tougher. I actually think that the perfect fighting move for Scrafty is Low Kick, which is undoubtedly why that's its level 1 attack. Just a shame that it's not competitively useful, since it fits its personality, and design, perfectly.

I mention this every time I see a thread like this - I think that Ferrothorn should learn Taunt, just because I can't think of another pokemon anywhere in any of the dexes who would be more likely to say, "C'mon! Stop futzing around with those status moves and HIT ME!"

How about Lilligant getting Aurora Beam? At first thought, it seems sort of weird for a Grass type (other than Abomasnow) to get an Ice move, but I sort of like the concept for Lilligant. It somehow fits with the man-eating southern belle persona I've ended up presuming for her - when appropriate, instead of seducing them with her dances and powders or tripping them up with her grass knot, she'd unleash her icy glare. It'd still leave some holes in her coverage (steel and fire, specifically), but it'd help, and I just sort of like the concept. It'd be something different.
Old December 20th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
I'm just the opposite. I don't like that it gets HJK - I see that as a move for fast, fragile fighters like Mienshao, which is exactly the opposite of Scrafty, while CC seems a move meant for low-down, nasty, get-right-in-your-face-no-matter-what brawlers, which is exactly what Scrafty seems meant to be. Granted though, CC would just make it that much tougher. I actually think that the perfect fighting move for Scrafty is Low Kick, which is undoubtedly why that's its level 1 attack. Just a shame that it's not competitively useful, since it fits its personality, and design, perfectly.

I mention this every time I see a thread like this - I think that Ferrothorn should learn Taunt, just because I can't think of another pokemon anywhere in any of the dexes who would be more likely to say, "C'mon! Stop futzing around with those status moves and HIT ME!"

How about Lilligant getting Aurora Beam? At first thought, it seems sort of weird for a Grass type (other than Abomasnow) to get an Ice move, but I sort of like the concept for Lilligant. It somehow fits with the man-eating southern belle persona I've ended up presuming for her - when appropriate, instead of seducing them with her dances and powders or tripping them up with her grass knot, she'd unleash her icy glare. It'd still leave some holes in her coverage (steel and fire, specifically), but it'd help, and I just sort of like the concept. It'd be something different.
Still, it needs kicking moves because its selling point is its legs and pants really, which is what HJK is for. I don't think it's really that... evil, which is what CC implies. While it does have a dark typing it's more of neutrally evil and doesn't really care if it hits you, while still tries anyway - which is what HJK does.

Ya I agree. But it's still kind of too slow to be useful in many cases and most wouldn't opt for Taunt really.

ooo that'd be nice, mainly because I just like the move itself. :3
Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:06 AM
Shirehorse7
Unhatched Egg

I thonl deerling should learn high jump kick i mean if it can learn jump kick then why not high jump kick

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:24 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Serperior: Power Whip, Nature Power, Rock Slide, Brick Break, Focus Blast
Emboar: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Shadow Claw, Outrage
Samurott: Drill Run
Mushrana: Focus Blast
Unfezant: Wing Attack, Brave Bird
Zebstrika: Jump Kick
Seismitoad: Waterfall
Leavanny: Rock Slide
Lilligant: Surf, Focus Blast
Cofagrigus: Thunderbolt, Rock Gem, Focus Blast
Gothitelle: Dark Pulse, Focus Blast
Swanna: Drill Peck, Waterfall, Drill Run
Vanilluxe: Surf, Hydro Pump, Ancientpower
Sawsbuck: Rock Slide
Escaliver: Drill Run
Eelektross: Scald
Beartic: Waterfall, Earthquake
Accelgor: Hydro Pump
Stunfisk: Ice Beam
Druddigon: Rock Polish
Heatmor: Scald
Keldeo: Ice Beam
Old December 24th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Esoj
Fighting Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
Getting back to Scarfty's moves, I agree with the selling part, which justifies the use of HJK, as well as other kicking moves, and the move (HJK) suits nice for it because of its legs combat style and also great defenses to give backup if the 10% risk arises. Idk, but Scrafty's dark coverage still needing more moves, there could exist another move beside Crunch to have more variety. Would be nice to imagine CC based on its legs, an exhaustive legs combat to the very end, and it count with the defenses to support the secondary effects.
Old December 24th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Earthquake for all three final evos of starters was all I wanted to be honest. :( They were the exception among all final evos of each gen's starters. Seriously I don't know how they missed that, unless it was intentional which sounds really odd. :\

I can't really recall any more notable moves that they should have made some 'mons learn in BW but yeah, I'm really frustrated at the starters (actually at GF) for the reason stated above. Plus pure Grass-types deserve more coverage moves like Sydian said! For Lilligant and Serperior especially. They gave coverage to previous gens' pure Grass-types, why not now?
Old December 24th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
Earthquake for all three final evos of starters was all I wanted to be honest. They were the exception among all final evos of each gen's starters. Seriously I don't know how they missed that, unless it was intentional which sounds really odd. :\

I can't really recall any more notable moves that they should have made some 'mons learn in BW but yeah, I'm really frustrated at the starters (actually at GF) for the reason stated above. Plus pure Grass-types deserve more coverage moves like Sydian said! For Lilligant and Serperior especially. They gave coverage to previous gens' pure Grass-types, why not now?
I believe the reason why is because it's suppose to be a throwback to the original R/B/Y games where all the starters, except for the Fire starter, lack the move Earthquake (B/W was suppose to be a reboot after all). As for the statement about previous gen pure Grass types given coverage, they mean nothing if they do not have Rock Slide, Nature Power, Natural Gift, Weather Ball, Ancientpower, Focus Blast, or Earth Power to coverage almost all of their weaknesses, which is a necessity to make a good Pokemon.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links