The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 16th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aco View Post
i'm stuckt on the second gym because I can't anwer this question "how many pokemon are capable of outspeeding a maximum speed darkrai without boosts in any form" can someone please help me

sorry for my bad english
My advice to you, is read the books. There is one about Pokemon with heaps of Speed.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:16 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphimon-sama View Post
I managed to fix the problem. I did encounter a problem later that I couldn't fix so I was required to restart. I'm currently trying to figure out the last question for the second gym. I'm very glad I chose Torchic as my starter, due to Florinia's team being Grass-Types with that Cradily in there as well.
Oh no! What kind of error was that, that you couldn't fix...?
And, good luck!
The books help with the Beat Up question too, but you may need to check even the ones laying around on the floor. c:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aco View Post
i'm stuckt on the second gym because I can't anwer this question "how many pokemon are capable of outspeeding a maximum speed darkrai without boosts in any form" can someone please help me

sorry for my bad english
Pretty much what Seraph said; get reading!
or you could just use google and look up pokemon by speed stat

I'm gonna be changing these questions around though, since so many people have issues with them.
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post
Oh no! What kind of error was that, that you couldn't fix...?
And, good luck!
The books help with the Beat Up question too, but you may need to check even the ones laying around on the floor. c:
The error occurred when I was battling against Tangrowth. It saved and crashed, then kept doing that. Oddly enough, it was only when I sent out Magikarp, however it was during the previous update. I did finally figure out the question for Beat Up. The reason I couldn't figure it out was because I don't really use Beat Up. I prefer to stick to Psychic/Fire Type Moves. Also, is it possible to get Ralts or Eevee yet?
EDIT: The error occurred again, this time when starting the battle against Aster and Eclipse. It happens when Victoria goes to send out Emboar.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Last edited by Seraphimon-sama; December 17th, 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old December 18th, 2012, 01:59 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Yeah, someone had this issue on the first page too... Are you using the animated sprites? If so, you might try reverting to just the static. Most of the people who get this are using Animated, and it bogs down their computers, causing these loops to happen.
Old December 18th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Seraphimon-sama

Quote:
Yeah, someone had this issue on the first page too... Are you using the animated sprites? If so, you might try reverting to just the static. Most of the people who get this are using Animated, and it bogs down their computers, causing these loops to happen.
Actually, I am using the animated sprites. However, the problem seems to have stopped for now.

Old December 19th, 2012, 01:01 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Well, if it happens again, you know what to do. c:
Old December 22nd, 2012, 03:35 AM
Seraphimon-sama

Okay, I'm currently in the Lapis Gym Atrium, and I can't seem to figure out the puzzle. Any hints would be greatly appreciated. Also, I can't leave the gym either. Every time I attempt to, the game crashes. I really need to leave the gym so I can heal my team.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 09:34 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

That's exactly what was fixed with the patch that I uploaded a couple weeks ago. Just give the new one a download and you'll be fine.
You should be able to figure out the puzzle itself though. Just notice which colours each screen connects to- after all, it shows you right on it~
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:14 PM
Seraphimon-sama

I already have the new version. As for the gym, I figured out the colors bit but I just don't know what order to use them in.

Old December 23rd, 2012, 03:52 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Well, therein is the puzzle. D: The trainer give you a couple hints, but you do need to be able to leave the room to finish the puzzle so if you can't, well, that might be part of why.

So I just checked the new download to be sure
And sure enough that same crash still exists
Which is infuriating because this is now the fourth time I've had to patch it, and it's not a difficult thing to fix, but for some reason I guess it refuses to save?

LETS TRY THIS AGAIN
http://www.poke-place.com/gympatch5.zip
Just unzip that file and stick it in the games' Data Folder, overwriting it.
Really sorry. >.<
Old December 23rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
oh this looks promissing o.o
I should deffinetely give this a try @w@ once I'm awake enough to spot the download link @W@ (sorry, it's almost 3 am over here @w@)

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Old December 24th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Quote:
Well, therein is the puzzle. D: The trainer give you a couple hints, but you do need to be able to leave the room to finish the puzzle so if you can't, well, that might be part of why.

So I just checked the new download to be sure
And sure enough that same crash still exists
Which is infuriating because this is now the fourth time I've had to patch it, and it's not a difficult thing to fix, but for some reason I guess it refuses to save?

LETS TRY THIS AGAIN
http://www.poke-place.com/gympatch5.zip
Just unzip that file and stick it in the games' Data Folder, overwriting it.
Really sorry. >.<
Apologies, but the problem is still occurring.

Old December 24th, 2012, 04:59 PM
djonthe1st!
Unhatched Egg

Sooo... I had to use my Stunky to Screech Cradily(cos i forgot its Poison gas on accident) and 1 shot it using my Feraligatr's Ice Fang. Now I do not know how to get to Jasper Ward. i emz stuck.
Old December 24th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by djonthe1st! View Post
Sooo... I had to use my Stunky to Screech Cradily(cos i forgot its Poison gas on accident) and 1 shot it using my Feraligatr's Ice Fang. Now I do not know how to get to Jasper Ward. i emz stuck.
Remember where you went to get HM01 Cut? That's the entrance to Jasper Ward.

Old December 25th, 2012, 01:48 AM
jdcyh4
Unhatched Egg

Oh,it seems fantastic! Hope further updates.
Old December 25th, 2012, 02:01 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Quote:
Apologies, but the problem is still occurring.

So uh
I just confirmed that the patch works
But something weird is going on here- and it's why I've had to fix it five different times. It keeps reverting the change, like even if I fix it, save, close the editor, and reopen it, it'll revert to the broken state.
So ....???????????
I'll see if I can do anything about this and get back to you, because this is silly and ridiculous.

Sorry for the double post, but I want to make sure this fix is seen. Rather than changing the teleport, I changed the map it takes you to, so even if it wants to revert, it should be fine. Give this a try;same as before just copy/paste/overwrite the file into the Data folder.
http://www.poke-place.com/gympatch6.zip
Lemme know how that works

Last edited by AmethystRain; December 25th, 2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 25th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Seraphimon-sama

YAY! I can finally leave and heal now! I really didn't want to battle Shelly with my two remaining Pokemon. My current team is:

RyujinJaka/Blaziken (F, Lv.46)
Double Kick, Peck, Slash, Blaze Kick

Nejibana/Gyarados (F, Lv.27)
Splash, Tackle, Bite, Dragon Rage

Wabisuke/Spinda (F, Lv.16)
Tackle, Uproar, Rock Smash, Faint Attack

Gonryomaru/Pachirisu (F, Lv.23)
Bide, Swift, Volt Switch, Cut

Again, I'd like to thank you, AmethystRain, for managing to fix the problem.

Old December 27th, 2012, 06:43 AM
jonnyboy91
Unhatched Egg

got this when trying to battle Maxwell.
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled.png‎  
Old December 27th, 2012, 12:58 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Yep, that's the other thing I fixed when I uploaded the thing a couple weeks ago. Sorry about that; just give the new one a download.
Old December 27th, 2012, 01:34 PM
jonnyboy91
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Yep, that's the other thing I fixed when I uploaded the thing a couple weeks ago. Sorry about that; just give the new one a download.
I downloaded it just 2 days ago, shouldn't it not have this problem?
If i download again, is it a must to restart?
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Would it be possible to get some assistance with the puzzle surrounding the Lapis Gym?

Old December 28th, 2012, 12:32 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyboy91 View Post
I downloaded it just 2 days ago, shouldn't it not have this problem?
If i download again, is it a must to restart?
Sigh. I tested this again, and no, I'm stupid. The new one is still derpy. Ugh.
http://www.poke-place.com/alleypatch.zip
Download that, unzip and stick the file in the Data folder, overwriting. Lemme know if that fixes it. Sorry

Quote:
Would it be possible to get some assistance with the puzzle surrounding the Lapis Gym?
Well, you know from what one of the trainers tells you that the one on Shelly's balcony is the one to activate last. As a second hint, the computer on the front-right is the first one to start with, and you'll need to turn it off and on again as you complete the puzzle.
Old December 28th, 2012, 01:14 PM
jonnyboy91
Unhatched Egg

Thanks a lot, that fix the problem!
Old December 29th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Quote:
Well, you know from what one of the trainers tells you that the one on Shelly's balcony is the one to activate last. As a second hint, the computer on the front-right is the first one to start with, and you'll need to turn it off and on again as you complete the puzzle.
Yeah, I figured that part out already, I've tried every pattern I can think of, but still haven't gotten the right one.

Old December 30th, 2012, 02:08 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Welllll, here then. I know someone did an LP and they recorded the solution to this puzzle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF55xq2tcKY
It's right at the start of that video, so feel free to watch as little or as much as you need to help you get through it. >>
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here