• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Actually, Osmosis's animation is just a modified version of the Leech Life animation, since the Absorb animation makes the screen have a green tint :D

ah that makes sense (was thinking, if it were possible, wouldn't it look good in this example :the wave screen loads into the backdrop, and the Bubblebeam animation plays over it (only launched from the target, so it's like they are attacking you) it would look like you are absorbing the liquid from them, just have it play the healing animation at the end (those little sparkles)

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
ah that makes sense (was thinking, if it were possible, wouldn't it look good in this example :the wave screen loads into the backdrop, and the Bubblebeam animation plays over it (only launched from the target, so it's like they are attacking you) it would look like you are absorbing the liquid from them, just have it play the healing animation at the end (those little sparkles)

Unfortunately that's not possible because we can't control the movement of the particles :( we can only take existing animated particles.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
32zupol.png

Fixed it. I fixed it in a really cheap way, but who cares lol, cause it looks totally fine in-game now XD

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Unfortunately that's not possible because we can't control the movement of the particles :( we can only take existing animated particles.

I don't think I worded it properly, but since Roost is just Featherdance animation applied to the user, then it should be possible to make it BubbleBeam, just launched from the other side (so it loads the background, then it plays the opponent launching BB animation, then the healed animation,) as it would indeed look like the water is draining from the target that way.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
I don't think I worded it properly, but since Roost is just Featherdance animation applied to the user, then it should be possible to make it BubbleBeam, just launched from the other side (so it loads the background, then it plays the opponent launching BB animation, then the healed animation,) as it would indeed look like the water is draining from the target that way.

The reason featherdance works is because it's originally a move that targets "selected target" and you're changing roost to target "user" which makes the animation "attack" you. The reason your bubblebeam idea doesn't work is because bubblebeam is a move that targets "selected target" so the bubbles go towards the opponent. However osmosis is also a move that targets "selected target" which would make the bubbles move towards the opponent instead of you. The only way I know of to change the direction of the bubbles is to change the target of the move to "user" but that would ruin the point of the move.

Last edited:

timson733333

Woah.
Years
Since Dragon Pulse in Gen IV/V is circular waves moving towards the opponent, I think a Psywave/Psybeam animation + the Dragon background could replicate it quite nicely.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Some new screens for y'all:
1-3.png
2-2.png
3-1.png
4-1.png
6-1.png
7-1.png
8-1.png
9-2.png

An alpha release is almost ready. Currently fine-tuning things. Viridian Forest won't take me that long because I'm re-using some assets from the older version of DarkViolet.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I think there's a bit of a problem, with Kamon.
It would screw the sense in G/S/C with him stealing a pokémon if he's got a team in your hack, which is 3 years before G/S/C

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I think there's a bit of a problem, with Kamon.
It would screw the sense in G/S/C with him stealing a pokémon if he's got a team in your hack, which is 3 years before G/S/C
Why don't you read the first post. I thought I established very clearly that Pokémon DarkViolet is a separate canon from the official games. I even said that it is MY Generation I.

This is my hack, and therefore I get to write a new backstory for him. I decided a long time ago that I'm going to expand on his character, since he is Giovanni's own son. Events of G/S/C/HG/SS don't matter, because this hack is not a prequel to them. Kamon will be re-appearing in this game's planned sequel, Pokémon DarkCrystal, which takes place 3 years after Pokémon DarkViolet. Pokémon DarVkiolet does NOT take place 3 years before G/S/C, it takes place in an entirely separate canon. Events of the official games don't matter, because I am ignoring them. I have my own timeline of events in all Pokémon Saga games, and I already have the entire thing planned out.

This is in the first post:
This is my reboot of Pokémon, think of it as a new Generation I. This isn't a Gen III hack, this isn't a Gen IV/V wannabe hack, this is Chaos Rush's Generation I game.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Wheres the link??? so i can download it now plssssssssssssssssssssssss.............

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
This is gonna sound like a weird Question, is there anything ingame to alert the player that Marts are in the Centers now? Is there a tutorial like how 5th gen did to let us know? or is there some sort of sign on the side of the center?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
This is gonna sound like a weird Question, is there anything ingame to alert the player that Marts are in the Centers now? Is there a tutorial like how 5th gen did to let us know? or is there some sort of sign on the side of the center?
Prof. Oak directly tells you to go to the Viridian Pokemon Center, and it's required to progress through the game. You get Oak's Parcel at the Viridian Pokemon Center now. I don't think it will be a problem, since all references to Poke Marts have been modified to mention that they're located inside of Pokemon Centers.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
Since Dragon Pulse in Gen IV/V is circular waves moving towards the opponent, I think a Psywave/Psybeam animation + the Dragon background could replicate it quite nicely.

User Doesntknowhowtoplay made it using the Hyper Voice sound waves with Meteor Mash background, looking very cool.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
User Doesntknowhowtoplay made it using the Hyper Voice sound waves with Meteor Mash background, looking very cool.
I've already used Hyper Voice for a couple other moves I think, I don't too many attacks having the same animation but with backgrounds (and speaking of backgrounds, I'm not using the Meteor Mash background either, I made a custom background specifically for Dragon moves. I even edited the Outrage animation to have this background).

Alpha 1 is almost ready, but idk how long it would take. I'm fine-tuning lots of things. Here's a sneak peak at the new Pokedex listing:
2uo07c6.png

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Out of curiosity, is the dex following the new dex layout the 3D dex Pro set up? (it's by family)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
PHP:
Out of curiosity, is the dex following the new dex layout the 3D dex Pro set up? (it's by family)
No, it's a new order of 210 made by me, based on when you encounter them in the game. For instance, Pidgey is now #10 (instead of Caterpie), and Seel is #199 (because Seafoam Islands is late in the story), and Mewtwo is now #209 (for obvious reasons), and Mew is #210.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Looking back at the attack animations (I just love how that is finally possible)

using the slash from False Swipe would probably look more in flavor with Air Slash as opposed to Slash's slash.

Back