Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W What attacks should Unova Pokemon learn, but didn't?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old December 24th, 2012 (08:38 PM).
Ekruum Fortrez
Team Kanto

Nature: Adamant
Talking about the grass type's moves coverage, I suffered from the same ill, Serperior and its lack of different coverages. Although they can learn different and now-attractive moves via tutor, I was wondering, why none of my favorite TMs suit it to complete the moveset? I was expecting something like Stone Edge, and agreeing with Cid, Earthquake.
Old December 24th, 2012 (08:46 PM).
let it go
Team Unova
Crystal TierEO

Quote originally posted by Esoj:
Talking about the grass type's moves coverage, I suffered from the same ill, Serperior and its lack of different coverages. Although they can learn different and now-attractive moves via tutor, I was wondering, why none of my favorite TMs suit it to complete the moveset? I was expecting something like Stone Edge, and agreeing with Cid, Earthquake.
Stone Edge just seems strange for a snake to use honestly. I'm not sure how it'd manage that lol.

Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
I believe the reason why is because it's suppose to be a throwback to the original R/B/Y games where all the starters, except for the Fire starter, lack the move Earthquake (B/W was suppose to be a reboot after all). As for the statement about previous gen pure Grass types given coverage, they mean nothing if they do not have Rock Slide, Nature Power, Natural Gift, Weather Ball, Ancientpower, Focus Blast, or Earth Power to coverage almost all of their weaknesses, which is a necessity to make a good Pokemon.
Not really as long as they have coverage moves in general then they're good. Such as Terrakion doesn't have anything to counter/check ground moves but instead uses all out power!

Quote originally posted by Cid:
Earthquake for all three final evos of starters was all I wanted to be honest. :( They were the exception among all final evos of each gen's starters. Seriously I don't know how they missed that, unless it was intentional which sounds really odd. :\

I can't really recall any more notable moves that they should have made some 'mons learn in BW but yeah, I'm really frustrated at the starters (actually at GF) for the reason stated above. Plus pure Grass-types deserve more coverage moves like Sydian said! For Lilligant and Serperior especially. They gave coverage to previous gens' pure Grass-types, why not now?
Wait wat, Emboar doesn't have EQ?? I could've sworn it did...

Nevertheless not sure how a snake or an otter could really shake the ground lol.
Old December 25th, 2012 (05:51 AM). Edited December 25th, 2012 by Esoj.
Ekruum Fortrez
Team Kanto

Nature: Adamant
Can seem somewhat difficult to figure at the first moment, but it's a snake. They move from a place to another crawling on the surfaces and they have full contact with the floor. They use caves made of stone to make their nests what recall a connection with the stones.
Pardon me, I know this pokemon is out of topic, but serves as a good example. Machamp have flame sacs? A wrestler, human-like pokemon throwing fire from its mouth? I know that is very useful, but seems very strange.
Old December 25th, 2012 (08:20 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink
Team Hoenn

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Forever:
Not really as long as they have coverage moves in general then they're good. Such as Terrakion doesn't have anything to counter/check ground moves but instead uses all out power!
Yet Smogon recommends Hidden Power even for Pokemon with decent coverage moves, and they're mostly types used to cover their weaknesses.

Quote:
Wait wat, Emboar doesn't have EQ?? I could've sworn it did...
It does learn EQ.

Quote:
Nevertheless not sure how a snake or an otter could really shake the ground lol.
Seviper and Arbok know EQ, so why not Serperior?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links