The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 25th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
I think there should be a posted from web, Mobile, Android app, etc on the end of forum topics and posts... It would let people know where the post came from.
Old December 25th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Nobody cares about what someone was using when they posted.
Old December 25th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
You would be surprised, Facebook already has this feature. You already implemented the like system which I didn't think the forum needed, I think this would be better than that.
Old December 25th, 2012, 07:13 AM
shenanigans
hear me roar

But there's literally no reason why this feature would be useful. Unpopular with some as it is, the Like system does have uses. While it's a feature we share in common with Facebook, we aren't trying to be Facebook by copying all of its features. Just because some other website has a pointless feature doesn't mean we should have it too.
Old December 25th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
You would be surprised, Facebook already has this feature. You already implemented the like system which I didn't think the forum needed, I think this would be better than that.
I'm (and 99.99% of the memberbase) more interested if someone likes what I'm contributing than if someone is posting from an iPod, an android, or the web.
Old December 25th, 2012, 11:17 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
It's funny you say that, because there's already like 3 or more people that liked the post from the people above lol.

And why would someone be interested if it was posted from IOS or mobile and such?

At least the like system permits other people to agree or like what the person posted without having to add to the thread "Oh I like that too!"

And a lot of people here on PokeCommunity actually uses the Like feature
Old December 25th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Counterfeit

Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
I always thought that 'feature' was in fact just a plug for the company who made the device and that they had some agreement with the site.
Old December 25th, 2012, 11:49 AM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure

Yes, because exactly what we need now is a needless tag seen on the end of every post. This is a forum, and while I'm pretty open to branching out in the more conventional "social media" direction, there's actually no point in adding every feature the sites use. Nobody cares if when you post about your favourite Pokémon or toilet brush, if it comes from your phone, your computer or otherwise. It's needless clutter.

Posted from my computer with my keyboard on the 25th of December two thousand and twelve from my couch
Old December 25th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Don't they do this already with the mobile app?

Sponsored Links