The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Old November 17th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Rom Information
  • The base of this game is Pokèmon Fire red BPRE
Storyline
  • The region of Kento is home to many diverse species of Pokèmon. The region has always been quiet but now something is happening.
    A new team with evil intentions has come forward. In this period you are about to embark on a journey...
    You ... a simple guy ... you will face ruthless enemies, legendary Pokemon and natural disasters!
    You'll get to avoid the catastrophe?
    Find out in Pokèmon Kento Adventures!
Features
  • New region/gym/Pokèmon league.
  • New Pokèmon starter!
  • Day/Night sistem
  • New tiles and script!
  • And much more ...
Screenshots

Credits

• Tool makers [Thanks guys!]
  • Nintendo [Original Rom]
  • Banjora Marxvile [For his rom base]
  • Wesley FG, Kyledove, Alistair, Darkdragonn, The Magic Purple Hermit, Calis Project, New Titeuf, Zetavares [Tiles]
Download
  • Not yet.

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Last edited by Hacker Bisharp; November 18th, 2012 at 03:06 AM. Reason: New screen :)
Old November 18th, 2012, 12:04 AM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
Cool Hack. The Trees could be improved but thats nothing to worry about The first screen reminds me of the original Pallet Town :3

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old November 18th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
Cool Hack. The Trees could be improved but thats nothing to worry about The first screen reminds me of the original Pallet Town :3
Thanks For the first screen... you're right Anyway i've updated the first post with new screen

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old November 18th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Maps need to be filled out a bit more. Too much empty space.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old November 18th, 2012, 03:39 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Maps need to be filled out a bit more. Too much empty space.
This.

And in this screenshot:

There are loads of tile errors on the edges of your paths. I'd also like to add that there seems to be nothing that makes me want to play this game; the storyline is average on your features are basic with nothing original. I mean that's fine if you want to make a game like that but it doesn't entice many people to want to play it.

paired with christos
Old November 18th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
The region of Kento is home to many diverse species of Pokèmon. The region has always been quiet but now something is happening.A new team with evil intentions has come forward. In this period you are about to embark on a journey...You ... a simple guy ... you will face ruthless enemies, legendary Pokemon and natural disasters! You'll get to avoid the catastrophe? Find out in Pokèmon Kento Adventures!
I'm sorry but how is this different to any other Pokemon game? Is there something you're not telling us? Well, just this turned me off from this game. There's no creativity with the plot at all. You need to work on the plot more. If you want to make a hack like an official Pokemon game, be my guest, just don't expect that much hype compared to other hacks.

Quote:
New region/gym/Pokèmon
league.

New Pokèmon starter!
Day/Night sistem
New tiles and script!

There is nothing eye-catching, it's like an official Pokemon game but only with Day and Night and new tiles. Get creative! Do something no one has done before! Have fun with the hack, not make it a bore for us and for you too.
Quote:

The maps are just..bland and dull. Make them unique. Make a lake in the town! Something eye-catching and just, not dull.

Last edited by Tcoppy; November 19th, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old December 1st, 2012, 06:19 PM
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
I'm sorry but how is this different to any other Pokemon game? Is there something you're not telling us? Well, just this turned me off from this game. There's no creativity with the plot at all. You need to work on the plot more. If you want to make a hack like an official Pokemon game, be my guest, just don't expect that much hype compared to other hacks.

There is nothing eye-catching, it's like an official Pokemon game but only with Day and Night and new tiles. Get creative! Do something no one has done before! Have fun with the hack, not make it a bore for us and for you too.
The maps are just..bland and dull. Make them unique. Make a lake in the town! Something eye-catching and just, not dull.
Quite alot of criticism isn't there?

"The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

Gym Leader Whitney
link | link | link

FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
Old December 6th, 2012, 09:08 PM
M16A1994
Team Rocket Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post

Well, let's remember that nobody is forcing you to play the game bro. It's funny how judgemental Pokemon hacking has become nowadays. I remember back when people were happy just to see some new content and a fresh story line.

Now it's "your tiles are bland" and "day and night is old" and "this game is too much like like the OG Pokemon series". I think it's important to remember that for most of us younger and older teenagers, this is just a hobby.

On another note, yes, there were some mistakes. But you managed to insert some decent tiles and map a new region. Kudos to you mate.

Good luck, and looking forward to more.
Old December 25th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Goweegie2
Unhatched Egg

If you even bother to post a thread about ur hack, will u at least provide a dl link to the beta 1?
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:33 AM
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Nature: Brave
He´s still working so let him some time, you won´t achieve perfection in 3 days! I hope that you still work on this.

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old December 26th, 2012, 10:20 AM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
As a start, I suggest you make your maps a bit smaller that way it would be easier to style and decorate to make it look neater. Sometimes, bigger isn't better especially for a beginner. =]

-----------------------------------------------
Pokémon Teal Version
: Alphere's Throne
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
: God of Restoration
Uiyto region map still in progress...
Old December 26th, 2012, 11:50 AM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to xWhyNotx
Here are some pros and cons I see about this hack.
Pros.

Spoiler:
The tiles aren't bland for the most part.
It doesn't seem like it completely sucks.
Your mapping is decent.
Cool name ._.

Cons.

Spoiler:
There are a lot of tile errors on the paths where the corners meet.
The maps need to be filled in more.
The storyline needs improvement

Suggestions:

Storyline:
Spoiler:
There seems to be nothing really special about your storyline. Maybe you can go into detail a little more about why you're going on your adventure or some history/special things about the region. Another thing you could do is name the reason the Evil Team does what they do. Are their purposes good or bad? Also, you could name their goals. One other thing you can do is go into detail a little more about the characters in the game like the rivals you encounter, or even the hero. Try keeping in mind when you write a storyline to not make the hero sound like a boy or girl. I'm just trying to help a little.

Tiles:
Spoiler:
I guess I could've put this in my mapping suggestions too, but oh well! lol. Okay, I thing your bordering trees need some work. That's no big deal, you could fix that in minutes probably. I like the houses/signs/ect so I'd keep them. You might want to pay attention to your paths a little more where the corners meet. There are tiles that go there, you just have to find them in the tileset.

Mapping:
Spoiler:
I'm going to keep this simple because I'm tired of typing and I have my own hack to work on. lol. Just keep in mind not to have too much free space on the map. Don't overcrowd the map though. Try having things close to eachother.

I'm not criticizing. Just trying to help (;

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here