• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't mess with me! I haven't had my coffee yet.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Are you the kind of person that needs some kind of caffeine to wake up in the morning? Are you a total Krabby until you do?

I'm naturally a morning person, so I don't really need anything to help me get up. I normally wake up between 5 and 7 pretty much every day. And although I don't need it, it is a pretty bad habit to drink a morning soda when I wake up. I'm honestly more calm and amicable in the morning. Something about the world being asleep/just waking up is captivatingly mesmerizing. And I guess the lack of annoying tards because they all sleeping. :o

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
No, but I should be. Things like that don't affect my mood, but it keeps me up. If I don't have something to keep me awake, I go back to sleep.

Years
I wouldn't say I need coffee to wake up, but I defiantly need it to stay up. Throughout the day my motivation to stay awake and get on with work and whatnot dwindles to the point where I'll either sit in the common room talking to people or I'll go to sleep for a bit.
If I have coffee, or some other decent caffeinated drink then I'll usually fly through whatever work I have to do and then I can crash peacefully knowing that I've gotten everything I need to do out of the way.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I don't really need any caffeine every morning. Rather, I need something to look forward to in order to be up & about in the morning. Saturdays aren't a problem with that - it's with every other day that it becomes an issue.

But still, I don't need caffeine, just enough sleep.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Yeah I pretty much need a cup of coffee to wake up. This habit started when I was in High School and had to wake up at 5:30 AM for school and of course continues to this day. If I dont drink coffee I get an annoying headache, I kinda wish caffeine wasnt so addictive.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Nope. I'm not a morning person; generally, I make myself wake up by listening to music.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I don't drink coffee, because my mother says it will only mess me up. Anyways, even without coffee, I'm a morning person. I like the morning. I like waking up before my family does. I like listening to the early-morning news. I love everything about mornings, but I prefer the nighttime.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Nope. Too much caffeine in my system causes me to have chest pains so having some right when I get up would possibly be a really bad idea for me. That said my mood depends on how well I slept, how long I slept, and what is going to happen that day and possibly anything that lingers from the day before. nothing to do with what I drink or anything.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't necessarily need it but I really enjoy having it. If I don't have some before 5 though I get a headache and become:

tumblr_m8ghad1qJe1qkvue8o1_500.gif

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Caffeine, like sweets, makes me feel sick in the morning so I avoid it as a whole. I'm typically a morning person (but if I had a terrible night of sleep, I'm probably the opposite) so it's not an issue regardless.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't need caffeine to function when I get up each morning. When I wake up, I feel groggy at first, but I slowly perk up.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm alright in the morning, as long as no one keeps bothering me and such. I rather be in my room minding my own stuffs until around 12pm or 1pm. I don't mind talking to people online tho ahha.

If people annoys me in the morning tho, I get kinda Krabby. So just leave me alone and we'll get along just fine :P

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've drunk coffee once in my entire life. I'm not exactly a morning person anymore since I go to bed so late and get up so late, but I've never needed caffeine to put me in a decent mood. I've always been fine in the mornings. I don't even usually eat or drink anything until lunch time!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
The thought of having caffeine early in the morning makes me nauseous. In fact, I am not too big on caffeine at all. I dislike coffee, tea, many types of soda and energy drinks. I don't mind Gatorade and Powerade though.

Years
I'm so dependent on caffeine I have to drink it within a few hours of getting up or I get a bad headache. Look what I've gotten myself into. -_-; Doesn't tend to make me crabby, unless I have a headache. Just a bit tired.

It's usually soda. Sometimes an energy drink instead. Almost never coffee, because it's too bitter for me. I actually had some on Sunday, though, because I didn't want to spend my family gathering with a headache.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I'm not a morning person as I am nocturnal and can rarely wake up, but I don't normally start the day with a cup of coffee, I just wait until I wake up xD

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
I need motivation to get up, not coffee.

Besides, even if I was a coffee person, it'd take motivation to get out of bed and make coffee in the first place. So why not skip the extra step and force myself up? XD

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I am a morning person as well, just like the thread starter. But I drink coffee every morning because I like the taste of coffee, not because it energize my mind.

Years
If I need caffeine in the mornings, I'll chug a soda. Or maybe make some tea. Coffee is right out because I absolutely can't stand it in more than small amounts. Too bitter.

Although usually I don't need it. I'm fairly decent at waking up enough to be able to function, given enough time. And if I can't...well, then I'm probably tired enough to where caffeine wouldn't help me at all anyway.

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
I don't really sleep much due to my severe insomnia.

When I do need to wake up, a little meditation & a nice cup of Jasmine Tea (or vanilla Early Grey) always give me the energy I need.
Meaning caffeine does help a little.

Back