The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 19th, 2012, 02:50 AM
GrimmReaper
Glaceon Lover <3

Nature: Relaxed
Just wondering what your favourite series is and why?

For me it would have to be Advanced Battle, The theme song was awesome, Hoenn is my favourite region, May was much less of a pain than Misty and most of my favourite epsidoes are from AB.

What do you guys think?
Old November 21st, 2012, 11:34 AM
Sukisu
Dark Trainer

Nature: Timid
Advanced Battle was good but I like the Johto series better due to the catchy theme song to me at least.

And also because it was the first time I saw new pokemon in the series.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 01:27 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
A.B. had lots of exciting episodes (at least for me), but many of my favorite episodes appeared during the Sinnoh era. I really loved all the episodes with Pokemon Contest. I really loved watching Zoey and Glameow. Laughed hard, every time I saw "Jessilina" in contest.

As for the Theme song I prefer the original Japanese language versions "Rivals" "OK" "Pokemon Symphonic Medley".
Watchog's #1 Fan!! -
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

my 3DS XL FC is full - My 3DS Flame Red still needs friends - 3325-3310-5332 -
Normal Safari - Lilipup, Loudred, ??? - send me a quick message if you want to be added
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:19 AM
johnnyman

Johto is my favorite all the way because catchy theme song, and they didn't go "out of their way" to create the anime series. I like the other ones too, though.

To take this test, click here.

To take the old test, click here.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 06:29 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Kinda a tie between Johto and Hoenn. I first started getting into the anime when Johto aired here, and Johto is pretty much my favourite regions of all anyways. There were so many episodes of those seasons that I simply love, and that's pretty much it. As for Hoenn, I think I mainly liked it because most of my experience with anything from the third generation actually comes from the anime. It's the only region other than Kanto that I've watched fully through in the anime, and it still has some of my favourite episodes.

The other ones are great too, but these are just the ones I've always loved the most :D
Old November 23rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I loved Sinnoh, cos of the character development, the story with Chimchar, the battles and DAWN!!

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:07 PM
Yellow Silver Nostalgia
Those Were The Days

I've not watched Pokemon since the originals but how can anything get better than the originals? The Venustoise fusion dance... the ancient giant Jigglypuff, Gengar and Alakazam... the "Island of the Giant Pokemon" theme park... the vengeful Tentacruel... Sabrina's dollhouse... the emotional Bye Bye Butterfree... Charizard's attitudes... it was so imaginative, surreal and heartfelt back then.
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:49 PM
GrimmReaper
Glaceon Lover <3

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Silver Nostalgia View Post
the emotional Bye Bye Butterfree...
I remember watching that as a wee boy. They put so much effort into the story with the original series. I was actually genuinely gutted when I watched Bye Bye Butterfree
Old November 30th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Ra's al Ghul
Unhatched Egg

i personally thought Sinnoh was the best. Ash seemed to use a lot more strategy and he had a worthy rival in Paul. And it didnt seem very dumbed down like the Unova region
Old December 1st, 2012, 06:24 AM
Triston1zn
GYM LEADER

Nature: Calm
I really got behind the Johto series...that comprised most of my childhood so I will always be bias towards it!!...from the cool theme songs to the cool pokemon to the cool region itself.....it could do NO WRONG..

PS...RA'S AL GHUL!!!...I would challenge you to a fight to the death!!...if only you didn't have those DAMN lazarus pits!! LOL
Old December 23rd, 2012, 04:33 PM
Balkoni
Unhatched Egg

The seasons we watch during our childhood really make us love pokemon because it's when we believe in things the most. Personally Johto and Kanto were my favourite, because I got to see Charizard, which was just astonishing, and so I really liked it
Old December 24th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
Sinnoh is my favorite region, thus most of my favorite episodes come from the seasons there. I love Dawn and Zoey's contest techniques, and the Ash versus Paul battles were absolutely breath-taking.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old December 27th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Sheep
foxy foxy whats it gonna be

Nature: Timid
I adored early-mid Johto and pretty much all of Hoenn. The latter brought some really great characters to the series and they had great relationships, especially May and Drew (and Harley)! Johto was mostly for nostalgia purposes haha. xD;
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Roughsponge
Phenominal.

Nature: Quirky
My favourite series was the Sinnoh one, it had the best battles and character development. The original series was good back in the day though!
Old March 31st, 2013, 08:23 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Mine is DP Sinnoh League Victors. I love it a lot.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old March 31st, 2013, 11:42 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Please don't revive a thread that hasn't been posted in over 30 days ago.

Closed~

Sponsored Links