The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old December 23rd, 2012, 12:13 AM
InkFrog
Togepi

Sweet! I'll get it done before I go to bed tonight!

My SU!
Spoiler:
Name: Jack Mesa
Age (13+):
Appearance: Jack has a golden tan sprinkled with faint freckles across his shoulders and cheekbones. His hair is a light brown, blond highlights bleached in from lots of time in the sun, and wavy. It's usually pulled back into a stubby ponytail to keep it tied back, though his bangs don't quite reach the tie and get in his face most of the time. He's quite short, but doesn't seem to mind or notice this fact at all. His dark brown eyes are usually sparkling. He has a bright face, with a blunt nose and a wide charming smile that shows off the slight gap between his two front teeth.
Personality: Jack is a homespun boy through and through. He still holds a very idealized and some might say naive view of the world, though it's tempered with a down-to-earth practicality. Some people might hear his country drawl and see his ignorance of technology and the world and think he's dumb. However, he does have a resourcefulness and a conventional wisdom that serves him very well in the more physical world of pokemon. He connects quickly with pokemon, and has a knowledge of how they work from growing up on a farm, so he is actually quite good at advancing his pokemon's techniques ahead of their time and teaching difficult moves. He doesn't often choose to do this because he's a big believer in natural growth and living. He's very trusting and because of that a bit gullible, but he never holds a grudge and is so comfortable with himself and his world view that it's very hard to embarrass him. He's extremely patient, and so easy-going that it's almost completely unheard of for him to panic. His plodding, stubborn, methodical way can sometimes get in the way when speed is of the essence, but good luck getting him to move any faster than he's comfortable with.
History and motives for entering: Jack was born in Kanto on a ranch and farm that raised many kinds of pokemon for commercial purposes. He grew up relatively separated from culture on his family's farm that lagged about fifty years in the past technology wise. He grew up working hard, loving the outdoors, and being surrounded by and helping care for pokemon every day. Unlike his parents however, Jack fell in love with the stories of heroic gym leaders, and the romanticized image of pokemon trainers. He was determined to become one, and at the age of twelve, went out to the nearby forest, and came back with a wiggling baby paras in his arms, declaring that he had caught it and it was his now so he would be going on a journey now.

His parents were surprisingly supportive, and later, once Jack had begun wandering, they even sent him a ponyta from the farm to help him along. Jack began to take the Kanto gym challenge, though it was certainly not the marvelous adventure that he thought it would be. Jack didn't like seeing his pokemon get hurt, and though he had a gift for working with a pokemon's physiology and teaching them moves, he didn't take to pokemon battles very much. Still, he persevered on, because he still found value in bonding with his pokemon. However, he eventually found out about the contest system outside of Kanto. He immediately became infatuated with the idea of contests, and the moment his pokemon could fly and surf, set out to traverse the regions to make it to the contest scene.

Jack took the contest scene by storm, quickly earning a reputation for his pokemon's advanced and precise moves. He had a talent for training pokemon and it led him to much greater success in contests than in battling where his tactics were lacking. Jack spent a good two years in the contest battling scene, and actually managed to become a professional coordinater, making enough money off it to keep going. He's known mostly for his clean and simple style that highlights a pokemon's natural abilities and talents rather than focusing on flashy artificial routines. All was going well until one day Jack received a call from his parents.

Jack's home and parent's farm had fallen into bankrupcy over the four years Jack was away. While Jack made enough money to support himself and send a little bit home, he was not yet famous enough to make anywhere near enough money to save the farm. He needed a lot of money fast. When he heard of the monetary prize he could choose for the Ultima cup, he knew that was the only way he had a chance. Jack flew back to Kanto, finishing up his last three badges without too much difficulty after the intense training his team had from their contest days. After that, he set his eyes on the Ultima Cup
Current Team as of entry:
Chaga the Paras

Male| Effect Spore
Moves: Aromatherapy, X-scizor, Giga Drain, Spore
Chaga was Jack's first pokemon, and despite its unevolved state, is his strongest and very high leveled. Chaga is curious and intelligent, but tends to over-think things and worry more than his master. He works to be very precise in everything.

Skip the Rapidash

Female | Flash Fire
Moves: Fireblast, Bounce, Agility, stomp
Skip is very much a skittish horse. She startles easily, and is constantly weary and on edge, ready to bolt at any moment. Her high energy gives her great speed and grace. She adores Jack however, and if she's alone with him is very affectionate.

Joker the Dodrio

Male | Run Away
Moves: Fly, Drill peck, Endeavor, Tri attack
Grumpy bird with anger issues. Vocalizes a lot of chirps and screeches to let his anger known. Squabbles with himself constantly.

Daffodil the Golduck

Female | Cloud Nine
Moves: Surf, Confusion, Disable, Screech
Daffodil thinks she's smarter than she is, which admittedly, is pretty smart, but not worthy of the incredibly snobby attitude she has. A perfectionist and fierce battler, she's not the kind of pokemon you want to get on the bad side of. She disapproves of cheerfulness and frivolousness, finding it sloppy and idiotic. She has a strong sense of honor.

Spot the Spinda

Female | Own Tempo
Moves: Hypnosis, Dizzy Punch, Sucker Punch, Teeter Dance
Completely unpredictable. She's generally bouncy and cheerful, but has been known to have extreme mood swings for no apparent reason.

Any other relevant info: Not that I can think of.

Last edited by InkFrog; December 23rd, 2012 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 04:14 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
Alright you're in

It seems we are mostly all going for the money, it would be nice to see the remaining SUs aimning for something else.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 09:11 AM
-brooke
not gonna raichu a love song

Nature: Sassy
Currently working on my SU. This is going to sound like a dumb question, but where do you guys find your Pokemon avatars to go with your team? I haven't been able to find them. /:

Be content where you're at, regardless of your circumstances.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 09:17 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

That's good, I love seeing the interesting characters you guys come up with.

I get mine from here http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html
Old December 23rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
-brooke

Thank you so much! My SU will be up shortly!

Old December 23rd, 2012, 10:00 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

That's what I like to here. It has been a while so we should have an IC soon
Old December 23rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
-brooke

Name: Kaia Rynhart

Age (13+): 16

Appearance (Description or Image): Kaia is an extremely short girl for her age, only 5'0. Her 's' shaped curly hair is a soft shade of black, reaching her mid-back. She is petite on top and slightly curvy on bottom, and due to her biracial heritage (black and white), her skin is a dark olive color. She has doe-like dark hazel eyes, which are commonly mistaken for brown. Her heart-shaped face carries features such as her small nose, chin and cheekbones, in contrast to her rather large eyes.

Kaia normally sports slightly baggy, scoop neck t-shirts with dark-wash skinny jeans and dark brown ankle-high boots to match. She also wears a lilac backpack on her back that carries all of her supplies, her pokedex and her pokeballs.

Personality: Kaia is a very energetic, friendly girl. She is also a very dedicated and determined person, but she is extremely naive. She is usually an optimistic person, but just like any other person, she has her moments of doubt. She distributes trust like a good mother would give out sweets to her children. Cautiously and with care. It's something that is earned from her, not given.

She has a difficult time understanding other people and understanding why others do certain things. Something that usually works to her disadvantage when it comes to understanding people is she is not one to consider putting herself in someone else's shoes. She likes to see things her way and likes to think her way is generally the right way, as would be expected out of a 16-year-old girl. She is very particular about her clothing, that is for sure.

Kaia is also a very competitive person, something her comrades always found to be annoying. But, something that is often a surprise to many is the fact that she is not a sore loser. She accepts defeat gingerly unless she believes she's been cheated.

She isn't one to think quickly and easily on her feet. She likes to think things through and weigh her options before she makes a move, something that works as an advantage at times and a disadvantage at others

History and motives for entering: From birth to the age of ten, Kaia was a bouncy, bubbly, and happy child. She ran through the house like a wild animal, always smiling and having fun. She never talked back, though, and she never complained. She never cried, or and it was a rare occasion for her to do anything negative a normal child would do. She was always a loving child, and had loving parents to match.

One afternoon, her parents decided they wanted to go out for dinner. This wasn't unusual, about every few weeks or so they'd go out on a Friday night together. Of course, Kaia never minded. She was dropped off at her grandmothers like every other Friday night outing her parents went out on. But, Kaia did mind when her parents never came back to pick her up. Instead, her grandmother received a phone call from the police, stating that her parents had died in a car crash on their way back from dinner.

When her parent's died, custody was transferred to the closest relative she had besides her parents, and that was her grandmother. At first, Kaia didn't want anything to do with her grandmother. She didn't want anything to do with anybody. She hated the fact that her parents were gone, and that it'd be a while before she'd see them again. Because of this, she didn't yet see the point in getting close to anyone else if they'd just later be taken from her. No, she wasn't exactly depressed, but she was never the same optimistic person again.

After about a year, though, she stopped distancing herself from other people. She started to gain her old spark back, but, as stated before, she was never quite the same as she used to be.

Kaia has decided to enter the tournament to prove herself to her grandmother, who has always been against Pokemon training. "It is a destructive art for both the human and the Pokemon involved." she had always said, but never denied Kaia the chance to train because she was also a strong believer in responsibility, which she felt Kaia would learn had she adopted the trade of Pokemon training. Kaia doesn't necessarily have a want for the money, but it would obviously be a nice bonus.

Current Team as of entry (species, gender, ability, 4 moves)

Glaceon--Female--Snow Cloak--Blizzard/Ice Beam/Ice Fang/Bite

Luxray--Male--Intimidate--Charge Beam/Thunder/Protect/Bite

Poliwrath--Male--Water Absorb--Bubble Beam/Protect/Giga Impact/Toxic

Charmeleon--Female--Blaze--Fire Spin/Flamethrower/Fire Punch/Cut

Alakazam--Male--Synchronize--Psychic/Psybeam/Shadow Ball/Thunder Wave

Roserade--Female--Energy Ball/Hyper Beam/Solar Beam/Roar

Any other relevant info: None that I can think of.

Last edited by -brooke; December 23rd, 2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: fixing a typo
Old December 23rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Brooke you're in, a very interesting character indeed
Old December 23rd, 2012, 12:27 PM
-brooke

Thank you, I worked hard on this character. I can't wait for this RP to start. :3

Old December 23rd, 2012, 03:48 PM
CharmingAngel30
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hasty
Well....
I can't wait for this
this RP is my first RP with english language~
And, if i got post 15 post, i'll add a picture of my character and add more information
Good luck!
Please have the IC thread ASAP
Old December 23rd, 2012, 05:16 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

I can only wait for it to be approved, I already submitted it a week ago. It should be up very shortly but Skymin probably has other things to do since it is a very busy time of the year.
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Strikit
Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Strikit Send a message via Yahoo to Strikit
I'll be lurking to see if your reserve posts their SU, because if they don't, I'd like to make a reserve and put something together. I know just the character to use.
Old December 26th, 2012, 07:13 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Feel free to post, I'm putting a spot back up since they are taking so long, but you better get your SU in soon in case they post first.

@Angel - Your still reserved but please post soon.
Old December 26th, 2012, 07:15 PM
curiousnathan
a hero can be afraid, too

Nature: Careful
I'm going to have to drop out. Mainly due to the fact that I've only just realised that I've been taking on way too much. Thanks for the opportunity, and perhaps I'll be able to roleplay with you sometime in the near future.
Old December 27th, 2012, 07:59 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

No worries, thanks for letting me know.
Old December 27th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Serin
Noob

Name: Drayden Reaper

Appearance: Roughly 5'10 to 6'0, his once young, athletic build now a bit thin and frail, Drayden Reaper is an older man, his appearance is evident of that. His rugged face from many years of battling and adventures is covered by an aged beard stretching from his ears and extending just a bit under his chin. Once black, now unsaturated with accents of gray, it compliments his thinning hair combed backwards, long enough to cover the middle of his neck. His skin is now aged and cracked from days without proper nutrition. His lips are chapped, his sharp cheekbones and nose creates somewhat of an arrow shape under his gray eyes, dark but wise. Thick eyebrows rest tireledly over his once passionate eyes. Hints of once happy days are the few wrinkles on his forehead, the corner of his mouth, and under his eyes. He wears the same faded brown trench coat everywear over layers of tattered shirts and sweaters, only removing them during the summer or in hot regions. His black pants are ripped and worn, splashed with mud at the bottom. His worn, black boots are brown from mud and dirt. He wears a leather belt that he built himself to hold his Poke'balls and a pocket for his red journal that he still uses.

Personality: Drayden, also known as "Dray" by friends or "The Reaper" by enemies, is a very solitary man. Because of his situations growing up, he never had time for a lot of friends and only made few companions throughout his journeys. He used to be very spirited and eager of new adventures, but his old age has taken its toll on him, physically and emotionally. Now he spends time writing, recording his memories, or what he can recollect. Despite his hermit-like lifestyle, he loves people and he especially loves Pokemon. Drayden often enjoys talking about his past experiences, especially to younger trainers. When he's not writing or entertaining people with his stories, Drayden likes to keep his elder Pokemon training, believing that no Pokemon could ever reach its peak level and there is always room for improvement. After years of making mistakes, getting into trouble, Drayden has become very wise. This leads him to be calm and cool-tempered, thinking his way through problems and somewhat philosophical; questioning things and thinking past the surface.

History and motives for entering: Drayden Reaper was born in Pallet Town to a very poor couple: Samuel and Maria Reaper. His dad was an alcoholic, often abandoning his family to go to the small bar in Viridian City, and was an avid gambler. He once made a bad deal with the head of Team Rocket and was executed, leaving just Drayden and his single mother. They lived in a shack built a few yards off of Route 1, as they couldn't even afford to pay the taxes to live in Pallet Town. Drayden, however, associated with kids from Pallet Town as well as Viridian City.

At the age of 7 he began venturing off on his own to the nearby towns and that is when he met Oak who introduced him to everything about Pokemon. Drayden always knew what Pokemon were, as he grew up in the Wild, but never knew what they were capable of. Drayden and Oak, who was a bit older and already started his Pokemon journey, became good friends, and Oak promised to Drayden that when he turned 10, he would help him get his first Pokemon. When that day finally came, on his 10th birthday, Drayden visited Oak at his father's lab. Oak and his father were happy to help Drayden, they asked him what Pokemon has he seen that fascinated him the most. His answer was Dratini; he had seen one when him and Oak sneaked across the bridge to Fushsia City and into the Safari Zone. Oak knew that would be his choice, as he seen the passion in Drayden's eyes as the little Dragon Pokemon showed itself to them that one day. And with a few strings pulled by Oak's father, Drayden received a baby Dratini that day. He also received a bright red journal and pen to record all the Pokemon he would see on his journeys.

His journeys took him all over the world, visiting various regions, going through towns and defeating all the gym leaders. He rarely had money and couldn't afford to give his Pokemon proper health care at a Pokemon Center. However, this allowed his Pokemon become stronger as they adapted to taking heavy damage; their endurance increased and became exceptionally powerful. He never could afford Pokeballs, and Dratini, whom he nicknamed "Drake," was his only Pokemon until he traveled to Azalea Town and met a young man named Kurt whom learned to craft Pokeballs from his father and taught Drayden. After learning the skill, he set out to capture any Pokemon he could. To this day, Drayden has captured and recorded 324 Pokemon from all over the world. Most of them are stored at his old friend Prof. Oak's lab.

After years of living in poverty by his choice; his only passion was capturing and training Pokemon, Drayden realized he was growing old and couldn't keep going on long, tiring journeys, however, he couldn't afford to settle down anywhere. He heard news of The Ultima Cup and the prize of 2.5 million dollars. He couldn't afford to enter into other League's as there was often an entry fee, but decided this would be his chance.

Current Team:
Drake: Dragonite--Male--Multiscale--Dragon Rush, Outrage, Hyper Beam, Dragon Dance
History: Drake was given to Drayden as a baby Dratini by Oak and his dad. It was his first and only Pokemon until Drayden turned 15. It evolved quickly to a Dragonite through so many battles and living through harsh conditions.

Lila:Meganium--Female--xx-Solarbeam, Aroma Therapy, Petal Dance, Magical Leaf
History: Lila was the first Pokemon Drayden captured on his own. It was the leader of a group of Chikorita and Bayleef he came across in the Ilex Forest after learning how to craft Poke'balls from Kurt in Azalea Town. It was already very powerful, but Drake, already a Dragonair, was able to defeat the Pokemon, and the Meganium accepted Drayden as a worthy trainer.

Silver:Charizard--Male--Blast Burn--Flare Blitz, Inferno, Flamethrower, Slash
History: After a few years of exploring the Johto region, returning to the Kanto region, and capturing many Pokemon in between, Drayden, now 22 years old, along with Prof. Oak and his group of researchers, went to Johto on an exploration to find a valley known to be filled with Charizard. Here, as Prof. Oak examined the powerful fire Pokemon, Drayden found himself inside one of the beast's lair and stumbled upon Team Rocket up to no good. They were antagonizing an elder Charizard whom was protecting an egg. Before Drayden could step in, the Charizard was restrained by an electrical net and stabbed in the heart; its fire on its tail burned brighter and brighter until the flame engulfed the Charizard and turned it to ash. Drayden and his team defeated Team Rocket and took the egg for safe keeping. It eventually hatched into an albino Charmander whom Drayden named Silver. Drayden decided to keep Silver as apart of his party and it eventually evolved into Charmeleon, then into Charizard.

Bladecyther--Male--Steadfast--Swords Dance, Air Slash, X-Scissor, Slash
History: While in Kanto for his 26th birthday, Drayden was ambushed by a pack of Scythers. Him and his team managed to fight off the Scyther and he even captured one. Blade was very disobedient towards Drayden, despite his experience as a trainer. However, Blade became one of Drayden's favorite Pokemon. On a venture through Team Rocket territory, Drayden and Blade had a Team Rocket administrator pinned down. Drayden ordered Blade to let the member go, but being stubborn and rash, decapitated the Administrator. Fleeing Team Rocket members told the story and Drayden was infamously nicknamed "The Reaper" by his enemies. Despite the unfortunate fatality, Drayden still kept Blade in his party, and after some years, the Scyther began to grow on him.

Lucy:Gallade--Male--Steadfast--Psycho Cut, Teleport, Double Team, Close Combat
History: Close to 40 years old, Drayden was exploring the Hoenn region. Ralts was one of the Pokemon he captured. Drayden trains every single Pokemon he captures, and Ralts wasn't an exclusion. While training in Mt. Chimney, Drayden and, his newly evolved Kirlia (whom he named Lucy as he thought it was a female) came across a strange glowing rock. Kirlia began to glow and evolved into Gallade, a Pokemon Drayden had never seen before. He traveled back to Kanto with a sample of the rock to talk to Prof. Oak about it. Gallade was a new Pokemon to those regions; it was rarely found in Sinnoh if anywhere. This inspired Drayden to travel to the Sinnoh region.

Empress:Empoleon--Female--Torrent--Hydro Pump, Aqua Jet, Metal Claw, Drill Peck
History: After discovering Gallade in the Hoenn region and inspired to travel to the Sinnoh region, Drayden first landed in Sandgem Town where he immediately befriended Prof. Rowan whom also was a friend of Prof. Oak. Rowan was amazed with Drayden's vast journeys and large database of Pokemon. He gifted Drayden a Piplup. Piplup stayed in Drayden's party and eventually evolved into Empoleon.

I think all of you young trainers are gonna have a hard time on your hands.
Old December 27th, 2012, 07:28 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Accepted, he's tough but that is reasonable due to his experience so it is okay, just remember to keep him balanced with other characters.

Note: Please start posting in the IC ASAP
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Serin
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
Accepted, he's tough but that is reasonable due to his experience so it is okay, just remember to keep him balanced with other characters.

Note: Please start posting in the IC ASAP
Thanks. And of course.

Is there gonna be a general plot or guide we should follow? Or do we just go around and battle for now?

I think you should elaborate a bit more on the locations and the Ultima Cup in general. It seems to be a bit like the Hunger Games (especially the survival area) but less gruesome.

How does each zone look? Where are the located in relativity to the other zones? Ect.
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:52 PM
InkFrog
Togepi

I would post but it looks like I'm not actually on the players/characters list (which also doesn't correspond with the number of spots you say are taken?) Is that just a mistake or do I have to do something else with the sign up? oAo

I too would like to know if we should follow a specific plot, if there are any rules for battling trainers (both PC and NPC alike) or catching new pokemon o3o

Sam Heights in Tainted Waters
TEAM:

Jack Mesa in Ultimate Tournament
TEAM:
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:45 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

It's just an error ink, post away. I'm going to get around to fixing it soon.

@Serin they are the same as from D/P/Pt just imagine them on a larger scale. As for story this RP is mostly freeplay with the only major story shift being when I move us into the finals
Old December 28th, 2012, 11:01 PM
InkFrog
Togepi

Okay then I've posted! Started up some interaction with Drayden since he's the only other person who's posted and is in the survival zone; I wanted Jack to start in the Survival Zone -v-;;

Sam Heights in Tainted Waters
TEAM:

Jack Mesa in Ultimate Tournament
TEAM:
Old December 29th, 2012, 05:32 AM
-brooke

Hey, sorry for my late first post! I haven't actually posted it yet, but I'm working on it. c:
I've been working constantly and haven't had much time to do anything for the past two days. -___-

Old December 29th, 2012, 06:02 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

It's okay, I'm looking forward to it.

Edit:
@ -Brooke: Do you have a preferred outcome for this? I was thinking a draw would be a nice start.

Last edited by gimmepie; December 29th, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old December 29th, 2012, 12:30 PM
-brooke

Quote:

Edit:
@ -Brooke: Do you have a preferred outcome for this? I was thinking a draw would be a nice start.
Not necessarily. I think a draw is a good idea.

Old December 29th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Serin
Noob

Quote:

Edit:
I haven't been in too many RP's.
So..
On the topic of battles/interactions.

Do we simply wait for a response to our response to the other person's response.
Example.

John: *long post then runs into Sarah.*
Sarah: *short post interacting to John's introduction.*
John: *short post reacting to Sarah's response to his introduction.*

And it would be a series of short posts, rarely moving the story along? Or is that the whole idea of it? To create sort a "script" of dialogue between two characters in the RP until another action happens to progress the story?

And in the case of battles. I assume we would have to wait for the opponent to finish their post reacting to our attack?

John: *Charizard uses flamethrower*
waits
Sarah: *Blastoise dodges flamethrower, uses Skull Bash*
John: *Skull Bash hits Charizard. Charizard grabs Blastoise and flys up with him, preparing a Seismic Toss.*
On that last line, would we be able to go ahead and do the full attack, or give the opponent time to react, likeso-
Sarah: *Blastoise uses Hydro Pump knocking Charizard back, forcing him to let go of Blastoise.*

I know we can't make every turn a dodge/counter, but how will we decide what attack hits/ect. Is it just up to the responsibility of the RP'er to not godmod (or whatever its called lol)?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links