The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: What should the first release be?
Beta - 4 gyms, more into the storyline 43 87.76%
Alpha - 1 gym, not as much storyline events 6 12.24%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 21st, 2012, 04:43 AM
kebbles
Rom Hacker.

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by xWhyNotx View Post
I honestly like Dawn more, but I'm a guy .____.
As for the tiles, I inserted them myself, which was fairly easy considering they were all about 16 colors. ^-^
Thanks for the constructive criticism. I can always use some! I'm still a beginner at mapping, but I'm hoping to get better ^-^
Yeah im a guy too, to be more accurate I mean like look at his hat lol that says it all..
Yeah I know I've inserted most of them myself, I never liked those trees thats why I choose different ones.
Your mapping really needs to improve, If your going to use such nice tiles you have to use them to their best.
If you need some tips on mapping Pm me or something

When the world is in its final moments..
Where will you be?
Old December 23rd, 2012, 09:35 AM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to xWhyNotx
UPDATE:
It's been a few days since I've updated you on what I've been doing, so here's one.
I haven't really done as much as usual to the Game. There is a good reason for it though. I am slowly but surely learning ASM so I can make this game great!
I've also done some remapping to Mount. Taber. It is now snowcapped and will be incorporated into the game in a way you'll see in screenshots :3
I did it hit a problem... The houses in the beginning town have glitched, I don't know why. I'll work on the problem later, but if I can't fix it I'll need to get new houses.
I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY BEAUTIFUL HOUSE! D:
xD
Seeya guys.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 05:45 PM
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Nature: Modest
The screen look's promising and I like how the story and tiles are. I can't wait for the first release.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 06:10 PM
Banette`
[ The Vengeful Doll ]

Quote:
UPDATE:
It's been a few days since I've updated you on what I've been doing, so here's one.
I haven't really done as much as usual to the Game. There is a good reason for it though. I am slowly but surely learning ASM so I can make this game great!
I've also done some remapping to Mount. Taber. It is now snowcapped and will be incorporated into the game in a way you'll see in screenshots :3
I did it hit a problem... The houses in the beginning town have glitched, I don't know why. I'll work on the problem later, but if I can't fix it I'll need to get new houses.
I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY BEAUTIFUL HOUSE! D:
xD
Seeya guys.
Roffll, love that last sentence there. xD
I agree with PokemonGiratinaX, they all do look very promising. Hoping to see more map previews. c: Absolutely cannot wait for the first release either. ~

Old December 24th, 2012, 07:13 AM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Thanks guys! I'll work on getting more screenshots for you later today!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 25th, 2012, 03:21 PM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

WELCOME TO MT. TABER (Present Day).

This is where the legendary battle between Giratina and Taber took place and Taber saved the world! It will have a major part in the story. It is located Northwest of your hometown. I know the screenshots have Rayquaza in them. I'm inserting a Giratina sprite later tonight :D

Last edited by xWhyNotx; December 25th, 2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old December 25th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Banette`
[ The Vengeful Doll ]

It's so pretty, I really enjoy the colors and everything. It's so appealing to the eyes. o:
Now.. You say there's a Rayquaza Sprite in the screenshots. Which are you referring to? o -o

Old December 25th, 2012, 05:12 PM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banette` View Post
It's so pretty, I really enjoy the colors and everything. It's so appealing to the eyes. o:
Now.. You say there's a Rayquaza Sprite in the screenshots. Which are you referring to? o -o
I am referring to the Overworld battle scene between Charizard and Rayquaza.lol

Old December 26th, 2012, 05:23 PM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

So, I've been working hard :D well, sorta xD
I've inserted the Giratina Sprite in the beginning as promised (screenshot updated)
I've finished mapping Mt. Taber's Present Day and Past maps
I've finished mapping the first town, inside buildings and out.
I've mapped out the first route for the most part.
All tiles are inserted except for jumpable hills and buildings for other towns.
I updated the male hero's OW to make it smaller. It is no longer oversized! :D

Old December 26th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Banette`
[ The Vengeful Doll ]

Quote:
I am referring to the Overworld battle scene between Charizard and Rayquaza.lol
Oh, wow. I feel like a derp, I see what you're talking about now. xD

Old December 27th, 2012, 09:21 AM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

CHARACTER UPDATE! :D

Here you go guys. You may notice I've recycled sprites from other games. Well this is because I suck at OW editing :/ lol
Anyway, I thought of ways to incorporate each into the game so people aren't thinking, "HEY! WHAT'S HE/SHE DOING IN THIS REGION?!" xD

Okay.. So..
Cynthia - After being defeated by Lucas/Dawn in the Sinnoh region Cynthia decides to make a fresh start in the Jade region! After training her new pokemon and becoming the champion of the Jade region your father beat her and due to the devastation, she stopped doing major tournament battles. She is now a mentor and will challenge your skills!

Oak and Ash - After Ash's mother came down with an illness and eventually died he was sent to live with Professor Oak. With memories of Ash's mother haunting them everytime they even looked out the window Professor Oak decided to take the job as the Professor in the Jade Region. Ash, wanting to still be the very best, goes with him and is determined to become the Regional champion in the Jade region. He will be one of your rivals throughout the game.

Barry - After revising his skills he eventually defeated Lucas/Dawn as champion and now travels the world. Simple enough :p

Brendan - He is your brother. He has been traveling the region and training for a long time now and is part of the Elite Four as the fire type trainer. Expect a challenge!

Sir Aaron - Sensing that the Silver Alliance is up to know good he comes to the region with his pokemon, Lucario and Pigeot to put an end to their misbehavior. He eventually asks for your help because he sees that you have what it takes to save the world.

Derrick - He's from the same town as you and he's your neighbor. He is your biggest rival in the game.

I just thought this stuff up. If anyone has better suggestions just let me know, but for now, I'll feel like a boss.

Old December 27th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Correspondence

The back stories are great but the characters are just a bit random i suppose :\
Old December 27th, 2012, 09:44 AM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

When you play the game they won't seem as random because they each have a part in the storyline xP
except Barry, who I'm considering getting rid of.

Old December 27th, 2012, 12:39 PM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

A new poll is up. VOTE! :D

Old December 27th, 2012, 05:36 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
While some of the tiles are iffy, I understand that they're just placeholders until you can get better ones.

The story was pretty good, but I couldn't help noticing this:
Quote:
Your father, the regional champion, left you and your mother when you were just a small child for reasons unknown. You and your father are distant, but you understand that he had his reasons for leaving.
Haha, I would expect you and your father to be distant if he's been gone for years...

As always this hack has potential, I hope you can bring in some quality that most hacks haven't been able to do lately. Good luck!

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||
Old December 27th, 2012, 06:59 PM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejermiester View Post
While some of the tiles are iffy, I understand that they're just placeholders until you can get better ones.

The story was pretty good, but I couldn't help noticing this: Haha, I would expect you and your father to be distant if he's been gone for years...

As always this hack has potential, I hope you can bring in some quality that most hacks haven't been able to do lately. Good luck!
Thanks for the support! And trust me, this hack will be something else! I'm great with storylines and I'm an awesome scripter. Those two put together are a weapon when hacking! c; Okay, enough bragging for me! ._.
Were you referring to the lab when your said about the iffy tiles? I'm in the process of fixing that :p The problem is finding one that size or smaller due to the fact that my tileset is full! It will be replaced when I find one! No worries!

Also, what I meant in that part of the storyline is that you don't see your father much but you don't hate him. lol

Old December 27th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
CHARACTER UPDATE! :D
Okay.. So..
Cynthia - After being defeated by Lucas/Dawn in the Sinnoh region Cynthia decides to make a fresh start in the Jade region! After training her new pokemon and becoming the champion of the Jade region your father beat her and due to the devastation, she stopped doing major tournament battles. She is now a mentor and will challenge your skills!

Oak and Ash - After Ash's mother came down with an illness and eventually died he was sent to live with Professor Oak. With memories of Ash's mother haunting them everytime they even looked out the window Professor Oak decided to take the job as the Professor in the Jade Region. Ash, wanting to still be the very best, goes with him and is determined to become the Regional champion in the Jade region. He will be one of your rivals throughout the game.

Barry - After revising his skills he eventually defeated Lucas/Dawn as champion and now travels the world. Simple enough :p

Brendan - He is your brother. He has been traveling the region and training for a long time now and is part of the Elite Four as the fire type trainer. Expect a challenge!

Sir Aaron - Sensing that the Silver Alliance is up to know good he comes to the region with his pokemon, Lucario and Pigeot to put an end to their misbehavior. He eventually asks for your help because he sees that you have what it takes to save the world.

Derrick - He's from the same town as you and he's your neighbor. He is your biggest rival in the game.

I just thought this stuff up. If anyone has better suggestions just let me know, but for now, I'll feel like a boss.
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Hmm... as a fan of Lucario, I am glad that Sir Aaron has come to the Jade region. But that isn't sir aaron that is actually Riley from Dppt. He is a descendant of Aaron and uses Lucario too. I know this is very weird a suggestion, but why not recolor Riley to a darker version and give him a Zoroark?
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:51 PM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
Hmm... as a fan of Lucario, I am glad that Sir Aaron has come to the Jade region. But that isn't sir aaron that is actually Riley from Dppt. He is a descendant of Aaron and uses Lucario too. I know this is very weird a suggestion, but why not recolor Riley to a darker version and give him a Zoroark?
Your suggestion is quite possible! And yes, I realized he's not Sir Aaron after I posted xD I'd recolor him if I didn't suck at it If you want to recolor him, be my guest! I'd credit you for the sprite and idea.

Old December 27th, 2012, 09:27 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
This game looks yummy! The name "Jade" for your region seems a bit bland. Is there a reason for Jade (sorry, I didn't have time to look through all the pages), but I think you can get a more epic name for your region!
A new journey awaits in the Seijo and Taejo regions.

Build Version 2.5 (Beta 2.3) is out now! Grab a copy!
And check out my new romhack.me profile!
Frozen's Resources (Coming Soon) and Page
Old December 27th, 2012, 10:07 PM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInfernoZX View Post
This game looks yummy! The name "Jade" for your region seems a bit bland. Is there a reason for Jade (sorry, I didn't have time to look through all the pages), but I think you can get a more epic name for your region!
My little sister's name is Jada (Jade for short) and I love her, so I told her I'd base my game around her, literally. c;

Old December 27th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Your suggestion is quite possible! And yes, I realized he's not Sir Aaron after I posted xD I'd recolor him if I didn't suck at it If you want to recolor him, be my guest! I'd credit you for the sprite and idea.
I can do recoloring but I am lazy
Old December 27th, 2012, 10:19 PM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
I can do recoloring but I am lazy
Then I guess it shall stay as Riley xD
It's okay

Old December 28th, 2012, 05:15 PM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

I'm officially looking for a good mapper do to the fact that well.. I suck. I'm not trying to make this a team thing, so this is the only skill area I'm looking for.
The new mapper will be the Co-Owner because I understand mapping is a huge part of the project!

If you're interested just PM/VM me! :D

Old December 29th, 2012, 09:42 AM
XERIQ8jesta_laghoul
Unhatched Egg

I like the fact you put have overworld sprites much like diamond and pearl. i hope your hack becomes just as interesting as progress is made to eventually make your hack downloadable
Old December 29th, 2012, 04:29 PM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

So guys.. It's going to be a slow couple of days of hacking for me.
I'm revising to the tiles to make them more orderly, shading them better, and finishing to insert the tiles up to the first city so I give the game to my new mapper c:
I'll still be working a lot on the hack, just not making progress, if that makes sense.?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links