The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 26th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
Not here to request, I think you probably know how I feel about doing that.

I've seen galleries like yours and Acquiescence by Cid, and on one hand really like what's being done, but on the other, I'm not exactly sure what's being done, either. I see all the before and after examples, but it's still not enough to paint a clear picture.

I'm making the assumption that what you're doing is more graphic design and typography. But is anything else touched up from the source picture itself? Also, are personal graphic touches added in, like shapes and forms?

I have a GD background, but didn't pursue it, so my knowledge of the subject has waned over the years, but I still understand some of the basics. I'm actually more curious, and interested to hear about your design process. That is to say, what do you do step by step? I'm speaking more generally, as I'd assume each piece kind of gets it's own treatment.

I guess what I'm asking is, how does a found image turn into a signature work of Derozio? :) Also, I hope this question is still within forum rules. I don't have enough of an understanding of what's going on to comment on anything directly, but my curiousity and willingness to learn about it hopefully makes up for it (if nothing else but to satisfy the graphic designer in me that's barely making it through on life support, heh).

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old December 27th, 2012, 03:56 AM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
1. Size of the Signature: 500 x 170 & a matching av (150x150), if you have the time to do so.
2. Background Colors/Image: Hmm, your choice, just make it match ;D
3. Render or Image [Please post the L i n k~]: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...pahho1_500.jpg
4. Text: Dash647

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Necrum
Scourge of the Mushroom Kingdom!

Nature: Adamant
1. Size of the Signature: 500x170
2. Background Colors/Image: Black and dark purple (you know, a shade that looks real evil)
3. Render or Image: It says to give credit, so I guess put the artist's name in the corner in a legible font, but not make it draw all the attention.
http://i-e.animepaper.net/thumbnails...w-08b41d64.jpg
4. Text: Demon Swordsman Crona

I have a different idea in mind for an Avatar, but I want to see how this comes out first.
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:42 PM
derozio
my ghost is whispering to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
I think I'll just lock this thread temporarily. I'll be PMing all the completed requests. Don't want the requests to pile up and me ending up not finishing them. Plus I've got a lot of stuff to do right now - which includes the promotion of this section. So I hope you guys don't mind me doing this. ;;

Sponsored Links

Advertise here