The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 10th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERGUNDAI View Post
I thought of it, about RSE remake and I made littleroot town.
Then again I thought about LOL this won't make any difference.

Since I used HGSS, i used the build from Pallet Town to start off, since it had the Pallet Town 3D Building data. But I also wanted to use the New Bark 3D building datas which had the appropriate models to load the houses.

And the models from New Bark won't load on Pallet Town.
i wanna some of you´re maps please sir. Becuase i wanna see what you can do with this tools

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Beike
Unhatched Egg

Hey, I'd like to say thanks for the tutorial, it's really clear and helpful. However, I have a small problem. Your maps seem to open with textures automatically in Sketchup. Well, mine don't... For the record, I'm using HGSS maps. I've tried several, but none of them work. I'm using Sketchup 8, the free version. Anyone would happen to know the solution to this?
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beike View Post
Hey, I'd like to say thanks for the tutorial, it's really clear and helpful. However, I have a small problem. Your maps seem to open with textures automatically in Sketchup. Well, mine don't... :nervous: For the record, I'm using HGSS maps. I've tried several, but none of them work. I'm using Sketchup 8, the free version. Anyone would happen to know the solution to this?
They should. Make sure that Ignore Material Library?: is set to No when you are importing the map. Setting this to Yes will make it be all white.

Platinum Supporter Team Fail

"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."

Charizard

Old October 25th, 2012, 08:35 PM
VERGUNDAI
RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker

Nature: Quiet
There's a bug sometimes, you need to reinstall it, or clear the Skecthup caches.
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERGUNDAI View Post
There's a bug sometimes, you need to reinstall it, or clear the Skecthup caches.
I never knew that it had a cache in the first place. But just try playing a bit with your settings.

"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."

Charizard

Old October 26th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Beike
Unhatched Egg

Afraid the suggestions didn't solve my problem. Ignore Material Library is set to no, I've tried reinstalling both the plugin and Google Sketchup itself, but I still get all black/white textures. I am sure these maps have textures because they show up in MKDS. Any suggestions ?
Old October 26th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Perhaps it might be because I've seen that Sketchup was changed to Trimble Sketchup. I'll see if there is a plugin for that.

Charizard

Old October 27th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Perhaps it might be because I've seen that Sketchup was changed to Trimble Sketchup. I'll see if there is a plugin for that.
Actually, it has nothing to do with the name. 'Cause I've used Trimble Sketchup (the free version) with the same plugin that you're using, and it imported all the textures into the map.

Quote:
Afraid the suggestions didn't solve my problem. Ignore Material Library is set to no, I've tried reinstalling both the plugin and Google Sketchup itself, but I still get all black/white textures. I am sure these maps have textures because they show up in MKDS. Any suggestions ?
The reason why your map doesn't have any textures showing up in it... is quite simple: You didn't export the NSBMD with the textures. The only way to do so is by using SDSME and under "3D Model", click on "Export with Textures". Then you'll be able to export the NSBMD with the textures, then open it up in MKDS Course Modifier and export as .obj.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old November 7th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Beike
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Actually, it has nothing to do with the name. 'Cause I've used Trimble Sketchup (the free version) with the same plugin that you're using, and it imported all the textures into the map.

The reason why your map doesn't have any textures showing up in it... is quite simple: You didn't export the NSBMD with the textures. The only way to do so is by using SDSME and under "3D Model", click on "Export with Textures". Then you'll be able to export the NSBMD with the textures, then open it up in MKDS Course Modifier and export as .obj.
Sadly, it's not that simple. I double-checked it by exporting it again using that option, and on top of that, the textures show up in MKDS Converter, so I am sure they are there. It's not the game either, since I tried DPP maps as well, and they won't open with textures either :(

Edit: It doesn't seem to be Sketchup? Textures won't open in Blender either...

Edit2: Not my computer's fault, doesn't work on other computers either. I've tried about everything I could think of, so I'm pretty much stuck... I'm still getting the models all white (and squarey) and the ground all grey. Anyone willing to upload a correctly textured HGSS map (or DPP if you want to) to see if I can open that?

Would anyone be able to help me?

Last edited by giradialkia; November 8th, 2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Sorry, no double posts- you'll just have to be patient.
Old November 11th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Quote:
Sadly, it's not that simple. I double-checked it by exporting it again using that option, and on top of that, the textures show up in MKDS Converter, so I am sure they are there. It's not the game either, since I tried DPP maps as well, and they won't open with textures either :(

Edit: It doesn't seem to be Sketchup? Textures won't open in Blender either...

Edit2: Not my computer's fault, doesn't work on other computers either. I've tried about everything I could think of, so I'm pretty much stuck... I'm still getting the models all white (and squarey) and the ground all grey. Anyone willing to upload a correctly textured HGSS map (or DPP if you want to) to see if I can open that?

Would anyone be able to help me?
Are you sure you're exporting your map with textures?

Charizard

Old November 12th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Beike
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Are you sure you're exporting your map with textures?
The textures show up in both SDSME and MKDS Converter, so yeah, I think I can say I'm sure enough. I'm thinking it has to do something with MKDS Converter, but I've got no clue what I would be looking for.

Edit: Just read Spiky got an OBJ converter working. I guess I'll wait for that and try out whether that does work.

Last edited by Beike; November 16th, 2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old November 17th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Quote:
The textures show up in both SDSME and MKDS Converter, so yeah, I think I can say I'm sure enough. I'm thinking it has to do something with MKDS Converter, but I've got no clue what I would be looking for.

Edit: Just read Spiky got an OBJ converter working. I guess I'll wait for that and try out whether that does work.
Well, when I get a copy of the program that exports .obj, I'll be sure to update the tutorial.

Charizard

Old November 24th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Beike
Unhatched Egg

So, I downloaded the new version of Spiky's DS Map Editor and tried opening a directly exported OBJ in Sketchup and Blender...still doesn't work. I'll post a link to a picture of what I'm getting, if that's OK. I think it's something trivial, but who knows...
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1268/sketchupissue.png
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

I've updated the tutorial to SDSME 1.5.0, so be sure to check out the revised portion for exporting maps!
Quote:
So, I downloaded the new version of Spiky's DS Map Editor and tried opening a directly exported OBJ in Sketchup and Blender...still doesn't work. I'll post a link to a picture of what I'm getting, if that's OK. I think it's something trivial, but who knows...
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1268/sketchupissue.png
Unless your textures aren't exporting correctly, I don't know what could cause it. Are there textures in the same folder as the model?

Charizard

Old November 30th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

I've added a link to an Italian translation, and I've also found a third plugin for a 3D modelling program called "Softimage3D". I'm not documenting how it's used, as I'm not downloading a third program to add to the tutorial, but if someone wants to, provide me instructions for it and I'll add it later on when I include model importing.

Charizard

Old December 2nd, 2012, 06:10 AM
TheWaffleKiing
Pokemon Lets Player :)

Send a message via Skype™ to TheWaffleKiing
is this really hard cause i wnana get into making my own hack for a game
Old December 15th, 2012, 09:10 PM
andibad
Unhatched Egg

thank you teamfail, you always give good tutorial (and also for all was researching this part) . well is seems work for me (yeah is need SDK)....

for now i not focused in this part so i can't help :/, i focused on my course XD
but is seems awesome i will try it later :3

and on 3ds max 7 , the plugin is seems working ....

if i have a lot time, i try update my youtube channel again XD,and maybe try map hacking (is seems interesting). i have all for this so no need searching again XP
Old December 15th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Thanks. I'm currently working on importing models. I'm getting close, but I'm not getting the textures to display properly. It's kinda getting to me.

Charizard

Old December 26th, 2012, 04:48 AM
SolusX
Poké Hacker Noob

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to SolusX
Is the importing section near completion? I'm having a bit of trouble.
I'm not sure what specific question to ask, but I'm having problems with the end result. When I create the final .nsbmd it seems to be a little bit off of where it should be axiswise and the tilesets don't appear like they once did on that particular edit

Some notes on it:
When I run NNS_Batch_Export_Maya70 it produced an error stating: "Error: n3be file is not specified." However I do see "NINTENDO NITRO system" in Maya and can export as .imd with it. Occasionally it gives a file length error as well.
I'm using Maya 7.0.1 for the conversion from .obj to .imd
I'm not moving any maps when loaded in Google Sketchup or Maya (as an attempt to keep it aligned within the axis)
Altered previews tiles (Tileset 2 normally displayed the town fine; now it shows flower bushes on the preview and a glitchy floor)
There is a black floor when the ROM is loaded, movement permissions not aligned with the map (or so it'd seem since I cannot approach the water in New Bark Town, as if there was a 4x4 obstacle)

edit: I apologize if I am asking in the wrong place.

Last edited by SolusX; December 26th, 2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old December 26th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolusX View Post
Is the importing section near completion? I'm having a bit of trouble.
I'm not sure what specific question to ask, but I'm having problems with the end result. When I create the final .nsbmd it seems to be a little bit off of where it should be axiswise and the tilesets don't appear like they once did on that particular edit

Some notes on it:
When I run NNS_Batch_Export_Maya70 it produced an error stating: "Error: n3be file is not specified." However I do see "NINTENDO NITRO system" in Maya and can export as .imd with it. Occasionally it gives a file length error as well.
I'm using Maya 7.0.1 for the conversion from .obj to .imd
I'm not moving any maps when loaded in Google Sketchup or Maya (as an attempt to keep it aligned within the axis)
Altered previews tiles (Tileset 2 normally displayed the town fine; now it shows flower bushes on the preview and a glitchy floor)
There is a black floor when the ROM is loaded, movement permissions not aligned with the map (or so it'd seem since I cannot approach the water in New Bark Town, as if there was a 4x4 obstacle)

edit: I apologize if I am asking in the wrong place.
I'm still working on it, as I've gotten the model to import, but it's textureless. I've been told why, so I still have to check it out and investigate. As well, I'm not using 7.0 myself, so I'm not sure what the errors are about. As for the off-centeredness, I'll have to see what could be causing that, and movement permissions would have to be modified to cause that, so check your movement permissions.

Charizard

Old December 26th, 2012, 05:56 AM
SolusX
Poké Hacker Noob

Quote:
I'm still working on it, as I've gotten the model to import, but it's textureless. I've been told why, so I still have to check it out and investigate. As well, I'm not using 7.0 myself, so I'm not sure what the errors are about. As for the off-centeredness, I'll have to see what could be causing that, and movement permissions would have to be modified to cause that, so check your movement permissions.
I've managed to get it back to the center. I just have the same problem that you're having so I'll wait on your expertise to solve it while tinkering with the programs myself. It was merely my fault. I wasn't positioning map correctly.

Last edited by SolusX; December 28th, 2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old December 27th, 2012, 01:40 PM
gatarda
Half-PokéGod

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to gatarda
Maybe, Spiky-Eared Pichu/Markitus95 will make an OBJ to NSBMD tool soon, so we don't have to pay for something anymore!
Old December 28th, 2012, 02:34 AM
SolusX
Poké Hacker Noob

I've been doing a lot of testing and have come up with an area to focus on fixing. What I most suspect to be the problem with this is Maya and the Nitro plugin OR G3DCVTR. Considering G3DCVTR has been in use for a long time, it could be Maya and/or the Nitro Plugin. I just obtained 3DS Max 6 and the Nitro plugin for that and will test it momentarily. I'd say if it has the same problem, there could be a bug with importing in the program.

edit: Hitting a dead end. 3DS Max 6 doesn't run on Windows 7, and it's giving me issues on an XP Virtual machine. I have no way to test it.

Last edited by SolusX; December 28th, 2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:06 AM
Trifindo
POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR

Hello I´m not very good at english but I think that this can help you.

There is a programme called SM64DSe, you can download it here: http://kuribo64.cjb.net/archive/board/thread.php?id=12
It can import .obj files in SUPER MARIO 64 DS roms and the results are really good!
You can check an old video I made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF98O...r_aI_w&index=1
Well I don´t know if it is posible to do it in a Pokemon rom. =/

Thanks a lot for the tutorial!!
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:14 AM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifindo View Post
Hello I´m not very good at english but I think that this can help you.

There is a programme called SM64DSe, you can download it here: http://kuribo64.cjb.net/archive/board/thread.php?id=12
It can import .obj files in SUPER MARIO 64 DS roms and the results are really good!
You can check an old video I made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF98O...r_aI_w&index=1
Well I don´t know if it is posible to do it in a Pokemon rom. =/

Thanks a lot for the tutorial!!
I've heard of the editor before, but I don't think the 3D Model types are the same. Since the games were developed at different times, newer filetypes have been made, so the formats would be vastly different. As well, the 3D engines in each game are vastly different, so one model probably wouldn't work on the other.

It'd be interesting to see if the creator of SM64DSe could perhaps make a model importer tool for the Pokémon DS games though.

Charizard

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links