The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 22nd, 2012, 01:00 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
I know if you visit dream world and people visit your dream home. They come visit the avenue. I know trading pokemon makes them visit too. I just dk how many at once can home. Ive had as many as 11. Not including the ones the game provides
I haven't done much trading with W2 yet, so chances are that the shop owners are simply my in-game fans (which is fine, I want those I eventually connect with to be the ones visiting my shops and increasing my popularity!). I guess I should do the one in-game trade (Gigalith in, Emolga out) once I decide which Emolga is the keeper; if the lower-leveled one, I'll still have a little work to do before siccing it on the Breeder with a Ducklett and Tranquill on Route 7! :D

This is part of why I haven't opened my trade shop yet; I might make W2 my shop locale simply because it would increase the people coming into the game and, thus, my Join Avenue. The thing that worries me eventually is whether deleting the friend data (since I'd be having to cycle some) would render the sprite no longer visiting. I'm also hoping they visit at least once a day if I don't make them residents.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 06:58 PM
Azire
Mr. Premier Ball

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I haven't done much trading with W2 yet, so chances are that the shop owners are simply my in-game fans (which is fine, I want those I eventually connect with to be the ones visiting my shops and increasing my popularity!). I guess I should do the one in-game trade (Gigalith in, Emolga out) once I decide which Emolga is the keeper; if the lower-leveled one, I'll still have a little work to do before siccing it on the Breeder with a Ducklett and Tranquill on Route 7! :D

This is part of why I haven't opened my trade shop yet; I might make W2 my shop locale simply because it would increase the people coming into the game and, thus, my Join Avenue. The thing that worries me eventually is whether deleting the friend data (since I'd be having to cycle some) would render the sprite no longer visiting. I'm also hoping they visit at least once a day if I don't make them residents.

Cyclone
I think to be on the safe side, don't make random people shop owners. You can eventually get Gym Leaders which is who I'll pick for shops and the such.
Please Leave A Review If We Trade
Trader Review Thread
Pairs: Champion Lunis
Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:12 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAzire View Post
I think to be on the safe side, don't make random people shop owners. You can eventually get Gym Leaders which is who I'll pick for shops and the such.
I dunno. If you recommend shops to Gym Leaders, you wind up getting a huge number of reputation points out of it. I'm not sure, but is there an advantage to having them as shop owners instead? I make random NPCs in-game owners, and will tend to have others I meet in Wifi (and Gym Leaders) be the shoppers. So far have met one person on Wifi; not sure if that is a shop owner offhand.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:47 PM
Azire
Mr. Premier Ball

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
I dunno. If you recommend shops to Gym Leaders, you wind up getting a huge number of reputation points out of it. I'm not sure, but is there an advantage to having them as shop owners instead? I make random NPCs in-game owners, and will tend to have others I meet in Wifi (and Gym Leaders) be the shoppers. So far have met one person on Wifi; not sure if that is a shop owner offhand.

Cyclone
I'm not sure if there is an additional benefit to having the gym leaders as shop owners. I just figured with 8 different shops, 8 different shop spots to build, 8 different gym leaders the game developers want you to use them. Plus the extra popularity of course.
Please Leave A Review If We Trade
Trader Review Thread
Pairs: Champion Lunis
Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:54 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I've had 2 Gym Leaders appear in my Avenue and neither had the option to make them into Shop Owners so I don't think its possible to do anything other than Recommend them to shops and get 1000 points.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:49 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I've had 2 Gym Leaders appear in my Avenue and neither had the option to make them into Shop Owners so I don't think its possible to do anything other than Recommend them to shops and get 1000 points.
That makes sense since they can't stay to mind their shops AND manage their Gyms.

Cyclone

Old December 23rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
ThatSuperHappyCloud
Cloud

Nature: Serious
i seem to be noticing every time i do something important like get a new badge i get a new shop request

http://www.youtube.com/user/JrLxGaming?feature=mhee

signature and avatar made by me
Old December 23rd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSuperHappyCloud View Post
i seem to be noticing every time i do something important like get a new badge i get a new shop request
If this is true, it's time to take my Lv.36 voltbags to the Gym and whup a certain Skyla...

Cyclone

Old December 27th, 2012, 08:57 AM
h0tshot1025

Nature: Bashful
My Pokemon Black 2 have not been in my possession for long but I really bought it because of Join Avenue.
Dream World visitors are the usual people in my Avenue.
I get around 7 people a day at maximum.
I haven't traded with people in GTS so yeah xD

Old December 27th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I'm up to four visitors now. Starting to get bonuses of a shop owner recommending THEIR favourite shops and sending their visitors in that direction.

Cyclone

Old December 27th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
I did it through a process people call "passing the Coil". "Coil" being the Japanese name for Magnemite. Basically tons of people are constantly trading Magnemites for Magnemites over the GTS to get visitors rapidly. I took me about 175 recommendations to get to lv20, which only took a couple hours spanned through a few days to get.
Tried using this the past couple of days and it's boosted my Avenue up to at least level 10 at this point (was still at level one before I started). Unfortunately, 2 or 3 of my shop owners have names in Korean and Japanese, so it looks a little strange to see something like ブレンダン's Kitchen or Lucky ★ 브렌단.
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:05 AM
goldenyellowcrystal
A Black Crystal of Mystery

Nature: Relaxed
My title is Amarillo, and my Avenue (Black Pass) is at Rank 14.

...But what's the difference of having online trainers as shop owners? (Maybe 'cuz I don't really communicate often)
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Starry Windy
Show your Victory!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
If you have online trainers as shop owners, you'll get to see the latest activities of that shop owner (like when he/she becomes the champion, what Pokemon he/she just caught) every time you online (like trading or some sort, going to Dream World is counted). You could talk to one of the assistant (I think the one with black glasses) in office to check them. And some of the visitors will ask the shop which have personality which might be suited for them (the shop owners), which any shop owners (in their own game) choose their own personality by talking to NPC which not buying things and some in Join Avenue's office (you could personalize yourself this way). And online linking means more visitors too.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr

Last edited by Starry Windy; December 28th, 2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
Tried using this the past couple of days and it's boosted my Avenue up to at least level 10 at this point (was still at level one before I started). Unfortunately, 2 or 3 of my shop owners have names in Korean and Japanese, so it looks a little strange to see something like ブレンダン's Kitchen or Lucky ★ 브렌단.
ブレンダン is smiling at you!

NEway, now multiple shop owners are recommending others; I sent someone to my first one "Janus Fitness" and he sent the customer to the second, who sent the customer to the third, who tried to send the customer to another except I got the "Next time" to end it.

Four daily visitors right now, and I have an assistant who can heal Pokémon. Seems pointless since I can Fly, but ah...

Cyclone

Old December 28th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Starry Windy
Show your Victory!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Now multiple shop owners are recommending others; I sent someone to my first one "Janus Fitness" and he sent the customer to the second, who sent the customer to the third, who tried to send the customer to another except I got the "Next time" to end it.
In my case, I got even 8 Shop Owners full recommendation record! It happened once for me. However, there are some cases where Shop Owners' recommendation did not go well that it doesn't caught the visitor's interest... And sometimes, the record ends when one of the shop owners don't recommend the other.

My Avenue starts the recommendation thing when it is in Rank 15.

Last edited by Starry Windy; January 1st, 2013 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Some correction.
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Heart View Post
In my case, I got even 8 Shop Owners full recommendation record! It happened once for me. However, there are some cases where Shop Owners' recommendation did not go well that it doesn't caught the visitor's interest... And sometimes, the record ends when one of the shop owners don't recommend the other.

I think the whole recommendation thing is started when your Join Avenue is in Rank 15.
Negative on Rank 15; I got it with both my Join Avenue and a shop at Rank 2. Avenue is now a 4, and my streak cut off at three with a "next time".

Cyclone

Old December 28th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Starry Windy
Show your Victory!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Negative on Rank 15; I got it with both my Join Avenue and a shop at Rank 2. Avenue is now a 4, and my streak cut off at three with a "next time".

Cyclone

Oh... I wonder if it has to do with number of shops? My shop happens to be 8 of them when my Avenue is in Rank 15.

Last edited by Starry Windy; December 28th, 2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old December 29th, 2012, 12:53 AM
h0tshot1025

Something weird happened to my Join Avenue today.
I recommended one of the people from DW who wants to go shopping to a Mart owned by a Nurse.
Then it started. Every shop got recommended by every other shop owner, in the end, all of my shops leveled up. xD

Mart > Fitness > Lottery > Antiques > another Mart > Florist > Cafe > Barber.

All of them got around 100-275 pts. It was cool. So cool xD

Old December 29th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Arlo~
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Arlo~
My avenue is still only Lv1
I only got the game 4 days ago, though!

My current White 2 team
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:23 PM
h0tshot1025

@Arlo~ Humble beginnings. Visits in the Dream World count as visitors. I have the game for 3 weeks now and my Avenue is Level 9.

Btw, your team is cool. I am using a Crobat and a Flaafy (which evolved just recently) on my team too :DD

Old December 30th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Arlo~
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Arlo~
I love my Crobat and my Flaaffy. I got Crobat as a Zubat, intending him to only be for one gym, but he was so good in that gym, I had to keep him on my team. Now he's my main pokemon!

Forgot to go to Join Avenue yesterday, trying to coil-trade too >_<

My current White 2 team
Old December 30th, 2012, 08:20 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo~ View Post
My avenue is still only Lv1 :(
I only got the game 4 days ago, though!

My suggestion is to have one of every possible shop. No copies. That way you have more then a 90% shot of increasing popularity. Also if you can connect to people on the dream world thats a great way to get like 10+ people to visit you

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAzire View Post
I'm not sure if there is an additional benefit to having the gym leaders as shop owners. I just figured with 8 different shops, 8 different shop spots to build, 8 different gym leaders the game developers want you to use them. Plus the extra popularity of course.
Gym Leaders cant be used as shop owners. Ive looked

Last edited by AdrianD; December 30th, 2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:28 PM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I just reached rank 11 on my join avenue last night.
I'm trying to get to rank 15 as fast as I can to get the nursery.
Old December 30th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I've taken a little bit of a break from everything as I've now reached Opelucid City. I want to get the trading with Yancy unlocked, and then I can start collecting that material for the shop I hope to eventually open (for players who want them in the original B/W basically). I also figure it's time to make Keldeo take on its alternate form and start leveling it while working in Route 11 (which is slightly weaker than I'm used to). I have a lot of Pokémon to still find and Winter is almost over in-game!

Cyclone

Old January 1st, 2013, 02:31 AM
Starry Windy
Show your Victory!
Community Supporter

I've got my second Join Avenue Shop Owners' FULL RECOMMENDATION SWEEP! (ends with Nursery with 206 popularity points) That's a nice treat as my New Year Gift, and it just a matter of 255 popularity left on my Nursery shop, I'll get a new promo week (my shops are mostly at Lv. 10 now)! Oh yeah, my Join Avenue is currently in Rank 43.

Last edited by Starry Windy; January 1st, 2013 at 02:51 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here