The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 23rd, 2012, 07:30 PM
EnsaladaDeTomate
Unhatched Egg

:O nice, cant wait for alpha and try new moves, btw, r u going to put double-battles from different trainers as in Emerald? that'd be cool
Old December 23rd, 2012, 07:44 PM
metalflygon08
BIG PECKS

I'm assuming the move "Water Drain" is a water type Giga Drain?

If so, wouldn't calling it "Osmosis" make more flavor sense?

Current Fakemon Creation
Old December 23rd, 2012, 08:09 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnsaladaDeTomate View Post
:O nice, cant wait for alpha and try new moves, btw, r u going to put double-battles from different trainers as in Emerald? that'd be cool
No because that would require ASM beyond my level

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalflygon08 View Post
I'm assuming the move "Water Drain" is a water type Giga Drain?

If so, wouldn't calling it "Osmosis" make more flavor sense?
That's a good idea, I'm changing it right now and adding you to the credits.

EDIT: Here's what it looks like btw:

(and no, Pidgey will not be able to learn Osmosis)

Last edited by Chaos Rush; December 23rd, 2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 10:40 PM
metalflygon08
BIG PECKS

heh, the absorb energy spheres actually look kinda nice on that raging water backdrop.

Current Fakemon Creation
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
heh, the absorb energy spheres actually look kinda nice on that raging water backdrop.
Actually, Osmosis's animation is just a modified version of the Leech Life animation, since the Absorb animation makes the screen have a green tint :D

Also, I have run into my first glitch:

Everything looks normal, yep?

Ewwww. This is a side-effect of me using NintendoBoyDX's hack of having the R/S/E Tileset System on FireRed. What's happening is that when it loads the Pokemart function, it apparently loads the tiles in FireRed style rather than R/S/E style, which screws up the graphics because of me having the R/S/E tileset system, while the Pokemart function thinks I still have the FireRed system. Everything goes back to normal when you exit the Pokemart menu, though.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this, I will love you forever and give you three internets
Old December 24th, 2012, 08:45 AM
metalflygon08
BIG PECKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
Actually, Osmosis's animation is just a modified version of the Leech Life animation, since the Absorb animation makes the screen have a green tint :D
ah that makes sense (was thinking, if it were possible, wouldn't it look good in this example :the wave screen loads into the backdrop, and the Bubblebeam animation plays over it (only launched from the target, so it's like they are attacking you) it would look like you are absorbing the liquid from them, just have it play the healing animation at the end (those little sparkles)

Current Fakemon Creation
Old December 24th, 2012, 09:48 AM
dreamengine

Quote:
ah that makes sense (was thinking, if it were possible, wouldn't it look good in this example :the wave screen loads into the backdrop, and the Bubblebeam animation plays over it (only launched from the target, so it's like they are attacking you) it would look like you are absorbing the liquid from them, just have it play the healing animation at the end (those little sparkles)
Unfortunately that's not possible because we can't control the movement of the particles we can only take existing animated particles.

A work in progress...
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Fixed it. I fixed it in a really cheap way, but who cares lol, cause it looks totally fine in-game now XD
Old December 24th, 2012, 02:21 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
What do you mean by "in a really cheap way"?

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old December 24th, 2012, 08:33 PM
metalflygon08
BIG PECKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamengine View Post
Unfortunately that's not possible because we can't control the movement of the particles we can only take existing animated particles.
I don't think I worded it properly, but since Roost is just Featherdance animation applied to the user, then it should be possible to make it BubbleBeam, just launched from the other side (so it loads the background, then it plays the opponent launching BB animation, then the healed animation,) as it would indeed look like the water is draining from the target that way.

Current Fakemon Creation
Old December 24th, 2012, 08:55 PM
dreamengine

Quote:
I don't think I worded it properly, but since Roost is just Featherdance animation applied to the user, then it should be possible to make it BubbleBeam, just launched from the other side (so it loads the background, then it plays the opponent launching BB animation, then the healed animation,) as it would indeed look like the water is draining from the target that way.
The reason featherdance works is because it's originally a move that targets "selected target" and you're changing roost to target "user" which makes the animation "attack" you. The reason your bubblebeam idea doesn't work is because bubblebeam is a move that targets "selected target" so the bubbles go towards the opponent. However osmosis is also a move that targets "selected target" which would make the bubbles move towards the opponent instead of you. The only way I know of to change the direction of the bubbles is to change the target of the move to "user" but that would ruin the point of the move.

A work in progress...

Last edited by dreamengine; December 25th, 2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old December 25th, 2012, 12:30 PM
timson733333
Me gusta.

Nature: Quiet
Since Dragon Pulse in Gen IV/V is circular waves moving towards the opponent, I think a Psywave/Psybeam animation + the Dragon background could replicate it quite nicely.

Learning how to hex edit. I'm not advanced in any way, and rely on tools most of the time.

deviantArt | YouTube
Old December 25th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Some new screens for y'all:

An alpha release is almost ready. Currently fine-tuning things. Viridian Forest won't take me that long because I'm re-using some assets from the older version of DarkViolet.
Old December 25th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
I think there's a bit of a problem, with Kamon.
It would screw the sense in G/S/C with him stealing a pokémon if he's got a team in your hack, which is 3 years before G/S/C
Old December 25th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
I think there's a bit of a problem, with Kamon.
It would screw the sense in G/S/C with him stealing a pokémon if he's got a team in your hack, which is 3 years before G/S/C
Why don't you read the first post. I thought I established very clearly that Pokémon DarkViolet is a separate canon from the official games. I even said that it is MY Generation I.

This is my hack, and therefore I get to write a new backstory for him. I decided a long time ago that I'm going to expand on his character, since he is Giovanni's own son. Events of G/S/C/HG/SS don't matter, because this hack is not a prequel to them. Kamon will be re-appearing in this game's planned sequel, Pokémon DarkCrystal, which takes place 3 years after Pokémon DarkViolet. Pokémon DarVkiolet does NOT take place 3 years before G/S/C, it takes place in an entirely separate canon. Events of the official games don't matter, because I am ignoring them. I have my own timeline of events in all Pokémon Saga games, and I already have the entire thing planned out.

This is in the first post:
Quote:
This is my reboot of Pokémon, think of it as a new Generation I. This isn’t a Gen III hack, this isn’t a Gen IV/V wannabe hack, this is Chaos Rush’s Generation I game.
Old December 25th, 2012, 03:36 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
The PC looks nice. That PC looks nicer than the original PC from R/S/E.

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old December 26th, 2012, 04:00 PM
jofer8
Unhatched Egg

Wheres the link??? so i can download it now plssssssssssssssssssssssss.............
Old December 27th, 2012, 12:54 AM
metalflygon08
BIG PECKS

This is gonna sound like a weird Question, is there anything ingame to alert the player that Marts are in the Centers now? Is there a tutorial like how 5th gen did to let us know? or is there some sort of sign on the side of the center?

Current Fakemon Creation
Old December 27th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
This is gonna sound like a weird Question, is there anything ingame to alert the player that Marts are in the Centers now? Is there a tutorial like how 5th gen did to let us know? or is there some sort of sign on the side of the center?
Prof. Oak directly tells you to go to the Viridian Pokemon Center, and it's required to progress through the game. You get Oak's Parcel at the Viridian Pokemon Center now. I don't think it will be a problem, since all references to Poke Marts have been modified to mention that they're located inside of Pokemon Centers.
Old December 28th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Bix Nood

Quote:
Originally Posted by timson733333 View Post
Since Dragon Pulse in Gen IV/V is circular waves moving towards the opponent, I think a Psywave/Psybeam animation + the Dragon background could replicate it quite nicely.
User Doesntknowhowtoplay made it using the Hyper Voice sound waves with Meteor Mash background, looking very cool.
Old December 28th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bix Nood View Post
User Doesntknowhowtoplay made it using the Hyper Voice sound waves with Meteor Mash background, looking very cool.
I've already used Hyper Voice for a couple other moves I think, I don't too many attacks having the same animation but with backgrounds (and speaking of backgrounds, I'm not using the Meteor Mash background either, I made a custom background specifically for Dragon moves. I even edited the Outrage animation to have this background).

Alpha 1 is almost ready, but idk how long it would take. I'm fine-tuning lots of things. Here's a sneak peak at the new Pokedex listing:
Old December 28th, 2012, 01:45 PM
metalflygon08
BIG PECKS

Out of curiosity, is the dex following the new dex layout the 3D dex Pro set up? (it's by family)

Current Fakemon Creation
Old December 28th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Out of curiosity, is the dex following the new dex layout the 3D dex Pro set up? (it's by family)
No, it's a new order of 210 made by me, based on when you encounter them in the game. For instance, Pidgey is now #10 (instead of Caterpie), and Seel is #199 (because Seafoam Islands is late in the story), and Mewtwo is now #209 (for obvious reasons), and Mew is #210.
Old December 28th, 2012, 02:25 PM
metalflygon08
BIG PECKS

Looking back at the attack animations (I just love how that is finally possible)

using the slash from False Swipe would probably look more in flavor with Air Slash as opposed to Slash's slash.

Current Fakemon Creation
Old December 29th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Andre-3-

This looks awesome, keep up the good work
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links