The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology

Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

View Poll Results: Buy or download?
Buy 7 25.93%
Download 10 37.04%
Both 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

I guess both, because when I buy movies, I buy them on iTunes. But I usually end up downloading a lot more movies without paying for them than I do buy them.
Old November 27th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
I don't really buy movies often actually. If I do get one, I get the hard copy. I like having hard copies of things, and having the actual DVD means I can bring it on long bus trips for everyone to enjoy. Downside is that you can lose it, but I don't lose things often so that's not much of a problem.

paired to peeta
Old November 27th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I download a lot of movies. I don't see the point in buying something that you can have for free. However I do buy box-sets or films worth buying, ones I would be proud of having in my shelf.
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
There should be an 'Other' option on the poll.
I do not download, nor buy movies. I watch them in the cinemas or wait for them to be showed on HBO.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old December 4th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I prefer to have physical copies of things. I have terrible luck with computers and their "cloud storage" stuff, as well as downloading crap.
I know that I can re download most of the stuff I lose for free if my laptop crashes, but still, it takes time. I'd rather just pop it in and watch it NOW rather than sit there and download it. Plus, it takes up your computer's storage.
Old December 4th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I was thinking about that this morning. I had to give a presentation in my gov class and when I inserted my flash drive to the teacher's computer for the projector, I was kind of wondering if anyone saw and what they thought about me having a little movie collection on the flash, lol.

I'm all for it. I do preach 'oh I only download movies I've paid to see in theater or bought the DVD of,' to cool some people's jets, but admittedly I do download movies I've never paid for. Who's to say I won't enjoy it and buy the DVD later, though?
Old December 4th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Draegast
Unhatched Egg

download then if deemed worthy I'll buy it usually for extrended scenes cut scenes ect
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:20 PM
inspirASIAN
VOICES in the air

I usually stream whether it's free or not. Websites that stream movies legally is fine with me but most of the time they aren't available in Asia so I'm left with no choice but to go for the free sites. As for downloads, I don't download movies immediately. I have to watch it first and see if it's worth buying for a re-watch though, and if it is indeed worth something then I'd buy a digital copy that can be downloaded at any given time.

It's very similar to music. If I ended up liking a particular song that I've heard on Youtube, then I'll immediately purchase a digital copy off from iTunes.

Using an old stock signature because of my inc mplete inspirasian.
Old January 1st, 2013, 11:22 PM
Starry Windy
Ride the currents with us.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I think I'll do both, since it depends on my own decision to buy or to download. Although currently I'm focusing more on buying.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:52 PM
stiles
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Adamant
I love that we have stuff like netflix and hulu these days because it's a cheap way to get movies without pirating it. I would never go out of my way to buy a single movie, especially with how much they cost. I would only do that with a particular movie if I REALLY like it and even then I'm not sure.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links