The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Announcements

Notices

Community Announcements Sometimes interesting things happen... it'd be a shame for you to miss them. Check here for new events and changes big and small around the community.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 30th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I accidentally clicked the like button for my own post yesterday. It unliked, but I think it did it automatically instead of me trying to do it. I spent 10 minutes trying to unlike it and realised that it had been unliked 9 minutes ago...
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:10 AM
AwesomeAsCrawdaunt
Shizariger on EGC

Did you just not want to make a full up/down reputation feature? Or do you question your users' maturity?

Solstice is back. So why should you care? Because if you join it and set "Shizariger" as your Referrer, you will get my eternal love.
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:06 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Been there, done that. This was a feature a while ago but was taken off because it was misused and user's kept spamming the like/dislike...you get where I'm going with this.
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:37 AM
AwesomeAsCrawdaunt
Shizariger on EGC

I wonder why that was?

Maybe because you welcome immature crybaby kids among your ranks. Get the administrators and tell them to do the right thing.

Solstice is back. So why should you care? Because if you join it and set "Shizariger" as your Referrer, you will get my eternal love.
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:47 AM
shenanigans
Staff Admin

And what would the 'right thing' be? We don't have downvotes because downvotes are pointless and demeaning. If you dislike someone's post then you can keep that to yourself rather than making the person feel bad about it.
[07/08/2014 15:43:15] ‎keiran: my name is YAMI YUGI and i was a card-playing pharoah in my past life *summons blue-eyes white privilege*
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:52 AM
AwesomeAsCrawdaunt
Shizariger on EGC

See, this is what I've been talking about.

If someone is a bad poster, it should be that they are made to feel bad. But you? You think such an action would be "demeaning". Thus, they never get better because they've never been corrected over it. The forum is worse as a result.

Old December 1st, 2012, 04:58 AM
curiousnathan
a hero can be afraid, too

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeAsCrawdaunt View Post
See, this is what I've been talking about.

If someone is a bad poster, it should be that they are made to feel bad. But you? You think such an action would be "demeaning". Thus, they never get better because they've never been corrected over it. The forum is worse as a result.
No, just no.

If someone is a bad poster -- ie, spam -- then they're dealt with accordingly. Being a bad poster or a good poster is subjective, it's up to each individual who reads the post to decide for him or herself whether the post is 'good' or not. Also, one can improve their post quality through constructive criticism and polite suggestions made by others, not through harsh judgements and evaluations forced onto them.
Old December 1st, 2012, 06:00 AM
AwesomeAsCrawdaunt
Shizariger on EGC

>implying that a downvote is a harsh judgment

Old December 1st, 2012, 06:42 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Quote:
>implying that a downvote is a harsh judgment
Just give up on the argument. You're not gonna win so don't waste your time trying. It won't come back.
Old December 1st, 2012, 07:01 AM
AwesomeAsCrawdaunt
Shizariger on EGC

Okay. But don't switch back when you find yourself overrun by the kiddies.

Old December 1st, 2012, 07:04 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Quote:
Okay. But don't switch back when you find yourself overrun by the kiddies.
The staff are perfectly capable, they've been doing this for a long time and they know what they're doing.
Old December 9th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Correspondence

Aren't we supposed to get a notification when someone likes our post?I've got a few likes in my posts but no notification for it.
Old December 9th, 2012, 09:39 AM
shenanigans
Staff Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
Aren't we supposed to get a notification when someone likes our post?I've got a few likes in my posts but no notification for it.
No, you're not. But if you go into your UserCP on certain styles (iirc, any style but vB Default; it's working fine for me on Dawn of Champions) and scroll down to below the post comments, you can see a summary of your liked posts.
Old December 9th, 2012, 09:43 AM
FiyahKitteh
Bubbly Fiyah kitteh

Nature: Quiet
Hey, I personally DIG the like FUNction! I am a thanks-distributor and usually hand out tons of those things, so...thanks for adding it! It's been working dandy so far. =D
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
I checked the styles and listed the ones that still await implementation of this feature last time I checked.
And, I thought I'd post it here so that people will know; perhaps it might prove useful.

Modular [Prerelease] (Default, Black 2)
Pichu2
Sweet Kisses
Generation InVerse
Snivy's Holiday
New Directions
Simple

Also, vBulletin Default does have the Like button, but its Post Comment button is still shown as a scale (for rep) beside the offline/online status icon and the Report button, instead of the Furret with the speech bubble as seen in most styles. Anyway, if a specific style isn't in that list above, I can confirm that that specific style shows the two Furret buttons, at least for me (or my browser, which is Chrome by the way).

Again, thanks for the cool feature, guys! :D
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:41 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I still can't see the like button, but like Cid said, I'm using Pichu2, so that's why it's not showing up.
I'll wait, I'm not changing styles.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2

Last edited by skyluigi2; December 19th, 2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Not sure if this is a known issue, but the Like Button isn't working (for me at least) in Delibird's Delivery.
Fairy
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Modest
The like button doesn't show up in the Modular style for me anymore. It used to, and still does on other styles.
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
Not sure if this is a known issue, but the Like Button isn't working (for me at least) in Delibird's Delivery.
Now this is the exact same issue I'm having. Nonetheless, the Like button's script won't even function when clicked. It seems to be a forum style issue with Delibird's Delivery.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:49 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
I'm going to expand upon/edit this post later, but I just wanted to say that this is probably one of the best recent PokeCommunity updates, IMO. :D

...Although I somehow got a strange "Like" on a post - the "Like" dates back to 'January 1st, 1970 12:00 AM'; I'm assuming that's a glitch of some sort? OR MAYBE THE ADVENT OF TIME TRAVEL; OMG GUYS!!!
Old February 12th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenyx4 View Post
I'm going to expand upon/edit this post later, but I just wanted to say that this is probably one of the best recent PokeCommunity updates, IMO. :D

...Although I somehow got a strange "Like" on a post - the "Like" dates back to 'January 1st, 1970 12:00 AM'; I'm assuming that's a glitch of some sort? OR MAYBE THE ADVENT OF TIME TRAVEL; OMG GUYS!!! :S
At the beginning of the like system, before the part in the UCP was implemented, the likes didn't have the time recorded. So all likes that were given before the UCP part came into being have that date.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old February 13th, 2013, 09:46 AM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
No, just no.

If someone is a bad poster -- ie, spam -- then they're dealt with accordingly. Being a bad poster or a good poster is subjective, it's up to each individual who reads the post to decide for him or herself whether the post is 'good' or not. Also, one can improve their post quality through constructive criticism and polite suggestions made by others, not through harsh judgements and evaluations forced onto them.
i realize this post is 2 months old, but people don't need a dislike button to make someone feel bad, they could just like a post that says something critical about the last post. i see it quite a lot around the forums.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 13th, 2013, 09:51 AM
shenanigans
Staff Admin

If you see that sort of thing and feel like it's making people feel bad for the sake of it rather than being constructive, you could always report it. The last thing we want to do is give people a way to make others feel bad about their posts.
[07/08/2014 15:43:15] ‎keiran: my name is YAMI YUGI and i was a card-playing pharoah in my past life *summons blue-eyes white privilege*
Old February 15th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Alright, not sure if I should start a new thread for this in Questions or Feedback or stick it here, but I guess its relevant to the Like system so I'll post it here.
Anyways, I found this in the Post a Thon challenge in Pokemon Clubs, and its happened to me a few times as well.
Spoiler:

In addition to this, when I like a post, sometimes I find that I'm no longer able to see who else liked the post. Instead, it will redirect me to the top of the page for some reason. Just thought it should be made known, thanks.
~Cosmo
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old February 19th, 2013, 05:32 PM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
Alright, not sure if I should start a new thread for this in Questions or Feedback or stick it here, but I guess its relevant to the Like system so I'll post it here.
Anyways, I found this in the Post a Thon challenge in Pokemon Clubs, and its happened to me a few times as well.
Spoiler:
In addition to this, when I like a post, sometimes I find that I'm no longer able to see who else liked the post. Instead, it will redirect me to the top of the page for some reason. Just thought it should be made known, thanks.
~Cosmo
I've had the same problem before with the likes not showing up. Usually when I refresh it fixes the problem, but I'll bring it up with hstaff.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links