The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old December 26th, 2012, 04:31 PM
DelightedTurk
Hipsterest Hypno in the land

Nature: Calm
I always repeatedly mash the A button when trying to catch a Pokémon.

And when I first got Diamond, I would always use my stylus to trace the outline of the Pokéball on the bottom screen while my move was being performed.
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
In my theory, its holding the A button for catching, avoid pressing the B button as it gives bad luck. For the new DS games, I use my stylus and touch the Pokemball thats on the 2nd screen.

This image will tell you what I meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
And a weird one, everytime I save in my HG, I always put my Pokemon on the right of me in the game before saving xD
I also do this too, and in my Yellow game.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old December 27th, 2012, 07:55 AM
PikachuAddict
Mime Jr.

Nature: Naughty
I have a habit of either holding down the A button or touching the middle of the Pokéball when I'm trying to catch Pokémon.
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:42 AM
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet
-I generally try to save in cities or towns that I like and usually with a lot to do, at least after I've finished the game (Celadon City or Four Island in Kanto, Goldenrod City in Johto, Lilycove or Slateport City in Hoenn, The Under in Colosseum, Realgam Tower or Gateon Port in XD, Veilstone or Hearthome City in Sinnoh, and Castelia City in Unova).
-I never press any buttons when capturing Pokemon.
-I try to keep the Pokemon in my Boxes in a non-regimented order (i.e. I leave open spaces and deliberately diversify them by type and level).
-I usually nickname about a quarter to a third of my Pokemon. However, in Black I've made a point to name every single one (after the first hundred or so, the names get really contrived), and I've nicknamed about half in White 2.
-Within each game, I either choose all-caps or "regular" capitalization and use that kind of capitalization for all of the nicknames I give (so if I named my Zubat "Batty" and my Rattata "Ratty", I would either have it be "Batty" and "Ratty" or "BATTY" and "RATTY").
-I try to always keep a Pokemon in the Day Care so I don't feel like my steps are wasted.
-I never give Pokemon Berries as held items (or anything else that's single-use).
-I never use my real name for my trainer, my rival, or any of my Pokemon.
-I heal overzealously, generally whenever even one of my Pokemon has taken more than a third of its HP in damage, has any status condition, or has used more than 5 PP of at least one move (unless I'm navigating a route for the first time, fighting a Gym, or doing anything else such that healing would be inconvenient).
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:48 AM
h0tshot1025

Nature: Bashful
I always stock Pokeballs and buy them in 10s
I buy items in 10s xD
I button mash when I catch Pokemons. That's just some of my habits xD

Old December 28th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

Repeatedly mashing A and/or B during speech then once of the conversation ends, wondering what I'm meant to do next.
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:47 PM
scprepschool

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tshot1025 View Post
I always stock Pokeballs and buy them in 10s
I buy items in 10s xD
I button mash when I catch Pokemons. That's just some of my habits xD
If you buy your poke balls in 20s instead you get a free premier ball every time
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Rissa_Napier23
The Lass Class Trainer

Nature: Quiet
~I always save inside of buildings. I'd hate for my character to be left outside in the cold!

~I always hold my breath when I catch Pokemon. And I swear when they don't stay caught.

~When I lose to an NPC trainer, I have a bad habit of ragequitting.

~I always alphabetize everything that I can in my bag. (The TM and Berry pockets drive me insane. ;~

~I also seperate my pokemon by type, and organize them in the type boxes by level.

~I always nickname my permanent teams, and the names are always something /really/ predictable, say Blaze for Arcanine or something. (I recall naming a Groudon fireman one time. I don't even know why. o_o)

~before I reach the first gym, no matter what game, all of my pokemon have to be at least level 15 or higher.

~Also, when I was much younger I'd feel terrible about catching legendaries. As soon as I caught them for Pokedex info, I'd release them right away. (Especially considering I also felt like I lost battles a lot more when I had them in my PC. superstitious, much?)

~Oh, and I always have to have a Persian on my team. They give me Giovanni feels. ;~;

And you guys should check out my Journey fic, Long Road to Ruin!
Old December 29th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Arlo~
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Arlo~
I always press left and B when catching a pokemon, or the same when I don't want its health to fully deplete so I can catch him.

My current White 2 team
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:09 AM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
on DS when battling I tend to touch the screen when the attack comes, makes me feel like I had an effect xD

I tend to repeatedly tap the screen when catching a pokemon and nearly breaking it when it fails xD

I nickname all my Pokemon, if I accidently don't it's straight to the Name Rater xD

and like a million other weird habits xD
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:21 AM
BanditThePikachu
The Raichu of awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to BanditThePikachu
- EVERYTIME I heal and buy items, I save the game.
- I feel like pressing A during a battle visual speeds it up. xD
That's really it.
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:40 AM
venusaurleader
Unhatched Egg

I usually almost always have to say the game after I heal up pokemon and I am waiting out in front of the Pokemon Center, I always rapidly press the A button when catching a pokemon and when reading through dialouge, I also can not buy like 13 or 16 etc items it has to be 5, 10, 15, 20 etc.
Old January 1st, 2013, 08:57 PM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Nature: Relaxed
For some reason I hold B when the Pokeball opens until it closes, and press B every time the ball shakes. Ahahaha. Within the game I try my best for Crobat asap, although Espeon and Umbreon are my favourites, I adore Crobat.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:32 AM
Rewy
untitled follower

Habits eh?
  • Tapping A repeatedly (and unconsciously almost) while the pokeball shakes.
  • Naming my pokemon after Gundams.... (I don't even know why!)
  • On my main games, which I hoard the National dex completions, the pokemon need to be in numerical order in the boxes and the boxes named with the last pokedex number of the pokemon that's in there.
  • Catch all formes and they too have their own box. (Oh god all of the Unown..., but I did it...)
  • Unowns have their own box.
  • Event pokemon have their own box - They are excluded with empty spaces in the normal pokemon boxes.
  • Buy antidotes and such always in stack of 5.
  • I rarely buy pokeballs themselves, but Dusk and Quick Balls, always must buy 20 and 10 at a time.
  • Save always before gym leader / E4 / stationary legendary...

These apply only when playing first time...
  • Read up on what pokemon are on the next routes. And Memorize them.
  • Read all of the dialogue.
  • Plan entire team and movesets.
  • Hoard items and use all the vitamin like things just before E4, including rare candies to get everyone to an even level.

★shiny Litleo - found on Route 22 ( named Rira in katakana )
★shiny Gulpin - found on Route 5 (horde) ( basic JP pokemon name )
★shiny Wingull - found on Route 8 (horde) (named Peeko-chan in katakana)
★shiny Furfrou - hunting ~12100+/??? eggs (masuda method) I gave up... will trade shine 4 shiny... please?
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:06 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I randomy mash down the B button during a Pokeball throw if the first one didn't capture.

I always choose the female playable trainer and she is either named "Lisa" or "Ashley."

I always train one cat Pokemon as part of my in-game team. Said cat Pokemon is always female.

I nickname my main party Pokemon. And to tie my last two points together my cat Pokemon usually gets whatever name of "Ashley" or "Lisa" I didn't choose for my trainer.

I like to battle major bosses being at least 5 levels ahead of them.

I tend to empty my cash reserves before facing certain trainers and then don't spend anything at all for long stretches at a time. When I shop I like to have the total quantity of items I have to be a multiple of 5.

Remmeber my mandatory cat Pokemon? Once I get the Amulet Coin my cat Pokemon is the one who holds it (probably a holdover from Meowth/Persian learning Pay Day).

I save certain trainers in a given route until last and go after certain others first.

Unless I'm really tired I like to make it into a town and its Pokemon Center before saving and stopping the game especially if I'm retiring for the night.

I save constantly.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:22 AM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
- I always try to keep the items in my bag well organized(health increasing items, then the different type revives, healing items, etc)

- For some reason, the amount I buy at a time seems to vary by a ratio(ex: I like to have a certain amount of revives in comparison to potions and usually never let the former catch up/even come close to the latter) and I honestly don't know why. I think it has something to do with how much I use each compared to the other.

- I almost always try to have a full team earlier on(I'm not a fan of being too overleveled when I could have had multiples on my team just as good), especially if I know I have access to the Poke(s) I want in my team. Sometimes that even results me looking for that Poke for some time before I move further in the game if it's one of those with a low appearance rate.

- In relation to that last one, I always try to keep my whole team at the same level, if possible.

- When I go into a gym or other place of specific types, I save the Pokes who are strong against the area for last(ex: If I go into an electric gym, I'll use my other Pokes, even ones who are weak against the type first). I think I've made that a habit to be best prepared for the 'boss'.

- Each box is dedicated to a certain type(if it has two types I move it to the box type that has less pokemon at the time) with the legendaries getting their own box

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:29 AM
Gideon Jeremiah
The giving Pokèmon breeder

Nature: Docile
I have cheesy lines I occasionally say out loud, whenever a certain Pokèmon of mine uses a certain move.

I raise all of my Pokèmon to the exact level before proceeding, & always within 2 levels of each-other at most.

I name my boxes of 1-30, 31-60, etc...
And whenever I catch an extra Pokèmon, I get to the nearest Pokècenter & put it into its appropriate box.

Lastly, whenever I save, I have to be in the very center of the floorboard Pokèball within modern Pokècenters.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:01 PM
katiekun11
I ♥ Ghost & Ice Type Pokemon!

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to katiekun11 Send a message via Skype™ to katiekun11
- Get starter to level 10 before reaching the first town (before I reach Viridian & get the package from the mart, for example, or before I reach Cherrygrove City)
- Make sure all Pokemon I catch in a new region are evaluated for their usefullness to my team, if they are good for my team line up, then I will keep them & train them to the same level as all my other Pokemon before I move onto the next area
- Catch ALL the pokemon in one area before moving to the next
- After I've caught every Pokemon, Have my boxes organized by generation then type. So, like, box 1 will be fire type, & all my fire-type pokemon will be organized in THAT box in order of generation.
- Make sure all Pokemon are equal levels before moving onto another area!
- After a while I always dump the starter in a box in the PC in order to create a team full of dual-types, in order to get rid of as many 'weak spots' in the team as I can.

Yes I'm obsessive.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links