The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 27th, 2012, 06:07 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
Thank you! She sure does! There's just something about yellow shinies I like. I don't even mean to collect so many but I guess I may as well make it a thing now, especially since I'm hunting Shinx on Platinum soon

A lot of Treekos being hunted for around here! Good luck finding those blue and red geckos, and any other hunts taking place. I'm in the process of hatching my stockpile of 330 Snover eggs, which brings the total number of eggs to 530! MMing is fun and frustrating all at once, that's only (roughly) half the odds and I already feel like it's taken forever!
I know what you mean with the yellow shinies - those and blue and black ones look really cool to me!
Good luck to you too - hopefully Snover won't be much later for the holidays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
I do have a question for you guys, though.
Should I try to SR for a shiny Lugia, once I can get to it? It would be my very first shiny legendary, which is nice. But should I skip out and go for one of the bird trio instead? I think I'm going to go browse the shiny versions of the legendaries to help decide.
Personally I'd go for Lugia - all the birds are awesome, but Lugia's quite a lot more different between its normal and shiny forms than most of the birds. Plus, you can go after the birds after Lugia, but can't go the other way round!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Welcome to the club, grassbunny! Congrats on the shiny Metapod!

I MMed some Litwicks on White on the 24th for my birthday, but no luck.
What is your Litwick hunt up to now..? It's such a shame it couldn't arrive for your birthday! Good luck next time you pick it up! D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatIceman View Post
hi every one i just wanted to say that i caught a shiny ponchyna :D i am so happy
Congrats! :D

Good luck also everyone else on their hunts! We need more shinies! xD
And merry late Christmas to all; I hope everyone got what they wished for and spent plenty of time with family and friends!

Personally, I received a slightly late Christmas gift today, thanks to my apparently lucky Leafgreen (Which got Articuno at just over 3k and now this...):

Spoiler:

Took me only 1326 SRs - I do have my now 16k+ Treecko hunt, my 1300+ Dialga and my 7k+ Kyurem hunts ongoing too... so goodness knows why I got the lowest numbered shiny, but it's okay with me! Lol!
I got caught so off guard with this. I used 50+ balls, but it ended up going in a Masterball, unfortunately. The whole time I was fighting it I wasn't sure if it was shiny! Lol :D

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old December 27th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Wandering~Leaf
-Mordor and Eldar Supporter :3

Nature: Modest
Hiya! I'm Leaf, and I've recently gotten into hunting shinies. Except, I don't exactly own any shinies... XD

So...I was hoping I could join. XD I'm currently trying to get a shiny Dusclops.

"Now the Elves made many rings; but secretly Sauron made One Ring to rule all the others, and their power was bound up with it, to be subject wholly to it and to last only so long as it too should last."
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:15 PM
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to miloticfan54
Well, apparently... since I'm abroad right now... I've been IV breeding, but I recently decided to try hunting for a second REd shiny... Well, it's gonna take a while deciding which route has shinies that are easy to differentiate from their normal ones, but currently, I'm wondering if there is a route eith Seviper that would give me luck... Anyways, a late Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to y'all... Happy hunting!

Congrats to all the recent shiny catches, especially SRed ones!
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:19 PM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Nature: Naive
I'm back after a long time of absence. I had given up on shiny hunting for a while, but I'm going to get back into it. Still after a shiny in Viridian Forest, but I don't remember how many encounters I had done at that point, and I've started a new game since then, so I guess I'll just start over. Here's hoping I get my shiny Beedrill. (Though Caterpie would be good too)
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Wandering~Leaf

Well, I gave up on Dusclops, and tried getting shiny Eevee from Bebe - AND I GOT IT!!! I'm sooo happy! :D :D :D
This is my first shiny to ever get intentionally! And it only took me 6 hours straight of soft resetting, LOL. But it was worth it. Shiny Vaporeon, here I come!

Shinies caught so far:
-(Eevee, soon to be Vaporeon)-
Shinies I'm currently hunting:

"Now the Elves made many rings; but secretly Sauron made One Ring to rule all the others, and their power was bound up with it, to be subject wholly to it and to last only so long as it too should last."
Old December 29th, 2012, 04:40 AM
ThatIceman
Togepi

Check my signature for my shinys
Old December 29th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Arlo~
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Arlo~
Hi! I'm Arlo.
I love shinies, but only caught two. The Red Gyarados everyone has, and a Shiny Raticate.

I want a Shiny Vaporeon, Snivy and Joltik, though!

My current White 2 team
Old December 29th, 2012, 08:17 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
@Wandering~leaf
That's a great idea. I've wanted a shiny Eevee for a while, but the eggs just take too long to hatch. I'm going to try that out. (:

~
My current hunts are on hold. I just found out that the Treecko could show up shiny while hatching but still be normal afterward. T: I'm also not quite as excited to hunt, now that I literally have every shiny Pokemon from Gen III-I along with quite a few from Gen IV.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old December 29th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Wandering~Leaf

@IceMan: Wow, a shiny Miltank? I've been trying to get my hands on one of those, but they're so rare...did you use the Masuda Method?

@Arlo: Welcome! And yeah, I never really considered my shiny Gyarados too special either. XD But hey, it's still fun to have around. So, you're hunting Vaporeon, same as I was? Good luck!

Hint: If you own Diamond/Pearl/or Platinum, you can soft-reset (if you don't know what soft-resetting is, it's just pressing the trigger things on the DS and the start/select buttons all at once) to get a shiny Eevee. However, it might take a while, so you may have to be patient...good luck! :D

@Slender: Yup, I got tired of having Bibarel break my chains, so I just decided to go after Eevee. XD What exactly do you mean, "still be normal afterwards"?

Old December 29th, 2012, 09:05 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
@Wandering~Leaf - Welcome to the club! Congrats on the Eevee; 6 hours?! What a nice short first hunt, lol! Good luck on Houndour!

@Peko - Welcome back to the club, long time no see eh? Good luck with that, maybe it'll be nice this time..

@Arlo - Welcome to the club! :D

@Slender - Eh? I honestly have never heard of a shiny becoming non shiny outside of colosseum/xd, where did ya hear that?

Mainly posting to say that I haven't done shiny cards in a while but I'm excited for them again! So if anyone wants one (even though I'm out of practice lol) feel free to shoot me a VM!
Oh yeah, I ordered a Soulsilver so that eventually I can SR Groudon on there, Kyogre on my HG, and then put both in one game and SR Rayquaza! Might also restart my HG and dual hunt a shiny starter.... We'll see!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; December 29th, 2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old December 29th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Wandering~Leaf

@Eevee: A Shiny card? Do you mean that box with the shinies in your signature?

Old December 29th, 2012, 09:30 PM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Somehow I had never looked up what Shiny Bulbasaur looked like. I think I'm going to start over on my leafgreen and try to get it. (I wasn't very far in my file anyways). If I somehow manage to get it within the next couple days, I'm just going to count it towards the 2013 yearly quest since it's so close. XD It's odd how in all the times I've started a new game on these games, I've never found a shiny starter. : (
Old December 29th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Wandering~Leaf

Hiya, and welcome! :D So, you're hunting shiny Bulbasaur? It's adorable in my opinion, I plan on getting it soon, once I defeat Red. XD Good luck on your hunt!

Old December 29th, 2012, 10:14 PM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering~Leaf View Post
Hiya, and welcome! :D So, you're hunting shiny Bulbasaur? It's adorable in my opinion, I plan on getting it soon, once I defeat Red. XD Good luck on your hunt!
Thanks! I currently only have LeafGreen, Ruby and Sapphire, (both with functional clocks) so my odds of finding a shiny are slimmer than most on here. Heck, I can't even speed up egg hatching since this is pre-Emerald. XD Currently only at 50 soft resets for Bulbasaur. I think I'm going to go a bit slower than I was the first time I tried shiny hunting. ;
Old December 29th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Wandering~Leaf

I don't even know how many SR's I did to get Eevee. XD Even though I have Platinum, I can't chain pokemon at all. XD I'm going to try the Masuda Method soon, though. Anyways, I hope you get Bulbasaur soon!

Note: I've disbanded my hunt for Houndour, for now (considering my chaining skills are so bad, I can't even chain Starly XD). As of now though, I am now hunting these Pokemon:

Wish me luck!

Old December 30th, 2012, 12:14 AM
danaxe
I long for kyurem powerz

Nature: Serious
I am trying to Non RNG breed shinys with masuda method.
I already have

shiny zoura
shiny zoura
shiny zoura
shiny zoura

with a japanese zoura

Good trade shops:
I loveevee's
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:42 AM
ThatIceman
Togepi

Guys check out my signature for the shiny pokemon i caught! :D i caught new ones >.< :D :D: D
Old December 30th, 2012, 10:35 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

See, from Gen III onward, Pokemon shininess is determined by your Trainer ID, a hidden ID, and the nature of the Pokemon. The Pokemon isn't set as "your" Pokemon until after you watch the hatching animation. So it could show as shiny during the animation, but afterward it becomes a normal one, once you're its trainer.

Now I need to get my national dex for that Eevee.
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Wandering~Leaf

@Iceman: How are you catching so many so fast?

@Slender: Hah, good luck. XD It might take a while until it becomes shiny...but I think you already know that. ;P

Old December 30th, 2012, 02:47 PM
ThatIceman
Togepi

Hello every one check out my new signature i made
Old December 30th, 2012, 04:59 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

I assume you're RNGing them? Because I don't think it's possible to get that many non-hacked shiny Pokemon that quickly. I've seen people who have played Pokemon since it came out and they don't have any shinies. T:

Haha, yeah, I know it could be a while. But I don't even have my national dex yet, so I'll do it another time. Though when SRing for a shiny starter, I did it in half of an hour once. That was pretty awesome.
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:04 PM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Bah. At 274 soft resets for Torchic I found the shiny Poochyena. I tried to take a picture, but it turned out really blurry. Oh well, it's actually encouraging knowing that I've at least seen a shiny. I killed it out of spite though. XD
Old December 30th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Welcome to the club, ThatIceman! Congrats on the shiny Poochyena!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
What is your Litwick hunt up to now..? It's such a shame it couldn't arrive for your birthday! Good luck next time you pick it up! D:
Thanks, it's at 2,873. Congrats on the shiny Zapdos!

Welcome to the club, Wandering~Leaf! Congrats on the shiny Eevee!

Welcome to the club, Arlo~ and danaxe!

@PekoponTAS You should of caught it.

This week's random hunt is... Heracross!

Good luck on everyone's hunts!
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:24 AM
ThatIceman
Togepi

Guys listen the way i get alot of shinys fast is very simple .. i already got shinys in other games i own so i trade them to only 1 game pokemon emerald oh and btw i did RNG them and i used a method it is : get 2 shinys 1 male 1 female different species and different id number but same OT and 1 Japanese [female] and other from USA or EUR [male] and make them breed on a crystal japanese version thats all oh and you must have in your team a pokemon above level 50 with flamebody and a shiny pokemon [female] in the party and put it next to that egg and thats all and wala! you get the pokemon you want and it will be shiny with a 80% chance and if you RNGed them you have a 90% chance of getting shiny

i am dieing to get a heracross i will start hunting it NOW btw i meant i am hunting it since the morning

Last edited by ThatIceman; December 31st, 2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:58 AM
Wandering~Leaf

Heracross, huh? I'm not sure I'll be able to get him...

Well, here's day two on hunting shiny Ho-oh...

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here