• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Dark Rage

What should the first release be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
CHARACTER UPDATE! :D
69768997.png

Here you go guys. You may notice I've recycled sprites from other games. Well this is because I suck at OW editing :/ lol
Anyway, I thought of ways to incorporate each into the game so people aren't thinking, "HEY! WHAT'S HE/SHE DOING IN THIS REGION?!" xD

Okay.. So..
Cynthia - After being defeated by Lucas/Dawn in the Sinnoh region Cynthia decides to make a fresh start in the Jade region! After training her new pokemon and becoming the champion of the Jade region your father beat her and due to the devastation, she stopped doing major tournament battles. She is now a mentor and will challenge your skills!

Oak and Ash - After Ash's mother came down with an illness and eventually died he was sent to live with Professor Oak. With memories of Ash's mother haunting them everytime they even looked out the window Professor Oak decided to take the job as the Professor in the Jade Region. Ash, wanting to still be the very best, goes with him and is determined to become the Regional champion in the Jade region. He will be one of your rivals throughout the game.

Barry - After revising his skills he eventually defeated Lucas/Dawn as champion and now travels the world. Simple enough :p

Brendan - He is your brother. He has been traveling the region and training for a long time now and is part of the Elite Four as the fire type trainer. Expect a challenge!

Sir Aaron - Sensing that the Silver Alliance is up to know good he comes to the region with his pokemon, Lucario and Pigeot to put an end to their misbehavior. He eventually asks for your help because he sees that you have what it takes to save the world.

Derrick - He's from the same town as you and he's your neighbor. He is your biggest rival in the game.

I just thought this stuff up. If anyone has better suggestions just let me know, but for now, I'll feel like a boss.

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
When you play the game they won't seem as random because they each have a part in the storyline xP
except Barry, who I'm considering getting rid of.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
While some of the tiles are iffy, I understand that they're just placeholders until you can get better ones.

The story was pretty good, but I couldn't help noticing this:
Your father, the regional champion, left you and your mother when you were just a small child for reasons unknown. You and your father are distant, but you understand that he had his reasons for leaving.
Haha, I would expect you and your father to be distant if he's been gone for years...

As always this hack has potential, I hope you can bring in some quality that most hacks haven't been able to do lately. Good luck!

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
While some of the tiles are iffy, I understand that they're just placeholders until you can get better ones.

The story was pretty good, but I couldn't help noticing this: Haha, I would expect you and your father to be distant if he's been gone for years...

As always this hack has potential, I hope you can bring in some quality that most hacks haven't been able to do lately. Good luck!
Thanks for the support! And trust me, this hack will be something else! I'm great with storylines and I'm an awesome scripter. Those two put together are a weapon when hacking! c; Okay, enough bragging for me! ._.
Were you referring to the lab when your said about the iffy tiles? I'm in the process of fixing that :p The problem is finding one that size or smaller due to the fact that my tileset is full! It will be replaced when I find one! No worries!

Also, what I meant in that part of the storyline is that you don't see your father much but you don't hate him. lol

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
CHARACTER UPDATE! :D
Okay.. So..
Cynthia - After being defeated by Lucas/Dawn in the Sinnoh region Cynthia decides to make a fresh start in the Jade region! After training her new pokemon and becoming the champion of the Jade region your father beat her and due to the devastation, she stopped doing major tournament battles. She is now a mentor and will challenge your skills!

Oak and Ash - After Ash's mother came down with an illness and eventually died he was sent to live with Professor Oak. With memories of Ash's mother haunting them everytime they even looked out the window Professor Oak decided to take the job as the Professor in the Jade Region. Ash, wanting to still be the very best, goes with him and is determined to become the Regional champion in the Jade region. He will be one of your rivals throughout the game.

Barry - After revising his skills he eventually defeated Lucas/Dawn as champion and now travels the world. Simple enough :p

Brendan - He is your brother. He has been traveling the region and training for a long time now and is part of the Elite Four as the fire type trainer. Expect a challenge!

Sir Aaron - Sensing that the Silver Alliance is up to know good he comes to the region with his pokemon, Lucario and Pigeot to put an end to their misbehavior. He eventually asks for your help because he sees that you have what it takes to save the world.

Derrick - He's from the same town as you and he's your neighbor. He is your biggest rival in the game.

I just thought this stuff up. If anyone has better suggestions just let me know, but for now, I'll feel like a boss.
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Hmm... as a fan of Lucario, I am glad that Sir Aaron has come to the Jade region. But that isn't sir aaron ^^ that is actually Riley from Dppt. He is a descendant of Aaron and uses Lucario too. I know this is very weird a suggestion, but why not recolor Riley to a darker version and give him a Zoroark? ^^

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
Hmm... as a fan of Lucario, I am glad that Sir Aaron has come to the Jade region. But that isn't sir aaron ^^ that is actually Riley from Dppt. He is a descendant of Aaron and uses Lucario too. I know this is very weird a suggestion, but why not recolor Riley to a darker version and give him a Zoroark? ^^
Your suggestion is quite possible! And yes, I realized he's not Sir Aaron after I posted xD I'd recolor him if I didn't suck at it :P If you want to recolor him, be my guest! I'd credit you for the sprite and idea.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
This game looks yummy! :) The name "Jade" for your region seems a bit bland. Is there a reason for Jade (sorry, I didn't have time to look through all the pages), but I think you can get a more epic name for your region!

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
This game looks yummy! :) The name "Jade" for your region seems a bit bland. Is there a reason for Jade (sorry, I didn't have time to look through all the pages), but I think you can get a more epic name for your region!
My little sister's name is Jada (Jade for short) and I love her, so I told her I'd base my game around her, literally. c;

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Your suggestion is quite possible! And yes, I realized he's not Sir Aaron after I posted xD I'd recolor him if I didn't suck at it :P If you want to recolor him, be my guest! I'd credit you for the sprite and idea.

I can do recoloring but I am lazy :(

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
I'm officially looking for a good mapper do to the fact that well.. I suck. I'm not trying to make this a team thing, so this is the only skill area I'm looking for.
The new mapper will be the Co-Owner because I understand mapping is a huge part of the project!

If you're interested just PM/VM me! :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2012
I like the fact you put have overworld sprites much like diamond and pearl. i hope your hack becomes just as interesting as progress is made to eventually make your hack downloadable :)

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
So guys.. It's going to be a slow couple of days of hacking for me.
I'm revising to the tiles to make them more orderly, shading them better, and finishing to insert the tiles up to the first city so I give the game to my new mapper c:
I'll still be working a lot on the hack, just not making progress, if that makes sense.?

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
So guys.. It's going to be a slow couple of days of hacking for me.
I'm revising to the tiles to make them more orderly, shading them better, and finishing to insert the tiles up to the first city so I give the game to my new mapper c:
I'll still be working a lot on the hack, just not making progress, if that makes sense.?

Who's the new mapper? Is he good? :3 Can I receive a copy of your newly re-mapped rom? Plzzzz ;D

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
Who's the new mapper? Is he good? :3 Can I receive a copy of your newly re-mapped rom? Plzzzz ;D
Crimson Stardust is my mapper :P
I just bought a $50, 613 page book on ASM full of stuff I could probably just learn online xD Oh well.
Psh, I'm not devoted to this or anything c;

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Crimson Stardust is my mapper :P
I just bought a $50, 613 page book on ASM full of stuff I could probably just learn online xD Oh well.
Psh, I'm not devoted to this or anything c;

ASM has many different languages, you know? I think the language for Gameboy is Z80 or something.

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
85% done inserting the first tileset cx I'll probably finish that today then hand it off to my mapper! While he does his thing I'll be reading up more on ASM :3 wootwoot

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
It's been a few days! Hi guys :3
My mapper quit, sadly, but a close friend of mine is going to take over :3 Just letting you know that I haven't quit xD
I love you all :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back