The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 26th, 2012, 10:28 AM
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn

Are you the kind of person that needs some kind of caffeine to wake up in the morning? Are you a total Krabby until you do?

I'm naturally a morning person, so I don't really need anything to help me get up. I normally wake up between 5 and 7 pretty much every day. And although I don't need it, it is a pretty bad habit to drink a morning soda when I wake up. I'm honestly more calm and amicable in the morning. Something about the world being asleep/just waking up is captivatingly mesmerizing. And I guess the lack of annoying tards because they all sleeping. :o
Old December 26th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

No, but I should be. Things like that don't affect my mood, but it keeps me up. If I don't have something to keep me awake, I go back to sleep.
Old December 26th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

I wouldn't say I need coffee to wake up, but I defiantly need it to stay up. Throughout the day my motivation to stay awake and get on with work and whatnot dwindles to the point where I'll either sit in the common room talking to people or I'll go to sleep for a bit.
If I have coffee, or some other decent caffeinated drink then I'll usually fly through whatever work I have to do and then I can crash peacefully knowing that I've gotten everything I need to do out of the way.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old December 26th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Blade_of_darkness
Corrupt Animatronic
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness
I don't really need any caffeine every morning. Rather, I need something to look forward to in order to be up & about in the morning. Saturdays aren't a problem with that - it's with every other day that it becomes an issue.

But still, I don't need caffeine, just enough sleep.

If you see one of us up close, you're already dead!
Old December 26th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Yeah I pretty much need a cup of coffee to wake up. This habit started when I was in High School and had to wake up at 5:30 AM for school and of course continues to this day. If I dont drink coffee I get an annoying headache, I kinda wish caffeine wasnt so addictive.
Old December 26th, 2012, 01:59 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Nope. I'm not a morning person; generally, I make myself wake up by listening to music.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I don't drink coffee, because my mother says it will only mess me up. Anyways, even without coffee, I'm a morning person. I like the morning. I like waking up before my family does. I like listening to the early-morning news. I love everything about mornings, but I prefer the nighttime.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old December 26th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Nope. Too much caffeine in my system causes me to have chest pains so having some right when I get up would possibly be a really bad idea for me. That said my mood depends on how well I slept, how long I slept, and what is going to happen that day and possibly anything that lingers from the day before. nothing to do with what I drink or anything.
Old December 26th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I don't necessarily need it but I really enjoy having it. If I don't have some before 5 though I get a headache and become:

PM
Old December 26th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Antemortem
stealing away sins

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Caffeine, like sweets, makes me feel sick in the morning so I avoid it as a whole. I'm typically a morning person (but if I had a terrible night of sleep, I'm probably the opposite) so it's not an issue regardless.
Old December 27th, 2012, 10:12 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I don't need caffeine to function when I get up each morning. When I wake up, I feel groggy at first, but I slowly perk up.

Old December 28th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I'm usually okay as long as I get enough sleep (which is kind of hard considering I don't really fall asleep before 12:00-3:00 and have to get up at 6:30) or take a cold shower in the morning. I feel gross for about five minutes. I don't normally eat breakfast either, because I'm not too hungry in the morning, but when I do eat, it usually helps me wake up.
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:23 PM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

I'm alright in the morning, as long as no one keeps bothering me and such. I rather be in my room minding my own stuffs until around 12pm or 1pm. I don't mind talking to people online tho ahha.

If people annoys me in the morning tho, I get kinda Krabby. So just leave me alone and we'll get along just fine
Old December 29th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I've drunk coffee once in my entire life. I'm not exactly a morning person anymore since I go to bed so late and get up so late, but I've never needed caffeine to put me in a decent mood. I've always been fine in the mornings. I don't even usually eat or drink anything until lunch time!

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old January 1st, 2013, 12:43 PM
Skylands

Nature: Calm
The thought of having caffeine early in the morning makes me nauseous. In fact, I am not too big on caffeine at all. I dislike coffee, tea, many types of soda and energy drinks. I don't mind Gatorade and Powerade though.
Old January 1st, 2013, 01:46 PM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'm so dependent on caffeine I have to drink it within a few hours of getting up or I get a bad headache. Look what I've gotten myself into. -_-; Doesn't tend to make me crabby, unless I have a headache. Just a bit tired.

It's usually soda. Sometimes an energy drink instead. Almost never coffee, because it's too bitter for me. I actually had some on Sunday, though, because I didn't want to spend my family gathering with a headache.
Old January 1st, 2013, 02:22 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I'm not a morning person as I am nocturnal and can rarely wake up, but I don't normally start the day with a cup of coffee, I just wait until I wake up xD
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:42 AM
Twilight Sky
» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪

Send a message via AIM to Twilight Sky Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight Sky
I need motivation to get up, not coffee.

Besides, even if I was a coffee person, it'd take motivation to get out of bed and make coffee in the first place. So why not skip the extra step and force myself up? XD
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:48 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
I am a morning person as well, just like the thread starter. But I drink coffee every morning because I like the taste of coffee, not because it energize my mind.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:06 AM
Sylphiel
get away, run away, fly away

Nature: Quirky
If I need caffeine in the mornings, I'll chug a soda. Or maybe make some tea. Coffee is right out because I absolutely can't stand it in more than small amounts. Too bitter.

Although usually I don't need it. I'm fairly decent at waking up enough to be able to function, given enough time. And if I can't...well, then I'm probably tired enough to where caffeine wouldn't help me at all anyway.

» Paired with Ausaudriel, yo.
» I also make pictures. Sometimes.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:09 AM
Gideon Jeremiah
The giving Pokèmon breeder

Nature: Docile
I don't really sleep much due to my severe insomnia.

When I do need to wake up, a little meditation & a nice cup of Jasmine Tea (or vanilla Early Grey) always give me the energy I need.
Meaning caffeine does help a little.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:56 AM
Axeliira
the wants what it wants

Nature: Brave
I neeeeeeeeeeeeed coffee. This is basically me:

If there isn't coffee, I'll either go to the nearest 7-Eleven to buy one (because they have better coffee than McD's tbh) or just make some tea. Both are remedies to jump start my day and won't make me feel lazy during the day.
11/21/2014 / Staff Collab 2014
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Nah, I'm not a morning person. I'm just out of it and I don't like to be asked questions in the morning. Even if I get enough sleep I'm always drowsy in the mornings. I will sometimes have a coffee but not always. I don't need it to wake up, but I do like something warm. :3
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:18 PM
Starsprite
This is how we live!

Send a message via Skype™ to Starsprite
I'm pretty okay at mornings. It's just the rest of the day that requires caffeine. I have trouble staying awake in the afternoon without the stuff. I try not to cave in too often though, and I try to keep my coffee consumption to a minimum.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:42 PM
Unforgettable
Melodies of Life

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Unforgettable Send a message via Skype™ to Unforgettable
I do enjoy a coffee occasionally in themorning but I have to have my morning Mt Dew or I'm not a happy person.

Remember the way I was, for me.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links