The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 25th, 2012, 11:23 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish

Advertise here
Do you often find yourself organizing pointless things (eg album names on iTunes, photo albums, putting your books in alphabetical order) -ec- while everything else is a mess?

Last edited by droomph; December 25th, 2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old December 25th, 2012, 11:31 PM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
I organise everything that I own haha. I love to be organised. It makes things so much easier if you're trying to find something, study, work etc. I definitely am a perfectionist and will strive to get every little detail perfect when it comes to schoolwork, games etc. Although sometimes I don't have the time or the skill to get things 100% perfect/complete, so I usually just ditch it and move on haha.
Old December 26th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I usually tend to organize everything I have equally. I don't obsess over one thing for long, tho.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old December 26th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Nearsighted king of Ice
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
I don't organize things, in fact I have one box filled with all my DS cartridges.

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old December 26th, 2012, 03:46 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
i am very lazy and i don't organize anything xD XD

Old December 26th, 2012, 09:40 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I organize things when I feel like it, but I don't do it too often.

Old December 26th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I agonize over things like usernames and stuff because I want that sort of thing to be just right. Im kind of a perfectionist, so I want everything to be right, but it often isnt, sadly.
Old December 26th, 2012, 10:05 AM
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn

Yes! I am majorly OCD in this aspect. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING has a proper place on my desk that it down to the nearest centimeter of accuracy. It keeps everything easy to find... but I like to do it more because it tends to be a somewhat lengthy, yet enjoyable process, and in the end, my masterpiece is so aesthetically pleasing that I just sit there, basking in the warmth of my own admiration.
Old December 26th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I do that all the time. Especially when I don't have anything else to do.
Old December 26th, 2012, 11:09 AM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
Aesthetics are a big deal to me. I arrange things to please the eye everywhere I go, even if things aren't mine, even if it's not a necessary thing to do. I do what I want.
Old December 26th, 2012, 11:38 AM
lucyjako
Booted out - don't be like me!

I don't have the ability to organize, even when I attempt to get organized the very next day I'm unorganized again, so what's the point, really?
Old December 26th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
Anything that I can organize by color I like to do, it's just fun haha. But for the most part everything, pointless and important, are all messy.

Old December 26th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Do you often find yourself organizing pointless things (eg album names on iTunes,
I don't quite get what you're saying here. This may just be my Monica Geller Syndrome acting up, but having a perectly organised album list on iTunes is not pointless. It is essential! It should be mandatory! If it is not organized correctly, then it looks inaccurate, messy and quite frankly, ugly! Furthermore, all the albums should have album art too! Preferably the correct album art as well, though variations are fine. Otherwise, you end up with that ugly blank space, that terrible black note, synonymous (in my mind) with disorder, laziness and imperfection! droomph, darling, nothing about organizing anything on iTunes is pointless. Let that be a lesson you pass on to your offspring or anyone you encounter in your life. Have it as your epitaph, "Organization of albums and art on iTunes is of the utmost importance to ones life." It is far from pointless, it is mandatory.

I mentioned Monica Geller Syndrome right at the beginning of that little paragraph. That fake syndrome is an accurate summary of how I treat things in my life. Things may look a bit messy in my room, but trust me, it is ordered just as I want it to be and I swear to god I will HURT YOU if you move it out of it's designated position. Sometimes my room is, as mentioned, messy, but most of the time it is perfectly ordered and precise, each little item in it's proper place, existing as it should. So no, I do not love organising 'pointless things' while everything is a mess.
I love organising everything.
Old December 26th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Gomorrah
it's the end of all things

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Gomorrah
I have to order things by color, size, and alphabetically or it's just not right. As listed in your post, books are a huge thing for me. My bookshelf has to be ordered alphabetically or it just doesn't feel right. Not being able to find a book right away is a pain as well, so that's an added benefit.
[4:32:35 AM] Shinx: my nipples are permanently erect
AMAZING DIVE CONFIRMED / AMAZING BATTLE ARENA ASSUMED
THE SPACE CENTER HAS RETURNED / EVERYTHING IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD
Old December 26th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Gideon Jeremiah
The giving Pokèmon breeder

Nature: Docile
I enjoy aesthetically appealing curved edges, as well as perpendicular straight lines.
Beyond that, I adore repetition in moving things, while despising redundancy in inanimate things.

tl;dr - I move around everything inanimate & leave animated things.

Beyond that; I have a ridiculously complicated filing system.
It applies to everything ranging from colored pencils, to books on Communism, to books, to books about other books, to manga, etc...
Old December 26th, 2012, 07:42 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
I don't quite get what you're saying here. This may just be my Monica Geller Syndrome acting up, but having a perectly organised album list on iTunes is not pointless. It is essential! It should be mandatory! If it is not organized correctly, then it looks inaccurate, messy and quite frankly, ugly! Furthermore, all the albums should have album art too! Preferably the correct album art as well, though variations are fine. Otherwise, you end up with that ugly blank space, that terrible black note, synonymous (in my mind) with disorder, laziness and imperfection! droomph, darling, nothing about organizing anything on iTunes is pointless. Let that be a lesson you pass on to your offspring or anyone you encounter in your life. Have it as your epitaph, "Organization of albums and art on iTunes is of the utmost importance to ones life." It is far from pointless, it is mandatory.

I mentioned Monica Geller Syndrome right at the beginning of that little paragraph. That fake syndrome is an accurate summary of how I treat things in my life. Things may look a bit messy in my room, but trust me, it is ordered just as I want it to be and I swear to god I will HURT YOU if you move it out of it's designated position. Sometimes my room is, as mentioned, messy, but most of the time it is perfectly ordered and precise, each little item in it's proper place, existing as it should. So no, I do not love organising 'pointless things' while everything is a mess.
I love organising everything.
Eg you're failing every class, your backpack's contents are strewn around the city, dead mice are piling up and your addiction to freebase is leaving scorch marks on everything and you're deathly sick BUT THAT ALBUM HAS TO BE PERFECT

Old December 29th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I do this in almost every facet of my life, from files on my computer, to the anime DVD's on my shelves, even in my Pokemon games as far as how my PC boxes are organized. Now granted, sometimes it seems that I'm the only one who can tell how I obsessively organize my stuff, but rest assured there is a method to my madness and I am very particular about it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old December 29th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I organize silly things like my pictures by date and time. I organize my CDs by the date they came out and by the artist. That's pretty much it.
Old December 29th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Sodom
The Bible just got a whole lot sexier.

Nature: Adamant
Haha I do this. I organise my DVDs alphabetically and try to do the same with my books, while all around me there are piles of crap that need to be cleaned up but I can't be bothered with

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here