The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeInfuse View Post
This could also possibly be to do with the new film coming in 2013 ? With Gensect.
Or possibly an announcement of the next gen. It's hard to tell when there's a fair few theories. Heck, it could also possibly be to do with the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ?
It could be movie news, maybe more details on what it's about; who's in it etc however if the Masuda recording for Pokemon Smash does coincide with this announcement I can't see what more major news he could say about the movie. I doubt it would be Mystery Dungeon news, it's already released in Japan and we've got a North American Release date. We've just had a big Genesect event, Kyogre & Groudon Event and we've had enough spin-offs for Gen V (Mystery Dungeon, Pokepark, Rumble Blast, Get Typing, Conquest) so it could easily be a new maingame which would most lilkely be Remakes OR Gen VI.

Old December 29th, 2012, 02:47 PM
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Well i look forward to it either way.
Gen VI will be complicated as I think coming up with new, fresh and decent looking Pokemon is getting to be a struggle.
Some Pokemon in Gen V just look a bit... how can i say, "trubbish"

But if it IS indeed the remake, then i will be extremely pleased as Hoenn was one of the best developed landscapes i've seen. (My opinion.)
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Quote:
Gen VI will be complicated as I think coming up with new, fresh and decent looking Pokemon is getting to be a struggle.

But if it IS indeed the remake, then i will be extremely pleased as Hoenn was one of the best developed landscapes i've seen. (My opinion.)
Well if the Genesect movie isn't out for another 7 months I can't see them releasing Gen VI just yet. I'm just hoping that with the Kyogre & Groudon Wi-Fi Event could reduce the changes of remakes at all, they had to do soemthing for the 10th anniversary but I doubt this would really change anything.

Old December 29th, 2012, 03:08 PM
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3

Is it an Event for B2/W2 ? I never get to the events in time
Also what do you mean by
"I'm just hoping that with the Kyogre & Groudon Wi-Fi Event could reduce the changes of remakes at all"

Also, maybe they might go all out for a 10th anniversary. A game in which you could scale through ALL regions. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova with some landscape changes, all pokemon, new events. Things like that.
Old December 29th, 2012, 03:54 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
And gen I was kinda "grimer" I guess then?

I don't get it. Why would it be hard to come up with more? Do you know how much material there is in the real world to base things off? Not just animals and plants, but even clichés, cultural references and mythological creatures, any combination, reused ideas, elemental abilities slapped onto normal things........and on and on and on..
Just look at some fakemon galleries and be amazed at what some random fans are capable on their own, LET ALONE GAMEFREAK.

They made Trubbish, not because they wouldn't be able to think up 150 cool pokemon that all please your specific taste, not because they "ran out of creativity" or anything like that...I would even say they made it more to pay homage to gen I, than for any other reason.
Old December 29th, 2012, 03:57 PM
P0kelegend

I was at first thinking the announcement could be movie/anime related, but I'm doubting it and the reason I'm doubting it is because its on January 8th which is a Tuesday. If it was going to be an anime/movie announcement you would think they would air it on Jan 10th with the Pokemon episode that day, not on Jan 8th which has NO Pokemon whatsoever on TV that day.

I think it will be something related to the games, whether it is the announcement or the next game or a Wi-Fi event. I'm going to try not to get my hopes up too much in case it is something small like a Wi-Fi event.

Masuda filmed Smash on Dec 7, and the episodes usually air JUST under a month after they are filmed which means he will probably be on the December 6th Smash episode, so I'm not sure if his Smash appearance and the announcement have anything to do with each other since the announcement is meant to come 2 days after he appears on Smash (unless Im wrong and his Smash appearance is on Jan 13th after the announcement, to talk more about whatever it is).
Old December 29th, 2012, 03:58 PM
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3

First of all, i stated my opinion, and you seem to be flying off the handle just to tell me my opinion is wrong.
Thats not what this is for.
In my opinion, some of the Gen V pokemon DO look strange and misplaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
I think it will be something related to the games, whether it is the announcement or the next game or a Wi-Fi event. I'm going to try not to get my hopes up too much in case it is something small like a Wi-Fi event.
Would they really put a teaser like that in for a Wifi Event ?
(I've never caught a WiFi event in time so i wouldn't know)

Last edited by IStreamSandwich; December 29th, 2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 29th, 2012, 04:09 PM
P0kelegend

I remember in September 2011 they teased a Mewtwo Wi-Fi event as a 'shocking announcement;, and everyone was freaking out that it could be a new game.

I do think this one is more likely to be an announcement of Gen VI though. Gen V was announced in January 2010 so if Gen VI is being released in 2013 I don't see why they wouldn't announce it in Jan 2013.

I'm just ready for the next game to be confirmed so I know where R/S/E remakes stand. If Gen VI is coming out next year, I can see an Emerald remake being released on its 10th anniversary in 2014.
Old December 29th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

The only reason why I don't think that it will be a Wi-Fi is because Genesect was viewed as a major announcement IIRC and as far as I'm concerned that wasn't announced long ago and is still running. I think if it is a main game, regardless of what it may be we will have a better idea of if or when we will be seeing the remakes.

Old December 29th, 2012, 04:45 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Yeh, the still NON-SHINY Genesect will only begin distribution mid-January, and the Shiny Genesect to follow as the pre-order event...it wouldn't make sense to announce any random event now, unless it was the main-movie event.

...When was Celebi revealed for the Zoroark movie?
"Scans from the May 2010 issue of CoroCoro have revealed more information on the Movie 13 Pokémon distributions. The attacks and held items of the alternate color Legendary beasts have been revealed, as well as an announcement that movie-goers will be able to obtain a Fateful Encounter Celebi at the theater."

So seeing how the shiny Genesect is the equivalent to the shiny beasts back then, the "Celebi" should come later lol.

From the looks of it, seems we are definitely getting either of these:
-gen VI/game announcement
-silhouette of the actual star in M16

Quote:
First of all, i stated my opinion, and you seem to be flying off the handle just to tell me my opinion is wrong.
Thats not what this is for.
In my opinion, some of the Gen V pokemon DO look strange and misplaced.
Its just when you state a particular reason that obviously applies to pokemon since the beginning that Ill start pointing it out, like just refering to Trubbish when it is clearly a fresh and creative new take on Grimer.
If your opinion is that you chose to dislike some gen V designs for no particular reason, well so be it. But that has nothing to do about whether there is any decrease in quality or lack of ideas imminent, which is what I was addressing.

Last edited by MiTjA; December 29th, 2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old December 29th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I remember Mastuda being in a Movie Preview that correspoinded to a game and he's been invited for lesser "Surprising Announcements" as stated before.

They have almost guaranteed something brand spanking new with their Post Card/Greeting Card to that Japanese Magazine. Its not too far off that its not a coincidence. What could be airing is this "Continued Evolution of the Pokemon World". We could get something brand new, never been done before.

As for the Anniversary, Gen 3 Anniversary is over. It passed and we got Downloads for it in Japan, that was pretty much it. Very little chance of that passing into the US so far.

We still have the mystery Watches from the movie merchandise, and as it was said, Matsuda could be there to unveil the star or a Co-Star or even a Pokemon that plays a small pivital role like the Spiked Ear Pichu in the Arceus Movie.
Old December 29th, 2012, 07:39 PM
crystalzapdos

Quote:
This could also possibly be to do with the new film coming in 2013 ? With Gensect.
Or possibly an announcement of the next gen. It's hard to tell when there's a fair few theories. Heck, it could also possibly be to do with the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ?
It wouldn't have anything to do with spin-offs because Gamefreak doesn't make them.

Quote:
They've done it before. I think its unlikely to be an event, but its not out of the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post

From the looks of it, seems we are definitely getting either of these:
-gen VI/game announcement
-silhouette of the actual star in M16
This pretty much sums up what I think about it, though I think the second one is more likely.
They could reveal the silhouette on Pokemon Smash and then reveal the Pokemon this month's coro-coro, much like they did with Zorark.

Last edited by crystalzapdos; December 29th, 2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old December 30th, 2012, 04:46 AM
s2daam

Most of the possible scenarios of the announcement:
- Silhouette of a new Pokémon in relation to the next movie
- Silhouette of a new Pokémon in relation to the games.- Brand new main series game announced
- Remakes announced
- Wi-Fi event for a Pokémon in the next movie not yet revealed that we already know of (so any Gen 5 and below Pokémon)
- Wi-Fi event to tie into some sort of event that's coming up (I don't know something like National Eevee Day or something lol)- Wi-Fi event to tie into Pokémon Black 2/White 2.
- Wi-Fi event to tie into Mystery Dungeon.
- A side-game announced.

And from most of these, it's likely that it's more likely to be one of the "big ones" opposed to something little. But the fact that the teaser was after the broadcast of a game trailer it seems more likely to be about the games, whereas they could have just aired a trailer after a Pokémon episode aired if it was about the anime. But at the same time, a silhouette of a Pokémon doesn't mean "new games coming this year". Like before, Pokémon have been revealed before but their respective games haven't been released for a year or more. They could reveal a new Pokémon and it's only available in some 3DS side game as the pathway between the two generations.

Think about it. Some new side game featuring the usual Pokémon is released, however there is a small group of brand new Pokémon in it. They aren't compatible with the past games, but then a year later the first generation VI game is released where you can transfer Pokémon from the side game to the main series game.

GET READY TO START A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE IN THE POKÉMON WORLD!

Last edited by s2daam; December 30th, 2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old December 30th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Correspondence

I think they'd just release the main series game instead of a pathway game.A pathway game just seems unnecessary to me.
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

I can't see it being a spin-off, like I say I think we've had enough for Generation V. I do see it as perfect timing for Remakes but then again, it could just as easily be something else.

Old December 30th, 2012, 04:21 PM
HyperXhydra

Hoenn remakes that's what I hope.
Old December 30th, 2012, 04:42 PM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

It won't be a spin off, Game Freak made the announcement and they do not make Spin offs.

If it's an event I can see it connecting to the next games like Arceus, Celebi, E/R/S did.
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:57 PM
P0kelegend

Where does it say Game Freak made the announcement? I don't think that has been confirmed anywhere. I do hope you are right though, I just haven't seen that it was Game Freak that issued the statement.
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
Where does it say Game Freak made the announcement? I don't think that has been confirmed anywhere. I do hope you are right though, I just haven't seen that it was Game Freak that issued the statement.
Which announcement are you referring to? The one where everyone accepts the Gen 6 idea? Or that something big is coming on January 8th?

If the first one, a Magazine that posts Pokemon news printed that they got a Greeting Card saying that Gamefreak was furthering the "Evolution of the Pokemon World". It pretty much boils down to possible Gen 6 confirmation.

If its the January thing, Junichi Matsuda posted on Twitter sometime early this month that he filmed an episode of Pokemon Smash (Which is airing on the 6th, not the 8th). Recently after an episode of Pokemon they showed a commercial saying that there was news coming out on January 8th.

Honestly, I think that's just a longer sneak preview of the Opening episode to the new N/Plasma Arc which airs on the 17th since Smash is airing on the Sunday, 6th, and not on the 8th. Matsuda is going to be with one of his Programmers on the 6th as per Matsuda tweet.

So now I don't think the January 8th Announcement is anything other than a longer clip for the episode to air on the 17th or a better Movie Preview.
Old December 30th, 2012, 09:17 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
It's that time again with possible next gen speculation. Ohh, I love it.

-----------------------------------------------
Pokémon Teal Version
: Alphere's Throne
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
: God of Restoration
Uiyto region map still in progress...
Old December 30th, 2012, 09:18 PM
P0kelegend

If a new Gen is indeed coming in 2013, then I still expect an announcement in January like they did with Gen V in January 2010. So even if the January 8 announcement isnt it, I'm still expecting them to announce it sometime later in the month.

I can see what you are saying about them just showing a longer sneek peek of the upcoming anime arc, but think about it - why would they put that on a Tuesday when there is no related Pokemon shows that day? You would think they would show that on Smash, or on Thursday after the Pokemon episode airs. Tuesday wouldn't really make sense, which makes me think its not anime related at all.

As for Masuda/Morimoto appearing on Smash, apparently its just for a B2W2 tournament. Masuda has appeared before for these kind of things. However, I feel almost certain that Smash will foreshadow the announcement for January 8th.

They didn't really give us much to go off of in regards to the announcement, just that something will be announced on January 8th so we will surely have to get more details on the announcement soon such as a time etc, so Im sure Smash will foreshadow it. If it's going to be a game announcement, it would make sense for Masuda/Morimoto to foreshadow it at the end of the episode.

Im pretty certain Gen VI is next at this point, I just really do hope the remakes will come after it.
Old December 31st, 2012, 11:08 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Me too, especially with their expansion comment which reminds me of the reboot comment about Generation V during that generation's time of announcement.
If they are 6th generation than I expect it to look something like this:

New duo Main games 2013
Frlg remakes early in 2014 for their 10th anniversity
late 2014 or early 2015 Hoenn remakes.
2015/6 Third game/ Sequels.

Anyways I hope I'm right about Hoenn remakes...
Old December 31st, 2012, 12:43 PM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Me too, especially with their expansion comment which reminds me of the reboot comment about Generation V during that generation's time of announcement.
If they are 6th generation than I expect it to look something like this:

New duo Main games 2013
Frlg remakes early in 2014 for their 10th anniversity
late 2014 or early 2015 Hoenn remakes.
2015/6 Third game/ Sequels.

Anyways I hope I'm right about Hoenn remakes...

Frlg remakes? you mean the remakes of red and and blue? i don't think so, but the rest of your ideas seem legit
Old December 31st, 2012, 02:58 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

This announcement that is imminent is interesting, it actually could possibly be RS Remakes.

Old December 31st, 2012, 03:34 PM
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3

Its also the day before my birthday :3
Looking forward to looking forward to something.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here