Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
I guess another thread I haven't posted in..

In Ruby I used it on Groudon.
in leafgreen I used it on Zapdos.
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:11 AM
39SMOOTH
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend of Zorra View Post
I used mine on a Zubat.

I know. I know. I don't even know what I was thinking, but in my defense I was but a wee grade schooler at the time.
Hah! So did I. I don't even know why in the world.

Also, there was an account where I'd encountered a Shiny. My first one-- and it was a Linoone. In my overexcitement, I'd immediately whipped out my Master Ball and caught it.

I was a happy child that month.
Old December 25th, 2012, 04:49 PM
KarosNB
Unhatched Egg

I used my masterball on abra, what else.
Old December 27th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Zombie432

Nature: Relaxed
groundon 1 pokeball
kyogre 2 pokeballs
rayquaza masterball
Old December 28th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Kungfumidget
Unhatched Egg

Not sure if this was on red or fire red ... But I used to always use it on zapdos as a kid as I couldnt beat the elite 4 without it, but then I wouldnt be able to catch mewtwo without the masterball, so I used to get stressed haha.
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:20 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
In my very first playthrough of Ruby (which was my first 3rd-gen game), I just used my Master Ball on Groudon. At that point I was still in a sort of 'aaah mascot Pokemon, Master Ball nao!' mindset. After that, though, I NEVER used the Master Ball on a Pokémon that wasn't a Roamer. So from there I'd use the Master Ball on Latios, whichever Legendary Beast would appear in LeafGreen, and then whichever Eon-mon I chose in Emerald.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old December 28th, 2012, 03:06 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
In Emerald, I used it on Rayquaza :3 I didn't bother to keep pressing a and b and I didn't want to waste Pokeballs so I just used it right away. lol

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old December 28th, 2012, 03:11 PM
CobaltChrome
Unhatched Egg

Well, my first time was when I was little. I saw a wild Pelipper, thought 'Wow, a big sprite! It must be powerful!' Used the Master Ball, never used it.

Now I tend to use it on runners.
Old December 29th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Bagon13

Nature: Quiet
Lol, I remember that i catched a Linoone with a Master Ball on my Ruby.
I used a Master Ball on Rayquaza, Because rayquaza was my favorite Pokemon, so i didn't wanted to waste balls so that's why..
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:48 PM
bilhanPKBZ
Spriter

Nature: Jolly
Oh yeah... Magikarp. My friends told me it was really good and I believed it, then when we battled I beat them cuz I had a Gyarados. However my first masterball was on a Ponyta in Yellow.

Land Shark XD

FRIEND CODE: 3969 - 6141 - 2289
Old December 30th, 2012, 02:33 PM
SaniOKh
The Cynical Completionist

Nature: Lonely
I just replayed all Gen 3, and every time I used the Master Ball on the roaming legendary.

All other legendaries took me 30 or so Ultra Balls to catch (each).

The only exception was Mewtwo in LeafGreen: one Ultra Ball without inflicting any status effects and after only one attack. I was lucky :) .

Friend codes:
Electric-type Safari: 4468-2370-5617 (Electrode - Pikachu - Galvantula) | Dark-type Safari: 1134-8222-3179 (Nuzleaf - Cacturne - Liepard)
PM before adding. If you don't mention which code you added, I will NOT add you back.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:28 AM
pessimisticlyricist
Unhatched Egg

I actually was smart enough my first time to catch rayquaza with the masterball.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Jin Of The Gale
ih

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Jin Of The Gale
Like most of the others who have posted here, I used my Master Ball to capture Latios in Ruby version because one of my friends who had already finished the game told me that it would keep fleeing whenever you encounter it.

✝REST IN PEACE✝
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:28 AM
mikelan98
Bendiciones y buenas noches

As I recall, it was with Rayquaza in Pokémon Emerald. Now I regret having used it, because it could be used UltraBalls without any problem.
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Cinnabar
Fenniken is godly.

I used my Master Ball on a shiny Hariyama in Emerald, I figured I could catch any legendary with an Ultra Ball.
Old January 12th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Imperator161

I used my Master Ball on Latias in Sapphire and Latios in Emerald, I think (it's been a while). I don't think I've used mine yet on Ruby, nor have I used my Master Ball in LG. I'll probably use it on the roaming Pokemon in those games, as I can't think of any better purpose for it.

I don't remember the details of my other legendary captures, but I think I caught most of the generation 3 legends using several Ultra Balls apiece (anywhere from 2-30ish?).
Diamond FC: 1504 2172 1147
White FC: 1721 2860 5156
3DS XL FC (X): 2466-2669-5197
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Pothus
The Necromancer

Nature: Lax
The first master ball I used was on Rayquaza.

• » Twitter « • »YouTube « •
• » Welcome Post « • » Platinum Moon « •

Last edited by Pothus; January 12th, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:15 PM
SoraTheTruth

Nature: Naive
1. Fire Red: Zapdos (Age 7-8)
2. Emerald: Latios (Age 9-10)
3. Ruby: Rayquayza (Age 12)
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:45 AM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Nature: Quirky
Emerald: Rayquaza usually lol, I always get impatient haha and I never usually pursue the other legendaries, I've never actually seen Latios/as in-game lol

Leaf Green - I don't think I used mine actually but if I did it would've been on the roaming dog, as I picked Charmander it would've been Suicune
http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic155452_1.gif
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:11 AM
Bey-Heart
Unhatched Egg

I usually save my Master Ball for the roaming legendaries. So in Emerald I used it on Latios or Latias, and in Fire Red I used it one of the legendary dogs. The only exception to this is in Red/Blue I use it on Mewtwo.
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Caelus
Gone

On Sapphire I used it on Kyogre and on Emerald I used it on Rayquaza. Looking back I wish I had caught them with net balls/ultra balls and save the master ball for Latios/Latias, but I was like 10 and I really wanted to catch them.
-
Old February 1st, 2013, 04:56 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
First time I used it on Kyogre. Then, once I learned the pain of roaming Pokemon, I used it on Latias on my second playthrough.
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old February 1st, 2013, 06:05 PM
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

In both my Ruby and Sapphire, I used it on the roaming Pokemon respective to that game.
But in Emerald, I never did use it. I caught all the Legendaries I could with Ultra Balls. (Except Kyogre, who I surprising caught in a Dive Ball.) I think it's still in there, actually.
All the cool kids had a signature :o
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:28 PM
halcyonic
new megas r op
Community Supporter

I was such a noob back then, I started with Ruby and I wasted it on a STUPID Skitty!!!

Then, I learned to not waste it. So, I used it on Rayquaza in Emerald.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:25 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
I always keep my Master Balls for bragging rights to prove that I didn't use any Master Balls to my friends.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here