The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 28th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Counterfeit

Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
I haven't made any graphics in a long time, so I'd feel like I was cheating if I were to use any of them In here. I'll will upload them once I've got enough new ones to put up along side them though.

For now, here are some of my photos:

Spoiler:

Last edited by derozio; December 28th, 2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Sorry, I hope you don't mind me wrapping spoiler tags around them. Too many and too big. ;;
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:15 PM
xxkaylabby
unacceptable!
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to xxkaylabby Send a message via Skype™ to xxkaylabby
i love photography (: i was excited to see this. well the lighting on some of the photos is great. i would work on trying to focus more on because some of the photos are blurry and a little pixely.
what kind of camera do you use?
can't wait to see more photos & graphics (:

|Pair|
|Theme|
|Tumblr|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old December 28th, 2012, 10:22 PM
moments.
{quixotic}

Nature: Calm
The fact that such a large portion of your shots are completely out of focus doesn't do your time and effort any justice whatsoever. Additionally, when you've got photos with a lot of noise, take a few minutes to resize all of them: it will help with the quality (and it is easier to scroll through them all on a webpage. ;D).

Anyways, love some of your bokeh shots!

Old December 29th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Counterfeit

Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
Part of the reason I like them is because they're out of focus. I'm even attracted to the noise.

Don't expect to get a clear shot out of me very regularly at all, it's just not what I'm in to. xD

I will get on re-sizing them though.

As for what camera I use, there's a number of them. None are special though, just phone ones, broken ones, ones with dirty lenses etc.
Old December 29th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Comic Tragedy

Location: The suburbs, and no I don't need to describe much further.
Nature: Relaxed
I personally really dig the noise you to refer to in your shots. In my opinion, having to be "in focus" in every photograph really limits you. A few of my favorite pictures weren't of anything in particular, you just managed to capture imperfection in a beautiful way.

(lemme edit this post with an example of what I mean after I go back through the photos and find it, haha).

take a few sʇuǝɯoɯ and look at this tag.
Old December 30th, 2012, 08:17 AM
derozio
my ghost is whispering to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
http://25.media.tumblr.com/de166604e...ndeo1_1280.jpg
^ this is pretty awesome. I never managed to capture pictures like these. <3; The hue adds to it, too.

Call it my lack of artistic sense but I don't really dig all of those out of focus pics. This and the next one is somewhat likeable, though. Like the car's atmosphere and the contrast between red and blue in it.

Also, some impressive bokeh here. Would it be alright if I use them in my works? :p Looking forward to your graphical updates, btw! :]
Old December 30th, 2012, 10:17 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
It's great to have blurry and out-of-focus pictures, by all means. However, some of your unfocused pictures just look messy. Not anything bad, but it would be a bit more interesting if I could make out a tiny bit of what's going on. Give the audience a bit of intrigue - you still have the noise effect, but they now wonder a bit where and what this picture is about rather than "omg colors". Same goes for silhouettes if you ever get into that stuff.

And the "splatter" pictures, give us a little background. Where was this? What caused the stain? What might it be? I understand where you're coming from, but looking at white splotches alone is something to be forgotten. Try widening your range of focus (most digital cameras have this option, phones don't) just a bit so we have a bit of an idea where we are.

Oh, and while we're at it, try using a lower ISO when you can and should. The noise (the random pixels of bright colors on black) are the result of using a higher ISO. On film, this turns out grainy and can be sometimes cool, but on digital cameras it generally just makes it look unprofessional.

I love eccentric pictures, don't gt me wrong, but there's a thin line between "innovative" and "messy".

All in all, just practice more. You'll find your style in no time!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links