The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 4th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider095 View Post
Hey I just got the Black ROM, and I havent played more than five or ten minutes of it because my pokemon dont gain exp.. :/ why is this? I use DeSmuMe 0.9.8x86
You need to find already patched ROM or exp patch for Pokémon Black.
BW/B2W2 both have anti-piracy measures that blocks Pokémon from gaining EXPs.
Old July 6th, 2012, 04:39 PM
spider095
Beginning Trainer

I can't get my Black ROM to get an access point for WiFi to get my friend code :/ any ideas why?
Old July 10th, 2012, 07:02 AM
TheSigma
Beginning Trainer

I am using an r4itt flashcard to play B/w, and i was intending on using the randomizer action replay code, however it doesnt seem to be working on any AP patched roms. Does anyone have a work around? Or a romhack with randomizer built in?
Old August 14th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Snableye
Beginning Trainer

I Just downloaded the latest DeSmuMe and when i start up my black rom it runs reeeaaally slow, like slowmottion. Im guessing there is something wrong with to settings, but im no good at that stuff, and i just wondered if anyone knows some settings that work?

Kanto - Johto - Hoenn - Sinnoh - Unova
Emerald, might do Ultimate later

Diamond: Nuzlocke Challenge

Extreme Solo: Lickitung/Lickilicky - HeartGold
Solo Challenge: Gengar - Platinum
Old August 14th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snableye View Post
I Just downloaded the latest DeSmuMe and when i start up my black rom it runs reeeaaally slow, like slowmottion. Im guessing there is something wrong with to settings, but im no good at that stuff, and i just wondered if anyone knows some settings that work?
That's weird... everything should be set by default...
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:11 AM
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Would anybody possibly be able to help me with screen recording ?
Basically, i want to be able to record both screens of the emulator and whack them together for a youtube video.

Here is a sample video of what i'd like to record like.

Any help would be lovely.
Old December 8th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Correspondence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snableye View Post
Hmm..that usually happens if your computer is slow,also don't use any other programs or the internet while using the DeSmuMe,that tends to slow it down too.
Old December 18th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Jacusiek
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
I have graphical problem while I'm fighting double or triple battles with trainers. The selection screen of moves gets crazy. When i check some move and I will choose another move, the frame from the first one won't disapear, it will still be. It happens only during double or triple battles. Here is the image of it:
hxxp://oi47.tinypic.com/1253r0i.jpg
hxxp=http
I think it shouldn't happen. When I was playing that play, exactly the same rom of pokemon White, it didn't happen, I am sure, but now something broke (maybe because I'm using new Desmume? When I was playing pokemon some time before, I was using older version of Desmume). How to repair it?

P.S. I tried to download new rom of Pokemon W, but it also happens. I broke something in settings of desmume. What could it be?
Old December 30th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Oakesy
Unhatched Egg

Hi

I am a bit of a n00b here, but I am wondering if you could help me with a problem I have with my Pokemon Black for no$gba. It doesnt run smoothly, every so often it freezes either when I talk to an in game person or mostly when I start a battle, the fight option never comes up. This hasn't been a problem up to now because I have saved very regularly but it is now a problem, has become a recurring thing. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated but if you can't due to whatever reason I understand.

Appreciate it

Oakesy x

Old December 30th, 2012, 10:53 PM
VERGUNDAI
RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakesy View Post
Hi

I am a bit of a n00b here, but I am wondering if you could help me with a problem I have with my Pokemon Black for no$gba. It doesnt run smoothly, every so often it freezes either when I talk to an in game person or mostly when I start a battle, the fight option never comes up. This hasn't been a problem up to now because I have saved very regularly but it is now a problem, has become a recurring thing. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated but if you can't due to whatever reason I understand.

Appreciate it

Oakesy x

Easy solutions:

- Just use DesMume(must be on your computer not usb)
- Check your CPU(don't use too much programs like multiple browsers or facebook apps)
- Is your computer new/or old?
- Do you have the latest No$GBA?
- Fix you settings...
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:00 AM
Oakesy
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERGUNDAI View Post
Easy solutions:

- Just use DesMume(must be on your computer not usb)
- Check your CPU(don't use too much programs like multiple browsers or facebook apps)
- Is your computer new/or old?
- Do you have the latest No$GBA?
- Fix you settings...
I tried DesMume but it is unbelievably slow, my computer is pretty good and I am pretty sure I use the latest version of no$gba, wondering where this leaves me.

Old December 31st, 2012, 11:45 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
I tried DesMume but it is unbelievably slow, my computer is pretty good and I am pretty sure I use the latest version of no$gba, wondering where this leaves me.
Then use newer version of DeSmuME. If your PC is good, DeSmuME cannot run slow.
Old January 1st, 2013, 04:11 PM
Oakesy
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Then use newer version of DeSmuME. If your PC is good, DeSmuME cannot run slow.
I am pretty sure I used the latest version of DeSmuMe :/ I couldn't get to the start menu on the game either though

Old January 1st, 2013, 04:25 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
I am pretty sure I used the latest version of DeSmuMe :/ I couldn't get to the start menu on the game either though :(
What version are you using? 0.9.8?

Platinum Supporter Team Fail

"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."

Charizard

Old January 1st, 2013, 11:38 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
I am pretty sure I used the latest version of DeSmuMe :/ I couldn't get to the start menu on the game either though
Then use settings to set START to a different key.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:34 PM
the bwu
Unhatched Egg

Hello there this is my first emulation so bear with me here.

I've tried opening my White Version emulation with both DeSuME 0.9.6 and 0.9.8 and I just get the audio from the intro screen but no video. I can interact with the menus but I obviously can't play it.

Any ideas? :\
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:10 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bwu View Post
Hello there this is my first emulation so bear with me here.

I've tried opening my White Version emulation with both DeSuME 0.9.6 and 0.9.8 and I just get the audio from the intro screen but no video. I can interact with the menus but I obviously can't play it.

Any ideas? :\
There might be something wrong with the ROM you downloaded.
You should try more of them.
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Tony N
Unhatched Egg

Hello everyone, i'm having problems playing Pokemon White on my emulator. I'm using No$GBA 2.6, and the game itself runs fine with all the action replay codes. (Also, i got Pokemon White from CoolRoms)

The real problem I'm having is the well known "Fight-Button Glitch"; in which every 3 battles the fight button completely disappears and there's no way to battle or run away from the battle. I know others have had this problem in the past, and I was able to get through most of the game by restarting until I made it to the Dragonspiral Tower and had to fight 3 Team Plasma Grunts in a row. I cannot get past this point because the "Fight" button disappears after 3 consecutive battles, making impossible to get further into the game.

I've had this problem for months and could not find a way to fix this problem. I also have DeSuMe 0.9.8 as well, but would really prefer to finish the game on No$GBA 2.6. Has anyone found away to fix/patch the Fight-Button bug? It would be much appreciated if I could find a real solution that would patch it once and for all.
Old February 7th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

I've been saying that playing anything beyond HG/SS is impossible on No$GBA... :/
Or better said, it's extremely buggy... I'm affraid that if that bug appeared, it won't disappear anyhow...
Playing on DeSmuME works much better with no AR codes and no bugs.
Old February 7th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
I've been saying that playing anything beyond HG/SS is impossible on No$GBA... :/
Or better said, it's extremely buggy... I'm affraid that if that bug appeared, it won't disappear anyhow...
Playing on DeSmuME works much better with no AR codes and no bugs.
Not at all! I can easily play BW on No$Gba and BW2 on No$Zoomer with same speed as HGSS without any bugs.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old February 8th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
Not at all! I can easily play BW on No$Gba and BW2 on No$Zoomer with same speed as HGSS without any bugs.
Then you are 1%... similar to how I was playing HG/SS on No$ when no one else could xD
Still... DeSmuME provides more support to newer games.
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Desmume 0.9.9 JIT craps all over No$GBA. Although I don't support Desmume anymore.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:41 PM
altair eli
Unhatched Egg

Hi im a big noob here and need serious help im playing pokemon black on the emulator no$gba and it works fine until i beat the first gym leader. everytime i beat him the game freezes on a black screen, can i get some help?
Old March 27th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by altair eli View Post
Hi im a big noob here and need serious help im playing pokemon black on the emulator no$gba and it works fine until i beat the first gym leader. everytime i beat him the game freezes on a black screen, can i get some help?
Play on DeSmuME.
Playing on No$ is sometimes impossible and if by some miracle starts working, it's likely to bug sometimes.
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:40 PM
altair eli
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Play on DeSmuME.
Playing on No$ is sometimes impossible and if by some miracle starts working, it's likely to bug sometimes.
ok im using desmume and now the pokemon wont gain exp
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links