Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 31st, 2012, 10:53 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
I'm not gonna do any fancy CSS here (yet) since it takes effort.

---

Welcome to my thread!
After so many people telling me to do it, I'm finally getting around to it sort of.

Also my stuff seems to be loading pretty badly to some. I'll try to look into what I can do to fix this issue.

---

So here's some stuff:

Spoiler:

Flannery and her Torkoal
Spoiler:

Some Unova scenery
Spoiler:

Mei and Ampharos find a hidden grotto
Spoiler:

SHINY CLAWITZER, FIRE.
Spoiler:

Mawile being Mawile
Spoiler:

A strip about leaks
Spoiler:

Calem and Froakie in the rain!
Spoiler:

Noivern!
Spoiler:

Y-chan AND birds!
Spoiler:

It's a bird! It's a plane! No, seriously, it's a bird.
Spoiler:

More Y-chan!
Spoiler:

Excadrill VS Mienshao!
Spoiler:

Y-chan and a Chespin!
Spoiler:

Ghastly!
Spoiler:

Fennekin!
Spoiler:

FLYING SHARPEDO
Spoiler:

Mei and Ampharos find a hidden grotto
Spoiler:

My initial team in Black 2 (pixel art)
Spoiler:

Charizard
Spoiler:

Mewtwo
Spoiler:

Pkmn trainer Red
Spoiler:

Jasmine and Steelix
Spoiler:

Elesa in BW2 <333
Spoiler:

Cheren and Bianca
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

- 2014 -
Newest to oldest
Spoiler:

- 2013 -
Newest to oldest
Spoiler:

- 2012 -
Newest to oldest
Spoiler:

- 2011 -
Newest to oldest
Spoiler:

- 2010 -
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Bravely Default
Spoiler:

Yuyushiki
Spoiler:

Shingeki no Kyojin
Spoiler:

Hidamari Sketch
Spoiler:

Kokoro Connect
Spoiler:

The World God Only Knows
Spoiler:

Bakemonogatari
Spoiler:

Negima
Spoiler:

Medaka Box
Spoiler:

Misc
Spoiler:
Tsuritama

FMA

Gurren Lagann

Kids on the Slope

Spice and Wolf

More to come (will post my webcomic when I feel like doing that)! Constructive criticism appreciated!
Pokey out <3

Last edited by Pokestick, good times.; August 18th, 2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old December 31st, 2012, 11:30 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

I was kind of wondering when you'd get around to making one, or even if once I realized the art in your signature/avatar was yours.

But there's just so much here that it's actually causing it to load everything slooooowwllllyyyyy. I dunno what that could be, are your images really huge on DA? Maybe it's DA itself through a bottleneck right now?

It seems like you have a whole lot to show, here, which is great. Most of loaded right up, and then others where just blank spots or half loaded, so I'm only going to talk about what I was able to see.

First off, I really like, or rather I always liked the Unova scenary, and the Mei and Ampharos find a hidden grotto piece. The pixel art is pretty hot stuff, too. I like what you did for Lumiere most of all, there.

I like the stutter comic, and a lot of your work from the unfinished pile has a certain flair to it, in the posing, and the cleanliness of the lineart. It shows your strengths. Uh, everything else didn't really load except the 2010 gallery, but it's interesting to see where you were 2 years ago. Or almost 3. It seems like what changed the most was your coloring technique, which usually seems to be the case for most artists once they have their personal style down.

So, that's all I got.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old December 31st, 2012, 11:36 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Sorry about the loading issues.
Dunno how I should fix that, really. Possibly by uploading every single image in a smaller format on Imgur, but that will be a pain, hahaha.

Thank you so much! <3

Old December 31st, 2012, 11:38 AM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure
Community Supporter

You've always been one of my favourite artists on PC, and that's saying something! Just seen your 2012 recap meme, and I have to say that you've improved so much it's kind of ridiculous. Your latest pieces are fantastic, I love your scenes. Just as a side note, the sunrays here shouldn't be above the characters, since they cast a shadow, naturally.

I'll continue to watch your work, I love it and I love your style so much. Keep it up!
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:05 PM
Fairy
スカイハイ

These are staggeringly well done.

Just compared to what you posted as pre-2012, you've developed your style so, so much. At this rate, you'll be famous by next year, no joke. You've transcended this whole "critiquing on PC" stage dude, you need like.. an agent or a manager or something. ;p

This is the style of drawing that I can really appreciate. I like what I draw, as an artist, but I often find that most of my art becomes very bland in meaning overall very static. Your art, on the other hand, is consistently portraying different emotions and different characters experiencing different things! It's so dynamic and fun to scroll through! Especially some of the more "simplistic" (by that I mean the ones that aren't very background heavy) pieces like this, this, and this.

I would say post more, like I do to everyone who puts a gallery up here, but if you post anymore I'm gunna just explode. xD

No but really, post more!

メガ レックウザ
pairbrothersmodtwingallerycredit
bell treepixel jointfairy clubacnl club
pokemon faefriend codedream addresshomestuck club
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:12 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Thank you so much for the encouragement and such, it's really means a lot! <3
I still haven't figured out how light works properly hahaha, and as much as I'd like to put up new stuff every day, drawing sure takes time.

Also, added some banner thingies for the folder categories. Guess it's a bit less boring this way. Might very well make the first post CSS-tacular at some point.

Old January 5th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Anastasia.R
Time Gear Thief

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Anastasia.R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia.R
WELL HEY, I REMEMBER FAVING ONE OF YOUR WORK!
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...er-d5l9tkb.png
That one, which I thought was pretty cool! ^..^
I love the lighting here, it looks awesome.
I see you sorta blurred the branches that was closer to the viewer, which I think creates some awesome depth! If I may suggest, I would blur a little more of the sign and bicycle? To possibly add more depth, but it's only a suggestion I had in mind.
I have to mention how I love your line-work in lots of the drawings you have. It's really clean, some of them are colored which I love to see. I don't know why, it's just nice to see line-work that's different from just regular black.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...er-d5opilx.png
AHA, I LOVE THIS.
Also, the texture here is nice. :3

So, I'll leave it at that! You've got some awesome work. =]
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Thanks <3
I should've blurred the background more, but just blurring lineart you've spent a large amount of time on is so difficult, haha.

Old January 6th, 2013, 08:52 AM
InkFrog
Togepi

Man I love your art. You have really nice clean lines which is something I struggle to do and your cel-shading style goes really nicely with it because it's so clean. I really like the clouds in your first drawing a lot. Your backgrounds aren't as clean as your characters, but they're clean enough so that they look like they still belong in the same world. Good job!
My current rps!

Sam Heights in Tainted Waters
TEAM:

Jack Mesa in Ultimate Tournament
TEAM:
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Thank you! <3

Whoopsie daisy, added another piece to the Original Art folder!
Spoiler:

Old January 7th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Arma
Actually not mad at all
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Wow, that last piece looks amazing! I really love how you've coloured it! It looks different from your other pieces.

To be honest, all of your art is awesome, but that last one really takes the cake!
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:31 AM
xxkaylabby
cake the cat
Community Supporter

omg your artwork has really become beautiful;; i remember when you first started drawing. i still have the drawing you made me;;
Spoiler:

i still love it<33
anyways, i love the way you draw it's just so clean i love all of the shading. i can't wait to see more.
--i might just use that signature again :3

|Theme|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old January 7th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

The latest piece is amazing. Love the work that went into the background. I have to agree with Alexial in that I really don't think there's must to critique on. You definitely have the patience to follow through to the last detail. The coloring is also very very nice. I may have to save that picture just for inspiration (of what, I dunno. Maybe how to create a detailed environment). The technique is in the painting, because the line art for the trees and bushes is pretty simple.

Are you looking to do this professionally? I think you'd be able to. Or maybe freelance if you're not looking to do this career wise. For a lot of people, though, it's not even about making money with it, though, so maybe you're in that camp as well? I dunno, I'm just curious.

Old January 7th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Thank you everyone! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CreamyChoco~ View Post
Nice art lol you should make Anime Shorts O-O
Oh god, animation takes so much time though. :P
But I have ventured into 2D animation from time to time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
Are you looking to do this professionally? I think you'd be able to. Or maybe freelance if you're not looking to do this career wise. For a lot of people, though, it's not even about making money with it, though, so maybe you're in that camp as well? I dunno, I'm just curious.
If I COULD make a living from illustrating, I would. Would be difficult making that happen though. :(
Also there's always the possibility that having it as work would make me grow reeeaaaally tired of it.

I do however plan on having a career in graphical design or something like that. And character design/scenery reference for games or films would be very fun! :D

Luckily I'm still seventeen and I don't have to worry about a career before I've finished college, so there's plenty of time to practice!

Old January 7th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Quote:
Oh god, animation takes so much time though. :P
But I have ventured into 2D animation from time to time!
A LOT of time. And that's if you're doing it half heartedly (cheap animation still isn't fast :I). I mean, I guess cheats exist but would you believe it if I said that I've never learned how to do any of them (background tweens nonwithstanding)?

But really, though, I like that animation you have. It seems like a clean up pass, because it's too smooth to be the 1st or 2nd draft. Looks like its mostly made up of keys and extremes, though, but I don't think you're aiming for little more than a skill test. I still like how he just zooms off into the distance. NOW I'm inspired. I can't get off my butt to draw anything, but animation is still my forte, whether I like it or not. XD;

Quote:
Also there's always the possibility that having it as work would make me grow reeeaaaally tired of it.
One of the many reasons I found out I didn't like animation as a career, it happens, but it's either rare or not too many people admit it. There was plenty of other factors, don't get me wrong, but you know it's over when you finally get a chance to work on something that you think is really really cool, really fun and has a style you love, but reached the absolute bottom of the drive to care anymore. Fortunately...

Quote:
And character design/scenery reference for games or films would be very fun! :D
For me, that is fun. I think if you got into it, you wouldn't get tired of it unlike animation which may burn you out if you don't live and breath it daily, and it has some pretty achievable milestones that people I've worked with seem to feel really good about. Even scenery design is fun every now and again, but maybe it's just me. Something to keep in mind, though, but I know different people have different tastes and ideas where to utilize their art. I'm speaking from work experience, but it's still only one man's point of view.

Well, you're certainly better than were I was when I was seventeen. My art was still very crude. In fact, you're better than me now. At your age, you've got a leg up on a lot of people who are seriously considering doing this professionally, I'd say that's quite a compliment. :D

Okay, I won't derail your gallery anymore. Anything else I'll take to a visitor message or something. D:

Old January 8th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Spoiler:

Just a quickie. I'm much more fond of the new starters than I thought I would be! :D
(added to the Pokémon folder)

Old January 8th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Fairy
スカイハイ

Best drawing of X and Y starter I've seen yet! Well, it's only the first one I've seen... but still the best!

I'm sorry but this was too good for me to not comment on real quick. Very awesome. Super cute for such a quick doodle. Keep them coming! c:

メガ レックウザ
pairbrothersmodtwingallerycredit
bell treepixel jointfairy clubacnl club
pokemon faefriend codedream addresshomestuck club
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
Best drawing of X and Y starter I've seen yet! Well, it's only the first one I've seen... but still the best!

I'm sorry but this was too good for me to not comment on real quick. Very awesome. Super cute for such a quick doodle. Keep them coming! c:
<3

--

Also, have an After Effects animation I haphazardly put together for school. I guess it sort of fits in this gallery, I did draw the character model to begin with hahaha.

Added in the Random Things and Stuff I Never Finished-folder!

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emesso View Post
Nice works bro, you used a photoshop ?
I use Photoshop to some extent, yes!
For the drawing and painting parts, I mostly use paint Tool SAI though.

When I animate I draw in photoshop entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
They are all awosome!Where did you learn to draw like that?Also is this from valkyrie chronicles 2?
Spoiler:
It really just comes with years of practice. :P

No it's not actually! As I wrote in the post, that's from Kids on the slope.

Old January 12th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

I use an airbrush with pretty high smoothing options when linearting, mostly.
The easiest way to do clean and smooth lines, I think, is just to make very quick strokes. This means it's harder to make them precise, but when you're using digital means you can just undo and try again until it looks good!

Also have a Gastly.

Old January 28th, 2013, 05:34 PM
TheFattestSnorlax
Also the loneliest
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I believe I have stumbled upon the works of the greatest digital artist ever. These are just simply amazing!
Ask a question, or make a suggestion of what I can do on http://thefattestsnorlax.tumblr.com/
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

^ Thanks! <3

Currently making a children's book type of thing for school. So have one of the illustrations I'm using for it! :D
(drawn with pencil, then scanned, touched up and coloured in PhotoShop)
Spoiler:

Old February 8th, 2013, 07:49 AM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Yahoo to KKN
Well, this is just all kinds of awesome.

Guess who's going to watch you on dA. This guy.

Pretty sure I've faved some of your stuff before, like that Mewtwo pic, but I don't think I actually looked through your gallery. Well, I'm off to spam you a bunch of fave notifications! XD

Ice-type Trainer & Dunsparce Fanatic | 3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200
Karite-Kita-Neko @deviantARTKjKun Neko @GPXPlus
Old February 12th, 2013, 06:29 AM
derozio
Shingeki no Bahamut is awesome
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
lmao and I said I'd cover all your works one by one. That's pretty darn impossible. Not to mention a bit pointless since my comments on almost every single one of these works would not oscillate much from "That's freakin' amazing". I mean it. Anyway, there is definitely a really huge improvement in your art over the few years I've known you. You were always good at drawing but, as of now, your art is pro level. Honestly, your **** is just amazing.

Works like these: 1 2 3 4 - stand out to me the most. 2nd and 4th are really benefited by the lighting in them, to be honest. Though Gav did point out a minor problem with the lighting in the second one, I still think it doesn't really harm the piece as much and it looks nothing short of breathtaking. Same goes for fourth. Fourth is virtually perfect in my eyes. Mei looks really good in there, anatomically speaking (and no, not just because you did her bewbs really nicely here. Though that's a factor! yeah, me a perv). Much better than she does in the games, lmao. Shadows cast by those leaves on her face have been done really well, too. As for the first and the third pieces, I'd just say that two things make me love them - detailing and the sense of speed. Detailing in the first and the latter in the third one. Love the way you did those strands of hair and the art style in the first pic in general. Coloring is immaculate. Just perfect. Talking about sharpedo piece - those lines, man. That linework. ****ing amazing. Those strokes just make the drawing. They've been done masterfully. Grunge texture in the background really does wonders for it too.

Overall, I'm just a big fan of you, pokey. You've improved tons and I can't stress it enough. The fact that you're incorporating things like proper lighting in order to enhance the drawing and bring out the focus in your latest works is commendable. I didn't see it in your older works and I'll just say that they really do affect your works. In a good way, of course! <3; So yeah, keep drawing and updating this gallery. You know you have to or I'll kill you. ;]
Credit // Theme // Pair // I'm a violinist.Kaori
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Asdfg stop it Vikky you're killing me! ;;;
I'm really bad at responding to compliments. Like, really bad. No matter how I do it it's just impossible to make such incredibly great words justice, to recreate in words how awesome it makes me feel that second when I get stuff like that. Thus, it feels like such a waste, haha.
But it's so appreciated, it really is. I'm so happy that people like the stuff I do, to such a, to me, extreme extent. It's when you really think it's worth all the hours of hard work and slight frustration!
...Though getting motivation is still annoyingly difficult. Pull yourself together, me!

But still. Thank you. Really. To everyone who leaves nice comments on either this thread, on DA, in person, or anywhere else. It means so much. <3

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here