The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old December 31st, 2012, 06:20 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Hi this is related to fashion and I had a question and wanted advice!!

I just bought a pleated skirt (the black one on this page) and some cable-knit tights (these) to go with them. But I'm not sure what kind of top I can pair it with, or if I should be looking now for something to buy to go with it haha. I was considering looking into either a fully button-down blouse or something turtleneck in white...? Really not sure though.
PM
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:24 AM
Esper

I shouldn't give advice since I'm usually one who needs to receive some, but I'm of the opinion that the only things that really matter in the end are colors. If the colors go well together you can hand wave everything else as your personal taste. If you have something in the same shade as the tights then go with that.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:16 AM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

I just bought a pleated skirt (the black one on this page) and some cable-knit tights (these) to go with them. But I'm not sure what kind of top I can pair it with, or if I should be looking now for something to buy to go with it haha. I was considering looking into either a fully button-down blouse or something turtleneck in white...? Really not sure though.
I'm envisioning myself wearing like a cute white collared button down with it, tucked in or not, maybe even half tucked in, and maybe a small 90's jean vest or something like this and brown leather jacket over it (see if you can get your hands on this Alexander McQueen one *_* am thinking more this, though). The oatmeal color just adds more to the pallet. I'd wear grey legwarmers over the tights and probably these boots. I don't know how you feel about that, just a winter-y idea. If you're going for something more formal, you could probably find a lovely silk cardigan button down somewhere, with a rounded collar or something and some kind of cute long necklace with megabeads to match. I understand white and "oatmeal," whatever that means, are hard to see together, though, it just depends on your taste...I see it as an addition to the pallet rather than just another shade of white. Maybe a bold turquoise button down would be more your style. Anyway, don't think you can go wrong with a button down as long as you have something to go over it, like a jacket or cardigan. Ooh, consider scarves too.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:15 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

Yeah can make sense since you're going white. Something like a pale pink or pale turquoise may also go well. For something white you may consider going with something with accents like this blouse with the black collar or sleeves?

Just a thought:
Spoiler:

or like the colour of her shorts but in a shirt since white and this bluish look nice and spring-y together!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links