The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 31st, 2012, 07:07 PM
Dragon-Tamer795

Advertise here
Hello!

Reborn is by far THE most promising Pokemon fangame I've ever seen.
...Although I haven't seen them all, of course...
I really like the darker take on the franchise and all the little details you've put in. It really shows your dedication.
What I've seen of the storyline so far is pretty awesome, but unfortunately I'm stuck inside the secret aquairium- something that the readme file claimed was fixed:/ which is kinda weird.

And also the game slows right down when I'm in view of water. I can't think why.
Can you help me out?
Keep up the totally spectacular work!

-Dragon-Tamer795

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Last edited by Dragon-Tamer795; January 1st, 2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: misspelt 'fangame'.
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:30 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Hurr durr. Yeaaaaah, do you like how the new release that was supposed to fix all these things fixed exactly none of these things?
Anyway, thank you! Let me see if I can do something about that door.

http://www.poke-place.com/poolpatch.zip
Try-a-that. Copy/paste into the Data folder. c:

Oh, about the water, um...
It could be your processor isn't strong enough to handle the changing tiles, or it could be the fact that most water is around the hidden boundaries between maps, and those boundaries tend to lag some weaker computers.. I'm afraid there isn't much I can do about that though.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:05 PM
Lucario505

I'm back, I've downloaded the 5th Beta and it fixed my earlier Masquerain problem(I'm using the non-animated verson)

Just finished the current Beta, it turned out awesome as always. The only errors I faced were exiting the Lapis Gym and the Aqua Vs. Magma sidequest when facing leader.(Both fixed thanks to the patches you provided on this thread).
There still might be an error with the Drifloon and the electric pokemon that tries to shock himself on top of a Beryl Ward roof when it's raining at night(can't help but to guess it's Elekid for some reason) sidequests though.
I found a roaming little Pichu sprite on Rooftop Garden the other day, I couldn't click on him, he kinda just walked around going through objects. He doesn't really go away, he's always on some corner of them screen if I leave and come back, I really don't mind it though, it's kinda cute having him walk around me.
The weather doesn't really change, it's been raining for the past 4 days I've been playing even thought the television has different forecasts for each day...
There seems to be 2 different wild Zubat programs/sprites Beneath the Grand Stairway B1F. Not sure if that's really a problem, just letting you know.
And I really can't see at night time in the game...

Still an amazing game as always the only thing I ask for is that there be more Pokemon variety... I've been training the same 4 Pokemon since the 3rd Gym. I mostly had to rely on my Blaziken to beat Florinia, Shelly, and Shade.
-Side note character's name is also Shade xD

My Team:
Inferno/Blaziken - lvl. 47 (powerhouse)
Boomer/Exploud - lvl. 42 (kinda thinking about letting him go)
Arsenic/Ariados - lvl. 43 (barely getting to the point where it learns any good moves)
Forrest/Pansage - lvl. 43(really want to evolve him soon)
Cascada/Sharpedo - lvl. 40(just added her after beating Shade)

Also can anyone tell me where this secret aquarium is or give me a hint? Are you guys talking about the one in the first city or is there another hidden area?

One last note- Some of you guys really need to explore this game some more, there could be a lot of things you're missing. I highly encourage you to go back and explore some areas and see if you've missed anything.

Last edited by Lucario505; January 7th, 2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Seraphimon-sama

Just finished the Gym Battle with Shade, which took three attempts. I only won because Nejibana, my Gyarados, managed to pull off a extremely lucky win against Spiritomb, meaning that I didn't have to use Tobiume, my Magby.
My current team is (all members are female):
RyujinJaka/Blaziken Lv.54 Double Kick/Brave Bird/Cut/Blaze Kick
Nejibana/Gyarados Lv.39 Twister/Ice Fang/Bite/Aqua Tail
Wabisuke/Spinda Lv.20 Tackle/Psybeam/Rock Smash/Faint Attack
Konjiki/Croagunk Lv.31 Sucker Punch/Revenge/Swagger/Mud Bomb
Gonryomaru/Emolga Lv.28 Spark/Pursuit/Electro Ball/Shock Wave
Tobiume/Magby Lv.21 Smog/Leer/Ember/SmokeScreen
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Dragon-Tamer795

That fixed it. Yippee! Thanks Amethyst!

@ Lucario: The secret pool is in lower peridot ward. Near the train station.
Hope that helps.

-Dragon-Tamer795

Last edited by Dragon-Tamer795; January 7th, 2013 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Needed to help Lucario out.
Old January 7th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Lucario505

@Dragon-Tamer795: Thanks, I thought so. I really didn't find any interesting water types when I first found it, but I guess it doesn't matter now that I have my Sharpedo

-Started training other Pokemon I've caught through out the game. Lol, why should I be limited to a 6 Pokemon team? I'm making myself an army!! xD

Does anyone have any hints on event/interaction Pokemon I may have missed? Here's what I have so far(not in order):
Igglybuff, Azurill, Pachirisu, Happiny, Skitty, Glameow, Magby*, Growlithe, Ponyta, Numel, Vulpix, Onyx, Croagunk, Scraggy*, Snubbull*, Lillipup*, Lotad*, Kricketot*, Spinda, Porygon, Ziggzagoon*, Whismur*, Carvannah*, Solrock, and Togepi.

*= Evolved
Anyone know if I'm missing any??

Last edited by Lucario505; January 12th, 2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:52 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Urp.
There's a full list of all the Pokemon currently obtainable in the game...
...I don't want to get in trouble for advertising, but...
Well, if a mod has an issue with my posting this, please feel free to remove it or ask me to do so- and I apologise.
http://www.poke-place.com/forum/inde...showtopic=2362
Judging by your list, Lucario, looks like you haven't done half-bad, though!

Sounds like your weather is sketchy though, so that's interesting that the forecast changes and the weather doesn't. There is one rainy-week, and you might have gotten that, but the forecast should only change once a week...
You're onto something with that Elekid... I recently fixed up the Drifloon thing- there was indeed an error there.
Pichu is catchable if you can find it when it's on the same building you are, but it's a sneaky little thing...
Zubat is asdf. It's a gender differences thing, methinks.

But now that Gen 6 is coming I dunno what to do with this anymore...
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Lucario505

Lol, yeah I kinda got bored and wanted to run through the game really quick before waiting for the next Beta. So for now I'll just play on my free time
As for the weather I haven't checked it in a while but it doesn't really bother me. Also I really couldn't catch it, the Pichu just walked around moving through trees and stuff when I clicked on it nothing happened o.o??

And what about Gen 6? I say you should continue the game as you originally planned it. I know you probably have a lot of fans that would hate for you to stop or postpone the project this early. It's truly a great game and I hope you continue its production :D
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:00 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

That's strange, I just double checked the event and if you find it when it's on the same building- peeking out from behind that one tree, right?- it looks okay... And any other time, you should be able to reach it. So. hm. Strange... I'll see if I can find anyone else who's had this problem.

And yeah, idk. I kind of had a mid-game crisis for no real reason for a few days, but I think I've mostly gotten over it. On one hand I feel like, what's the point of making a game like this if it isn't all-inclusive, but on the other, I know that incorporating Gen 6 may not be practical.
My asdf's were many. But I think I'll just uh, see what happens and keep working for now...
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Lucario505

It's really not a big issue, but thanks
And yeah, I understand it must be really stressful trying to incorporate everything into one game but this game is really a great concept by itself. If this audience demands more by this point, they're just getting greedy. This game doesn't have to rely on so much to get itself out there. I'm literally obsessed with finishing it after playing it this far, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Whatever is stressing you I wouldn't worry about it, people will love this game no matter what. I know you probably don't hear this enough, but thank you for all the work you've put into this, it's gonna really revolutionize many of these fan-made games in the future.
Old January 20th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Archanon
Unhatched Egg

Okay, so just picked this up and it's pretty fun. I am having a few issues however, though only one of them is major. Namely I can't leave the hidden aquarium because it makes the game crash. v.v It's slightly frustrating.

Other more general notes: It would be excellent to have a toggle for the running shoes because when you're not using them walking is really, really ungodly slow and it's annoying to have to press the z key all the time.
I'd also love if there was a way to adjust the volume of the game without having to adjust the volume of everything on my computer, even if it's just a mute option - the music is awesome but I get bored hearing the same introduction every time I end a battle/leave a building so sometimes I'd rather just mute it.
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:50 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Lucario- Thanks, that's very encouraging. Don't worry, I'm still chugging forward

Archanon- Yeah, I know about the hidden aquarium thing- actually, if you look a little bit up on this very page, I've already linked a patch to fix that though. c:
Toggle for running shoes would be nice. I'm not sure if I can arrange that myself, though.
If you hit the F1 key in game, it should bring up a menu with an option to mute. Also, if you go into your computer's volume settings and look for the mixer, you could also just turn down the volume of the program individually.
I am well aware that the main-city theme gets kinda repetitive- SO I've already started breaking it down and making theme variants for each ward.
I got y'all.
c:

could possibly have some screens of the new episode in the next week or so
Old January 20th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Archanon
Unhatched Egg

Oh, yes, I see now. For some reason I saw that and thought it was for something else, weird. Installing it now.
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:50 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Couple new screens as promised~

Should have the new episode within a couple weeks. c:
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Discord.
Not a what, but a who

Send a message via Skype™ to Discord.
love the idea of the game. may download the game tomorrow and try it out.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 02:13 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

New release is up! First post has been updated accordingly~

Enjoy~
Pokemon Reborn, Episode 6: Poison in Vein
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:49 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
This game is awesome, its really creepy how everyone says they have had or want to "have fun with me" but 'i kick all their asses, and destroyed those thugs beating up patches, and I love the designs for everyone! this game is great >w<

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:37 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Well, I've completed the new episode already. Somehow, despite RyujinJaka disobeying me a bit, I managed to pull off a devastating win against Kiki, the Fighting-Type Leader, without using any Pokemon apart from RyujinJaka.
My current team is (all members are female):

RyujinJaka/Blaziken Lv.59
Sky Uppercut, Brave Bird, Cut, Blaze Kick

Nejibana/Gyarados Lv.42
Hydro Pump, Ice Fang, Bite, Aqua Tail

Wabisuke/Spinda Lv.20
Tackle, Psybeam, Rock Smash, Faint Attack

Konjiki/Croagunk Lv.31
Sucker Punch, Revenge, Swagger, Mud Bomb

Gonryomaru/Emolga Lv.28
Spark, Pursuit, Electro Ball, Shock Wave

Tobiume Lv.21
Smog, Leer, Ember, SmokeScreen

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Last edited by Seraphimon-sama; February 4th, 2013 at 02:56 AM.
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Grunkle
Unhatched Egg

So in the factory where Fern follows you around i cant get into the elevator, i disabled the gate but when i try to get through the door nothing happens.
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:49 AM
ExtremeDonut
Unhatched Egg

I have the same problem, please help
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax

Thought you should be made aware of this small typo.
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:28 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Raven- Glad you're liking it!

Seraph- Oh, my. Well, the disobedience thing was supposed to discourage people from solo-running thing, because it's pretty inherent to the nature of Pokemon that if you only really use one, it becomes unstoppable. I think that comes with the nature of Pokemon games as a whole... Hrm. Is there a reason you only feel like using your Blaziken? Or is that just how you prefer to play?

Grunkle/Donut- I'm dumb. Sorry. I don't know how that slipped by me. I'll reupload the game when I get home, but here's a patch in the meantime.
http://www.poke-place.com/factoryfix.zip
Copy that file into the Data folder, overwriting.

Patchisou- Appreciate the thought, but I don't see a typo there. c: Julia makes up, doubles, expands, and sillifies words all the time. The 'gymgym' thing is intention, assuming that's what you're referring to.
Old February 5th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Kitkat315
Crazy Cat Lady

Nature: Naive
Really enjoying this game! Just a quick question, how do I get an Emolga? I saw one hopping on the rooftops of Jasper Ward, but couldn't figure out how to get to it. Help?
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Lucario505

I always manage to get myself trapped ><" lol, started the game yesterday, it was awesome I got up to the scene where you should be on your way to the the boat after getting the key. I decided to take a detour and check the other Wards for any updates and sidequests... Unfortunately, on my way out of Opal Ward I got challenged by a new(or rematch) trainer that I skipped, and due to my slow processor, the game crashed, saved and when I started back up I'm in the same place facing the trainer but I can't move or challenge her... Help?
-I really don't want to restart ><
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:12 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Kitkat- Hmhmhm. Emolga really likes gliding between buildings, but on windy days, the gusts mess up its usual flight pattern. That's your chance to snag it!

Lucario- Erp, that slow processor thing. So you can't move at all, but aren't cycling through the crashing battle? That would be new.
If that's so... I'll tell you what, see if you can upload the save file somewhere, and PM me the link. If I can fix that for you, I'll just send it back to you saved in somewhere that doesn't freeze.
If it is doing the usual freeze-save-crash-load-reneter battle-freeze again loop... Usually that's when somebody is using Animated Sprites and their computer can't keep up. If that's the case, try switching to the static sprites.

Oh! I also made a page showing which Pokemon are in the game so far. I edited the first post with it, but you can check it out here!

Last edited by AmethystRain; February 5th, 2013 at 05:24 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here