The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 31st, 2012, 12:51 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Happy New Year!

You know what this means? It's time for the 2013 Yearly Quest!

As we all know, the world ended on December 21st, 2012, causing a zombie apocalypse. Millions of people must survive to beat the zombies, generations must band together...that's right, you need to bond with many generations of shinies!

Objectives:

1) Obtain a 1st gen shiny
2) Obtain a 2nd gen shiny
3) Obtain a 3rd gen shiny
4) Obtain a 4th gen shiny
5) Obtain a 5th gen shiny
6) Complete any two Monthly Quests throughout the 2013 year

These can be done in any order. The shinies must be obtained by yourself, and no chaining or hacking is allowed. Have fun!

The standard weighting is in place: it's fine if you use the shiny charm for your 5th gen shiny, but you'll have to get 3 of them!

The January Monthly Quest!!

It's time for the New Year! As we welcome the baby New Year for 2013, may we welcome him with baby shiny Pokemon!

Capture any 2 shiny baby Pokemon! This includes Magby, Elekid, Bonsly, etc., as well as Togepi!

The contest lasts until midnight EST on February 1st, 2013.

Good luck and have fun!

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO CHR. DRACO AND ARCEUS WHISPER FOR COMPLETING THE FIRST ANNUAL SHC YEARLY QUEST!

--------------------------------------

I haven't posted in nearly a month, so I'm just going to give a general congrats to everyone who got shinies and welcome all the new members to the club! May 2013 yield many more shinies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PekoponTAS View Post
I tried to take a picture, but it turned out really blurry.
Good thing we don't have anyone who posts blurry pictures in this club...that would just be terrible! (Although it's been so long since I've gotten a shiny, most people probably won't get the joke, "lol!")

Keep hunting and may the shiny Poochyena be a blessing of good things to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatIceman View Post
Guys listen the way i get alot of shinys fast is very simple .. i already got shinys in other games i own so i trade them to only 1 game pokemon emerald oh and btw i did RNG them and i used a method it is : get 2 shinys 1 male 1 female different species and different id number but same OT and 1 Japanese [female] and other from USA or EUR [male] and make them breed on a crystal japanese version thats all oh and you must have in your team a pokemon above level 50 with flamebody and a shiny pokemon [female] in the party and put it next to that egg and thats all and wala! you get the pokemon you want and it will be shiny with a 80% chance and if you RNGed them you have a 90% chance of getting shiny

i am dieing to get a heracross i will start hunting it NOW btw i meant i am hunting it since the morning
Um...I don't think that's totally right. Emerald's RNG definitely is broken, but the way you described... You say that you need Crystal Version for your method, but a lot of the shinies in your sig are 3rd gen, so you couldn't have gotten them all that way! Crystal isn't compatible with advanced gen games, the level of the Pokemon doesn't matter, the location of the egg in your party doesn't matter, I've never heard the 80%-90% thing... Could you please be a little bit more clear about what you're doing? If you're RNGing for shinies, that's fine, but please don't lie to us! We know you can't get shinies from Emerald onto Crystal.

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 7/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18

Last edited by G-Money; December 31st, 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:43 PM
~CreamyChoco~
Happy new year to everyone

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~CreamyChoco~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~CreamyChoco~
Hello may i join your club?
I am new to this Forum and i really want to join some clubs oh and i only have Pokemon Silver and Pokemon Emerald that my cousin gave me for Christmas

Shines i caught
Old December 31st, 2012, 11:14 PM
Wandering~Leaf
-Mordor and Eldar Supporter :3

Nature: Modest
Well, here's to a new year. I wish good luck for everyone on their hunts!

"Now the Elves made many rings; but secretly Sauron made One Ring to rule all the others, and their power was bound up with it, to be subject wholly to it and to last only so long as it too should last."
Old December 31st, 2012, 11:38 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Happy New Year! May 2013 bring lots of shinies to us all!

Welcome to the club, ~CreamyChoco~!

I'm still stuck on Marvelous Bridge. I've been trying to catch a Cresselia with a Bold nature. I keep on getting Rash and Lonely natures. It's taken a month.
Old January 1st, 2013, 02:53 AM
~CreamyChoco~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~CreamyChoco~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~CreamyChoco~
I just caught a shiny Marill in the wild and i recorded it in fact i recorded for 3 hours to get a shiny and after i encountered it i cut some of the video parts so i can upload it on youtube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-AsCUqiab4

Shines i caught

Last edited by ~CreamyChoco~; January 1st, 2013 at 05:13 AM.
Old January 1st, 2013, 04:20 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering~Leaf View Post
@Eevee: A Shiny card? Do you mean that box with the shinies in your signature?
Yeah, sorry for the late reply lol, but that is what I meant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
See, from Gen III onward, Pokemon shininess is determined by your Trainer ID, a hidden ID, and the nature of the Pokemon. The Pokemon isn't set as "your" Pokemon until after you watch the hatching animation. So it could show as shiny during the animation, but afterward it becomes a normal one, once you're its trainer.

Now I need to get my national dex for that Eevee.
Oh, no, I'm not sure where you heard that information but it's actually set as "your" pokemon once you receive your egg. That's the reason why you can't take the steps until just before the egg hatches, hatch it and SR if not shiny! Either way, hope you get luck with whatever you hunt! ;D

Welcome to all the new members too, and may 2013 bring many shinies for us all!
Personally I'm gonna take a break from SRing and level up my shiny Snivy while I hatch some masuda eggs. Guess it'll be a secret target since I have no clue what I'll be hatching yet, and I'll throw away this hunt if it doesn't get anything soon so I can go back to SRing xD

EDIT: Trained it up to a Serperior (finally), got 40 eggs done but nothing, so I'll just go back to SRing my other hunts. Good luck everyone!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; January 1st, 2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old January 1st, 2013, 04:22 AM
~CreamyChoco~

Huh.. weird? D: no one saw my video yet

Shines i caught
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:24 AM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

hi everyone, happy new year.
congrats on any new catches.
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:54 AM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Nature: Naive
Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping we can find some shiny Pokemon this year. I swear I'm going to find a shiny in Viridian Forest this year if it kills me. XD I'm anxious to catch a shiny so I can show off the cool Game Boy Advance I use for shiny hunting. ; )
Old January 1st, 2013, 11:42 AM
~CreamyChoco~

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Shines i caught
Old January 1st, 2013, 12:28 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Well, it's a wrap for me.

I recently sold all my Pokemon games. Every last one. My interest has truly been declining in Pokemon since I was a junior in high school. Now that I'm in a college, I just have more important things to focus on.

It's been real, guys and gals. I doubt I'll be coming on here or other Pokemon sites in the future.

Peace.

*hangs up shiny hunting cape*

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old January 1st, 2013, 06:04 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Congrats on the shiny Marill, ~CreamyChoco~!

Good luck with college and beyond, It's Just Fufu! It was nice knowing you. I know what it's like losing interest. I lost interest for a couple of years before news of gen 5 broke.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:12 AM
NightOfRemorse
my anxieties have anxieties

Nature: Lonely
Congrats on all the new shinies and welcome to the new members! OH and Happy New Year everyone! It's finally 2013 yay :]

Take care, Fufu! Even though I didn't know you very well, it's still sad to see you go. But y'know, you gotta do what you gotta do!

Alright guys, so I actually sped through Diamond like I said I would so I'm now SRing for shiny Dialga. I've only done 2,000 SRs so far so I'm not surprised that it hasn't shown yet. I practiced catching it with normal Dialga, and I can't get over the fact that its high catch rate pretty much guarantees that I will have a shiny Dialga in a pokéball. XD

Bummer that I didn't hatch Bonsly in time for the December Quest, but since it will also be apart of the baby New Year thing for this month, I shall continue hatching them! Woo.

EDIT: Oh my gosh I just realized that my shiny Azurill could've worked for this too lol darn. Oh well.

EDIT2: NO I totally meant to say 'It's finally 2013' not 2012 -___- *fixes* I really should go to bed now, bye guys.
I stay away
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:15 AM
~CreamyChoco~

i am bored i have been trying to get a shiny heracross for 1 day and a half and i am Tired

Guys i went today to a Mall in Egypt and i found on a Shelf a copy of Pokemon Firered WITH 10 Pounds!!! and i had like 100 pound so i bought it and i started to play it and it is original and nice i tried to get some shines but i failed X.X it is hard lol even tho.. i am happy with my shiny marill in emerald i hope i can trade it from Emerald to Firered but i think you need to do a mission on Emerald or something to be able to do so? any way if thats right then tell me what is that mission well anyway i will continue playing Firered for now so i can complete it i completed Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Emerald and now it is the time for Completing Pokemon Firered oh and by the way my Cousin had 2 copies of Pokemon Black and when i saw it i was like *oh my god!!!* and he wanted to sell it for 110 pounds and i had 90 pounds only i gave him the 90 pound and i am now saving to get more money for it wish me luck on my hunts and on that copy

Shines i caught

Last edited by ~CreamyChoco~; January 2nd, 2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:32 PM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Fufu View Post
Well, it's a wrap for me.

I recently sold all my Pokemon games. Every last one. My interest has truly been declining in Pokemon since I was a junior in high school. Now that I'm in a college, I just have more important things to focus on.

It's been real, guys and gals. I doubt I'll be coming on here or other Pokemon sites in the future.

Peace.

*hangs up shiny hunting cape*
It was good to have you here; take care and good luck with college.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:35 PM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

I've tried googling this and can't seem to find it. Which trainers in the ruby/sapphire battle tower have shinies? I seem to remember seeing that there are certain trainers in there that always have shinies.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:19 AM
Arlo~
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Arlo~
Still no shinies for me.

I need a shiny charm D:

My current White 2 team
Old January 3rd, 2013, 07:15 AM
TheShinyEevee

@Fufu - It was nice knowing you! Good luck in everything you do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOfRemorse View Post
Alright guys, so I actually sped through Diamond like I said I would so I'm now SRing for shiny Dialga. I've only done 2,000 SRs so far so I'm not surprised that it hasn't shown yet. I practiced catching it with normal Dialga, and I can't get over the fact that its high catch rate pretty much guarantees that I will have a shiny Dialga in a pokéball. XD
I was unaware of this... so I tried it out and caught it in one pokeball at full health. O_O Thanks for that XD

Quick hunts update 'cause why not...
Received my Soulsilver in the post today, so I started hunting starters. Gonna do a soulsilver badge quest along with my Ruby one, so yeah!
Dialga: 1625 SRs
Kyurem: 6860 SRs
Johto starters: 700 Starters seen
Treecko: 17,000 SRs
Yay.. xD

Happy new year everyone!

Felt like doing some more userbars! Feel free to use them, as always...

Link: http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/446/donen.gif

Link: http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/826/doneu.gif

http://imageshack.us/a/img839/2060/waterro.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/1030/firegx.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/7092/grassf.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img713/1880/test4a.gif

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; January 3rd, 2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:38 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CreamyChoco~ View Post
i am bored i have been trying to get a shiny heracross for 1 day and a half and i am Tired

Guys i went today to a Mall in Egypt and i found on a Shelf a copy of Pokemon Firered WITH 10 Pounds!!! and i had like 100 pound so i bought it and i started to play it and it is original and nice i tried to get some shines but i failed X.X it is hard lol even tho.. i am happy with my shiny marill in emerald i hope i can trade it from Emerald to Firered but i think you need to do a mission on Emerald or something to be able to do so? any way if thats right then tell me what is that mission well anyway i will continue playing Firered for now so i can complete it i completed Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Emerald and now it is the time for Completing Pokemon Firered oh and by the way my Cousin had 2 copies of Pokemon Black and when i saw it i was like *oh my god!!!* and he wanted to sell it for 110 pounds and i had 90 pounds only i gave him the 90 pound and i am now saving to get more money for it wish me luck on my hunts and on that copy
Punctuation. Use it. Please.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:06 AM
~CreamyChoco~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratizard View Post
Punctuation. Use it. Please.
Ok I will try to.
Sorry I am just have a bad Grammar.

Guys check out my Cousin's Pokemon Emerald.
He have been playing it for 4 years and finally he completed his Collection!
Here is the video he also owns Pokemon Leafgreen / Firered [The two games] and he completed them and traded them to Pokemon Emerald! I was amazed! and I felt sorry for my self because I only had a shiny Marill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUC2A6TQ6e0

I just saw a Pokemon Best Wishes Season 16 Episode 9 Goodbye junior cub and hello adventure.
After i was bored from Pokemon Emerald after my false a temp to get a shiny Pokemon @_@

Shines i caught

Last edited by ~CreamyChoco~; January 3rd, 2013 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:39 PM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

HUZZAH!!! I finally got my first shiny that I've actively looked for, and it's also my first ever shiny starter! STANLEY! THE GOLDEN TORCHIC!

I'm totally playing through Sapphire with this guy, but there's no way I'm evolving it. He's going to stay a cute little baby chick the whole game, regardless of how useful he ends up being. Was really happy I got a Serious nature too since I like the natures that don't modify stats. (serious, quirky, etc.)

This is what I was hunting for him on.

It's my old DS Lite, but just the bottom screen. My DS Lite had a broken top screen, so I set the gba to always appear on the bottom, and detached the top screen completely, and you have an amazing GBA. Only issue is you NEED headphones to hear the sound. I call it the "Nintendo BS" XD

I'm super happy I finally got this guy. Not sure where I'll hunt next, but I'll definitely keep hunting exclusively on Sapphire. Now that I've got a shiny starter, the hunt can REALLY begin. : )
Old January 3rd, 2013, 04:29 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Congratulations on the shiny Torchic!

I've been slacking on soft resetting for my Gen II starter. I started up today after days of abandoning it. I have less ambition to find a shiny, though, considering my new games have every single shiny (including Arceus and Celebi) on it. T:

@TSE-
Oh? Thanks, I guess I'll keep hunting via MM then. (:
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:13 PM
TheShinyEevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PekoponTAS View Post
HUZZAH!!! I finally got my first shiny that I've actively looked for, and it's also my first ever shiny starter! STANLEY! THE GOLDEN TORCHIC!

I'm totally playing through Sapphire with this guy, but there's no way I'm evolving it. He's going to stay a cute little baby chick the whole game, regardless of how useful he ends up being. Was really happy I got a Serious nature too since I like the natures that don't modify stats. (serious, quirky, etc.)

This is what I was hunting for him on.

It's my old DS Lite, but just the bottom screen. My DS Lite had a broken top screen, so I set the gba to always appear on the bottom, and detached the top screen completely, and you have an amazing GBA. Only issue is you NEED headphones to hear the sound. I call it the "Nintendo BS" XD

I'm super happy I finally got this guy. Not sure where I'll hunt next, but I'll definitely keep hunting exclusively on Sapphire. Now that I've got a shiny starter, the hunt can REALLY begin. : )
WOAH! Congratulations! :D

I hate to post again so soon... But I have news too!
So, I got my Soulsilver in the post today and throughout the day I did 433 SRs. It got to time to go to bed, and I couldn't sleep, so I played catch with my sister after my friend on Facebook went to bed too. As I played, I did some light resets on the side, since I had my phone which has a fairly good camera, and a calculator to count. I said to my sister, "How cool would it be if I got a shiny now?!". Then she started to read, and I SRed some more, and told her to let me know when it got to 2am so I could force myself to go to sleep.

10 minutes later, who but shiny chikorita graced my screen?!? I loudly whispered, "SHINY! SHINY!" which I'd pretendded to do earlier, so my sister went "Sureeee..." lol! SO excited! In comparison to this I literally didn't react to zapdos haha!

Tl;dr I got a shiny chikorita while supposed to be asleep!

Pictures tomorrow (today actually haha). For now I'm going to hardcore RE train. Who knows if I'll get another shiny...? :D

EDIT:

@~CreamyChoco~
Sorry, somehow I forgot to mention and thought I had lol, but congrats on your Marril! I did watch and "like" your video It looks very pretty green! :D

Pictures:
Spoiler:

Lonely natured! He took 1,554 total pokemon seen (423 SRs!)

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; January 4th, 2013 at 02:53 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:24 PM
ThatSuperHappyCloud
Cloud

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CreamyChoco~ View Post
Huh.. weird? D: no one saw my video yet

I just watched it, nice job

http://www.youtube.com/user/JrLxGaming?feature=mhee

signature and avatar made by me
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:45 PM
~CreamyChoco~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSuperHappyCloud View Post
I just watched it, nice job
Yay! thank you very much for commenting on my video and also replying to my post in the club! :D

Shines i caught
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here