Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help
Reload this Page [Gen V] Hail team rating.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old December 25th, 2012 (12:34 PM). Edited December 25th, 2012 by Satycorn89.

Hi everyone!
I have bred and am ready to train the Pokemon for my newest Hail Team and I'd really appreciate your help and suggestions to make this team as good as I can. I will be playing double battles only and I do not intend to use legendaries, so please do not suggest any.
Here it comes:

1.Abomasnow, Snow Warning
Sassy Nature, @Leftovers
EVs:252HP, 172Def, 84SPDef
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Wood Hammer
-Blizzard

2.WALLrein, Ice Body
Bold Nature, @Leftovers
EVs: 220HP, 244Def, 46Sp Def.
-Substitute
-Protect
-Roar
-Surf/Blizzard/Toxic (Which one, this is killing me!?)

3.Froslass, Snow Cloak
Timid Nature, @Focus Sash
-Blizzard
-Shadow Ball
-Substitute
-Spikes/Taunt

4.Weavile, Pressure
Jolly Nature, @Expert Belt
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Fake Out
-Night Slash
-Ice Punch
-Low Kick

5.Chandelure, Flash Fire
Timid Nature, @Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Substitute
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Pain Split

6.Lucario, Inner Focus
Jolly Nature, @Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick (You would say why HJK, but IDK, the loss in Def, SpDEF from Close Combat terrifies me..)
-Crunch
-Extremespeed
-Detect/Ice Punch

Now, to the part that really makes me nervous, "arranging" the Pokemon during the gameplay.
Most of the guides I've read online, were about single battles, but the fact that me and my friends will be playing double battles really shut me down. Can you please give me any ideas about how should I arrange my Pokemon, which Pokemon should play with which, especially, the WALLrein? That guy is the thing I worried the most about, which would be his best "teammate"?
Thank you!

EDIT: I have just noticed that I don't have any coverage against Fighting ...
Would it be okay if I replace Abomasnow's Blizzard with Earthquake??

Pokemon White Friend Code: 4213 2543 6289
Old December 25th, 2012 (01:47 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
If you don't have Toxic anywhere else on the team, put it on Walrein to make the stalls quicker. The last slot now boils down to Blizzard or Surf. The EV spread should be 252 HP/108 Def/148 Spe.

Pursuit has better utility than Fake Out on Weavile, as it lets it hit fleeing Ghosts/Psychics. Life Orb or Choice Band is also the preferred item.

Chandelure is better off with a Choice item in hail teams, as its main purpose on the team is to absorb Fire moves aimed at your normally Fire-weak 'mons, then firing off strong Fire Blasts.

Tentacruel is worth considering on the team, since not only does it resist Ice, it also resists Fighting, which also plagues Hail teams:
-Scald
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic/Toxic Spikes
-Giga Drain/Blizzard/Sludge Bomb/Protect
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/236 Def/20 Spe
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish

Old December 25th, 2012 (02:25 PM).

Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
If you don't have Toxic anywhere else on the team, put it on Walrein to make the stalls quicker. The last slot now boils down to Blizzard or Surf. The EV spread should be 252 HP/108 Def/148 Spe.

Pursuit has better utility than Fake Out on Weavile, as it lets it hit fleeing Ghosts/Psychics. Life Orb or Choice Band is also the preferred item.

Chandelure is better off with a Choice item in hail teams, as its main purpose on the team is to absorb Fire moves aimed at your normally Fire-weak 'mons, then firing off strong Fire Blasts.

Tentacruel is worth considering on the team, since not only does it resist Ice, it also resists Fighting, which also plagues Hail teams:
-Scald
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic/Toxic Spikes
-Giga Drain/Blizzard/Sludge Bomb/Protect
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/236 Def/20 Spe
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
Hmm, I see, Walrein with Toxic would be rather annoying.
I am not sure which Pokemon should be removed for Tentacruel, but however, would you recommend Sludge Wave instead of Sludge Bomb? It has 5 more base points lol.

Pokemon White Friend Code: 4213 2543 6289
Old December 27th, 2012 (06:53 PM).
Die Deutschtrainer

If I were to bring in Ninetales, and wipe out your Abomasnow, or in general wipe out your Abomasnow and set a different weather condition, you couldn't re-obtain the weather. I suggest adding Hail to WALLrein or maybe Froslass.
Old January 1st, 2013 (07:43 AM).
metaphysical poet

Nature: Sassy
Nothing on this team can really switch in on Terrakion and Heatran with Lava Plume and Earth Power could cause some problems.

You dont need a ton of Ice types for a hail team to work, just maybe 1 or 2 [Abomasnow and someone who can abuse hail] and then Pokemon that can beat Pokemon that are normally seen as counters to hail [like Heatran or a pokemon that lays hazards, especially stealth rock]

I'm going to suggest putting a Skarmory over Froslass since it can take fighting attacks that hurt the team and still lays spikes [and you retain Chandelure to block rapid spin]

Skarmory @ Leftovers
252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
Brave Bird
Spikes
Roost
Whirlwind

Also you might want to try a Scarf on Abomasnow

Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Hasty Nature
Blizzard
Grass Knot / Wood Hammer
Hidden Power Fire
Earthquake

It can trick Pokemon that would normally attack [like fire types] and remove them to make it easier for the rest of your team. Also I'd put Surf on WALLrein to fend off fire types since it is your best defense against them.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links