The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 4th, 2012, 12:02 PM
GenSmit
Unhatched Egg

So I have officially become confused.

I have been playing Pokemon Emerald on my phone using the MyBoy emulator and decided that I wanted to trade a few pokemon so I went on my computer, got the save file off of the phone and used No$GBA to trade a few starters into that gamefile. Now I'm trying to put the save file back onto my phone so I can play it with the new starters and all.

Here's the problem: When I put the save file back onto my phone and open up the rom it doesnn't recognize that the save file even exists. I placed it with the same file extension and file name as before in the same directory as the rom, but the rom just acts like there isn't a save file there. Is there anything I can do to fix this or can MyBoy just not recognize the save data?
Old December 4th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenSmit View Post
So I have officially become confused.

I have been playing Pokemon Emerald on my phone using the MyBoy emulator and decided that I wanted to trade a few pokemon so I went on my computer, got the save file off of the phone and used No$GBA to trade a few starters into that gamefile. Now I'm trying to put the save file back onto my phone so I can play it with the new starters and all.

Here's the problem: When I put the save file back onto my phone and open up the rom it doesnn't recognize that the save file even exists. I placed it with the same file extension and file name as before in the same directory as the rom, but the rom just acts like there isn't a save file there. Is there anything I can do to fix this or can MyBoy just not recognize the save data?
My Boy is written in a different language to NO$GBA, they both handle data differently.
My Boy also makes 3 different files (instead of 1) when running a GBA game. The main save file (.SAV), another save file and then an image.
I'm not sure what the other 2 files are for but they seem to be needed when loading the main save.
I'm not sure how to fix this but you are properly better off asking the dev of My Boy for some answers.
His email is on the Play Store.

Old December 5th, 2012, 09:40 PM
-
Call me Dash.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to -
Any ds emulators that let you use a jailbroken apple device as a bottom touch screen and then use your monitor / keyboard as top screen and button input?
Old December 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM
swillomnibus
Unhatched Egg

Hi all, I want to play pokemon snakewood so downloaded the IPS file, but what else do I need to play it etc?

Sorry but new tho this!

Cheers,
Steve
Old December 7th, 2012, 03:50 PM
-
Call me Dash.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to -
Quote:
Originally Posted by swillomnibus View Post
Hi all, I want to play pokemon snakewood so downloaded the IPS file, but what else do I need to play it etc?

Sorry but new tho this!

Cheers,
Steve
You're going to need an IPS patcher (I use LIPS(Lunar IPS) I can't provide a link, just google it.) And a rom of the original game. Basically you run the patcher and patch the original game with the IPS. That will yield a patched rom of Pokemon Snakewood. Run the rom through an emulator to play.
Old December 7th, 2012, 04:18 PM
swillomnibus
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by - View Post
You're going to need an IPS patcher (I use LIPS(Lunar IPS) I can't provide a link, just google it.) And a rom of the original game. Basically you run the patcher and patch the original game with the IPS. That will yield a patched rom of Pokemon Snakewood. Run the rom through an emulator to play.

Awesome cheers for that.

But at the moment i've downloaded snakewood from this site and found Lunar IPS.

So basically I need an original version of the game (which oneruby/sapphire) and then apply the snakewood to the original via the lunar IPS I take it then?

If so, can I get the original file from this site?

Thank you again
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swillomnibus View Post
Awesome cheers for that.

But at the moment i've downloaded snakewood from this site and found Lunar IPS.

So basically I need an original version of the game (which oneruby/sapphire) and then apply the snakewood to the original via the lunar IPS I take it then?

If so, can I get the original file from this site?

Thank you again
Lunar IPS is the commonly used one.

Yes, You download the version the game was created on (Which is Ruby), Load Lunar IPS, Select the IPS file, then the ROM, then you patch =]

We are not allowed to post links to ROM's (Forum rules).

Google is your friend.

Last edited by Nate VonGrimm; December 7th, 2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old December 8th, 2012, 01:02 AM
swillomnibus
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate VonGrimm View Post
Lunar IPS is the commonly used one.

Yes, You download the version the game was created on (Which is Ruby), Load Lunar IPS, Select the IPS file, then the ROM, then you patch =]

We are not allowed to post links to ROM's (Forum rules).

Google is your friend.
Awesome thank you so much, i've cracked it
Old December 8th, 2012, 02:26 PM
KyX
Unhatched Egg

Does someone know if it's possible to make a AR code for BW2 to always get double wild battles?
I've searched a lot in google but couldn't find anything.
Old December 9th, 2012, 07:16 AM
cfx90
Unhatched Egg

I've searched and searched and searched for a Evolution Editor, and found a couple (like from 2008) but they don't work for whatever reason. All I'm after is a way to evolve trade Pokemon (Alakazam, Golem, Gengar, Machamp) in FR/LG while playing on VBA. I used to have a program that let you change it so they evolve at a level instead of by trade. It had an Eevee as the program icon. The program Pokemon Editor seems to be what I want BUT keeps giving me an error (InvalidArguement=Value of '15' is not valid for 'index'.) and wound up giving me a white screen when I load my game.

Help!? A method of trading or a editor to change the trade requirement would be great...
Old December 9th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Craver
I'm From WAH!

Nature: Quirky
I have problems with Sappy mod 17.1. I've installed correctly (first version 2006 and then replacing it with the mod 17.1) I have Windows 7 Enterprise x86 and is updated to the day of the date. The problem is that when I run the application doesn't open. And if I drag the ROM. Gba to sappy, opens correctly, but if I want to file assembly. S, sappy closes saying "sappy 2006 has stopped working" HELP!!
Old December 9th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Try finding an older sappy 2006 installer, then run it and install Sappy 2006. It'll register some files in the registry that it requires to run.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old December 9th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Craver
I'm From WAH!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Try finding an older sappy 2006 installer, then run it and install Sappy 2006. It'll register some files in the registry that it requires to run.
IF you want i'll show you a video. i'm doing exactly that you say but nothing happens. Anyway i'll do it again
Old January 1st, 2013, 03:23 PM
BXisAWOL
Unhatched Egg

Hey guys I'm just getting into Pokemulation and I'm trying to play Soul Silver but I heard it was bugged unless you have a patch. Can anyone give me more info on this? Or just how to play it correctly and what emulator to use?
Old January 1st, 2013, 04:35 PM
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXisAWOL View Post
Hey guys I'm just getting into Pokemulation and I'm trying to play Soul Silver but I heard it was bugged unless you have a patch. Can anyone give me more info on this? Or just how to play it correctly and what emulator to use?
It's not bugged. It's full of pirate checks which causes the game to crash due to being emulated. The patch simply freezes these pirate checks so that it doesn't cause any crashes.
As far as I know, you have to use No$GBA for the patch to work.
If it works for DeSmuME, Can someone confirm this please?

Old January 1st, 2013, 04:46 PM
VERGUNDAI
RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
It's not bugged. It's full of pirate checks which causes the game to crash due to being emulated. The patch simply freezes these pirate checks so that it doesn't cause any crashes.
It works fine on the latest Desmume, I've played the entire rom without any crashes or errors.
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:40 PM
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERGUNDAI View Post
It works fine on the latest Desmume, I've played the entire rom without any crashes or errors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXisAWOL View Post
Quote:
Thanks VERGUNDAI for the confirmation.

BXisAWOL, You can use either No$GBA or DeSmuME with a patched Soul Silver.
You should be able to find the patch through Google.

Old January 1st, 2013, 11:36 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
As VERGUNDAI confirmed, play on DeSmuME isn't problematic, but don't try AR freeze fixes or something, that only makes more bugs.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:03 AM
BXisAWOL
Unhatched Egg

ok thanks for the help guys
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:36 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
Hey all, I've just downloaded an official GBA Video ROM containing 2 episodes of Pokemon, I tried to run it on PSP on the gPSP emulator but it's lagging and the sound is slow making the episodes impossible to watch. Is there anything I can do in the configuration to make it play normally? Any help is appreciated
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
Hey all, I've just downloaded an official GBA Video ROM containing 2 episodes of Pokemon, I tried to run it on PSP on the gPSP emulator but it's lagging and the sound is slow making the episodes impossible to watch. Is there anything I can do in the configuration to make it play normally? Any help is appreciated
Have you tried VBA on PC if it's actually working?
The PSP emulation of GBA isn't that good... that might also be a reason.

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:00 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
It works well on PC, but I'm sure there's something that could fix it on PSP;
For example I was able to play Pokemon hacks uploaded here after I changed something in the gPSP configuration file, there could be a similar solution for my ROM?
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:52 AM
goukazaru
Unhatched Egg

Is there a way to trade or battle in 4th gen games in no$gba using double screen? the game freezes when i try.
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goukazaru View Post
Is there a way to trade or battle in 4th gen games in no$gba using double screen? the game freezes when i try.
Of course, it's not possible with No$GBA, it is probably possible with DeSmuME.

Old January 11th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Daryan001
Unhatched Egg

I dont need any links or anything special i just need to know how i can get a ups or ips to a gba gb or anything like that. none of the files are working..
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links