The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 30th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Technician
i was a teenage anarchist

Nature: Modest
Update!

Rules:
1) You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
2) A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
3) You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
4) Dupes Clause is OFF.
5) Challenge starts once I receive Pokeballs.

Progress:
Spoiler:
- Got the Poketch and delivered the parcel to Markus.
- Headed north to Route 204 and found a wild Shinx. Caught it and named it Crush (from Crushcrushcrush by Paramore).
- Heading east now onto Route 203, I ran into Markus who challenged me to another battle. Crush and Sticks took care of Starly and Turtwig easily. After going back to heal, I went into the grass and found another Bidoof, but I didn't really want or need it, so I killed it for some experience.
- While grinding, I lost Bob to a random Starly. RIP Bob.
- I finally made it to Oreburgh Gate, and a Hiker dude gave me HM06 Rock Smash.
- My wild encounter for Oreburgh Gate was a Zubat, which I caught and named Garands (from Young the Giant).
- After healing up, I headed into Oreburgh Mine, and I found a Geodude. I caught it and named it Zero (from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs).
- I spent a lot of time grinding so that Sticks could evolve, then I went to take on Roark.
- So Sticks handled Geodude and Onix easily, then I got set to take on Cranidos. Bubble should have been a 2HKO but Roark used a Potion so it ended up being a 3HKO. Easily done. Coal Badge received! I also got TM76 Stealth Rock.

Team:
Spoiler:

Sticks the Prinplup
Level 17
@No Item
Pound, Metal Claw, Bubble, Peck

Crush the Shinx
Level 12
@No Item
Tackle, Leer, Charge

Garands the Zubat
Level 9
@No Item
Leech Life, Supersonic, Astonish

Chaos the Bidoof
Level 3
@No Item
Tackle

Boxed:
Spoiler:
Zero the Geodude Level 5

Deaths:
Spoiler:
Bob the Bidoof Level 5

Current: Emerald (ON HIATUS)

Single Monotype Challenge: Fighting
Yellow
Old December 30th, 2012, 09:59 PM
ShinyHoundoom
Houndoom Fan

Nature: Hasty
I can't continue with this challenge. Platinum is a hard game to play normally let alone nuzlocke. It's driving me up a wall and I was probably going to lose at Fantina anyway.

None

Completed Challenges
Fire Red

Cerberus the Houndoom Solo Challenge Fire Red
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:43 AM
Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHoundoom View Post
I can't continue with this challenge. Platinum is a hard game to play normally let alone nuzlocke. It's driving me up a wall and I was probably going to lose at Fantina anyway.
It's funny you say that, really. My next Platinum update is a rough one for me. With that said...

Rules:
2) A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
4) Dupes Clause is OFF.

Progress:
Spoiler:
- Made it back to Jubilife City where Looker stopped me and chatted for a few seconds. After healing, I taught Return to Crush since he was lacking a better move than Tackle. Then I headed north to Route 204.
- Just before Route 204, some Galactic guys were harassing Rowan and Dawn, so it was up to me and Dawn to go up against them and fight.
- They used Stunky and Glameow, Dawn used Chimchar, and I used Crush. Chimchar's Ember and Crush's Return worked well to take them both down.
- I entered Ravaged Path and found a Psyduck. I caught it and named it Songbird (from Oasis).
- Out the other side of Route 204, I found some more grass and some trainers to battle.
- I made it up to Floaroma Town, healed, then headed east to Route 205. A girl stopped me and mentioned her father being locked in the Valley Windworks, so I headed that way and saw a Galactic Grunt. He challenged me to a fight, but all he had was a Glameow. But this cat kept putting me to sleep, wow annoying. He ended up telling me that the key for the Windworks actually was somewhere else, so I had to go find it.
- So I headed back to Floaroma Town and then north to the meadow where I had to fight two more Galactic Grunts. Following that, Crush evolved!
- I got the Windworks Key, so I headed back and unlocked the door. Inside, there were a few Galactic Grunts to take out, but they were no problem for my team.
- After going back to heal, I took on Commander Mars. Her Zubat was easy for Crush, but her Purugly was a bit tough. Sticks ended up getting a crit on the last move though to knock it out. After that, the Galactics fled.
- I went through the Windworks grass for the first time and found a Pachirisu. I didn't really need it, but I figured it's nice to have, so I caught it and named it Centerfold (from Against Me!)
- Onto Route 205, I ran into a wild Shellos which I caught and named Parallel (from Bad Religion).
- I then fought a Camper with a Ponyta who OHKO'd Garands on the first turn. RIP Garands
- AND THEN I fought a girl with a Roselia who crit'd Crush with a Mega Drain, so that's two Pokemon lost on this route. Awful.
- I made it up to Eterna Forest and ran into Cheryl, who teamed up with me to get through the forest. My first encounter was actually a double battle featuring a Buneary and a Gastly. So I knocked out the Buneary and caught the Gastly, somewhat making up for losing Crush earlier. I named the Gastly Sure Shot (from the Beastie Boys).
- There was a double battle in the forest that I lost Centerfold in…
- I finally made it to the end of the forest and back out onto Route 205, and then to Eterna City.
- I am now grinding to face Gardenia.

Team:
Spoiler:

Sticks the Prinplup
Level 22
@No Item
Pound, Metal Claw, Bubblebeam, Peck

Sure Shot the Gastly
Level 21
@No Item
Lick, Confuse Ray, Night Shade, Curse

Songbird the Psyduck
Level 10
@No Item
Water Sport, Scratch, Tail Whip, Water Gun

Chaos the Bidoof
Level 3
@No Item
Tackle

Boxed:
Spoiler:
Zero the Geodude Level 5
Parallel the Shellos Level 11

Deaths:
Spoiler:
Bob the Bidoof Level 5
Garands the Zubat Level 11
Crush the Luxio Level 16
Centerfold the Pachirisu Level 10

Yellow
Old January 1st, 2013, 12:42 PM
DelightedTurk
Hipsterest Hypno in the land

Nature: Calm
Going to give Sapphire a run-through using Nuzlocke rules but I'm going to use a randomizer to make it interesting, expect an update soon.
Old January 1st, 2013, 04:32 PM
Technician

Time for another update. Happy New Years everyone!

Rules:
4) Dupes Clause is OFF.

Progress:
Spoiler:
- Went to Route 211 and tried to catch a Machop, but it fainted…
- Finally grinded Sure Shot up to evolve into Haunter, then traded with my other DS to evolve it into Gengar!
- So with my newly evolved Gengar, I went to take on Gardenia. And wow, Gengar is powerful! Sure Shot took out Turtwig with a crit Shadow Punch, then got a ton of confusion hax on Cherrim before knocking it out. Finally, Roserade. I was able to break out of paralysis thanks to my Cheri Berry, then got off some Shadow Punches before Roserade knocked itself out in confusion. Got the Forest Badge!
- Now that I can use Cut, I headed north to the Galactic building and battled a bunch of Grunts.
- While battling through the building, I lost Sticks to a stupid Kadabra that got a crit TWICE. Ridiculous. Good thing I'm training up Songbird then I guess… I'll also start training up Parallel too.
- Took a break from the Galactic building after that and went back to Eterna Forest to explore the Old Chateau. There, I found another Gastly and I was so close to catching it before it used Curse and killed itself >_< There are a ton of items in the Old Chateau though, which is nice.
- Then I went the other way and headed into the little bit of Mt. Coronet that is accessible and caught another Geodude named Juliette (from Hollerado).
- I spent a ton of time grinding Juliette up so it could take on Jupiter's Skuntank. Finally, I went back to face Jupiter.
- Her first Pokemon was a Zubat, which apparently has Giga Drain?! I had no idea. But Songbird was able to take it out with a couple of Confusions. Then came her Skuntank. It set up with a Screech, but I was able to score a Magnitude 8 on my first turn with Juliette. It countered with a Night Slash which brought Juliette down quite a bit, but I got a Magnitude 7 and then a crit to boot to knock it out!
- After healing, I went to get a bicycle but Cynthia stopped me and gave me an egg. I'll probably just put it in my box though.
- Then after picking up my Explorer Kit, I headed south to Cycling Road (which is actually Route 206).
- At the bottom of Cycling Road, I went to heal in Oreburgh City, then went back north and underneath the road to access the grass. My encounter for Route 206 was another Geodude which I didn't need, so I beat it for some experience. I went allllll the way north and into Wayward Cave, where I found another stupid Geodude. Boy I wish I had used Dupes clause in this game lol. Whatever, at least it's experience. Juliette evolved into Graveler, which means I can get a Golem soon!
- Battled my way to Mt. Coronet where Dawn stopped me and gave me the Vs. Seeker and the Dowsing Machine. Cool.
- I already got my encounter for Mt. Coronet back when I got Juliette so I just ran through it and out onto Route 208. I finally made it to some grass, and my encounter was a Budew, which was alright. I don't know if I'll use it, but I caught it and named it Lucky (Jason Mraz).
- I finally got to Hearthome City, traded to evolve Juliette, and now I'm grinding to get ready for Fatina.

Team:
Spoiler:

Juliette the Golem
Level 25
@No Item
Rock Throw, Magnitude, Rock Blast, Rock Polish

Sure Shot the Gengar
Level 26
@No Item
Shadow Punch, Confuse Ray, Night Shade, Sucker Punch

Songbird the Psyduck
Level 23
@No Item
Water Pulse, Scratch, Tail Whip, Confusion

Chaos the Bidoof
Level 3
@No Item
Tackle, Cut, Rock Smash

Boxed:
Spoiler:
Togepi Egg
Lucky the Budew Level 19

Deaths:
Spoiler:
Bob the Bidoof Level 5
Garands the Zubat Level 11
Crush the Luxio Level 16
Centerfold the Pachirisu Level 10
Zero the Geodude Level 5
Parallel the Shellos Level 12
Sticks the Prinplup Level 23

Yellow
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:32 PM
TrollShammy80
Loved all Pokemon Since 98'

Nature: Quiet
2nd Update-

MORE ADVENTURE
Spoiler:
1-Finally went on my way from Accumla Town after defeating N, we moved onto Route 2

2-Again I wondered what Pokemon I would find, a Wild Mismagius (m), *gasp* I used Migthyena to help me lower it down enough...it took a few Poke'balls, I almost ran out got me down to my last Poke'ball, luckily we caught it, welcome to the team Chiggy.

3-Continued on toward Striation City, taking out some trainers...I seen the city Bastra and I look on ward, we herd a familar voice call my name, it was Bianca who came zooming out of the woods almost running me over, she wanted to see how much stronger I have gotten.

4-Battled Bianca, lost Bastra to her Tepig's Rollout...Sylvanas took her down; I had won but not soon enough, I was sad no longer with Bastra, moved onto Straiton city and store him away..trained up some more on Route 2, went to the trainer school battled Cheren then went to Dreamyard tok out the trainers and met the girl who handed me a Pansear whome I named Gabbei

THE TEAM-
Spoiler:

Sylvanas the Mightyena (f)
Meet: Route 1
Level 15

Chiggy the Mismagius (m)
Level: 16
Meet: Route 2

Gabbei the Pansear (f)
Level 15
Meet: Dreamyard Gift

RIP BOX-

Spoiler:

Bastra the Oshawott (m)
Level 5-12
KO: Crited by Tepig's Rollout on Route 2

Proud MLP Fan/NCIS/Ghost Hunters/Ghost Adventures/CSI and many others
RIP: Step Mom 7/17/53-7/2/13
RIP: Uncle Jesse ???-1/3/2014
"I do breed for IVs/Ev's...but I always remember to have fun playing Pokemon"
"I always play for fun on my emulators and Y version only"
www.youtube.com/trollshammy80
Old January 5th, 2013, 01:50 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Okay I think I updated and got everything! PM me if I missed something or made a mistake. Another note, I will not put your name on the list when signing up if you don't use the form used in the example on the first post. It was very annoying to try and figure out what people were doing when going through everything when people didn't use it. Anyway, good luck challengers!
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Gary0ak
TPP ROM Hacker

Username: Gary0ak
Game: FireRed

Rules:

1) Any Pokemon that faints is dead, and must be boxed.
2) You may only catch the first Pokemon encountered in the area.
3) No legendaries.
4) Must nickname all Pokemon
5) As another mercy rule, if the player runs into a Shiny Pokémon on the incredibly rare chance, the player may still catch it, regardless of whether or not it is the first encounter in the area. It also does not need to be released if it faints. (I follow the boxed rule, not the released rule)

Pokemon:
Blaze (Shiny Charmander)

Progress:

*Comic coming soon! (Or never, who knows)*

Last edited by Gary0ak; January 6th, 2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: New rule on shinies
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:44 AM
xShadowx

Hey, I was wondering if we can do hacks? If so here's my signup below:

Username: xShadowx
Game: Pokemon Snakewood

EDIT: Saw the first page and saw that some people are doing other hacks as well.

Rules:
Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released (or boxed, never to see the light of day again).
You may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
Adjusting the first encounter rule to ban duplicate captures.
You must nickname all of your Pokemon. (highly recommended)
You must change the battle style to SET.
You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.

First update shall be tomorrow after school.

Last edited by xShadowx; January 6th, 2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old January 6th, 2013, 04:01 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Nature: Jolly
Username: James901
Game: Platinum

I'm going to be playing on my hard copy of Platinum. The optional rules I'm going to take are to nickname all Pokemon and no catching Legendaries, also no duplicates.

I started and chose Chimchar as my starter, named him Chimpy.
Did the beginning stuff and got the pokeballs.
Caught Starly on Route 202, named him Star.
Met Looker and got the Poketch.
Went to Route 204 and caught Acro the Zubat.
Saved the game.

Catch List:
Spoiler:
Route 201: Chimchar Lv. 5
Route 202: Starly Lv. 2
Route 204: Zubat Lv. 3

Team:
Spoiler:

Chimpy the Impish Chimchar
Level 11
Scratch
Leer
Ember
Taunt

Star the Relaxed Starly
Level 10
Tackle
Growl
Quick Attack
Wing Attack

Acro the Hasty Zubat
Level 4
Leech Life

Dead: None so far
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.

Last edited by James901; January 6th, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:28 PM
xShadowx

Mini Update:

So I started Pokemon Snakewood and choice Koffing as my starter.
Everything went smooth until I fought with Alice and lost to her.....

Restarted the challenge and fought Alice again with Koffing (name is Gassy btw).
Beat her and caught a Wurmple outside of Petelburg City.
While training Wurmple(McKenzy) Gassy died.
McKenzy eventually evolved into Dustox.
Beat all the trainers before going into Petelburg Forrest.
Caught a Silcoon(Fallen) in Petalburg Forrest.

Currently training Fallen.

Party:
Dustox aka McKenzy Lv.11
Silcoon aka Fallen Lv.7

Dead:
Koffing aka Gassy Lv.10
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Update 2

I recently found my old Gameboy SP, and now I'm playing Firered on that for the rest of the challenge. Big update since I've been lazy updating.
  • Went and beat my rival again
  • As I was battling Trainers on the Nugget Bridge, Nidoran(m) evolved
  • Beat all the trainers on the Nugget Bridge
  • Caught a Oddish on Route 25, named him Weed
  • Caught a Caterpie on Route 24. It's level 7. Wonderful.
  • Went and saved Bill, I guess, got the ticket to the S.S. Anna
  • Caught a Pidgey on Route 5, named her Aero
  • Caught ANOTHER Pidgey on Route 6, boxed in case Aero dies
  • Arrived in Vermilion City
  • Went to the Pokemon Fan Club, got the Bike Voucher
  • Went back to Cerulean and got a bike
  • Went back to Vermilion City
Current Team

Spoiler:

Vine the Ivysaur Lv22 (m)

Nidorino Lv20 (m)

Geodude Lv20 (m)

Weed the Oddish Lv18 (m)

Aero the Pidgey Lv16 (f)

Caterpie Lv7 (f)

Boxed
Spoiler:

Pidgey Lv15

Deceased
Spoiler:

Mouse the Rattata Lv2

Locked Out Areas
Spoiler:

Route 1
Route 2
Route 3
Route 4

Route 5
Route 22
Route 24

Route 25

Viridian Forest
Mt. Moon

I'll try to update soon.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME

Last edited by Arcturus.; January 8th, 2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: I swear I'm going to kill those spoiler tags.
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:49 PM
diamondmutt1111
A wild summer appeared!

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Okay I think I updated and got everything! PM me if I missed something or made a mistake. Another note, I will not put your name on the list when signing up if you don't use the form used in the example on the first post. It was very annoying to try and figure out what people were doing when going through everything when people didn't use it. Anyway, good luck challengers!
Sorry, my bad

Username: diamondmutt1111
Ultimate?: HECK YEAH
Games: Red, Silver, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, (at this point I guess I will sign-up for X)

I will also (in the far future) do a nuzlocke of White, Heart Gold, and Leaf Green

Rules:
Spoiler:

1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
2. The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else.
If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
3. Rather than releasing the Pokémon, it can be migrated or permanently boxed should it happen to faint (This doesn't apply to Red or Silver).
4. Considering a black out/white out to be "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
5. No using of legendaries (If I have to capture and use it is the only exception to this rule).
6. Only able to catch two of the same species (ex: only two Pidgeys, no more). However, if I encounter a Pidgeotto, then I can use it.

For an update, I have obtained the Rainbow Badge and just finished the Pokémon Tower, and saved!

The only REAL change to my team from the last update was that I replaced Cowfood (Gloom) with Vee the Jolteon.

The Team:

Leonardo the Wartortle
Level 30
- Bubblebeam
- Tail Whip
- Bite
- Water Gun

Ulysses the Pidgeotto
Level 30
- Gust
- Fly
- Quick Attack
- Whirlwind

Ratman (Now known as Gizmo) the Raticate
Level 29
- Body Slam
- Dig
- Quick Attack
- Hyper Fang

Carlos the Nidoking
Level 29
- Seismic Toss
- Thrash
- Horn Attack
- Poison Sting

Dougie the Dugtrio
Level 29
- Scratch
- Growl
- Dig
- Sand-Attack

Vee the Jolteon
Level 29
- Tackle
- Sand-Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Quick Attack

The Boxed:
Spoiler:

Solid the Ekans, Level 6
Vuzz the Weedle, Level 7
Falcon the Mankey, Level 10
Fluffy the Jigglypuff, Level 9
Krater the Geodude, Level 17
Cowfood the Gloom, Level 28
JesseJames the Gastly, Level 18

The Dead:
Spoiler:

York the Pidgey
Batman the Zubat
Buzz the Beedrill

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi
#swablunest/Youtube/Blogger
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:02 AM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Nature: Jolly
Update #2

Acro died while grinding.
Caught Golden the Psyduck in Ravaged Path.
Attempted to grind him up some levels and succeeded.
Took on my rival and whooped him.
Caught Fragil the Abra on Route 203. Hopefully I can manage to get him to evolve before he can die.
Caught Juda the Geodude in Oreburgh Gate. Boxed her.
Chimpy evolved into Monferno! YES!!
Caught Champ the Machop on Route 207. Boxed him.
Took down Roark. Golden's Water Gun took out his Geodude and Onix while Chimpy's Mach Punch took out his Cranidos.
Went back to Jublife and beat the grunts for Prof. Rowan.
Went through Ravaged Path and beat the grunt outside the Valley Windworks.
Caught Cheeks the Pachirisu in the Valley Windworks.
Beat the grunts trying to steal honey.
Fragil evolved into Kadabra! YAY!!!
Star evolved into Staravia! WHOOO!!!!
And thats it for today.

Update:
Beat Jupiter in the Windworks.
Caught Don the Shellos on Route 205.
Travelled through Eterna Forest using repels so I can come back after to catch a pokemon. Don't want to worry about the Chansey killing the Pokemon I'm trying to catch.
Beat Gardenia, LOST MY KADABRA!! He got 1HKO'd by Grass Knot from her Roserade.

Catch List:
Spoiler:
Route 201: Chimchar Lv. 5
Route 202: Starly Lv. 2
Route 203: Abra Lv. 4 (Dead)
Route 204: Zubat Lv. 4 (Dead)
Route 205: Shellos (Boxed)
Route 207: Machop Lv. 7 (Boxed)
Ravaged Path: Psyduck Lv. 5
Oreburgh Gate: Geodude Lv. 5 (Boxed)
Valley Windworks: Pachirisu Lv. 9 (Boxed)

Team:
Spoiler:

Chimpy
Level 21
Impish - Blaze
Scratch, Mach Punch, Flame Wheel, Taunt

Star
Level 20
Relaxed - Intimidate
Double Team, Endeavor, Quick Attack, Wing Attack

Golden
Level 17
Timid - Damp
Water Sport, Scratch, Tail Whip, Water Gun

Boxed:
Spoiler:
Juda the Geodude Lv. 5
Champ the Machop Lv. 7
Cheeks the Pachirisu Lv. 9
Don the Shellos Lv. 11

Dead:
Spoiler:
Acro the Zubat, Level 6
Fragil the Kadabra, Level 18
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.

Last edited by James901; January 11th, 2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old January 13th, 2013, 05:46 AM
BassBlood
Bass Player Extraordinaire

Well, I should update more
Team
Spoiler:

Rex: Snivy, lv. 16
Dale: Patrat, lv. 14
Fabien: Azurill lv.14
Legolas: Sewaddle lv. 14
Flarus: Magby lv.12

Progress
Spoiler:

Got the Basic Badge
Battle: Vine Whip'd everything

Deaths
Spoiler:

None

Last edited by BassBlood; January 13th, 2013 at 05:57 AM.
Old January 13th, 2013, 12:59 PM
xShadowx

Alright well last time I was training Fallen and it evolve into Beautifly.
Well while training him McKenzy died, leaving me with just Fallen.
Battle the demons in Petalburg Forrest and lost.

So I restarted the challenge and re choose Koffing again. Did all the usual stuff, went up to the point where I lost. At this point my team was Zigzagoon,Poocheyena,Koffing, and Taillow.

Poocheyena died battling the first demon in the forrest. Koffing died in the outskirts of Rustboro, while Zigzagoon died in Rustoboro to the zombified Jynx.

Only pokemon left now is Taillow. I saved at the pokemon center.

Party:
Taillow (Nighthawk) Lv.12

Box:
None

Dead:
Koffing (Gassy) Lv.11
Zigzagoon (Zorro) Lv.14
Poochyena (Predator) Lv.10
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:40 AM
PhantomWolf

Can I withdraw from my challenge?
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
SO I STARTED A YELLOW NUZLOCKE LAST NIGHT AND I GOTTA BE FAST AND FINISH THIS POST BECAUSE IT'S SITTING THERE IN AN EMULATOR THROTTLING AT 1000% AND I GOTTA GO FAST.

Player: Yuoaman
Game: Yellow

SO I STARTED OUT, GOT MY PIKACHU AND DIDN'T NICKNAME IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT AND I ALSO PRESSED THE 'B' BUTTON AND MISSED IT SO YOU WIN SOME YOU LOSE NICKNAMING RIGHTS I GUESS. THEN I WENT AHEAD, GOT TIM THE RATTATA IN THAT ROUTE WEST OF VIRIDIAN, 19223 OR WHATEVER IT'S CALLED. AND I THINK THAT'S ENOUGH CAPS. So I went on to Viridian Forest, because I knocked out the Nidoran that appeared in Route 2 by mistake, so I got a Metapod that I gave a rude name to, because I just turned nine years old. I grinded this Metapod into a Butterfree, so the nickname became a little ill-fitting, but I rolled with it.

I next caught a male Nidoran right before facing Brock and named it BADA-BING because bada-bing bada-boom he was Italian. Double Kick made Brock painfully easy and I moved on. In Route 3 I caught a Mankey named IMPROVED, because of an inside joke, and he only lasted a couple of battles because I guess BADA-BING is pretty intimidating. I caught a Zubat who I named NIGHTWING in Mt. Moon, so things were looking up for me...

But then of course I lost both Pikachu and NIGHTWING in quick succession as I neared the exit, which sucked. But I eventually got to Cerulean City, picking up a Spearow named Attacker on Route 4, who only lasted a few battles into grinding. I grabbed the free Charmander on Route 24 in the hopes that maybe I can have a flyer later on, but you never know.

And that's all that happened until I came to this thread and posted these words.

EDIT: MY TEAM, YO.

SMAUG the Charmander - Level 13

RUDE NAME the Butterfree - Level 18

TIM the Rattata - Level 18

BADA-BING the Nidorino - Level 19 - TEAM CAPTAIN

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 20th, 2013, 02:20 PM
xShadowx

I DIED!!!!!!!!!!!

That's like what the 3rd time I died now. Perhaps its because I chose the female protagonist and a Koffing. Anywho I decided to give this one last and final time. So here's the update:

Restarted and THIS time chose the male character.
Got myself a Paras and named her Ms.Shroom
Trained Ms.Shroom and caught me a Zigzagoon named him Rufus.
Beat Alice and pretty much everyone else following Petalburg woods.

By the time I got to Petalburg woods, Rufus and Ms.Shroom were lv.17, so I easily beat the demons.

Reach Rustboro and beat Alice again and then fought Gleis where Ms.Shroom died.
Following the battle I caught a Taillow in the following Route and then caught a Whismur. I named them Rabai and Boombox respectively.
Help Gleis close the portal where the demons were coming from and now I saved in front of Pestilence.

Team:
Rufus aka Zigzagoon Lv.18
Rabai aka Taillow Lv.17
Boom Box aka Whismur Lv. 15

Dead:
Ms. Shroom aka Paras.
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:19 AM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Update 3

Hello again, it's time for my next update. I'm no longer playing on my Gameboy SP, because it's a real pain to play on it now. So it's back to my DS Lite.

I begin by heading over to the S.S Anne, so I can get the Cut HM from the Captain. After a few battles aboard the ship, Geodude had the opportunity to learn Selfdestruct. Because I'm an idiot, I taught him the move. Then I realized that I'm doing a Nuzlocke run and if he uses the move he's dead. So basically if I want kill off Geodude I got the option to do so. ANYWAYS, back to my adventure aboard the S.S Anne. It didn't take long before Weed evolved into Gloom. He is still kind of weak since his only actual attack is Absorb. Soon after that, Aero evolved into Pidgeotto. That made me very happy, since I love the Pidgey evo line. A few battles later, I was up against my rival, Blue. Like all my battles with him, it ended up being very close. Most of my team ended up with very low health after the battle. After that I went up and rubbed the Captain's back. (The weirdest moment of all Pokemon games, in my opinion.) After giving him his back-rub, he rewarded me with Cut. I left the S.S. Anne and then watched the ship depart. I decided to visit Diglett's Cave to try and catch a Diglett. (My last Nuzlocke run, a Dugtrio greeted me as the first encounter in the cave, and I managed to catch it. It almost killed my team in the process.) The first encounter in the cave was, sadly, a lowly Diglett. I led with Nidorino and tried to weaken it so I could catch it, but the the thing was faster then Nidorino! It hit with a level 7 Magnitude and nearly OHKO'ed Nidorino! I freaked out, and decided to switch out Nidorino after his attack. I told him to use Double Kick and then first kick hit. It did moderate damage, but the Diglett should be able to take the next hit. Unfortunetly, the second hit was a critical hit. The Diglett was defeated. I was disappointed, but oh well. It happens. I proceded to Route 11 and caught an Ekans. I named the Ekans King, since he's will become a cobra when he evolves. Soon after catching King, I engaged in battle with a Youngster. His first Pokemon was taken out no problem by Aero, but he released a Raticate. Raticate. I hate this Pokemon with a passion in Nuzlocke runs. Because it knows Hyper Fang. Which it proceded to use against Aero. It was a critcal hit and a OHKO. Aero was killed. I quickly exacted my revenge with Geodude. He struck down with a Mega Punch and defeated Raticate. Geodude was rewarded with a level up. After the battle, Geodude evolved into the mighty Graveler.

This is where I left off and saved the game. I like updating like this. It feels more rewarding then just making a bulleted list, even if it takes longer.

Current Team
Spoiler:

Vine the Ivysaur (m) Lv23
Nidorino (m) Lv23
Graveler (m) Lv25
Weed the Gloom (m) Lv22
King the Ekans (m) Lv14

Boxed

Spoiler:

Pidgey
Caterpie

Deceased
Spoiler:

Rattata (f) Lv2-2
Aero the Pidgeotto (f) Lv16-22

Locked Areas

Spoiler:
Route 1

Route 2
Route 3
Route 4
Route 5
Route 6
Route 11
Route 22
Route 24
Route 25
Viridian Forest
Mt. Moon

Diglett's Cave
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:54 AM
xShadowx

More update!!!!

Well if i do say so myself this run of Snakewood is going pretty well.

-I beat Pestilence yay! and Boom-Box evolved into Loudred.
-Got Hm Cut and went up north from Rustboro and got me a Magikarp.
-While training Magikarp, Rufus died to the zombies.
-Beat the trainer who claims to be the new gym leader of Petalburg.
-Got the badge and now I can surf.
-Went all the way back to Petalburg and kept training Magikarp, where he evolved into a Gyarados!!!
-Also the egg i got in the beginning of the game hatch into a Secretegg.
- Started to Surf toward Dewford Island and caught me a Qwilfish.
Saved.

Team:
Rabai aka Taillow Lv.20
Gyarados Lv.20
Boom-Box aka Loudred Lv.21
Secretegg Lv.8
Spike aka Qwilfish Lv.14

Boxed:
None

Dead:
Ms. Shroom aka Paras
Rufus aka Zigzagoon
Old January 21st, 2013, 04:13 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I might have lost because of VBA refusing to load the actual save I used, which sucks.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:26 AM
mozartm99

Username: mozartm99
Game: Soul Silver

I actually started this challenge last night and it is pretty fun.
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:37 PM
Ryker
Unhatched Egg

Name: Ryker
Game: Colloseum (if its ok?)
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:00 AM
mozartm99

I'm done. I don't really like this type of playing.
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links