The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 7th, 2012, 08:35 AM
ThatOneGolurk
Amateur

Nature: Timid
I'm sure there are some of you that had one of those moments in your adventure, in mid-battle, that you never forgot about it again.

I'll start with a small example.

While playing Pokémon Black, I was battling Drayden, against his last Pokémon, Haxorus, who was able to KO half of my team. (I had 4 Pokémon concious when I started to fight Haxorus)

My Scolipede managed to do some damage, who put Haxorus at 1/4 of his HP, but it was KO'd. All I had left, was a Beartic, which had half of HP (revived by Scolipede before fainting). I had no more revives, potions or berrys to heal Beartic.

I was thinking "Ugh, I'm gonna have to fight this guy again..."

Haxorus used Dragon Tail, but to my surprise, my Beartic was able to survive the hit, having only 1 HP left. Beartic proceeded to use Icicle Crash, and it managed to beat Drayden.

Did you have any epic moments in your journey?
Old November 7th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
Off the top of my head, I barely won against Lenora in my Challenge Bowl run. I had a Smeargle, Phanpy, and Timburr. I only had Timburr left and in this challenge, you can only use a max of 3 items in gym battles and you can't save in front of leaders, as that counts as your score (like seasons in American football). So I had used all my 3 items and LUCKILY she used some status move and I was able to Low Kick her Watchog away, with like 1 HP left haha. Most miraculous moment ever for me, as far as I remember.
Old November 7th, 2012, 03:20 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
My starter in Pearl was about to be KOed by Mismagius, well killed I guess since it was a Nuzlocke run, but I Quick Clawed, Bite once, flinched her once, and Quick Clawed again for the win, all with like 4 HP left.
Old November 18th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
My greatest Pokemon moment was the last battle on Pokemon XD. Me and greevil both had shadow pokemon out and one of them used shadow lock. None of the moves were very effective and those same 4 shadow pokemon were out for like 20 turns.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:04 AM
PiemanFiddy
Spreader of the T-Virus

Epic Moments? Hmmm...

I suppose you'll find it surprising that I caught a level 13 Caterpie in the bug-catching contest in HG/SS which had a HORRIBLE nature, and I won first place.

What's even more impressive is that I managed to flinch Cynthia's Spiritomb 4 times in a row before she eventually switched out. Lol, umadbrah?
Old November 21st, 2012, 02:44 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
In Black I was battling Ghetsis and we were both down to our last Pokemon (his Seismitoad vs. my Samurott) and I was low on HP and managed to KO it with two hits of Surf.

I can't believe I actually beat him on my first try.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

loa: july 29 - august 12

Old November 21st, 2012, 04:35 AM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Nature: Quiet
On Sapphire I was battling against Steven for the first time and I only had my Swampert left and his Cradily was out with 4 of his Pokemon remaining... somehow I pulled some inconceivable clutch.
Old November 21st, 2012, 10:08 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Beating Palmer for the first time in Platinum with a team of Gyarados/Electivire/Scizor. Given the Battle Tower's tendency for hax, I had a hard time getting to the 49th battle, but I managed to pull through in the end with smart switching and brute force.

Old November 21st, 2012, 11:40 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

My most epic Pokemon moment was... Well, I bought Black version at midnight launch. 4 hours into the game, I reached Pinwheel Forest for the first time. The first wild Pokemon I encountered was a shiny Cottonee! Soooo freaking amazing. I've been playing since Red/Blue and NO moment was or will be as thrilling at that moment. I couldn't fall asleep until about 6 AM it was that surreal. -saved the game 5 times after catching shiny-

As for most epic battle, that would always be the time I battled my best friend in middle school. I have the battle saved on Emerald's video recorder. Nothing special happened (well, I won lol) but it's just epic to battle someone so close in general.
Old November 26th, 2012, 04:23 PM
rageahollic33
MrUmbreonFan

Nature: Serious
My Most epic moment well. just recently i played pokemon emerald randomizer and I caught my second ever shiny pokemon.

Old November 26th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Pingouin7
¬‿¬
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageahollic33 View Post
My Most epic moment well. just recently i played pokemon emerald randomizer and I caught my second ever shiny pokemon.

Hope you know the background for a shiny Pokémon is supposed to be lighter than usual.
Old November 27th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Rothometapratis

I guess I never had one or I can't remember any.
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Not a battle moment, but I remember going through the Cycling Road in Emerald without bumping the sides. I've only done it that one time so it was pretty epic for me. No battling moment will ever surpass that. ;P

Old December 18th, 2012, 11:52 AM
ahmet476
standing around

In Platinum against Cynthia. She fainted all my pokemon except Togekiss with her overleveled Garchomp (62). My pokemon were mid/early 50s. I put it to sleep with Togekiss' Yawn and revived a few guys I think while it was asleep. Of course Togekiss had to take quite a beating till Garchomp fell asleep. I didn't have any ice or dragon attacks on any pokemon. IIRC, I beat it with Togekiss' Return. After that she had two more pokemon left. Thankfully, they weren't as tough as Garchomp and I had counters to them revived.

Playing Pokemon Flora Sky C-Dex

Old December 18th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Isaac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Milkshake View Post
Not a battle moment, but I remember going through the Cycling Road in Emerald without bumping the sides. I've only done it that one time so it was pretty epic for me. No battling moment will ever surpass that. ;P
haha, i can relate SO much, that is memorable!
Old December 22nd, 2012, 10:01 AM
PikachuAddict
Mime Jr.

Nature: Naughty
My most epic moment was when I battling against the wild Volcarona in Black 2. The first ball I threw at it, resulted in a critical capture.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 06:06 PM
Patrick
Winter Love
Community Supporter Tier 5

Finding out that the Mew glitch in Red/Blue was legit, but I think it was more of a "darn it! I wish I knew about this back in high school when everyone was playing this game" thing.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:34 PM
InkFrog
Togepi

In pokemon black and white, I was breeding some eggs and since I didn't have access to GTS, I was figuring out their IVs through giving them half a high level audino's EXP on the route above undella town so I could use online calculators at a more accurate level (this usually got them to level 16.) I had four level 1 houndour and only my sawk and archeops from my team. Things were going fine until I wandered a little too far. Turns out there was a trainer I had avoided the first time I came through the route. Oops, I got into a battle.

My sawk and archeops actually handeled the first two pokemon no prob, but then the trainer sent out her last pokemon, a level 68 espeon. It beat both the fighting type and glass cannon in a single hit each. It was at full health and I despaired as I had to go through the pointless process of picking which level one freshly hatched houndour to get curb stomped by the level 68 pokemon. I picked a little female pup and sent her out, picking ember because not that it would matter anyways. What happened next I didn't expect.

The espeon used Last Resort, which, of course, did nothing as it still had other moves.

For a moment I was confused, why had it used that of all things? And then, it dawned on me. It had no other non-psychic type damaging moves. Houndour was half dark and immune to its phsycic move, so the AI was trying to use Last Resort which quickly ran out of pp leaving it with nothing that could hurt my level 1 pokemon.

The very first ember the little houndour sent out caused a burn to the espeon. I got to watch the miracle of a level 68 slowly burn to death under the hands of the houndour. She ended up taking down the espeon dead alone. The exp bar went up and up and up. Level after level passed.

She gained enough exp to deposit her neatly at level 24. Which also happened to be EXACTLY enough levels for her to evolve into a houndoom. The badass houndoom earns herself the name The Major and a place on my team. Turns out her IVs were "Outstanding" too. **** yeah it was the best thing ever.

tldr; Level one, freshly hatched houndour finds itself stranded in a battle with a level 68 espeon. She manages to beat it, gains 23 levels all at once, and evolves all in one fell swoop. She's a badass and named The Major.

Sam Heights in Tainted Waters
TEAM:

Jack Mesa in Ultimate Tournament
TEAM:

Last edited by InkFrog; December 22nd, 2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:22 PM
Azire
Mr. Premier Ball

Nature: Naughty
I faced Ho-Oh in Soul Silver at lvl 70. I lowered it's health but had no Pokemon alive to put it to sleep. I used all Pokeballs short of Master Ball and Love Ball. I caught it with the first Love Ball I threw. Lugia was the Pokemon I was using when I caught Ho-Oh.
Please Leave A Review If We Trade
Trader Review Thread
Pairs: Champion Lunis
Old December 31st, 2012, 12:01 PM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Beating Steven in Emerald after months of training , catching Rayquaza with a pokeball and Latias with a net ball.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old December 31st, 2012, 12:29 PM
Wandering~Leaf
-Mordor and Eldar Supporter :3

Nature: Modest
Hmm...perhaps when I was playing Diamond the first time around...I was up against the Elite Four, and managed to defeat them all, and then I was against Cynthia...good lord was her team strong. I defeated Spiritomb, Lucario, and then came along Garchomp. A couple of my Pokemon went down, and then I managed to defeat him, and then came out her Roserade, which was a piece of cake. Lastly came Milotic...I'm pretty sure it was my Infernape out. Anyways, it nearly demolished him, but Milotic made the poor mistake of activating Inferno's Blaze. I destroyed Milotic, and earned my title as Champion. Probably one of my most epic moments ever.

"Now the Elves made many rings; but secretly Sauron made One Ring to rule all the others, and their power was bound up with it, to be subject wholly to it and to last only so long as it too should last."
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:17 PM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Nature: Relaxed
My one buddy in grade 12 was apparently the "Champion" of Pokemon, and it was the end of grade 12 when I started to play again. I knew nothing of EV training, IV breeding, natures etc. His team was a Kingdra, Porygon-Z, Grass Rotom, Shuckle, Seviper, and Dusknoir all IV'd and Ev'd to almost perfection. I sent my team of Soul Silver Pokemon to Black when they had no Ev training or anything. My team was Espeon, Umbreon, Pinsir, Magmar, Gengar and Omastar. We battled via infrared and he got down to Umbreon with him having Rotom, Dusknoir and Kingdra at full strength still. He kept discharging Umbreon while Umbreon was faint attacking him. He paralyzed Umbreon with a quarter health left, while Umbreon defeated the Rotom. Umbreon didn't have Heal Bell or anything, just kept spamming faint attack, and he took out Dusknoir and Kingdra without getting hit by anything. My buddy was shocked and so was I. A guy just getting back into Pokemon earned him his first loss! I felt so happy after lol and he was happy that someone beat him, and told me to make a team concentrating on the proper natures, Iv's and ev's, etc.
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:54 PM
KantoSwag
Kanto Wanderer

Nature: Jolly
Beating my little brothers haxxed team of Arceus' with my Regice, Arcanine, Crobat, Lanturn, Poliwrath and Registeel
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:20 PM
rageahollic33
MrUmbreonFan

Nature: Serious
i remembered when I was ten i beat champion gary/blue with a level 10 paras. lol

I caught mewtwo with a pokeball after he was frozen.

in gold i beat lance with only my typhlosion.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
katiekun11
I ♥ Ghost & Ice Type Pokemon!

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to katiekun11 Send a message via Skype™ to katiekun11
My epic moment recently came when I was playing Black for the first time, & I was at the Elite 4, & I forgot to heal my Pokemon or buy any healing items before I went in. Anyway, I managed to defeat the Elite 4 & my Victini had 1hp left & pulled of a critical hit. Pretty epic if you ask me. I thought I'd been defeated lol.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links