The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 27th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
can't think of a good title lolol

So, quil and I were talking about headphones the other day and I did happen to get a pair for Christmas. I prefer headphones that give out good bass, and clarity comes in a close second. I gotta have the BOOM BOOM BOOM in my ears when I have the volume up, ya know what I mean? :P I do have gummy in-ear earphones that's mainly used for phone calls and skyping, but I prefer over-ear for best sound.

This thread is all about earphones and headphones! Which of the two do you prefer? What do you look for in headphones or earphones? Quality sound, bass, clarity, comfort in general? For an optional question: what brand of headphones/earphones do you prefer?
Old December 27th, 2012, 01:44 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I prefer headphones over earphones due to the quality of practically everything =P

But earphones are also cheaper but also less good of quality. And it's also alot more portable than huge headphones.

As for the brand, I like Skullcandy and WeSC. Until now, I don't regret buying them
I do hate Beats tho.. for the prices those headphones/earphones goes.. you could get other brands that cheaper and better.
Old December 27th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Tsutarja

Nature: Jolly
I use both headphones and earbuds. I use headphones when at my desktop (and never use speakers), but on-the-go for both playing games and listening to music (or whenever I need to not broadcast my laptop's speakers), I use earbuds.

Super Smash Staff Collab
mod pairs family twitter pc social sites

Last edited by Tsutarja; December 27th, 2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old December 27th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

I've never really liked over ear headphones. They always seem so clunky and draw attention to me. Honestly I've never really been that bothered by sound quality, I've never really been an audio person so I don't spend loads on speakers and such. I'm happy enough with my cheap £5 earphones I got from home bargains.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old December 27th, 2012, 08:59 PM
inspirASIAN
VOICES in the air

I used to prefer headphones until I got myself a pair of Apple EarPods. It's light and small so I find it convenient to bring outside my home and it's easier to clean as well. I'm not really a fan of loud sounds so the sound quality of EarPods is just enough for me and it fit my ears well. The EarPods doesn't fall off my ears while jogging, etc.

Earphones for me.

Using an old stock signature because of my inc mplete inspirasian.

Last edited by inspirASIAN; December 27th, 2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old December 27th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Squidchan
The Lady Cthulhu

Nature: Lonely
I don't go out, so it's headphones for me, though I always have one ear clear so I can hear what's going on around me. Plus I only use them for Skype calls.
Old December 27th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Honestly, I don't really listen to a lot of music or anything, so I just bought a cheap pair of earbuds that I'm more than happy with. They're a lot easier to transport than a pair of headphones, and since I only really use them with my iPod, earbuds do the trick for me.
Old December 27th, 2012, 09:34 PM
quilzel
net start w3svc

Nature: Quirky
I used to not care about sound quality, but I couldn't understand why someone would spend $500+ on a pair of headphones if they all sounded the same. So I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 588 on recommendation from my step dad who works in the music industry.

My mind was blown. The clarity and the bass was unlike anything I had ever heard. I loved my headphones, but with a 9 foot cord and an open ear design, they aren't exactly the best travel companion. I found a pair of ear buds by the same company (CX 200) and they sounded even better than my headphones. The headphones I paid $20 for (they where on sale) out performed my $179 headphones. I took headphones back and just used ear buds for quite some time. I recently purchased another pair of headphones from Sennheiser, but these ones (HD 202) are much cheaper, their sound is very good for the $30 I paid for them.

To answer the question, ear buds when I'm away from home, and headphones when I'm just hanging out in the apartment.

ugh so much typing on a tablet, please excuse any typos
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:34 PM
PokéZoom
~Gotta Catch Em All

Nature: Serious
I definitely prefer headphones, I'm not sure why but I can't stand earphones. ;(

It's the next chapter, the ultimate goal! Ready for battle, brave and bold!
PokéZoom.com | PokéZoom Forums | PokéZoom Oekaki
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I use headphones more than earbuds. Earbuds hurt my ears and headphones are just easier to use imo. No cord tangling.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:56 AM
PikachuAddict
Mime Jr.

Nature: Naughty
I prefer earphones. They block out more sound and feel more comfortable.
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
It depends upon the orientation of my head, I far prefer earphones when Im trying to fall asleep, however when sitting in a chair I must use headphones. I've got a pair of Bose on ears that I now use as a backup for a pair of Bose Over ear noise canceling phones My brother gave me for christmas.
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Headphones by far. I have yet to have a pair of earbuds that hurt after wearing them for a while. Though I have like, four pairs of headphones for their own respective reasons.
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:45 AM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Earbuds irritate my ears nowadays, plus the average earbud set I'd usually get I later found had inferior audio qualify compared to using your standard $20 headphones. So I use headphones, not just because I find them more comfortable, but also because of superior audio quality.

Still, neither beats car speakers.
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
I refer to them all as headphones, regardless if they are or not. Lol so reading this thread is confusing me. I like the SkullCandy in-ear ones though. Sounds pretty good to me, pretty comfortable, and yeah that's about it.

Old December 30th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Headphones. Earbuds hurt for one, and the sound quality of the ones I've used were pretty tinny. Also, since I listen to instrumental music over songs, I gotta hear how each instrument adds to the overall piece for it to me justice. Even the super nuianced background instruments that you can barely hear over the bassline, I notice that stuff. It might be different if I was only concerned about the lead.

Also, I prefer headphones because they're sometimes good for makeshift earmuffs, and can dull louder noises like road construction.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old January 1st, 2013, 04:23 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I prefer earbuds when I'm out, because they can block out most sounds and still give quite good quality music, but I prefer actual headphones rather than dinky little earbuds. But my head looks stupid with headphones. :( So I only wear them around my neck. But when I get home, I can rock out to the enhanced bass!
Old January 1st, 2013, 05:47 PM
Aquanova
Shiny Celebi's Alt

Nature: Relaxed
I wear earbuds always because regular headphones dont fit my head, I prefer earbuds anyway, I can hear better using them and they are more comfortable.
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:59 PM
Starry Windy
Take a tour ride.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I usually prefers headphones if it is in my home, but if I listening music or video through HP or going outside, I'll prefer earphones.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:24 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
I prefer Earphones overall. I get what your saying about quality. I bought a pair of Bose sound cancelling Headphones for $150-$180. They broke..
I like Earphones more because well Headphones never felt comfertable to me. I have to find the right pair of earphones though. I notice pretty good sound/bass from lets see I think I'm using Coby now.
I don't see the appeal in Headphones, espc in public.

Old January 1st, 2013, 11:46 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

I like headphones better since my ears get so waxy they cause earphones to fall out easily.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old January 1st, 2013, 11:56 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Headphones, since those earphones never fit in my ear right and usually just end up falling out of my ear anyway. I'm not really fussy about the type of headphones, except I don't like the big ones with the vinyl/rubber type cushions since they irritate my ears and make them start sweating.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old January 4th, 2013, 01:19 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I have a tendency to break every pair of earphones I get so I generally like headphones more. They often have better sound and are a lot less likely to fall off my head. Also, it's much less disgusting if someone borrows yours.
Old January 4th, 2013, 02:00 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

I don't have headphones just earphones but I do like the quality on headphones better however I like earphones better because they're more portable IMO xD
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Headphones for me. They're just a lot comfier and easier to slip on for me. I find with any in-ear earphones, they tend to hurt after a while, or they make me feel a bit hard of hearing once I take them out.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here