The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old December 25th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Rezah
justicykes
Community Supporter

In the script PokemonField around line 134, there's all the things about the location signpost. I have a few questions about it.
  1. Is there a paramater to force a specific windowskin versus what the player is using for the menu? Or would a whole new window class need to be created for that?
  2. To go with the question above, Emerald introduced skins for location signposts depending on the type of location. (ie. towns had a wooden sign, cities had a brick sign). Is the best way to go about implementing this similar to how NOSIGNPOSTS is implemented?

Cheers.

Pokémon Tyrian Developer

Hello! Please, drop me a visitor message if you want to chat! I'd love to talk to more people!

Follow me for updates on my game and various other things!
Old December 25th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

There's no way currently to make the location signpost windowskin vary depending on what kind of location it is. You could quite easily change it for all signposts at once, though (to the same one).

The question is how to decide which windowskin to use for a given map. Perhaps some override array (barely like NOSIGNPOSTS) could do if you weren't bothered about making it tidy (which I am).
Old December 25th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
The question is how to decide which windowskin to use for a given map.
What I've done is change the windowskin depending on certain parameters of the map. So for instance, if the map name includes "Route", a route skin will be displayed. If the map has cave encounters, a cave skin will be displayed. My preferred method is with the inclusion of certain parts of the map name, like "City", "Town", "Forest", "Woods". I know it's not very specific, and has to be organized to work properly, but it is an easy workaround.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:59 AM
Krlos S/A
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
In the script PokemonField around line 134, there's all the things about the location signpost. I have a few questions about it.
  1. Is there a paramater to force a specific windowskin versus what the player is using for the menu? Or would a whole new window class need to be created for that?
  2. To go with the question above, Emerald introduced skins for location signposts depending on the type of location. (ie. towns had a wooden sign, cities had a brick sign). Is the best way to go about implementing this similar to how NOSIGNPOSTS is implemented?

Cheers.
sorry my english, I'm brazilian. I wonder how the change of location signpost windowskin?
Old January 3rd, 2013, 06:05 PM
Rezah
justicykes
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krlos S/A View Post
I wonder how the change of location signpost windowskin?
Although I appreciate both of your answers (I'll likely take a shot at the override array if I feel patient enough) this is more the question I needed answered.

Pokémon Tyrian Developer

Hello! Please, drop me a visitor message if you want to chat! I'd love to talk to more people!

Follow me for updates on my game and various other things!

Last edited by Rezah; January 3rd, 2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old January 4th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

To change the signpost's windowskin at all, go to PokemonField and find class LocationWindow. In the def initialize there, put the line @window.setSkin("Graphics/Windowskins/goldskin"). The particular windowskin you use may vary.

From there, it's a matter of deciding how you want to change the windowskin for each different map. It's simple enough to do, so long as you've got a system sorted out.

Sponsored Links