• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Golurk's Gallery

Years
So here are some fakemon for what may or may not end up being a dex! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give criticism, as I'm new to this and want to learn!

2wn1bfq.png

Torbat, (torch + bat) the fire starter for my dex FIRE
Pokedex Entry:

2mg7a88.png

Spidig, (spider + dig) one of the first bug types of the region: BUG/GROUND
Pokedex Entry:

35lz3pu.png

Gourmouse (Gourmand + mouse) first rodent: NORMAL *I know there are a ton of mice in the Pokemon franchise, but trust me the split evolved forms are going to be awesome ;)
Pokedex Entry:

1zx5egy.png

Diviswine (divination + swine) evolution of Spoink: PSYCHIC (did this for WPC)
Pokedex Entry:

So yeah, those are the ones I have for now, although there is another fakemon I've been working on, it has a ton of forms, so it's taking a while. So yes, please comment/criticize, and help me to get better! :D

*Also, if you have any name suggestions...

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
I think you need working better those fakes, 'cause they haven't that "pokemon shape". Actually, I think that's because of the head...

Years
Your fakemon are actually really well done, however I do think think your shading needs a bit of work closer to the outlines. Also your detail is slightly different to the pokemon style which is more simplistic.

Besides this, they are very good!

Blaid

Have you seen any rupee?
Years
They're fine but I think they are not in pokemon style. xD Fake designs are really cool, but if you add black out to your fakes they will look pretty cool! :p I personally don't like the first because the wing looks like one of a bat, yes; but also looks like a umbrella! xD You're doing well, keep going! c:

Years
Oops I forgot about this >_<

I think you need working better those fakes, 'cause they haven't that "pokemon shape". Actually, I think that's because of the head...

Yeah my fakemon don't really have the "pokemon" look to them, which is something I need to work on. My main goal right now is just to make good sprites, as I don't have a lot of experience.

Your fakemon are actually really well done, however I do think think your shading needs a bit of work closer to the outlines. Also your detail is slightly different to the pokemon style which is more simplistic.

Besides this, they are very good!

Thank you very much! :D Shading has always been a problem for me, to be honest! If you (or anyone!) have any suggestions for shading/outlines I'd love to hear them, as I feel like that's my main problem. :/

They're fine but I think they are not in pokemon style. xD Fake designs are really cool, but if you add black out to your fakes they will look pretty cool! :p I personally don't like the first because the wing looks like one of a bat, yes; but also looks like a umbrella! xD You're doing well, keep going! c:

Uh, what do you mean by adding black out? And yeah, Torbat's wing does look like an umbrella XD I was kind of going for the look of a dragon wing folded up... my thought process is hard to explain lol

These are really cool man keep them coming, im looking forward to the split evos of the mouse.

Thank you! :D I should have those up around February vacation, so around the 15th?

Also, I have a new mon that I did for TWP - It's a final evolution for froakie

2lxjwpl.jpg

Frozeuse (Frog + Gazeuse)

Pokedex Entry: This Pokemon can often be found eating shampoo or soap it has stolen - it makes their manes luxurious.

Pokedex Entry: It's thought that this pokemon gains its ability to fly from eating the bubbles of the hot springs it lives in.

To be honest I think it looks a little plain, but I like complex designs. Thoughts? :D

Years
So I forgot about the WPC, and that's why this wasn't entered, but here it is anyway!

So here is Jujitseon (Jujitsu + eon) until I come up with a better name at least. Since when eeveelutions come out in pairs they tend to have similar features, that's why I gave it the headband... I don't know how well that worked out haha. Feedback please! :D
7RT7jO7.png

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Red is kind of a hard color to work with, especially if you want to use lighter shades. Light yellow is yellow, and light blue is blue, but light red tends to look pink, which usually isn't what you had in mind. Another difficult thing about red is how naturally intense it is; your red outlines really stand out against the bast colors of the sprite. When you run into a problem like that, the best solution is to just lower the saturation for the shade you'll be using for your outline.

The sprite could use a little more shading on the body and front-left leg, but overall the design isn't bad. Unfortunately, the round tail and shape of the snout make it look more like a rabbit than it probably should, preventing the "hey, it's an Eeveelution!" reaction that something like Glaceon gets.

DCson17

a modest hacker
Years
I'm not gonna lie, I absolutely adore the theme for Diviswine, and how it's sort of genie-like.
Props to you.

Sirfetch’d

I really love all of your work and hope that you continue to sprite and add to this gallery because I have seen other pieces you have worked on and every time it seems like you are becoming more and more talented and I cannot thank you enough for my wonderful avatar.

I especially wanted to comment on Diviswine because I am absolutely in love with Grumpig, but I always felt it could use an evo or another form and Diviswine looks perfect as an alternate Spoink evo. The shape is great the design is very original and the colors and shading are magnificent! It really looks like it could be a part of a Pokedex one day! It is my favorite spite of yours(other than Sandform ofc ;] )

Keep up the good work bro!

Oops I forgot about this >_<

Yeah my fakemon don't really have the "pokemon" look to them, which is something I need to work on. My main goal right now is just to make good sprites, as I don't have a lot of experience.

Thank you very much! :D Shading has always been a problem for me, to be honest! If you (or anyone!) have any suggestions for shading/outlines I'd love to hear them, as I feel like that's my main problem. :/

Uh, what do you mean by adding black out? And yeah, Torbat's wing does look like an umbrella XD I was kind of going for the look of a dragon wing folded up... my thought process is hard to explain lol

Thank you! :D I should have those up around February vacation, so around the 15th?

Also, I have a new mon that I did for TWP - It's a final evolution for froakie

2lxjwpl.jpg

Frozeuse (Frog + Gazeuse)

Pokedex Entry: This Pokemon can often be found eating shampoo or soap it has stolen - it makes their manes luxurious.

Pokedex Entry: It's thought that this pokemon gains its ability to fly from eating the bubbles of the hot springs it lives in.

To be honest I think it looks a little plain, but I like complex designs. Thoughts? :D

I like the dsigin tfor the froakie evolution. I like the poekdex aentryise too. I like to see new evolutions for the newer Pokemon. :D Froakie's final evol ....I have problems with shading too, when I sprite.

Years
Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I really appreciate it. :D

@Chesu Thank you for the advice! I was thinking I'd try recoloring it in brown and go from there but I'm not sure. And looking back on it, it's totally a rabbit. I need to fix it up!

New sprite! (from X/Y's create a pokemon event)
FnmrfVK.png

It's 12 colors unless I missed any.

Squincre (Squid + encre - french for ink)
Water/Dark

Pokedex entries:

This pokemon covers its head in the oil from oil spills. It makes its home amongst underwater garbage.

As Squincre swim they leave an inky trail from the oil on their heads. It is said that a Squincre was the inspiration for the fountain pen.

If anyone follows this gallery (which i doubt you would since it's updated very infrequently) I mean to update it a LOT more frequently. Hopefully at least once a week, but we'll see. And vacation is just around the corner too :]

Years
Got a new sprite! I was thinking about manatees, and then I drew something up and decided to sprite it so voila:

SRz8Rh4.png

I don't have a name for this little guy at the moment, but he's Water/Psychic. 9 colors unless I goofed somewhere. I feel like there's something a little off with the sprite but I can't place it so feedback would rock! :D

Edit: Made some major edits to his body shape so he would be less hunchbacked, and I'm a lot happier with him now! :D

IveUzGu.png

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I had no idea you sprited Golurk! For your latest one the outlines look really well done, and actually has the appearance of being a sprite from the actual games, so well done!

Years
Thank you very much Jake!

Here are some nameless cucumbers-pokemon:

hlLccDR.png
KgWDWoC.png

Both are grass type, smaller one evolves into bigger one. I was thinking of having a split evolution with the other being a pickle but I'm not sure. We'll see!

Sirfetch’d

hlLccDR.png
KgWDWoC.png

Both are grass type, smaller one evolves into bigger one. I was thinking of having a split evolution with the other being a pickle but I'm not sure. We'll see!

And you were worried that these wouldn't turn out! They both look really unique and have very intriguing designs. As for adding a split evo, while I like the idea, I just don't know how much more different you could make a pickle Pokemon look from the cucumber one, but knowing you I bet you have a great idea planned! Also dw! You have me to help you name them.

I wish I could give you constructive criticism, but unfortunately I don't feel like that is my place because I don't know much about spriting. If I had one criticism to tell you I would say maybe the mouth(assuming that is what the pink is in the first one) looks a little off or odd, but other than that good job bro!

also the second one reminded me of a combination of:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Thank you very much Jake!

hlLccDR.png
KgWDWoC.png

Nice I like the looks of the first although the second mon's eyes is kinda weird plus I think you put in too much anti aliasing.

Sirfetch’d

Yeah the eyes were weird since I was trying to make it look like the seeds of a cucumber haha. I think it looks much better now!:

kY2fkmB.png

idk if it is just the changing of the eyes or what, but the sprite also looks a little brighter and more clear. Definitely much better.

Back