The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1276    
Old December 31st, 2012, 04:34 PM
P0kelegend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender:
As long as Game Freak/Nintendo doesn't have a year gap, then I'll be fine. I'm worried that Gen VI will be released in 2013, and then we wont get any game in 2014.

Ever since R/S, they have left the year after a main generation's release empty with no mainline released. After R/S was released in 2002, there was nothing in 2003. After D/P were released in 2006, there was nothing in 2007. After B/W were released in 2010, there was nothing in 2011. If Gen VI comes in 2013, does that mean they will leave 2014 empty? Japan just had the gap year in 2011, and they released

The gap years seem to have been (I'm not counting 2005 since we had FR/LG and Emerald released in 2004 which is obviously why there was nothing in 2005):
2003
2007
2011

Judging by that, the years without games seem to come every four years. So I'm guessing it means 2015 could be an empty year? We can go by this pattern, or we can go by the pattern that there is a gap after a main generation is released - so we can't come to any conclusion otherwise.

I just hope we don't have another empty year before the remakes come, because we'll likely just be waiting even longer. I would hope that the remake/s come in 2014 for Emerald's anniversary.
  #1277    
Old December 31st, 2012, 04:51 PM
MiTjA's Avatar
MiTjA
Poké-atheist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Slovenia
Age: 24
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Well at least theres usually tons of spin-offs and stuff in those gap years, of which surely one is interesting enough ;D
__________________
  #1278    
Old December 31st, 2012, 05:02 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
As long as Game Freak/Nintendo doesn't have a year gap, then I'll be fine. I'm worried that Gen VI will be released in 2013, and then we wont get any game in 2014.

Ever since R/S, they have left the year after a main generation's release empty with no mainline released. After R/S was released in 2002, there was nothing in 2003. After D/P were released in 2006, there was nothing in 2007. After B/W were released in 2010, there was nothing in 2011. If Gen VI comes in 2013, does that mean they will leave 2014 empty? Japan just had the gap year in 2011, and they released

The gap years seem to have been (I'm not counting 2005 since we had FR/LG and Emerald released in 2004 which is obviously why there was nothing in 2005):
2003
2007
2011

Judging by that, the years without games seem to come every four years. So I'm guessing it means 2015 could be an empty year? We can go by this pattern, or we can go by the pattern that there is a gap after a main generation is released - so we can't come to any conclusion otherwise.

I just hope we don't have another empty year before the remakes come, because we'll likely just be waiting even longer. I would hope that the remake/s come in 2014 for Emerald's anniversary.

Gamefreak already said there is no set pattern for release so you can't gauge what will be released based on what we've had in the past.
  #1279    
Old December 31st, 2012, 05:21 PM
P0kelegend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender:
It's speculation, I'm not gauging or confirming anything. I should have explained it better. I'm not saying those "patterns" are set. Im talking more of in reference to development time. When they release a new generation, usually they need that year gap to work on the development of the next set of games coming. My point is, if Gen VI is released in 2013 there is a chance they will need 2014 off to work on the development of whatever games are coming next. The fact they need a gap year every time a new generation has been released since R/S indicates they usually need more development time after the main games of a generation are released as those completely brand new games take much more work than remakes/third versions/sequels.
  #1280    
Old December 31st, 2012, 05:29 PM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Bottom line, as long as we get Remakes I'm happy.

Update regarding the Pokemon Smash Episode.

Junichi Masuda has stated on his Twitter account that Shigeki Morimoto will appear on January 6th's episode of Pokemon Smash. This is two days before Gamefreak is set to make some sort of big announcement. Morimoto has been involved in every main series Pokemon game, creating and programming the Pokemon battle systems along with the Pokemon Mew, and he was the director of HeartGold and SoulSilver...

So now, I think it's more likely to be a game announcement but whether it's Remakes, Gen VI or a completely new game I have no idea.
__________________



Last edited by Azure; December 31st, 2012 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #1281    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:44 AM
DonkeyMadness's Avatar
DonkeyMadness
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York City
Gender: Male
-Gamefreak & Nintendo are not stupid, they know that a R/S/E remake is in high demand and will make a ton of money for both of them. The idea of a remake of arguably the best Pokemon games to ever be released will pull old fans back into the Pokemon series just as HG/SS did for many others, especially after some veterans of the series were turned off by the B/W series the return of Hoenn will be great!

-Gamefreak has stated that they do not have a particular pattern of release for their games, but I have noticed that 3 "main games" (i.e. R/B/Y, G/S/C, D/P/Pt etc.) and 2 remakes(i.e. FR/LG, HG/SS) are released each generation so all together its a total of 5 games Gamefreak develops each generation (after Gen. 2 obviously). Obviously only 2 "main games" have been released in Gen. 5 so we can expect at least another game before Gen. 6 starts. I have also noticed that each generation has a 3-4 life span, Generation 5 debuted in 2010 (2011 in NA/EU) so we can at least expect either Gray, B/W3, R/S remake or a completely new project by Summer 2014. I do not think Gamefreak will break the 5 game cycle. If there is a R/S remake, it will most likely be release around Q3 of 2013 considering the fact that they not spoken about it and they will want to reach the holiday shoppers. What's better than a R/S remake and a 3DS XL bundle for Christmas? Huge profit for Nintendo!
But who knows, we have no idea how long they have been developing the game and Spring/Summer releases are common.

-If a R/S remake is actually in the works it will inevitably be a 3DS game. With all of the hardware the 3DS offers we can expect something great! Hopefully Gamefreak will try to tweak the story R/S to be a little more mature and complex because it is so many possibilities concerning Team Magma & Aqua! It can easily be best Pokemon game ever! This series continues to get better and better as the years go by, always making a set forward so whatever Gamefreak releases this year whether it be a R/S remake, B/W3, Gray or a new project entirely I will be excited for it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
It could be movie news, maybe more details on what it's about; who's in it etc however if the Masuda recording for Pokemon Smash does coincide with this announcement I can't see what more major news he could say about the movie. I doubt it would be Mystery Dungeon news, it's already released in Japan and we've got a North American Release date. We've just had a big Genesect event, Kyogre & Groudon Event and we've had enough spin-offs for Gen V (Mystery Dungeon, Pokepark, Rumble Blast, Get Typing, Conquest) so it could easily be a new maingame which would most lilkely be Remakes OR Gen VI.
Gamefreak does not develop the spin-offs so anything concerning those games have nothing to do with their usual projects.

Last edited by DonkeyMadness; January 2nd, 2013 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #1282    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:48 AM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyMadness View Post
-Gamefreak & Nintendo are not stupid, they know that a R/S/E remake is in high demand and will make a ton of money for both of them. The idea of a remake of arguably the best Pokemon games to ever be released will pull old fans back into the Pokemon series just as HG/SS did for many others, especially after some veterans of the series were turned off by the B/W series the return of Hoenn will be great!

-Gamefreak has stated that they do not have a particular pattern of release for their games, but I have noticed that 3 "main games" (i.e. R/B/Y, G/S/C, D/P/Pt etc.) and 2 remakes(i.e. FR/LG, HG/SS) are released each generation so all together its a total of 5 games Gamefreak develops each generation (after Gen. 2 obviously). Obviously only 2 "main games" have been released in Gen. 5 so we can expect at least another game before Gen. 6 starts. I have also noticed that each generation has a 3-4 life span, Generation 5 debuted in 2010 (2011 in NA/EU) so we can at least expect either Gray, B/W3, R/S remake or a completely new project by Summer 2014. I do not think Gamefreak will break the 5 game cycle. If there is a R/S remake, it will most likely be release around Q3 of 2013 considering the fact that they not spoken about it and they will want to reach the holiday shoppers. What's better than a R/S remake and a 3DS XL bundle for Christmas? Huge profit for Nintendo!
But who knows, we have no idea how long they have been developing the game and Spring/Summer releases are common.
.
while what you say is true, you have to look at the other 2 games(remakes) they have released in the pass. As others have stated here many times , they had to be remade because there old cartridges were not able to communicate with the 3rd and 4th gen.Thats no longer the case now.
And if GF released the remakes they would break the 5 game rule you brought up. To be really honest i think they should hold off on gen 3 remakes until gen 7
  #1283    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:29 AM
DonkeyMadness's Avatar
DonkeyMadness
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York City
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
while what you say is true, you have to look at the other 2 games(remakes) they have released in the pass. As others have stated here many times , they had to be remade because there old cartridges were not able to communicate with the 3rd and 4th gen.Thats no longer the case now.
And if GF released the remakes they would break the 5 game rule you brought up. To be really honest i think they should hold off on gen 3 remakes until gen 7
-What about the other 2 remakes they made in the past? FR/LG & HG/SS were remade because of what you said, you cannot trade 3rd generation Pokemon to 4th & 5th generation games. I'm pretty sure that they remade FR/LG so players can use the original 150 in another journey & also for their journey in R/S/E via trade. That was the end of Generation 3, you can have the Gen. 1 & 3 Pokemon including a few Gen. 2 from the Sevii islands in FR/LG. You cannot trade pokemon from Gen. 3 to Gen. 4 unless you had a DS Lite, which is now a out dated model.. thats why GameFreak released HG/SS so players can have Kanto, Johto & Sinnoh pokemon. So now it will only be fair if they released a R/S/E remake so players who collect and play competitive will have their Hoeen pokemon too.

- If GameFreak remakes them how will they break the 5 game rule. Like I said before, Gamefreak has 3 "main games" & 2 "remake games". They have only been 2 "main games" so we still have 3 more games. I suspect the 3rd "main game" be either Gray, B/W3 or a new project and the remakes will be Sapphire & Ruby because they never make a 3rd game version to remakes (i.e. they did not make a WaterBlue or a SpiritCrystal along with FR/LG & HG/SS respectively). And why would they skip making a R/S remake in Gen. 6? Doesn't make sense... I think in Gen. 6 everything will be fresh & they will be moving forward and maybe in Gen. 7 we will see a multi regional remake of R/B/Y

~Karim
  #1284    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:43 AM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyMadness View Post
-What about the other 2 remakes they made in the past? FR/LG & HG/SS were remade because of what you said, you cannot trade 3rd generation Pokemon to 4th & 5th generation games. I'm pretty sure that they remade FR/LG so players can use the original 150 in another journey & also for their journey in R/S/E via trade. That was the end of Generation 3, you can have the Gen. 1 & 3 Pokemon including a few Gen. 2 from the Sevii islands in FR/LG. You cannot trade pokemon from Gen. 3 to Gen. 4 unless you had a DS Lite, which is now a out dated model.. thats why GameFreak released HG/SS so players can have Kanto, Johto & Sinnoh pokemon. So now it will only be fair if they released a R/S/E remake so players who collect and play competitive will have their Hoeen pokemon too.

- If GameFreak remakes them how will they break the 5 game rule. Like I said before, Gamefreak has 3 "main games" & 2 "remake games". They have only been 2 "main games" so we still have 3 more games. I suspect the 3rd "main game" be either Gray, B/W3 or a new project and the remakes will be Sapphire & Ruby because they never make a 3rd game version to remakes (i.e. they did not make a WaterBlue or a SpiritCrystal along with FR/LG & HG/SS respectively). And why would they skip making a R/S remake in Gen. 6? Doesn't make sense... I think in Gen. 6 everything will be fresh & they will be moving forward and maybe in Gen. 7 we will see a multi regional remake of R/B/Y

~Karim
Are you serious?
1 Black version
2 White version
3 Black version 2
4 White version 2

If they release RS remakes

5 Ruby remake
6 Sapphire remake

So that would make six games
  #1285    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:58 AM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
So they're either going to come up with one completely new game to meet the 5 game cycle, two remakes to make it 6 or just jump to Gen VI leaving it with just 4 games.

With compatibility though, you've got to remember that the 3DS is becoming increasingly popular as the DS becomes less popular, the 3DS has no GBA dual slot thus making it impossible to migrate from Gen 3 to Gen 4/5. It was the same case with GSC once they moved onto the DS.
__________________


  #1286    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:08 AM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
So they're either going to come up with one completely new game to meet the 5 game cycle, two remakes to make it 6 or just jump to Gen VI leaving it with just 4 games.

With compatibility though, you've got to remember that the 3DS is becoming increasingly popular as the DS becomes less popular, the 3DS has no GBA dual slot thus making it impossible to migrate from Gen 3 to Gen 4/5. It was the same case with GSC once they moved onto the DS.
It's not really the same, but it is similar. You see there is a way to get all the pokemon onto gen 5 , yes your right that if your using the 3ds there is no way. But think the people who bought DP had a DS with a gba slot since it was standard back then. And BW came out before the 3ds so the people who bought it had either a DS , DS lite or DSI. So it's not like a DS with a gba slot is a extremely rare thing to have especially since its only been 3 years since its been standard.

Now take account of rbygsc where you couldn't even transfer your pokemon to ruby or sapphire .
So with gen 3 even tho it took a lot of work you can still transfer all needed pokemon to gen 5 ( I have 2 completed pokedex's.
But with gen 1 and 2 the pokemon could not expand further
  #1287    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:15 AM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Assuming Gen VI is out on the 3DS, that's will mean all players who want to carry on playing Pokemon will have to migrate to the 3DS and at that point it will be impossible, so at one time or another it's going to become much more difficult to transfer from Gen 3 to a later generation.

Also for those of you who want to watch the Smash Episode live, Giancarloparimango11 is doing a livestream.
__________________


  #1288    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:29 AM
Liberal Army's Avatar
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: In Sootopolis City
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
i hope they"ll announce the remakes, but it is possible for further information about the new mystery dungeon game.

or maybe a new ranger game? gen VI would be too early don't you think?
  #1289    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:29 AM
slayerz96's Avatar
slayerz96
Flygon Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Singapore
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
There is one thing which many of you might forget. The GBA games might run out of battery which will stop all time-based events. Sure, it doesn't effect trade in any way... But some parts of the game might still be affected.

I would definitely love to see RS remakes, no matter for DS or 3DS. If its a new generation or a new game of Gen 5, I'll still welcome it. The only thing which I hope I won't see is either a Grey version or BW3, because seriously Unova is getting kinda boring.
  #1290    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:32 AM
C Payne's Avatar
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Va
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
To be fair though, just like GBC's internal battery problems causing you to lose the ability to save, RSE also had an internal battery problem that completely screws over any time-based events(one of the main attractions if you ask me). If something as small a problem as Pokemon availability can be used as a point for remaking older games, then it's only right to bring up the issue with RSE cartridges as well.

(Gen II and I may have been cut off from Gen III and on but it is as just as much of a hassle to have to trade through 3+ gens to get your old to what the current may be; if somehow it retained backwards compatibility up until 6 and beyond)

EDIT: slayerz, you beat me to it. XD
__________________
Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
  #1291    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:13 AM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Payne View Post
To be fair though, just like GBC's internal battery problems causing you to lose the ability to save, RSE also had an internal battery problem that completely screws over any time-based events(one of the main attractions if you ask me). If something as small a problem as Pokemon availability can be used as a point for remaking older games, then it's only right to bring up the issue with RSE cartridges as well.

(Gen II and I may have been cut off from Gen III and on but it is as just as much of a hassle to have to trade through 3+ gens to get your old to what the current may be; if somehow it retained backwards compatibility up until 6 and beyond)

EDIT: slayerz, you beat me to it. XD
Congratulations friend you just answered all the questions.
I can't believe this never crossed my mine.
So forget about lack of pokemon the reason they need remakes is because pretty soon none of the original games will be playable .
That's reason enough
  #1292    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:35 AM
C Payne's Avatar
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Va
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Well I would hardly consider them as unplayable as GSC would've been(since you lose the save option there) but the time based events were some of things that kept that post-maingame replayability high for me.

I loved being able to plant berries, hopelessly waiting for the day Mirage Island would show up, watching TV every so often on my travels/daily and waiting for those special events to occur(berry blending master to arrive in Lilycove, the Lilycove rooftop specials for your secret base, etc) among other things that were time based.

I still have my mind on how much more they could add onto this in remakes, without the battery problem.
__________________
Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922

Last edited by C Payne; January 2nd, 2013 at 09:33 AM.
  #1293    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:18 AM
MiTjA's Avatar
MiTjA
Poké-atheist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Slovenia
Age: 24
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyMadness View Post
-Gamefreak & Nintendo are not stupid, they know that a R/S/E remake is in high demand and will make a ton of money for both of them.
You are guessing things here. No they are not stupid, yes a pokemon game will make tons of money. How demanded RS remakes are is the deciding guesswork. I seriously doubt they'd sell better than whatever else they choose to do. In fact Id argue that even another remake of RBY would sell more than RS (which would be absurd, right?).

The actual question here is more whether remakes make sense from a technical point of view.
Do they? Absolutely not. You cannot analyse games without taking the hardware into consideration.
One does not simply start on a new handheld with remakes, especially when the changeover is overdue as is the case now with 3DS being over 2 years old at this moment, let alone when new games come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyMadness View Post
The idea of a remake of arguably the best Pokemon games to ever be released will pull old fans back into the Pokemon series just as HG/SS did for many others, especially after some veterans of the series were turned off by the B/W series the return of Hoenn will be great!
Whether they were the best is entirely subjective. And if they were, there would be less of a need to remake them, since there wouldn't be as much improvement to the experience as there was in FRLGHGSS.

I assume you are talking from your personal experience. However, Ive been playing since the beginning and I was not let down the slightest bit by BW2, and actually think gamefreak tried improving and being more creative than I expected. Any friends I have that are poke-fans agree...the only place I see RS remake demand for is in threads like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyMadness View Post
-Gamefreak has stated that they do not have a particular pattern of release for their games, but
There is no but. They said there is no pattern, but then you go and look for it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyMadness View Post
I have noticed that 3 "main games" (i.e. R/B/Y, G/S/C, D/P/Pt etc.) and 2 remakes(i.e. FR/LG, HG/SS) are released each generation so all together its a total of 5 games Gamefreak develops each generation (after Gen. 2 obviously).
And here the pattern already falls apart on itself. Why? BW2, they are not predicted by the pattern, and the most comparable role they might have played is those of remakes, since they offer a more nostalgic experience with old pokemon in the same gen. Whoops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyMadness View Post
Obviously only 2 "main games" have been released in Gen. 5 so we can expect at least another game before Gen. 6 starts.
(why is it "at least" now instead of 5?)

Unless you seriously believe they would make a single RS remake instead of at least 2 versions, you're not making sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyMadness View Post
I have also noticed that each generation has a 3-4 life span, Generation 5 debuted in 2010 (2011 in NA/EU)
Meaning anywhere between fall 2013 and 2014 would be the perfect time for gen VI to debut....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyMadness View Post
so we can at least expect either Gray, B/W3, R/S remake or a completely new project by Summer 2014.
Grey on 3DS = nonsense
BW3 on 3DS = nonsense
...well actually Another gen V game on 3DS = alltogether nonsense
RS remake on 3DS= nonsense

in other words, any of those are only viable options if gamefreak for some insane reason stuck with the DS engine instead of moving on like everyone else, and that is not the slightest bit realistic when you simply consider there are at this moment no DS games to be released or in developement. The DS is finished, like every handheld before it. Even BW2 were made for DS merely for consistency with BW1.

Releasing another DS game would be equivalent to releasing another GBA game a year after DP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyMadness View Post
I do not think Gamefreak will break the 5 game cycle.
Remember the part where they don't care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyMadness View Post
If there is a R/S remake, it will most likely be release around Q3 of 2013 considering the fact that they not spoken about it and they will want to reach the holiday shoppers. What's better than a R/S remake and a 3DS XL bundle for Christmas? Huge profit for Nintendo!
What's better? Simple, Gen VI bundled with 3DS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyMadness View Post
But who knows, we have no idea how long they have been developing the game and Spring/Summer releases are common.
Theyve had the 3DS since early 2010, one of the earliest to get it, obviously they didn't have it sitting on a shelf like it doesn't bother them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyMadness View Post

-If a R/S remake is actually in the works it will inevitably be a 3DS game.
ANY game in the works is gonna be 3DS. Period.

All you gotta ask yourself is what makes more sense to introduce the franchise on it:
remakes or gen VI? Check your patterns, cause they might actually have an answer here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyMadness View Post
With all of the hardware the 3DS offers we can expect something great! Hopefully Gamefreak will try to tweak the story R/S to be a little more mature and complex because it is so many possibilities concerning Team Magma & Aqua! It can easily be best Pokemon game ever! This series continues to get better and better as the years go by, always making a set forward so whatever Gamefreak releases this year whether it be a R/S remake, B/W3, Gray or a new project entirely I will be excited for it!!
Sure, when Hoenn-nostalgia-milking games come about, I really hope they'll try being more creative and expand it rather than just copy&paste it like the previous remakes with just a bunch of tacked on features.

If it was up to me, Id actually improve, expand and change them so much that it would warrant releasing a third version too, to avoid the "Rayquaza is star instead of mascots" issue you get otherwise without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyMadness View Post
So now it will only be fair if they released a R/S/E remake so players who collect and play competitive will have their Hoeen pokemon too.
After gen III, Pokemon from "missing" generations have started to become obtainable in tons of alternate ways to the point that this argument is actually against the remakes.

Take for example starters/legends, because they are the crucial ones (the rest is always scattered through the games whether in post-game, DW, radar or whatever, usually even several), when they were last obtainable:
Gen V - current
Gen I - starter in HGSS, legends in HGSS
Gen II - starter in HGSS, legends in HGSS
Gen III - starter in HGSS, mascots in HGSS, the rest even in BW2
Gen IV - starters in Platinum, mascots in Platinum, the rest in BW2

Therefore Gen IV are the hardest to obtain.
If you try to argue this in any different logic (like saying you only consider gen V at this moment), youll have to account for all gens missing not just gen III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Assuming Gen VI is out on the 3DS, that's will mean all players who want to carry on playing Pokemon will have to migrate to the 3DS and at that point it will be impossible, so at one time or another it's going to become much more difficult to transfer from Gen 3 to a later generation.
There is no need to transfer anything from gen 3. They made everything gen 3 had to offer, reobtainable one way or another in gen IV.
__________________

Last edited by MiTjA; January 2nd, 2013 at 11:59 AM.
  #1294    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:27 PM
scprepschool's Avatar
scprepschool
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mo f*%#$'n Pallet Town
Gender:
Nature: Jolly
To me, up until the new years announcement and the teaser i was positive it would be an rse remake first ( rather it be on ds or 3ds that is a stupid argument that i am ashamed to be a part of previously) but now it is becoming more realistic that we might get a new gen first. Which is disapointing ( it feels too soon and we are getting closer to having 1000 pokemon, the games will be redicolous by that point) i still very much hope for a rse remake instead so the mathematics will be laid to rest and we can start the real speculation.
__________________
Friend Code XY: 3625-8233-2439
Safari type: fairy: togepi, jigglypuff,floette

you gotta know that I adore you
  #1295    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:37 PM
MiTjA's Avatar
MiTjA
Poké-atheist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Slovenia
Age: 24
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by scprepschool View Post
it feels too soon
Think about it. The games would be released perhaps September 2013, and then perhaps early 2014 internationally. Is that seriously too soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scprepschool View Post
and we are getting closer to having 1000 pokemon, the games will be redicolous by that point)
The franchise started with a 3-digit number of monsters. 20 years later, it will still be a 3-digit number. Where do you draw the line and why there? why is "closer to 1000" (which isnt even 1000 but like 3 quarters on the way...) bad, and not "closer to 1500"?
1500 would at least be a 10x or something, which we are merely halfway to.

Also note that there are billions of species in the real world and those don't include mythology, personifications, stereotypes, ideas, or heck monsters and humanoids..
__________________
  #1296    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Mama-Mamo's Avatar
Mama-Mamo
Togepi
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: U.S.A
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
I believe that they will come out with a R/S/E remake before a new generation. It would make much more sense to tweak an already pre-existing idea that will hold Pokemon fans over until a new generation can be published.

I also agree with most people posting about switching over to the 3DS. It would pave the way for a new era of Pokemon gaming just like the switch from the GBA to the DS.
__________________

Yellow|HeartGold|Sapphire|Platinum|White

Working on HeartGold!
  #1297    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Jirachi is still unavailable...
__________________


  #1298    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 01:25 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
As I said, that would hurt Hoenn's already deplorable standings. Right now everyone is clamoring about how great Hoenn is/was, but this was not the fact a few years ago. In fact this was what everyone was saying about Johto come Johto's remake. Fans are fickle and change as the time does. Only reason there is "Demand" for remakes is because RS were next set of games in line and nothing else. Some people are jumping in just because of that reason.

Hoenn has some of the worst sales in the Pokemon Franchise. Event Gens 4 and 5 which were released 4/8 years afterwards are close to what R/S made and both 4th and 5th Gens keep growing as years go by. Hoenn had the unfortunate fate to be released on a horrible system and FR/LG were released to try and curb some of the sales more as well as reinstate the original series into the fray of current games.

If the 3DS flops for Pokemon Hoenn takes a second huge hit giving it a title of worst Generation. Even as a player, Hoenn was only dynamic in its story. The graphics were nice and the designs for some of the Pokemon were arguable just like today's Pokemon. And yes, there were the same OMG UGLY! THEY RUINING POKEMON! arguements and comments appeared when Hoenn came out. With its poor sales record it really did look like that was somewhat true until Gen 4 came out.

Best thing for RS remakes is to come after the Gen 6 main titles since Gen 6 will be on the 3DS and can test the waters of the system with a Pokemon Game. Then when it IS time to do the remakes, they know what they need to do and can fix/add more to it to make it better than the originals like they did with FR/LG/HG/SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Jirachi is still unavailable...
Jiranchi is event distribution only. It will never be available in a main game. Mew, Celebi, Jiranchi, Deoxys, Manaphi, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Meloetta, Keldeo, and Genesect are Event Pokemon. They are only distributed through events or unlocked by event items which are distributed through events. None of these Pokemon have ever been in a main title game where they can just be easily caught without attaining an Event version, Event Item, or without hacking the game.
  #1299    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 01:34 PM
shubshub's Avatar
shubshub
Master of The Y
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lumiose City, Kalos
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
I Reckon they will release RSE remakes first on 3ds to test if the 3ds is any good for Gen 6 with the 3D Graphics that way when Gen 6 Arrives they can enhance the graphics so much more
__________________
ShubLink has been Discontinued and will be Replaced by a new service
Friend Codes
[Pokemon Black]: 3096 8948 7035 [OT: Chris ID: 15969]
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
  #1300    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I understand why Gen VI taking the title to be the first Pokemon games on the 3DS would be logical as testing grounds but for me I still think it's too soon after Gen V, I know there's no strict pattern but it doesn't feel like enough time has passed to move on to the next generation.

So assuming Gen VI is announced this month, that would mean a release for Japan around May according to previous releases and then November internationally, that's all in the space of 2013.

That's just how I see it and if it is a game announcement on Sunday we will find out where remakes stand regardless of what is announced.
__________________



Last edited by Azure; January 2nd, 2013 at 01:43 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.