The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:47 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
I never drank alcohol in my life, and never will due to the fact that I can't stand its smell.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:09 AM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
Alcohol is the worst drug of all, IMO (aside from the truly dangerous ones). It smells horrible, it tastes horrible, and it can often turn you into a monstrous/disgusting version of yourself if you drink way too much of it. Also, the last time I drank way too much, I ended up throwing most of it up the next day. Never again.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:11 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Plus when you're drunk, you reveal your deepest thoughts on the people you know behind their back or in front of you.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:16 AM
Gideon Jeremiah
The giving Pokèmon breeder

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
I never drank alcohol in my life, and never will due to the fact that I can't stand its smell.
Absolutely agree.
It's just displeasing in so many ways, as well as the "revealing" factor of an inebriated state.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
I think that only applies to people who don't understand (or slip up with) self control or moderation.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:27 AM
Gideon Jeremiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
I think that only applies to people who don't understand (or slip up with) self control or moderation.
It can also apply to people with horrible stomach issues, who immediately become ill after consuming alcohol.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:34 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

Ohhh, alcohol discussion! :D

Alcohol is definitely... a problem if you overdo it. I'm pretty certain I'm guilty of that lol, as well as the whole being too revealing when drunk thing. It's something I'm trying to work on kinda. Or at least, something I plan on working on at some point.

Plus it's also probably time for me to start worrying about my liver and all.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:36 AM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
I feel like the topic hasn't changed since two days ago.

I like beer and whiskey, I don't drink much though. I'm a functioning pothead.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:28 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon Jeremiah View Post
It can also apply to people with horrible stomach issues, who immediately become ill after consuming alcohol.
Can be said for all drinks, really. I can't drink more than a couple sips of soda/pop before becoming ill, but I know this so I will just have double the amount of water and take it soon after I have pop.. and I'll only have pop very occasionally/ rarely.. so works out in the end.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
Gideon Jeremiah

Quote:
Can be said for all drinks, really. I can't drink more than a couple sips of soda/pop before becoming ill, but I know this so I will just have double the amount of water and take it soon after I have pop.. and I'll only have pop very occasionally/ rarely.. so works out in the end.
Ha, that is absolutely true.
I agree with your way of drinking soda though, it tends to be more trouble than it's worth most of the time.

Still not as bad as energy drinks, many may like them; but geeze do they just make me ill (I say this from the only 2 times I tried them).
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
Livewire
League Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
For someone who doesn't drink often enough to have a good tolerance, I was surprised at how well I handled it all, mentally and physically. I remember everything, and didn't puke. :D
ORAS Release Staff Collab 2014
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Yeah, not exactly a nice smell nor taste. T: Only time I like it at all is a certain food that has alcohol mixed into it. My sister goes overboard when making it, but I don't mind. o;

I'm just lurking on PC. During school I have the equivalent of a lunch break. I should eat something but I don't want to. So I'm going to spend the entire time on the internet, instead.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:33 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
For someone who doesn't drink often enough to have a good tolerance, I was surprised at how well I handled it all, mentally and physically. I remember everything, and didn't puke. :D
In my experience you have to drink quite a lot to get to that sorta stage. Even I don't get there regularly. d:
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:39 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Something about that last bit makes me laugh.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:42 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

I've never puked with alcohol. Never got to that stage, never felt the need or want to either.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
Correspondence

The key is to also eat something to soak up all the alcohol.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:52 AM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Quote:
I've never puked with alcohol. Never got to that stage, never felt the need or want to either.
It's not necessarily about feeling the need or wanting to. Nobody wants to throw their lungs up after drinking. It's the result of getting slightly drunk and therefore thinking that drinking more is a fantastic idea. For some people it then will eventually get to the point where their body cannot deal with the intake of alcohol and will eventually start rejecting it. It's happened to me once before (I was retarded and accepted to much absinthe from my friend) and it was a pretty horrible experience that I had no intention of ever experiencing.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:59 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto_Johto View Post
It's not necessarily about feeling the need or wanting to. Nobody wants to throw their lungs up after drinking. It's the result of getting slightly drunk and therefore thinking that drinking more is a fantastic idea. For some people it then will eventually get to the point where their body cannot deal with the intake of alcohol and will eventually start rejecting it. It's happened to me once before (I was retarded and accepted to much absinthe from my friend) and it was a pretty horrible experience that I had no intention of ever experiencing.
That's why you drink water between drinks, though.. or eat something.. or that's what I do at least. Just cause you get tipsy doesn't mean your whole logic is thrown out the window.. or, at least mine isn't. I'm not sure about other people, but I think it maybe it's cause they just wanna look cool in front of friends or something.. so they forget about their limits? I dunno. Maybe I'm just cautious.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Quote:
That's why you drink water between drinks, though.. or eat something.. or that's what I do at least. Just cause you get tipsy doesn't mean your whole logic is thrown out the window.. or, at least mine isn't. I'm not sure about other people, but I think it maybe it's cause they just wanna look cool in front of friends or something.. so they forget about their limits? I dunno. Maybe I'm just cautious.
It depends on what you drink. But generally speaking, those who throw up from alcohol consumption are usually those who thought they could handle more drink than they could because they were already drunk. Or, like you said, they're trying to impress everyone. Either way, I don't think there are many people who actually aim to puke from drinking too much.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto_Johto View Post
It depends on what you drink. But generally speaking, those who throw up from alcohol consumption are usually those who thought they could handle more drink than they could because they were already drunk. Or, like you said, they're trying to impress everyone. Either way, I don't think there are many people who actually aim to puke from drinking too much.
Oh well, then I guess I dunno. I don't blame the alcohol, though. I'm a lightweight and get tipsy after 1 or 2 beers (after eating) but I pace myself. But I know there are people who purposely try and get absolutely shattered when on a night out. They're more likely to puke their guts out. So.. *shrug* to each their own.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:27 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

I've found that mixing drinks always makes me more liable to throwing up tbh. In that I hardly remember a time where I threw up without mixing them. If I stick to one thing all night I find I remember it better the next day, have a lighter hangover, and don't throw up.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:31 AM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Quote:
Oh well, then I guess I dunno. I don't blame the alcohol, though. I'm a lightweight and get tipsy after 1 or 2 beers (after eating) but I pace myself. But I know there are people who purposely try and get absolutely shattered when on a night out. They're more likely to puke their guts out. So.. *shrug* to each their own.
Pacing yourself with alcohol is called being sensible, haha. I know for a fact that if I know I'm going to be drinking on a night out, my attitude is more like "LET'S GET WASSSSTTTEEEDDD". I personally prefer to get high than get drunk on nights out though. But like you said, each to their own.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:59 AM
Esper

I wish more people would pace themselves.

I hear about my friend's step sister who thinks she needs to drink before meeting friends to "catch up" since they went out before she met up with them, who then gets blackout drunk and lost in Oakland late at night, causing everyone she was with to panic and call everyone they can think of to find her and causing all of them to panic, too, and I worry. And despair.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:02 AM
Aquanova
Shiny Celebi's Alt

Nature: Relaxed
The thing about alcohol is if you dont drink too much, you probably wont do anything you wouldnt ordinarily. I dont usually get drunk because alcohol makes me very sleepy so even after one glass I dont usually want more, I just want to take a nap.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:05 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Then with that sort of attitude.. how can anyone blame the "badness of alcohol" when they have that mindset before even getting drunk?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links