The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 20th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Patrick
Winter Love
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Oh yeah, I forgot about free battle. Fun against friends, or if you just felt like rigging yourself a win.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old December 20th, 2012, 11:09 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I used to go to my cousin's place and literally own everybody in the mini games and the battles xD

Now they don't play it anymore, they mostly play CoD... shame really
Old December 20th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

It was alright. For the most part I only touched it for the mini-games.
Old December 20th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Forever
let it go

I never got Stadium 1 but I loved 2. I think I still have that and a Nintendo 64 in the shed, actually. Nevertheless, it was so much fun!! I got really good at the Clefairy game, and I loved the Lickitung game I found that hilarious. Oh and the Hoop Hurl I was good at too! And Rattata. Oh and Magikarp. But everything else I wasn't amazing at, owait no I was good at Hardening. Nvm I'm a genius.

As for the actual battles I don't remember how well I did but it was still really fun! I remember uhh, Lapras using Surf in a field thing? That's all. XD;
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Patrick
Winter Love

Wait. All those games you mentioned are from Pokemon Stadium 1. But...

Quote:
I never got Stadium 1 but I loved 2.
Are you sure you don't have that backwards?

Old December 31st, 2012, 08:13 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
Wait. All those games you mentioned are from Pokemon Stadium 1. But...

Are you sure you don't have that backwards?
Name convention, for example in Japan Stadium 1 is called Stadium 2, and their Stadium 1 was never released in the West. Our Stadium 2 is called (I think) Stadium GS in Japan.

Well I loved Stadium, so much that I went very far into the games and bred teams specifically for the cups. Best console Pokémon game ever made!

I was good at the log-cutting minigame, too. If you had a Scizor in your cart, you could actually use Scizor instead of Scyther or Pinsir.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:44 AM
Starry Windy
Bring your melody to life
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
I loved Pokémon Stadium 2. I enjoyed watching COM vs COM in Mini Games matches.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:17 AM
~CreamyChoco~
Happy new year to everyone

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~CreamyChoco~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~CreamyChoco~
OoOoOoo 90u remember it it is a really nice game i finished it once it was a great feeling

Shines i caught
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:04 AM
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

Nature: Relaxed
I really love the Stadium games! 1 a tad more than 2, but they're fantastic, nonetheless. I loved all the variety and all the choices you had, and the rental Pokemon and- everything. I loved about everything in those games.

I just wish they could make another one. Not like the one they had for the Wii- Battle Revolution, but one where you'd have those mini-games, random stadium condition battles and the Gym Leader castle system. Basically, everything the Stadium games had.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:21 AM
Mama-Mamo
Togepi

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemanmdj View Post
I really love the Stadium games! 1 a tad more than 2, but they're fantastic, nonetheless. I loved all the variety and all the choices you had, and the rental Pokemon and- everything. I loved about everything in those games.

I just wish they could make another one. Not like the one they had for the Wii- Battle Revolution, but one where you'd have those mini-games, random stadium condition battles and the Gym Leader castle system. Basically, everything the Stadium games had.
I TOTALLY agree. I loved the format of the Stadium games and wish they would come out with something exactly like them now. It would be a great addition and since there are a ton more Pokemon currently, it would make it that much more fun!! (:
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:07 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Of course I remember Stadium 2! Back when the Nintendo 64 (along with an Xbox I never used) was my only video game console, I would play Stadium 2 all the time. I also had Stadium 1, Hey You Pikachu, and Pokemon Snap. I actually still have all of them; I think I'll play them all today, because from what I remember they were all really fun. Except Hey You Pikachu. That game was infuriating; I had no idea what you were supposed to be doing! I think the only thing I could accomplish on Hey You Pikachu was that one mission (is that what they're called?) with the Caterpie and Butterfree. Maybe the one with the Poliwags too...?

Anyway, what I really just loved about the old Pokemon N64 games—and what I still love about them, actually—is the fact it really feels like you're living in the Pokemon world, which is what I longed for as a kid (and I still think it'd be cool, right?). The 3D felt amazing. And, I felt the 3D games were able to recreate the atmosphere of the original anime, which was one of my all-time favorite aspects of the Pokemon series. I didn't even play the mainstream Pokemon games back then; my first mainstream Pokemon game was Platinum.

Apparently everybody on this thread dislikes Pokemon Battle Revolution. I've only played it once or twice, and I don't own it, so I'm going to maintain a neutral opinion towards it, but I think the atmosphere was great—in a different way. Looking back, I didn't even realize how crappy the graphics were until now, but I still think that I appreciate the new modern atmosphere. Typically I treasure the older generations of Pokemon for a feeling of nostalgia and quaintness, while I treasure the newer generations for a feeling of adventure and exploration.

Oh, and the minigames of both Stadiums! I absolutely adored the minigames—I still do. When I was a little kid I didn't understand the mechanics of Pokemon battles, so I normally lost all the Cups. But the minigames were so much fun... I think I'll play them with my brother soon. (They were multiplayer, right? I'm forgetting the details!)

Last edited by tente2; January 2nd, 2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:18 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Do you guys think they should make a Pokemon Stadium 3? :D
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:46 PM
Wandering~Leaf
-Mordor and Eldar Supporter :3

Nature: Modest
Well, I never played Stadium 2, but I do remember Stadium 1 - I still own it. :D

I loved the mini-games and whatnot, it's always fun to play. Although I remember when I played it, I could never beat the Elite Four. >.< The Champion beat me to bits...

"Now the Elves made many rings; but secretly Sauron made One Ring to rule all the others, and their power was bound up with it, to be subject wholly to it and to last only so long as it too should last."
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
Do you guys think they should make a Pokemon Stadium 3? :D
Heck yes! I'd imagine it'd be on a Wii U though, which I don't have. Ahahaha.

I'd love it on 3DS though.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 01:47 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwan View Post
Heck yes! I'd imagine it'd be on a Wii U though, which I don't have. Ahahaha.

I'd love it on 3DS though.
I don't really think the 3DS would make sense as a platform for a Stadium game though; I think handhelds are better suited for mainstream Pokemon games. Since Stadium games are really just watered down (obviously with their own perks, though) Pokemon games made for non-portable consoles. If Stadium were to be on a handheld, I'd rather play a mainstream game with a more solid plot and developed overworld. But I wouldn't want to play a mainstream Pokemon game on a non-portable console, either.

I guess, in my opinion, it's all a matter of casual playing vs. non-casual playing.

Last edited by tente2; January 2nd, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:38 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Stadium should definitely be on the Wii-U. Pokemon Stadium is probably one of my favorite spin-offs of the whole series. It's really sad that they didn't do more than 2
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:49 AM
pessimisticlyricist
Unhatched Egg

I loved the minigames they were so enjoyable.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:30 PM
Patrick
Winter Love

@Cerberus87 - Oh, yes you're so right. Way back when I remembered that bit of trivia. Well, guess in that case most of us never really played the original one. It didn't look like it was worthwhile, though.

As for Stadium 3, I'd rather they just made Pokemon Party and was done with it. Who are we kidding? The only thing anyone remembers in specifics is the minigames, and they were good enough on their own to warrant being fondly remembered.

That and maybe taking pictures of them. How'd I ever get so much mileage out of that?

Old January 4th, 2013, 08:25 AM
SoliderOfMisfortune
Master in the making.

Nature: Hasty
I got Pokemon Stadium 2 used as a kid. It already had a bunch of Level 100 Pokemon including all the legendaries (Except Mew and Mewtwo damnit) And it was a lot of fun.... Even though at a certain point I couldn't do **** because I didn't know how to use what I had. ~Sigh~ Maybe I'll go back to it some time. Couldn't hurt right?
I beseech thee, grace our humble game
But first, I shall call out thy name
Winged Dragon of Ra!"
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tente2 View Post
I don't really think the 3DS would make sense as a platform for a Stadium game though; I think handhelds are better suited for mainstream Pokemon games. Since Stadium games are really just watered down (obviously with their own perks, though) Pokemon games made for non-portable consoles. If Stadium were to be on a handheld, I'd rather play a mainstream game with a more solid plot and developed overworld. But I wouldn't want to play a mainstream Pokemon game on a non-portable console, either.

I guess, in my opinion, it's all a matter of casual playing vs. non-casual playing.
Sorry for the late response, but yeah I see what you mean. It'd be a different feel that's for sure. I do however feel like since things such as SSB being on 3DS could lead to potential Stadium like games on 3DS.

Off-topic, but I picked up Stadium 2 at a video game stand on campus, only issue I had was that it was 60 bucks hahaha. It has been worth it though.
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:40 AM
satotaku
Generation 1's last hope

wow lol is that a trick question, Pokemon Stadium 2 was a step up from Stadium 1 in every way, I liked how customizable the cups were this time and the mini-games were more fun in the second.
Old January 26th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Ah, yes. I'll never forget the countless times when I was trashed by the gym leaders. The mini games were fun, though. So was Challenge Cup.
Old January 26th, 2013, 01:26 PM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
I wasn't too hot at the battling (nothing's changed!), however I bossed all of the mini games :D the Chansey one was my favourite. On expert (or very hard, whatever it was called) it was insane haha!

Old January 26th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
I still own my original N64, Poke S1 & 2!

I think my fondest memory would have to be attempting to defeat Lance in PS1. @_@ His dragonair kept using bind or wrap (forgot which attack it was), and it didn't allow me to attack. I was literally there trying to beat that dragonair for like an hour. Nevertheless, I did beat him. xD
Old January 26th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Keyaki

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
Remember? I still have it.

I remember trying to beat Team Rocket in Mahogany town. It was soooo hard for some reason that my cousins and I had to work together to beat them....it took us a few months.

Same with the Prime Cup in the Stadium, that took us even longer and it lots of frustration!

The mini-games were AWESOME!!! I was a total beast at the Topsy Turvy game, it was like Beyblade but with Pokemon.

Now all I need to do is beat Red....which I can't seem to do.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links