The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 9th, 2012 (01:16 AM).
Akeraz
Winning is Magic

Nature: Calm
It'd take me an age to list every game I played during my childhood, but I'll list those that stick out. I've been an avid gamer since I was like, three, and layed my hands on a SNES controller for the first time ever.

SNES: Super Mario World, Mario Allstars Collection, Street Fighter II Turbo
Sega Genesis: Sonic, Sonic II, Sonic III, Sonic and Knuckles
PS1: Tekken Series, Final Fantasy Series (Yes, unfortunately my first experience of IV, V and VI were on PS1)
Theme Park World, Digimon World, Yugioh Forbidden Memories, Star Ocean II,
Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Resident Evil Series, Crash Bandicoot Series, Spyro I
GBC: Tetris, Pokémon Series
GBA: Golden Sun Series, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, Pokémon Series, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
PS2: Star Ocean III, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, Timesplitters Series, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Whiplash, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3&4, Bully(Canis Canem Edit), Dragon Quest VIII
PC: TESIII Morrowind, TESIV Oblivion, Civilization 4, LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth, Age of Empires II

"It's like I'm watching you fly through a window"
Old November 10th, 2012 (07:55 AM).
ahmet476
standing around

Hmm, there are so many.

Tetris handheld
A formula 1 racer hadheld
Tamagotchi
plenty of NES games
Old November 18th, 2012 (03:56 PM).
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I remember all the Hours I spent playing Zelda Ocarina of Time and how fun it was to invite friends over fro some SSB. Other games that come to mind are the Mario and Metroid Series.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old November 19th, 2012 (12:56 AM).
Juicy
Bone to be wild!

Nature: Jolly
Let's see, my strongest memories of childhood gaming involved the SNES, GBC and N64. Our neighbours had a SNES so we would often be over there playing Mortal Kombat or Diddy Kong Country 2.At home I had a GBC with Links Awakening that was given to me by the son of one of my aunty's friends (He had two copies and gave me one, what a nice guy), Pokemon, Donkey Kong Country and Mario. Then came OoT, Lylat Wars, Pokemon Stadium/Snap and Top Gear Overdrive on the 64. I never got to own Conker's or Super Smash Bros which didn't phase me, I played them at people's houses and that was enough.
Old November 19th, 2012 (01:40 AM).
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I entered the video game scene (other than those cute reading computer games. Oh man how I loved those so much) when I was eight, so pretty late I guess? Anyways, the follow games are definitely part of my childhood memories:

Pokemon Silver (as well as Gold, Crystal, and finally Ruby).
Pokemon Stadium
Diddy Kong Racing
Kirby and the Crystal Shades
Banjo Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot (GBA one)

And that's pretty much it from the top of my head hahaha. Not sure what age you stop considering what you do as 'childhood'
Old November 19th, 2012 (02:01 AM).
Altomare
Purupuru!

hmmm... don't have game consoles but do remember playing Snake and Space Impact on my parent's cellphone. Ah, those were the good times...
Old November 20th, 2012 (09:09 AM). Edited November 20th, 2012 by encas.
encas
Don't tread on me.

Nature: Quirky
Aside from anything in the Pokemon series, one of my first favorite games was Sonic Adventure. As a little five-year old, I loved wandering around and talking to the NPCs in the Adventure Fields. I am pretty sure I am one of the only fans of that game that enjoyed the overworld areas, but it's probably just that Sonic fans, when not ranting about Sonic's eye color, prefer straight platformer gameplay.

And around the age of nine, my sister purchased a used copy of Harvest Moon 64. I even remember that she didn't want me to tell our dad because it cost $40. Even though I have largely moved toward mobile gaming since the newer console generations, I still love playing it on my N64 from time to time. Reminds me of how some fans have called the newest installment about on-par with Harvest Moon 64...I'll lobby for a 3DS for Christmas. :D
Old November 21st, 2012 (06:49 PM).
White Mage
don't let me drown
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I pretty much played every single PS1 game ever. I was so proud of myself for beating Metal Gear Solid at age 8. Here are the ones that pop into my head:

-Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
-Twisted Metal (PS1)
-Spyro (1 and 2) (PS1)
-Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue (PS1)
-The Lion King (Sega Genesis)
-Hercules Action Game (PC)
-Tarzan (PC)
-Spider-Man (PS1)
-GTA (PS1)
-Lego Star Wars (PS2)
-Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (PS2)
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
-Super Mario 64 (N64)
-Pokemon Snap (N64)
-Super Smash Bros. (N64)
-Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Old November 30th, 2012 (06:23 PM).
Starfury
dear, only you don't know.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Hard to say, since I wasn't much of a gamer when I was little. The games I remember playing as a kid were all on the Nintendo 64 and PS1, like the Crash Bandicoot 2. Those were the good times...

Banjo-Kazooie, SSB, Pokémon Stadium, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64. I can only remember these games for the PS1: Tony Hawks Pro Skater, CB, GTA and Spyro. I had good times playing that.

These are the games of my childhood. Except I barely even played them, I just usually watched my brother do it instead. x3
Old November 30th, 2012 (06:33 PM).
dudebot
Glowing Yellow

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to dudebot
Everything Mokoko just said.
Old December 3rd, 2012 (01:26 PM).
Mr. Avocado
Shall We Begin?
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
My childhood was built on Mario and Pokemon games; I played Pokemon hours on end, Mario was every other day kinda thing but I loved them both and I still play them.

I remember I played Pokemon like every car journey no matter where we went.
Old December 3rd, 2012 (05:27 PM). Edited December 3rd, 2012 by MelchiorFlyer.
MelchiorFlyer
Flygon

Nature: Naive
I grew up playing Crash Bandicoot. I also remember Twisted Metal, Spyro, and Crash Team Racing. When I was eight, I finally got my DS Lite. My very first game ever was Pokemon Mystrey Dungeons: Explorers of Time.

PM Me if you add me~!

Flygon is my bby~!
Old December 6th, 2012 (04:11 PM).
-
Call me Dash.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to -
Call me less oldschool, but the PSX was my first console, never had a PS2. I still have my original GameCube too, that was my favorite system. I was PC-trained with Age of Empires (1), Zoo Tycoon and Sim City. Those are the only ones I vividly remember (And still have/play). For GameCube The Sims was definitely my favorite as well as Pokemon spinoff games, Need for Speed Most Wanted(the original), Super Monkey Ball, and Medal of Honor (Rising Sun and European Assult. Never cared for Frontline); and for PSX....we had SO many games. Among the top were Spyro, Harvest Moon (I think?), some Crash Bandicoot game(dun remember which one :/) and Star Wars Ep 1. My PSX memory eludes me...
Old December 12th, 2012 (06:33 AM).
chakalaka25
Unhatched Egg

all the pokemons games, icy tower, counter strike, and rayman!
Old December 26th, 2012 (02:05 PM).
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet
The first games we ever owned were Pajama Sam, Sonic 3, a few Need for Speed games, and (later) the first two Harry Potter games, all for the computer. I got my GBA when I was eight or so and had Pokemon Crystal, Super Mario Bros. 3, some racing game whose name I can't remember, Shrek 2, SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom, Mario Pinball Land, and a couple more. My first "real" system was the GameCube, and after a couple of years of owning it I wasn't really a kid anymore.

I also remember playing Pokemon Blue at my cousins' house and, even earlier than that, seeing PS1s in stores and asking my dad to get us one but him refusing. I do own a PS1 now but didn't until a few years ago.
Old December 28th, 2012 (12:25 PM).
Wandering~Leaf
-Mordor and Eldar Supporter :3

Hmm...I was a much huger gamer as a kid than I am now. XD But I miss playing them...fun times.
N64: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Super Mario 64, Golden Eye, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, Yoshi's Story (I'm pretty sure that's what it was called...), Star Fox, and lots more that I can't remember at the moment. XD
GameCube: Super Smash Bros: Melee, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Lord of the Rings: The Third Age, Lego Star Wars...
PS1: Crash Bandicoot racing, or something like that. XD
PS2: Medal of Honor, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, Star Wars: BattleFront 1 and 2, and more that I can't recall.
Xbox: Crash Bandicoot series, some Star Wars game that I can't remember, and many many more. XD

Yeah...I played more games than I should have. XD

"Now the Elves made many rings; but secretly Sauron made One Ring to rule all the others, and their power was bound up with it, to be subject wholly to it and to last only so long as it too should last."
Old December 28th, 2012 (12:34 PM).
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
Pokemon Snap! I tried playing it on the computer recently because I pawned my N64, but it's not the same without the hand-held controller. heh
Old December 30th, 2012 (04:52 AM).
healingcharm
Blessed Girl

Nature: Bashful
Mario
Ratchet and Clank
Jazz Jackrabbit
Crazy Kart
Sims 2
O2Jam

"Kaname Madoka, do you value your life? Do you think that your family and friends are important to you?"
"If they are, then you should never think of changing yourself. Otherwise, you will lose everything that is precious to you."
- Homura Akemi, Episode 1, Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Old January 1st, 2013 (09:46 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Mine had to be the first game I had, Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced on the GBA. That, and Super Mario Land, which I've gotten much better on.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old January 1st, 2013 (10:10 PM). Edited January 1st, 2013 by Starry Windy.
Starry Windy
Working Combee's on the house!
Community Supporter

One of my childhood games are:
(NES) Pocket Monsters (a bootleg one), Tetris, Track and Field
(PS1) Beyblade, Crash Team Racing, Digimon series, Evil Zone, One Piece Grand Battle 1 & 2, Power Rangers series (Gaorangers and Hurricanegers included), Pro Evolution Soccer (back then it was Winning Eleven in my area), and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4.
(N64) Pokémon Stadium 2, Super Smash Bros.
(GBA) Crash Nitro Kart, Kirby series, Pokémon series, Power Rangers series.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
Old January 1st, 2013 (10:35 PM).
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

Nature: Relaxed
I usually stuck around Nintendo in my childhood (Basically a Gameboy and Nintendo 64). There was Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Yellow, Metroid, Starfox 64, Pokemon Snap and a whole ton more.

Oh, anyone remember Glover or Hey You, Pikachu for the N64? Freaking loved those 2 games.

I shared a PSone with my brother, and we'd play Final Fantasy, Spyro, MegaMan and Castlevania on it.
Old January 2nd, 2013 (09:22 AM).
Perico
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
Games of my childhood... well, I have many, but I'll pick just a few which I most appreciate and like:

- Spyro: If I had to choose only one game, it would be Spyro. I spent days and days playing it! I remember that I started playing the second game (Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage) and I think it's the one I played the most. Then I tried "Spyro the Dragon" (the first one) and finally "Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon". 2 and 3 were my favs, though the first game was amazing too. In fact, I played again Spyro 2 (just to remember my childhood) two years ago and I liked it even more. It was lots of fun!

Spoiler:
Spyro 2

- Crash: I played lots of Crash games: Crash Bandicoot 2 (don't know why I always started playing second games on PSX ), Crash Bash and the one I liked the most, Crash Team Racing (CTR). I spent hours playing CTR with my friends and cousins.

Spoiler:
Crash Team Racing

- Donkey Kong Country: It was the first game I got when I was bought a Game Boy Color. Maybe it's because it was my first game that I like it so much, anyway, I still think its BSO was amazing.

Spoiler:

And those are the games that if I were asked to play them again, I would never refuse to.

Allez, hop!
Old January 2nd, 2013 (09:27 AM).
Gideon Jeremiah
The giving Pokèmon breeder

Nature: Docile
Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy, Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Tales, Xenogears, Elder Scrolls, etc...

I essentially played everything while home ill.
Old January 2nd, 2013 (02:48 PM).
JadedGrizzly
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to JadedGrizzly
For me, it was mostly the PSX, N64 and Dreamcast, I played SNES only a little bit since my uncle owned it.

PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 7, Papparapa the Rapper and Croc
N64: Mario games, Zelda Games, WWF attitude, Kinda generic well know N64 games
Dreamcast: Sonic games and Jet Set Radio.

Of course there are more, just can't think of them right now
Old January 14th, 2013 (10:26 PM).
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
The first actual console I had was a Nintendo 64 and I probably spent more time playing Donkey Kong 64 than anything else. I also had Banjo-Kazooie, but I couldn't bring myself to beat it after I played Banjo-Tooie because it just paled in comparison.

Come to think of it, I had a copy of Wario Land and I don't remember what happened to it.

Sponsored Links