The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 29th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Mr. Avocado
Shall We Begin?
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
So 2013 is just around the corner and we have seen quite a lot of news surrounding games due for release in 2013. E3 have also been providing coverage of upcoming games so we have a good idea of what to expect.

What games are you anticipating for 2013?

Personally, The Last of Us looks like such an amazing game. It's something that stands out but also is different from other games in it's genre. The mechanics look great and the sneak peeks show that it could be one of the best games out there.

Last edited by Mr. Avocado; December 29th, 2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
The game that I'm anticipating most for next year is Grand Theft Auto V. I never actually got into the series until I tried IV for the first time (despite having played Driver and it's sequels), and I fell in love with the games. I've actually gone back to playing IV recently while I'm waiting for the next one to come out, which almost makes me want the next one more. Everything from having three main characters with largely different personalities, side events like dirt biking, golf, tennis and scuba diving, and a map that is larger than GTA IV, San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption's combined is pretty exciting to me. I'll probably end up pre-ordering it around my birthday in January, just so I can get it on release day.

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:41 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I think my most anticipated game for 2013 at the current moment would have to be Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS. I've been a fan of Fire Emblem since the first American release (the 7th in Japan, why Japan? Why?). This release seems really promising since Shadow Dragon was a let down for me. Also, pre-ordering it at Gamestop gives you an awesome Character Art Book. Though it's being released in February so I probably won't be able to afford it D:

Ok, now I'm just rambling on :/

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:28 PM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
For me, I think it would be Sly Cooper and Thieves in Time, I hope (for america atleast) Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2, But my most anticipated game I want is Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX, and Tales of Hearts R. There is more, just can't think of them now xD
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
The game that I'm anticipating most for next year is Grand Theft Auto V.
Two of my mates are working on GTA V at Rockstar Edinburgh. ;)

Off the top of my head, I am looking forward to The Last Of Us, The Elder Scrolls Online, Sim City, Beyond: Two Souls, Total War: Rome II, Tales of Xillia, and Watch Dogs.

Hopefully 2013 will be a good year for gaming! :3
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Mr. Avocado
Shall We Begin?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
Two of my mates are working on GTA V at Rockstar Edinburgh.

Off the top of my head, I am looking forward to The Last Of Us, The Elder Scrolls Online, Sim City, Beyond: Two Souls, Total War: Rome II, Tales of Xillia, and Watch Dogs.

Hopefully 2013 will be a good year for gaming! :3
Total War: Rome II is a game I am really excited for, and I might be giving Tales of Xillia a try by the looks of it. Also, as an Elder Scrolls player and fan, Elder Scrolls Online is something I really can't wait for.

I have never really been into Bioshock all that much, but Infinite seems a pretty nice game that I'll probably end up picking up.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:14 PM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

With Elder Scrolls Online, I don't know how it is going to pan out, but I am excited to give it a go and see how it does pan out. That is one of the things Skyrim missed, for me, the online capability and I wonder if this game fills that void in its own way!

With Bioshock Infinite, I will pick it up at some point, but I am not going to rush out and get it. I don't know why, but I am just not that excited for it.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:24 PM
Mr. Avocado
Shall We Begin?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
With Elder Scrolls Online, I don't know how it is going to pan out, but I am excited to give it a go and see how it does pan out. That is one of the things Skyrim missed, for me, the online capability and I wonder if this game fills that void in its own way!

With Bioshock Infinite, I will pick it up at some point, but I am not going to rush out and get it. I don't know why, but I am just not that excited for it.
There is a lot of hype surrounding Elder Scrolls Online, and there should be, the worry is that it might upset. I really hope it doesn't because I know me and many others are looking forward to this. Elder Scrolls games are normally very detailed, however, and are made very well so there is a good chance that the developers have it all in store for us.

Likewise about Bioshock, it's not a game for me that's an instant purchase, something that I might hesitate buying or regretting. It will look good on shelf either way...
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:09 PM
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Well, besides any new Pokémon releases, Anarchy Reigns comes out next week, if memory serves. If I can't get it on the Xbox Marketplace, I'll have to wait until I can get my 360 fixed. Other than that, there aren't any games I know of yet that I want to see. Although with the recent release of FFIV on iOS devices, and their poking at porting FFV "and more...", hopefully they'll have something on the DS as well.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
I am anticipated for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Pikmin 3, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Deadpool the Video Game, and GTA V.
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
SimCity & Sims 3 University Life so far.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Sydian
revolution

Ready for Pikmin 3! ...After I beat Pikmin 2 of course. :) That's really all I can think of though, haha. Nothing else I've seen coming out really has my interest.

Play the game to change the game
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

The Last of Us is the only game I am considering purchasing this year. I've been following Naughty Dog since Crash Bandicoot, so I know they're gonna release a fantastic game.

There is also supposed to be a Sonic 2013 game, but if it's for WiiU, I won't get it.

Old January 4th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Spinosaurus
Scoundrel with a Fart of Gold

Quite a lot compared to 2012.

-Last of Us
-Pikmin 3
-Luigi's Mansion 2
-Game & Wario
-Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
-Fire Emblem: Awakening
-MLB 13: The Show

Not day one, of course.
Old January 5th, 2013, 07:55 PM
BeausaHD
The Beau In HD

For me it would be Dark Souls 2 (I think its out this year), Halo 5, The Next COD, GTA5.
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Mr. Avocado
Shall We Begin?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeausaHD View Post
The Next COD.
Yes, yes, yes! And what makes it better is that it should be the next Modern Warfare. The Modern Warfare series are my favorite campaigns and multiplayers out of all of them; especially Modern Warfare 2. Although Modern Warfare 3 was a slight let down, they will definitely be improving the game and whatnot. The biggest thing I love about Modern Warfare is definitely the campaign, that's where all of the best CoD characters come in: Reznov, Soap, Shephard, Nikolai, an endless list of names and they all originate from MW. The missions have always been the best, most action-packed and most interesting. This is the FPS I am waiting for.

I would also like to add that Bioshock Infinite looks like it will be an amazing game after the long advert I saw at the cinema. The setting of the game looks brilliant, not to mention all the blowing up and guns that were showcased throughout; I think that is one of the best adverts I have seen for a game, and I have never touched a Bioshock game before, and now I am really anticipating it!

2013 will be an amazing year for gaming!
Old January 6th, 2013, 03:36 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
FE: Awakening
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Bravely Default
Tales of Xillia

That's about it for now. Hopefully Bravely Default is confirmed for localization soon.
Old January 6th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
For me:

DmC: Devil May Cry - The reboot looks amazing, the demo's a lot of fun, and it deserves a chance, despite what the haters say

Dead Space 3 - Survival Horror is my thing, so this game is gonna be on my list for sure. I don't know how smart the co-op function was, but co-op for Resident Evil was a huge success. I think the same's possible for DS3. Also, if I'm right, the campaign mode is playable solo.

Deadpool - This effin' madman is hilarious. Really looking forward to this game, Deadpool is awesome.

GTA V - Having only played Vice City, I'm really hyped for this game. Mainly cause I'm finally 17 and my mother wont be breathing down my neck as much.

Amnesia: Bay of Pigs - I'm not a PC gamer, and never played a PC game before, not even the original Amnesia. But after reading the article in Game Informer, this thing looks SCARY. And I like scary. So I might try it out.
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:06 AM
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage 2, Tomb Raider, The Elder Scrolls Online, Saints Row 4, Dead Island Riptide. Since I tasted Shin Hokuto Musou, I really look forward to the European version.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:40 PM
stiles
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Adamant
Definitely GTA V. Otherwise not much, I'm hoping for something New in the Mass Effect series but that might be farther off than I expect.
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:44 PM
jgalvan100
*****monally Challenged

Nature: Naive
Metal Gear Rising, GTA V, the next Pokemon game, and possibly Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes if its released this year. Oh and the Dragon Quest 7 remake
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:22 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Low View Post
The biggest thing I love about Modern Warfare is definitely the campaign, that's where all of the best CoD characters come in: Reznov, Soap, Shephard, Nikolai, an endless list of names and they all originate from MW.
Reznov is from the Treyarch series of games though, not the Modern Warfare's :P. (I'm 99% sure that the next CoD won't be MW anyway...)

There is no need to say anything more than GTA V, it's going to be amazing. (Plus I won't have to get my Dad to buy me it this year :))
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Mr. Avocado
Shall We Begin?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
Reznov is from the Treyarch series of games though, not the Modern Warfare's . (I'm 99% sure that the next CoD won't be MW anyway...)

There is no need to say anything more than GTA V, it's going to be amazing. (Plus I won't have to get my Dad to buy me it this year )
Gahh, I always get characters mixed up, I meant Makarov

Grand Theft Auto V is going to be superb. I've played all the other GTAs and have enjoyed blowing things up and just messing around, flying stuff and whatnot. GTA IV was definitely, for me, the best GTA out there at the timer and I think that V will be the best.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Taro Tanaka
Do You Believe In Magic?

There're are only two games I'm looking forward to. For one, Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Been a long-time fan of the series, and I hope to get it. the other is Half-Life 2: Episode Three. You know, unless it gets delayed for one more year. And that's about it.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

I am not excited for the next COD game, because I lost interest on Black Ops, because I was just bored of the same old, imo. :(

The more I think about it, the more excited I am for Sim City. Just watching the trailer a while back and again recently, it is just exciting.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links