Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:12 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOverRed View Post
Hello everyone. I'm recently interested in just one aspect of editing a Pokemon Blue ROM. Ever since I was a kid I thought that the character sprite for Blue (Gary, your Rival, etc.) was always a lot cooler than Red (your default character). I would like to know if it is possible for me to swap these characters' sprites so that I can play the game as the sprite of Blue and my rival will be the sprite of Red?

I hope I explained what I am looking to do well enough. Your time is appreciated. Any details would be helpful as I am new to ROM hacking.
If you're not looking for correcting the sprites shown during battle, you can achieve this simply by using a tile layer editor, for example Tile Layer Pro.

Open the rom file with Tile Layer Pro, scroll down all the data until you run into the standing/walking sprites and replace those two with each other. If you're just going to play it yourself and not sharing the hack, I guess you don't have to worry about not having a right bicycle sprite. If you want to do something about the bicycle sprite as well, you're going to have to "re-write" it with Tile Layer Pro there.
My Rom Hack

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:32 AM
BlueOverRed
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
If you're not looking for correcting the sprites shown during battle, you can achieve this simply by using a tile layer editor, for example Tile Layer Pro.

Open the rom file with Tile Layer Pro, scroll down all the data until you run into the standing/walking sprites and replace those two with each other. If you're just going to play it yourself and not sharing the hack, I guess you don't have to worry about not having a right bicycle sprite. If you want to do something about the bicycle sprite as well, you're going to have to "re-write" it with Tile Layer Pro there.
Thank you very much! I really do appreciate this. I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to find out how to swap the sprites, but had no luck until now. Thanks again!
Old January 1st, 2013, 04:41 PM
waw
Unhatched Egg

1. Adding evolutions to Eevee - Leafeon... trying to add this in on Pokemon Ruby with easy use of a Leafstone. Eevee currently has maxed evolutions. I have axed Plusle (good god not another pikachu!!!!) and placed in Leafeon, moves, pokedex, sprite, stats, all of that. I can make Leafeon breed into Eevee (using YAPE). I understand the game must be edited to allow room for an additional evolution. Not sure how to do this however.

2. Editing Birch in the into sequence (and Marill) can I replace him with another trainer sprite? I just can't find where he is. Went through UNLZ a dozen times and cannot find his image. Is there an opener program i could use?

3. Making all trainer battles repeatable - I have advance map, several others, making trainers, and setting up there events. But can I make it so that they can ask to battle again?

4. This is for the end of the game, but I would like to do a series of questions, yes making a battle start, no being a gift of items.

5. Pokemon Red/Blue had pokeballs where you could pick up very rare and unique pokemon (lapras, eevee)... is that possible in Ruby?

Doing searches, trying to find answers, but figure if I can get help along the way it won't hurt. Thank you!
Old January 1st, 2013, 06:51 PM
TheOrangePichu
Currently working on new hack

Nature: Jolly
Hello, I was wondering how do you find the battle animations for a move? I repointed all the tables and everything and was wondering how you get battle animations for custom moves?
Credit to UmbraDragonX on deviantart for the icon!

Old January 1st, 2013, 10:54 PM
Brane
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by waw View Post
1. Adding evolutions to Eevee - Leafeon... trying to add this in on Pokemon Ruby with easy use of a Leafstone. Eevee currently has maxed evolutions. I have axed Plusle (good god not another pikachu!!!!) and placed in Leafeon, moves, pokedex, sprite, stats, all of that. I can make Leafeon breed into Eevee (using YAPE). I understand the game must be edited to allow room for an additional evolution. Not sure how to do this however.

2. Editing Birch in the into sequence (and Marill) can I replace him with another trainer sprite? I just can't find where he is. Went through UNLZ a dozen times and cannot find his image. Is there an opener program i could use?

3. Making all trainer battles repeatable - I have advance map, several others, making trainers, and setting up there events. But can I make it so that they can ask to battle again?

4. This is for the end of the game, but I would like to do a series of questions, yes making a battle start, no being a gift of items.

5. Pokemon Red/Blue had pokeballs where you could pick up very rare and unique pokemon (lapras, eevee)... is that possible in Ruby?

Doing searches, trying to find answers, but figure if I can get help along the way it won't hurt. Thank you!
1. Wouldn't have a clue. It would most likely involve ASM.

2. It should be in UNLZ, but you could try opening the ROM up in TileMolester. It will most definitely be in there.

3. You'd just have to delete the flag I'm fairly sure so that the script doesn't change no matter how many times it's used. If you want to have them ask in a new box whether they want to battle again, you'd just set a flag for the first battle and have the script go to a new script for the remainder of the battles with different dialogue. It's fairly easy stuff, and you should have looked in the tutorial section but I'll link you to a thread that more then likely has your answer somewhere. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276 for XSE or http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128887 for PokeScript

4. This is another simple script you'd have to just take your time to write. You'd have the script continue at a different place depending on the answer. Again, browse the tutorials that I linked in 3.

5. This is another extremely easy script involving the givepokemon command. You'll definitely find it in the tutorials above.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
SK3
Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SK3

Any specific reason why my map is glitched out?

Pokemon
Daydream White version

Want to help out? Just PM or VM me!

Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:14 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK3 View Post

Is that how it looks in A-map?
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:33 PM
SK3
Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SK3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
Is that how it looks in A-map?
No, it only happens in VBA.

Pokemon
Daydream White version

Want to help out? Just PM or VM me!

Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:00 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK3 View Post

Hmmm, that is weird. Are you near any connections?
Or, is the movement permissions the same way you entered it in Advance Map?

Also, does anybody know the offset of the PC? I want to add a new option to the PC menu "Time" (because the PC is a tile behavior in Advance Map)
And, anybody know how to remove Gary from the Oak intro?

-----------------------------------------------
Pokémon Teal Version
: Alphere's Throne
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
: God of Restoration
Uiyto region map still in progress...

Last edited by FrozenInfernoZX; January 3rd, 2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:42 PM
SchokoInc
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrangePichu View Post
Hello, I was wondering how do you find the battle animations for a move? I repointed all the tables and everything and was wondering how you get battle animations for custom moves?
There is already a tutorial in the R&D section for this :) Hope this helped :)
Old January 3rd, 2013, 07:24 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInfernoZX View Post

Also, does anybody know the offset of the PC? I want to add a new option to the PC menu "Time" (because the PC is a tile behavior in Advance Map)
And, anybody know how to remove Gary from the Oak intro?
I found it last night in Ruby, it's at 1A0009 there. Try seaching with a hex editor for the bytes 250601. This is the special which opens up the box that says someones pc and such. When you find the offset, open it up in a script editor and check. This is not the entire script as there is about 15 lines before it so if you find that you need the entire script, just subtract one from the offset until you see lockall and the first msgbox that tells you you've turned on the pc in the script editor.

Last edited by karatekid552; January 3rd, 2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:08 AM
misasoki
Unhatched Egg

well, theres a few questions but some background things are i know how to do stuff for the most part, but there are a few things im not really sure about, also, im doing a firered hack
1. can i make the overworld sprites for people completely in monochrome, save for a few?
2. is it possible to make a whole map at once monochrome, and then later make different things in color?
3. if not, is there another way to do it?
4. how do i make the healing circle thing in lavender tower work, stepping in the circle and getting healed
the reason i want to know these things are because im trying to make a creepypasta-ish hack, with almost everything in black and white save for a few things to make everything feel more "off"
edit, i found another thing i need help with
5. im trying to mae it so that all the water in the game will be red, i've looked at the palettes and cant find the normal surf water in red, might need a bit of help with that

Last edited by misasoki; January 3rd, 2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:23 AM
awipe1

When I applied Jpans hacker, I got a problem in a few of my maps.
In AdvancedMap, when I went to the events tab, the map was gone; Like I can't see the map in the events tab, but I can see the map in the other tabs. I am not able to put new events in on those maps anymore. Anyone know a way to fix this?
Check out my Pokemon Rom! Click the Image Below!

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by misasoki View Post
well, theres a few questions but some background things are i know how to do stuff for the most part, but there are a few things im not really sure about, also, im doing a firered hack
1. can i make the overworld sprites for people completely in monochrome, save for a few?
2. is it possible to make a whole map at once monochrome, and then later make different things in color?
3. if not, is there another way to do it?
4. how do i make the healing circle thing in lavender tower work, stepping in the circle and getting healed
the reason i want to know these things are because im trying to make a creepypasta-ish hack, with almost everything in black and white save for a few things to make everything feel more "off"
edit, i found another thing i need help with
5. im trying to mae it so that all the water in the game will be red, i've looked at the palettes and cant find the normal surf water in red, might need a bit of help with that
1. You can do whatever you want with sprites, especially since you can use JPAN's hacked engine and have as many pallets as you please. To do this, I would say just redo all of the palletes to create the monochrome effect you are looking for, but save one or two (if you're not going to use JPAN's hack, which you could just make more) and use those to color your "normal sprites".

2. I have no idea, but I believe it would involve a map script. The "previously on your quest" is able to make any map look black and white, so it is possible to change a maps color. hmmm

3. You could have two maps, one in monochrome and one in color. Every warp would have to be a script and depending on a flag you would go to either the monochrome one or the colored one.

4. Script! You could copy the one in Lavender Town or write your own. Little tutorial that I found a while ago, hopefully it will help: Tutorial
The "fadescreen" command can be used to create the flash and "special 0x0" will heal your Pokemon.

5. Your gonna have to redraw the water in red, along with it's animation. Here's some options: "Okay tutorial but all of the pictures are messed up" or "a general animation tutorial"

Quote:
Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
In AdvancedMap, when I went to the events tab, the map was gone; Like I can't see the map in the events tab, but I can see the map in the other tabs. I am not able to put new events in on those maps anymore. Anyone know a way to fix this?
I know that if there aren't any events on a map, it won't show the map, but I don't understand not being able edit the events.

Just a couple questions to help anyone understand what is going on:
1. Were you able to edit events before applying JPAN's hack?

2. Did you clean your rom with JPAN's cleaner?

3. Did you make any modifications to the rom before applying the hack.

4. Did you use the patch and do everything, or did you use the tool and select only certain things or everything.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:05 AM
misasoki
Unhatched Egg

thanks for that! ought to download that now, it would actually be interesting to make the previously on your quest thing replaced with colour and the normal in monochrome!
Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:40 PM
awipe1

Quote:
I know that if there aren't any events on a map, it won't show the map, but I don't understand not being able edit the events.

Just a couple questions to help anyone understand what is going on:
1. Were you able to edit events before applying JPAN's hack?

2. Did you clean your rom with JPAN's cleaner?

3. Did you make any modifications to the rom before applying the hack.

4. Did you use the patch and do everything, or did you use the tool and select only certain things or everything.
1. Yeah I was, I had a whole bunch of my own made events

2. Hmmm maybe? What is JPAN's cleaner? Is that a seperate program?

3. No I didn't

4.I used the patch

Thanks for helping me! I really appreciate the time you are taking to assist me!
Check out my Pokemon Rom! Click the Image Below!

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:57 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
1. Yeah I was, I had a whole bunch of my own made events

2. Hmmm maybe? What is JPAN's cleaner? Is that a seperate program?

3. No I didn't

4.I used the patch

Thanks for helping me! I really appreciate the time you are taking to assist me!
Your answer to 1 and 3 confuses me, you didn't modify the rom, but you made custom events.... So, you modified the rom? haha I guess you thought I meant with a hex editor and such. Anyways, I know that the patch will apply everything to specific areas and if you have made any custom events or modifications in those areas, they could get screwed up, whereas the tool will only apply to free space except for modifications like changing special pointers.

JPAN's cleaner is a patch will clear out every old script, event, and such. It wasn't until now that I learned his engine is built on it. Whoops. So, the patch version of his hack will clear out all old scripts from the original game. However, I just tested it myself and I can still create new events. Try patching a different rom and see how it goes. If you still can't make new events, then I don't know what to tell you. Also, give the tool a try, it won't clear out all old scripts.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 07:52 PM
Herpahermaderp
I liek Mudkipz

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Herpahermaderp
Quote:
The problem wasn't very hard to duplicate or fix. First, you open your ROM in A-Map, click the 'Events' tab, go down to where it lists the events(Person, Signpost, Warp, Script). Change the '0' next to these to any number you like, and click 'Change events'. The screen will still show no map, but have no worries, as that will be fixed in a moment. Press Ctrl+S, making sure everything is saved, and close out of A-Map. Now, reopen your ROM in A-Map, and open the 'Events' tab again. Your map should show now. The events you previously created will be sitting in the top left corner of the map. Just click them and drag them where you want them to be.
Y: Roak || 1177-8023-4387
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:48 PM
Noossab Blue

I've got something odd happening in my hack.

I copied the guy who blocks Cerulean Cave to a different map, keeping everything else the same. Now when you talk to him, he's unlimited awakenings...any ideas?
IGN: Anna/Noossab Blue
3DS FC: 3196 3609 8450

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Old January 4th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Brane
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noossab Blue View Post
I've got something odd happening in my hack.

I copied the guy who blocks Cerulean Cave to a different map, keeping everything else the same. Now when you talk to him, he's unlimited awakenings...any ideas?
He would have most likely had scripts in the level script assigned to him so that it changes automatically depending on where you've reached in the game. It'd be easier to just write your own script.
Old January 4th, 2013, 09:37 PM
waw
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by brane View Post
1. Wouldn't have a clue. It would most likely involve ASM.

2. It should be in UNLZ, but you could try opening the ROM up in TileMolester. It will most definitely be in there.

3. You'd just have to delete the flag I'm fairly sure so that the script doesn't change no matter how many times it's used. If you want to have them ask in a new box whether they want to battle again, you'd just set a flag for the first battle and have the script go to a new script for the remainder of the battles with different dialogue. It's fairly easy stuff, and you should have looked in the tutorial section but I'll link you to a thread that more then likely has your answer somewhere. [links]

4. This is another simple script you'd have to just take your time to write. You'd have the script continue at a different place depending on the answer. Again, browse the tutorials that I linked in 3.

5. This is another extremely easy script involving the givepokemon command. You'll definitely find it in the tutorials above.
1. Leafeon evolution -> can anyone tell me how to open up the raw ASM of the game? Where you could edit something like this? (Eevee evolutions). I can't find it.

2. Thanks!
3. Thanks!
4. Thanks!
5. Thanks!

Looking at the script is hard for me, and its hard to know how to write it from a noob stand point, but those helped, and I was able to find a few others in line with all of that. Still got a couple of questions.

1. Editing Ruby Intro - (NOT title screen) - the text and Birch sprite. Apparently Text Editor works, but for me, it is all messed up. Any text edited in the intro (even those without making it repoint/go too long) messes up text ELSEWHERE (dialogue) in Littleroot.

2. Opening Sequence- Ruby has that cursed truck scene (which I'm utilizing) but I'm having trouble editing all of the dialogue! (After setting the clock, the mom comes in, after rescuing Birch, he goes into a rant in the lab with questions). No matter what part of the script on my ADVANCE MAP and PKSV I open up, this isn't showing up. Again, A-TEXT is failing me here. Recommendations or thoughts?

3. PKSVU has a script generator and there are various PKSV command tutorials out there, but what i cannot seem to find is the merging of scripts.

For example of the most complicated I would like a trainer to:
Ask a question, if yes, then battle.
If won, give pokemon/item/egg.
Then the trainer walk away/disappear like the rival.

This basic string of code is something I would really like to use. I'm seeing them in the tutorials but not exactly explaining the mixing and matching. (Maybe they are and I'm too dumb to catch it).

4. Advance Map has no highlight/copy/paste method for its tiles does it?

5. Lastly, and mostly out of interest, has anyone created map packs of Kanto/Johto for R/S/E to be uploaded via A-MAP? While this really isn't necessary, it could be super fun to mess around with.
Old January 5th, 2013, 02:51 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by waw View Post
1. Leafeon evolution -> can anyone tell me how to open up the raw ASM of the game? Where you could edit something like this? (Eevee evolutions). I can't find it.

2. Thanks!
3. Thanks!
4. Thanks!
5. Thanks!

Looking at the script is hard for me, and its hard to know how to write it from a noob stand point, but those helped, and I was able to find a few others in line with all of that. Still got a couple of questions.

1. Editing Ruby Intro - (NOT title screen) - the text and Birch sprite. Apparently Text Editor works, but for me, it is all messed up. Any text edited in the intro (even those without making it repoint/go too long) messes up text ELSEWHERE (dialogue) in Littleroot.

2. Opening Sequence- Ruby has that cursed truck scene (which I'm utilizing) but I'm having trouble editing all of the dialogue! (After setting the clock, the mom comes in, after rescuing Birch, he goes into a rant in the lab with questions). No matter what part of the script on my ADVANCE MAP and PKSV I open up, this isn't showing up. Again, A-TEXT is failing me here. Recommendations or thoughts?

3. PKSVU has a script generator and there are various PKSV command tutorials out there, but what i cannot seem to find is the merging of scripts.

For example of the most complicated I would like a trainer to:
Ask a question, if yes, then battle.
If won, give pokemon/item/egg.
Then the trainer walk away/disappear like the rival.

This basic string of code is something I would really like to use. I'm seeing them in the tutorials but not exactly explaining the mixing and matching. (Maybe they are and I'm too dumb to catch it).

4. Advance Map has no highlight/copy/paste method for its tiles does it?

5. Lastly, and mostly out of interest, has anyone created map packs of Kanto/Johto for R/S/E to be uploaded via A-MAP? While this really isn't necessary, it could be super fun to mess around with.
1. A-text is the best way to edit the text but if you're having problems then do it manually and use a hex editor to edit the text in it.

2. You're just editing the dialogue? I recommend you using XSE rather than using PKSV it's much easier and is more widely used. And it may be because your text is larger than the text before I recommend you repointing the script by replacing the offset with a pointer and compile it again your new text should work.

3. Mixing matching? You can just put them in one script and there will be no arguments. I really recommend you using XSE.

So the script that you want would be something like this in XSE.

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @question 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @yes
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto @no
end

#org @yes
msgbox @great 0x6
trainerbattle 0x3 0x(Trainer ID) 0x0 @win
msgbox @after 0x6
giveegg 0x1
givepokemon 0x19 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
giveitem 0x4 0x5 0x0
msgbox @takecare 0x6
applymovement 0x(Person Event No.) @move
waitmovement 0x0
sound 0x9
hidesprite 0x(Person Event No.)
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @no
msgbox @ok 0x6
release
end

#org @question
= Hey \v\h01!\pWould you like to have a battle\nwith me?

#org @great
= Great!\pI won't hold back though!

#org @win
= What?!\pHow could I lose?

#org @after
= Pretty nice battle \v\h01!\pIt was so much fun, even though I\nlost.\pI'll win next time anyways!\pOh, and here are some things from\nme to you.\pA Bulbasaur EGG, Pikachu, and 5\nPoké Balls!

#org @takecare
= Take care of them \v\h01 ok?\pWell, I'll be going now, I'll be\nseing you later.

#org @ok
= Ok, come back if you change your\nmind.

#org @move
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

Here's the explained script.

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000 <- Where XSE will find free-space to insert your script.

#org @start <- Starts the script.
lock <- Locks the player to the NPC.
faceplayer <- The NPC will face the player.
msgbox @question 0x5 <- Makes a textbox with a yes/no multichoice box appear. It makes the text on the "@question" appear.
compare LASTRESULT 0x1 <- Checks if you choose "YES" as your answer.
if 0x1 goto @yes <- If it is true that you chose "YES" then the script will continue or go to the pointer "@yes"
compare LASTRESULT 0x0 <- Checks if you choose "NO" as your answer.
if 0x1 goto @no <- If it is true that you chose "NO" then the script will contninue or go to the pointer "@no"
end

#org @yes <- Pointer "@yes" serves as a bookmark of this part of the script.
msgbox @great 0x6 <- Makes a normal textbox to appear that will close after you click when the text is finished. It makes the text at the pointer "@great" appear.
trainerbattle 0x3 0x(Trainer ID) 0x0 @win <- Makes a battle to start with a trainer, replace "(Trainer ID)" with the Trainers ID no. (You can edit Trainers using A-Trainer), 0x3 is the trainer battle type and there are many types of it which is explained in my tutorial here. And the pointer "@win" refers to the text to be displayed when you defeat your opponent.
msgbox @after 0x6 <- Makes a normal textbox to appear that will close after you click when the text is finished. It makes the text at the pointer "after" appear.
giveegg 0x1 <- Gives a Bulbasaur Egg.
givepokemon 0x19 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 <- This gives you a Level 5 Pikachu.
giveitem 0x4 0x5 0x0 <- Now this one gives you 5 Poké Balls and displays a script at the end that you received the item that you gave to the player.
msgbox @takecare 0x6 <- Makes a normal textbox to appear that will close after you click when the text is finished. It makes the text at the pointer "takecare" appear.
applymovement 0x(Person Event No.) @move <- This is a movement command and replace "(Person Event No.)" with the Person Event No. of the OW you want to move. (You can view that in Advance Map.) And the pointer "@move" refers to the movement that is going to be done.
waitmovement 0x0 <- Waits for the movements to finish.
sound 0x9 <- Makes a door sound, since you want the person bearing this script to disappear in the house by goignout.
hidesprite 0x(Person Event No.) <- Hides the sprite of the OW that has the Person Event No. it uses.
setflag 0x200 <- Sets the flag 200, put it in the Person ID so the OW will dissappear forever!
release <- Releases the player, this is needed to be in the end of the scripts if you put a "lock" command at your script.
end <- Ends the script.

#org @no
msgbox @ok 0x6 <- Makes a normal textbox to appear that will close after you click when the text is finished. It makes the text at the pointer "ok" appear.
release <- Releases the player, this is needed to be in the end of the scripts if you put a "lock" command at your script.
end <- Ends the script.

#org @question
= Hey \v\h01!\pWould you like to have a battle\nwith me? <- The text to be displayed in pointer "@question".

#org @great
= Great!\pI won't hold back though! <- The text to be displayed in pointer "@great".

#org @win
= What?!\pHow could I lose? <- The text to be displayed in pointer "@win".

#org @after
= Pretty nice battle \v\h01!\pIt was so much fun, even though I\nlost.\pI'll win next time anyways!\pOh, and here are some things from\nme to you.\pA Bulbasaur EGG, Pikachu, and 5\nPoké Balls! <- The text to be displayed in pointer "@after".

#org @takecare
= Take care of them \v\h01 ok?\pWell, I'll be going now, I'll be\nseing you later. <- The text to be displayed in pointer "@takecare".

#org @ok
= Ok, come back if you change your\nmind. <- The text to be displayed in pointer "@ok".

#org @move <- The movements to be done in pointer "@move". #raw 0x10 = One Step Down. You can view the full list of the movements in my tutorial.
#raw 0x10 <- One Step Down.
#raw 0xFE <- Ends the movement.

4. There are, there's multiple buttons on top of the A-map tab like the paint and select etc.

5. Map Packs? What are those? :3
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:03 AM
karatekid552

For your "map packs", I would contact someone, you you find them, that has created maps for Jhoto/kanto on R/S/E and is willing to share them. No body has "map packs" like you would in CoD or such:D

And tajaros, those tools for painting maps are only in 1.95. Remember that because alot of people don't use 1.95 due to the bugs and it is more difficult to use. I personally, create the maps and data and such in 1.92, then open up 1.95 and draw them.

Paired with Simba
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Noossab Blue

Got a couple questions:

1. Is there a way to make blizzard 100% accurate in hail for fire red? I assume a similar mechanic is already built into the game since Thunder is 100% accurate in rain...

2. Is there a way to make it hail in-battle when the weather is set to snow in fire red?
IGN: Anna/Noossab Blue
3DS FC: 3196 3609 8450

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Old January 6th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Manderek
Unhatched Egg

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum although I've played a lot of hacks and followed this a while. I've started hacking myself, and already done some small things. There are so many tuts out there, I'm kinda lost... I'm hacking a Ruby game, and what I basicly want now, is to edit the main story line. The truck is cursed, I've accepted that. But I hope to achieve that when leaving the truck, you'll end up in Littleroot, which is fine, but then the whole Mom story needs to be changed. I found a script through AM where MOM talks to you the first time, and I'm using PKSV-UI as scripting program since XSE gives a Runtime error which won't be fixed, even after changing my DPI values (windows 7).

Sorry to be such a noob, I've modded some PC games before, but this is a bit more scripting. Main goal of this post: After the truck, I want my own scripts to start, not all the MOM/enter house/set clock scripts etc.

Thanks in advance, sorry for long post/wrong section maybe
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here