• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Arlo's Art Gallery

Years
Some of these will be quite large.
In no particular order.
1357119629.lordarlo_desertecho.png

^ MLP OC
1351670141.lordarlo_magpie.png

^ Was a commission
1351598151.lordarlo_snowshot.png

^ Was a commission
1348246186.lordarlo_arlosad.png

^ My fursona
1348043504.lordarlo_cadence.png

mei_mei_by_lordarlo-d5jqdt9.png

^ MLP OC
faunie_the_green_poogle_by_lordarlo-d5o0xn8.png

I DO have a deviantART, but it no longer gets updated, as DA logs me out whenever I go to the submit page. My furaffinity, however, is here.
There is mature art on there, but you can only see it if you're a member and have made your settings so you can see it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey there! :D

I'm not familiar with My Little Pony or it's style of art, so I might not be the best person to comment on this particular thread.. but your eye for color and evoking an emotion is too good for this thread to not get any attention!

Initially, I thought your work was very simplistic in its design. But upon closer inspection, specifically this piece, I found that your line work is nearly immaculate. The width of every line is consistent and changes just slightly to compliment the character and show depth. And I love how you seldom use black in outlining or in your characters in general, with the exception of the eyes and this one. It makes your work so light and fluffy and easy on the eyes.

I, personally, would love to see what you can do when you branch out a little more. The animals are cute, but I'd love to see some of your other work if you have any! n_n;

Years
Thank you very much! :)

I've got something new to add to this thread. The cutie mark alone took 3 hours.
Warning; It's huge
Spoiler:

Years
Wow, these are all really great! Your expressions are cute and your shading is quite nice. However, for that real pony! look, I'd say to try and make their faces even more exaggerated! My only other recommendation would be to advance what looks like to be your style (meaning Cadance and that neato Queen). The bulk of what I'm seeing here is working off other artists' styles - meaning the official Gen 4 style and Slugbox's style. Your style looks really cool and builds off the base the official style gives us. I really think you can improve a lot of you try to explore your own style! But still, this is all really great. :3 Keep up the cute work!

(Okay I have one more suggestion - could you possibly size down your pictures for the forum? Out of curiosity, or if it's a certain preference.)

Years
I actually started drawing like Slugbox, then got compared to him, and that was how I found out I was drawing like him ahaha
Obviously the one of my fursona with the yellow background is a nod to him, but it's not so much me working off his style, as it was a similar style in the first place.

A lot of my G4 style art is commissions where I was asked to make it look G4.

Sorry about the sizes. I've just taken a lot of the links from my FurAffinity, as it take forever for any art programs to open on my laptop :c

Years
Haha, I see! I kinda understand - I really like to imitate artists I like as well - mainly purplekecleon because aaaaaa purplekecleon. And I can't criticize you for doing as a commissioner asks, oops.

Ah man, that stinks. I'd recommend using spoiler tags then? It would make all of your images the same size but allow viewers to see them one at a time, at least.
(Also, your image are kinda broken to me. Dunno if that's just a thing or just me.)

Back