The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:00 PM
shubshub's Avatar
shubshub
Master of The Y
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lumiose City, Kalos
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
What I really want to know is Why? Nintendo Why?
Why did you develop Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 for the Nintendo DS and not the Nintendo 3DS

Ok I Understand that its theoretically a Split 3rd Version and should technically be on the same system as the First Versions But If they had developed them for the 3DS then the graphics could have been far more enchanced in terms of Graphics


so disucss why you think they were developed for the Nintendo DS and not the Nintendo 3DS
__________________
ShubLink has been Discontinued and will be Replaced by a new service
Friend Codes
[Pokemon Black]: 3096 8948 7035 [OT: Chris ID: 15969]
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:08 PM
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru
オニゴーリ
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
The main reason they made B2/W2 for the DS instead of 3DS was to ensure compatibility with Black and White since you can trade and battle with those games.

3DS games are specially made with a thicker cartridge that cannot be inserted into the regular DS, and if you made B/W for DS and B2/W2 with 3DS the games would not work with each other and also the Poke Transfer would not work given it requires a second DS with a 4th Generation game.

So yeah, that's the main reason why the games were not made specially for 3DS, and DS games can be played on a 3DS anyway.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:10 PM
shubshub's Avatar
shubshub
Master of The Y
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lumiose City, Kalos
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
The main reason they made B2/W2 for the DS instead of 3DS was to ensure compatibility with Black and White since you can trade and battle with those games.

3DS games are specially made with a thicker cartridge that cannot be inserted into the regular DS, and if you made B/W for DS and B2/W2 with 3DS the games would not work with each other and also the Poke Transfer would not work given it requires a second DS with a 4th Generation game.

So yeah, that's the main reason why the games were not made specially for 3DS, and DS games can be played on a 3DS anyway.
Nintendo would be able to work out a way to do it
They would be compatible as long as the data structure stayed the same and all the changed was the Graphics
__________________
ShubLink has been Discontinued and will be Replaced by a new service
Friend Codes
[Pokemon Black]: 3096 8948 7035 [OT: Chris ID: 15969]
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:13 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Gamefreak made it for the DS. Nintendo published it. Nintendo only makes Mario games first hand. Every other game is credited to the actual development company.

As for why, Gamefreak sped up its creation to make sure they got it out for the DS with its predecessor so that all Gen 5 games were for the same console.
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:17 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura's Avatar
Hiroshi Sotomura
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
The main reason they made B2/W2 for the DS instead of 3DS was to ensure compatibility with Black and White since you can trade and battle with those games.

3DS games are specially made with a thicker cartridge that cannot be inserted into the regular DS, and if you made B/W for DS and B2/W2 with 3DS the games would not work with each other and also the Poke Transfer would not work given it requires a second DS with a 4th Generation game.

So yeah, that's the main reason why the games were not made specially for 3DS, and DS games can be played on a 3DS anyway.
Stating what seemingly is speculation as a fact? Compatibility between DS and 3DS games is realistically trivial. Wi-Fi is Wi-Fi, the 3DS and DS both support 802.11b/g/n, and there's little technical stopgap (rather, if there's any issues, it's to do with implementation) preventing a DS game from communicating.

While I'm dumbfounded by GameFreak's decision to release a DSi game (if anyone's read any threads), it's much easier to whip up a game within two years while reusing stuff from the previous engine, no porting or big issues necessary. I take it if they were to port what they had, they'd probably take a bit more than two years to get a game out. A nice compromise would be the DSi-specific features implemented in Black 2/White 2 - at least you've got the camera and the enhanced Wi-Fi.
__________________
Hiroshi Sotomura

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:18 PM
shubshub's Avatar
shubshub
Master of The Y
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lumiose City, Kalos
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Gamefreak made it for the DS. Nintendo published it. Nintendo only makes Mario games first hand. Every other game is credited to the actual development company.

As for why, Gamefreak sped up its creation to make sure they got it out for the DS with its predecessor so that all Gen 5 games were for the same console.
Good Point

I Understand why Pokemon BW was On Nintendo DS Because they were In development before 2008
I Remember reading somewhere they were in Development Before Platinum Correct me if Im wrong though

But B2W2 Could have truly been Far more Enhanced if Game Freak had developed them for the Nintendo 3DS

@Hiroshi I Just Noticed you Live in Australia
We Have the Same Region 3DS (That is if you have a 3DS?)
__________________
ShubLink has been Discontinued and will be Replaced by a new service
Friend Codes
[Pokemon Black]: 3096 8948 7035 [OT: Chris ID: 15969]
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:19 PM
Keiran's Avatar
Keiran
Moshtradamus
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Making a game and pigeonholing the enormous fan base into buying a handheld (that gives almost no benefit from its predecessor) would never go over well. It wouldn't make much sense from a developmental or business viewpoint. Before BW2 was even released internationally, it had sold about 80% of what the top 3DS game sold worldwide in Japan alone.

Also, the game was made by Gamefreak. Nintendo develops the platforms and publishes then distributes games.

and all of my points were ninjad while I was typing this oops
__________________
Mod of Trade Corner| Pair | Trainer Information

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:23 PM
Sudeki's Avatar
Sudeki
Can you feel it?
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Golden Rod
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
They would lose a lot more sales if they made it a 3DS exclusive, you can still play a regular DS game on a 3DS, but not the other way around. Not to mention that would mean they could not recycle most of the original b/w. The only reason they would of made it a 3DS game and not just a DS game that can be run on any DS system is if they needed to push more sales for the 3DS.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:24 PM
shubshub's Avatar
shubshub
Master of The Y
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lumiose City, Kalos
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
Before BW2 was even released internationally, it had sold about 80% of what the top 3DS game sold worldwide in Japan alone.
Yes but The DS Black and White 2 Could still have used 3D Graphics like Dragon Quest Then to really push it to its Limits as this will probably be the final Nintendo DS Game ever made (Commercially anyway)
__________________
ShubLink has been Discontinued and will be Replaced by a new service
Friend Codes
[Pokemon Black]: 3096 8948 7035 [OT: Chris ID: 15969]
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:43 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudeki View Post
They would lose a lot more sales if they made it a 3DS exclusive, you can still play a regular DS game on a 3DS, but not the other way around. Not to mention that would mean they could not recycle most of the original b/w. The only reason they would of made it a 3DS game and not just a DS game that can be run on any DS system is if they needed to push more sales for the 3DS.
Nintendo as a Franchise does this on a nearly yearly basis. No they wouldn't lose money as the fans would go out and buy the new consoles to play the new games. Gamefreak being a part of Nintendo could have made Gen 5 on the 3DS while it was still new as all the Mario games did an immediate switch to the 3DS as well as other big name titles and people went out to buy 3DS' for those titles. Pokemon isn't an exception to this.

We have the Wii U out now so almost all Wii game production has halted. Almost all the games coming out will be for the Wii U and the 3DS has started a full switch. Production of DS games is either over or slowing to a standstill and production of the handhelds and the original Wiis have pretty much stopped.

That's how Nintendo as a company has done business since its inception.

Gamefreak, since they did not want to move to the larger consoles at the time of B/W's conception continued to make games for the DS. B2W2 were rushed because there was a deadline to make DS games that they wanted to meet.

Nintendo will continue to make newer consoles as time passes and every time there will be a forced switch over either right after creation (home consoles) or a few years down the line (Handhelds). Development companies have to produce for the next big thing or rush their work to get it out on the latest console before it bellies up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubshub View Post
Yes but The DS Black and White 2 Could still have used 3D Graphics like Dragon Quest Then to really push it to its Limits as this will probably be the final Nintendo DS Game ever made (Commercially anyway)
No actually Gamefreak does not want to move out of sprites. They've actually made these comments many times. Junichi Matsuda and Mr. Unno were questioned about making "3D" Pokemon images for Home Consoles, and the answer to both was "We don't want to." They admit it would be nice, but it took away from the meaning of the games and the core reason for them. The current directors do not want to use 3D renders in place of sprites and prefer using sprites. They also do not like the idea of making a home console game as the Pokemon games are meant to be taken with you as you travel hence the name Pocket Monsters.

Will we get either of these? They said sometime in the distant future, yes, maybe. Do they want to do this? NOPE!
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:50 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura's Avatar
Hiroshi Sotomura
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubshub View Post
@Hiroshi I Just Noticed you Live in Australia
We Have the Same Region 3DS (That is if you have a 3DS?)
I have a 3DS - it's not the same region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
Making a game and pigeonholing the enormous fan base into buying a handheld (that gives almost no benefit from its predecessor) would never go over well. It wouldn't make much sense from a developmental or business viewpoint. Before BW2 was even released internationally, it had sold about 80% of what the top 3DS game sold worldwide in Japan alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudeki View Post
They would lose a lot more sales if they made it a 3DS exclusive, you can still play a regular DS game on a 3DS, but not the other way around. Not to mention that would mean they could not recycle most of the original b/w. The only reason they would of made it a 3DS game and not just a DS game that can be run on any DS system is if they needed to push more sales for the 3DS.
I disagree to these points. The 3DS is the current generation handheld system, so of course Nintendo would be pushing for games to be developed on it. Given the steady rise in sales of 3DS consoles, Pokémon could definitely give the 3DS some extra (and at the time of Japanese release, needed) sales momentum.

Given the sales rate of Animal Crossing, there's no better time to get to releasing a Pokémon game to ride the 3DS sales momentum. And really? People who want Pokémon and don't have a 3DS? They'll get one. As we type messages back and forth, the folks at GameFreak are inevitably midway in the development of a 3DS Pokémon title. Obviously it wasn't going to be Black 2 and White 2.
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:53 PM
shubshub's Avatar
shubshub
Master of The Y
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lumiose City, Kalos
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
I have a 3DS - it's not the same region.




I disagree to these points. The 3DS is the current generation handheld system, so of course Nintendo would be pushing for games to be developed on it. Given the steady rise in sales of 3DS consoles, Pokémon could definitely give the 3DS some extra (and at the time of Japanese release, needed) sales momentum.

Given the sales rate of Animal Crossing, there's no better time to get to releasing a Pokémon game to ride the 3DS sales momentum. And really? People who want Pokémon and don't have a 3DS? They'll get one. As we type messages back and forth, the folks at GameFreak are inevitably midway in the development of a 3DS Pokémon title. Obviously it wasn't going to be Black 2 and White 2.
And anyway Most Likely a Pokemon Title May have been In development from the start of the 3DS LifeSpan
Just they Haven't told us anything because it would ruin the surprise
__________________
ShubLink has been Discontinued and will be Replaced by a new service
Friend Codes
[Pokemon Black]: 3096 8948 7035 [OT: Chris ID: 15969]
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:41 PM
Chaos Rush's Avatar
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylor Swift
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
If I recall correctly, Game Freak was highlighted as one of the first-priority companies to receive the 3DS development kits during late 2009 (or even earlier than that). Either way, we know that Game Freak has probably been working on a 3DS Pokémon engine for a while, and are perfecting it to the best of their ability.

Pokémon Black & White were on the DS because they began developing it before they even knew about the 3DS. Remember the "C-Gear took 4 years to develop" quote? Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 were still on the DS because it would allow a shorter development cycle.

Game Freak has confirmed before that they don't just work on things when they want to make a new game, they're always designing new Pokémon, new features, etc., and they decide whether they want to use it in a Pokémon game or not.

One thing about Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 though, is that it is the last Nintendo-published game for the DS (correct me if I'm wrong), and because it is a late DS-game, it happens to do a great job at showing off all of the power that the original 2004 DS Phat could do. There's always been that late game in the console's lifespan that pushes it to its limits: for NES it was Kirby's Adventure, for SNES its arguably Yoshi's Island or DKC3, idk for N64, for Gamecube it was Twilight Princess, idk for Wii (Skyward Sword maybe?), for the original Game Boy it was Pokémon Gold & Silver (even though they are marketed as GBC games, they are technically black-cartridge GB games that can still be played on the original Game Boy), for the Game Boy Advance it was Drill Dozer, and for the Nintendo DS it's Pokémon Black 2 & White 2.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:52 PM
shubshub's Avatar
shubshub
Master of The Y
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lumiose City, Kalos
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
If I recall correctly, Game Freak was highlighted as one of the first-priority companies to receive the 3DS development kits during late 2009 (or even earlier than that). Either way, we know that Game Freak has probably been working on a 3DS Pokémon engine for a while, and are perfecting it to the best of their ability.

Pokémon Black & White were on the DS because they began developing it before they even knew about the 3DS. Remember the "C-Gear took 4 years to develop" quote? Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 were still on the DS because it would allow a shorter development cycle.

Game Freak has confirmed before that they don't just work on things when they want to make a new game, they're always designing new Pokémon, new features, etc., and they decide whether they want to use it in a Pokémon game or not.

One thing about Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 though, is that it is the last Nintendo-published game for the DS (correct me if I'm wrong), and because it is a late DS-game, it happens to do a great job at showing off all of the power that the original 2004 DS Phat could do. There's always been that late game in the console's lifespan that pushes it to its limits: for NES it was Kirby's Adventure, for SNES its arguably Yoshi's Island or DKC3, idk for N64, for Gamecube it was Twilight Princess, idk for Wii (Skyward Sword maybe?), for the original Game Boy it was Pokémon Gold & Silver (even though they are marketed as GBC games, they are technically black-cartridge GB games that can still be played on the original Game Boy), for the Game Boy Advance it was Drill Dozer, and for the Nintendo DS it's Pokémon Black 2 & White 2.
And for Something Like PS2... God knows how that went on for so long

EDIT: But thats getting off topic


I Have a Feeling that A Pokemon Game will be a Final Library Game for the 3DS


EDIT2: Perhaps we may even see Gen VII On the 3DS Also (Wouldn't be surprised)
__________________
ShubLink has been Discontinued and will be Replaced by a new service
Friend Codes
[Pokemon Black]: 3096 8948 7035 [OT: Chris ID: 15969]
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:15 AM
Chaos Rush's Avatar
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylor Swift
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubshub View Post
I Have a Feeling that A Pokemon Game will be a Final Library Game for the 3DS


EDIT2: Perhaps we may even see Gen VII On the 3DS Also (Wouldn't be surprised)
lol Generation VI, Pokémon Paper and Pokémon Scissors, coming out September 2014, still on DS. Then there will be Pokémon Paper 2 & Scissors 2 in 2015, but can only be played on DSi and later. Then finally Pokémon Rock will come out on April 33rd 2016, on iOS.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:19 AM
shubshub's Avatar
shubshub
Master of The Y
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lumiose City, Kalos
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
lol Generation VI, Pokémon Paper and Pokémon Scissors, coming out September 2014, still on DS. Then there will be Pokémon Paper 2 & Scissors 2 in 2015, but can only be played on DSi and later. Then finally Pokémon Rock will come out on April 33rd 2016, on iOS.
Lolz

Then in 2022 When the 4DS is like 6 Years Into Life Span (Probably not that but whatever)

Pokemon Glass and Pokemon Sand Versions on the 3DS

But anyway Back On Topic again (Just though that was kinda funny)
__________________
ShubLink has been Discontinued and will be Replaced by a new service
Friend Codes
[Pokemon Black]: 3096 8948 7035 [OT: Chris ID: 15969]
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:49 AM
Altairis's Avatar
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: database database
Gender: Female
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I'm pretty sure this is the last Pokemon game for the DS, sadly as I don't think Pokemon can pull off 3D well. (the 3dPMD looks... "chunky" and not as good as the older ones imo).

Weren't people thinking this when there was a switch from the Gameboys to the DS? If you don't buy this system, you can't play, ever again? All systems are put out eventually, I guess it's the DS's time. =/
__________________
showdown, gallery, anime, & family
Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:52 AM
shubshub's Avatar
shubshub
Master of The Y
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lumiose City, Kalos
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
I'm pretty sure this is the last Pokemon game for the DS, sadly as I don't think Pokemon can pull off 3D well. (the 3dPMD looks... "chunky" and not as good as the older ones imo).

Weren't people thinking this when there was a switch from the Gameboys to the DS? If you don't buy this system, you can't play, ever again? All systems are put out eventually, I guess it's the DS's time. =/
:o That gives me an Idea Lol

And My Idea is Complete: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=293936
R.I.P NDS 04-12
__________________
ShubLink has been Discontinued and will be Replaced by a new service
Friend Codes
[Pokemon Black]: 3096 8948 7035 [OT: Chris ID: 15969]
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost

Last edited by shubshub; January 3rd, 2013 at 01:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:17 AM
Sweet Smoochum's Avatar
Sweet Smoochum
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NEW JERSEY, Sayreville. 08872.
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
They didn't want it in three d. orhter wise the ywould 'ver probably done it.
Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:43 AM
dragonnathan025's Avatar
dragonnathan025
Pokemon Breeder
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to dragonnathan025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
Making a game and pigeonholing the enormous fan base into buying a handheld (that gives almost no benefit from its predecessor) would never go over well. It wouldn't make much sense from a developmental or business viewpoint. Before BW2 was even released internationally, it had sold about 80% of what the top 3DS game sold worldwide in Japan alone.

Also, the game was made by Gamefreak. Nintendo develops the platforms and publishes then distributes games.

and all of my points were ninjad while I was typing this oops
Say that to Apple, with the new iPhone 5. Thankfully, I was never an Apple fan, so I never suffered the injustice of complete incompatibility with an already completely incompatible product.

So, now that that's out of the way, I think they should have done what other games do, released it on different systems, give them a choice. Better graphics for those who have a 3DS, or lower quality for those who have a regular DS/DSi.
__________________
3DS FC: 4613-7043-8558

Friend Safari type:
Water
Pokemon:
Bibarel
Gyarados
Frogadier
Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old January 3rd, 2013, 07:02 AM
Hoenn's Avatar
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Why would they develop a sequel to games that were originally on the DS? That would prevent those who don't own a 3DS from following up the story in the sequel, if they're both on the same console everyone who played Black & White can also play Black & White 2.
__________________



Team αlpha
Reply With Quote
  #22    
Old January 3rd, 2013, 07:05 AM
Tsutarja's Avatar
Tsutarja
Burning hot!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, Florida
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
I'm pretty sure this is the last Pokemon game for the DS, sadly as I don't think Pokemon can pull off 3D well. (the 3dPMD looks... "chunky" and not as good as the older ones imo).

Weren't people thinking this when there was a switch from the Gameboys to the DS? If you don't buy this system, you can't play, ever again? All systems are put out eventually, I guess it's the DS's time. =/
Honestly, I don't really doubt this quote at all. For 6 years, Game Freak has released games to the DS platform for Pokémon (that is, the mainstream Pokémon games). And as technology evolves, game development has to as well.

I remember getting my first DS in 2006, and I was just lucky that Diamond and Pearl came out in 2007. I also still have yet to get a 3DS, and with the slowing of DS game production, I am bound to get either a 3DS or 3DS XL this year.
__________________

Gym Leader Flannery wants to battle!
Slugma (Lv. 26) - Magma Armor - (Flame Thrower, Sunny Day)
Torkoal (Lv. 28) - White Smoke - (Overheat, Attract)
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014
Reply With Quote
  #23    
Old January 3rd, 2013, 07:46 AM
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
The 3DS is cool and all, but I think that they made B2/W2 for the regular DS system is because not many people can afford to upgrade to a 3DS and knowing that, GameFreak wanted those players to still enjoy playing the game.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #24    
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
EmberFiraga's Avatar
EmberFiraga
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
There's an article about this on IGN: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...2-arent-on-3ds
Reply With Quote
  #25    
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
dragonnathan025's Avatar
dragonnathan025
Pokemon Breeder
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to dragonnathan025
Interesting, but so far, the option to go for a 3DS just for Dream Radar or the Pokedex Pro doesn't seem worth it, so they're losing money by not giving a choice for the two systems.

It doesn't seem to be too much of an issue to adapt between systems, look at the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. You can play it on Gamecube, or its upgrade, the Wii. So, why couldn't they do it for Black 2 and White 2?

And then you get to the Walmart promotion.
__________________
3DS FC: 4613-7043-8558

Friend Safari type:
Water
Pokemon:
Bibarel
Gyarados
Frogadier
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 10:28 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.