Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation
Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 3rd, 2013, 06:58 AM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

Advertise here
I'm sure this thread has appeared a few times in the past. But, did you like the follow me feature introduced in HGSS?

I loved it, and was quite surprised that any Pokemon can walk with you. I originally thought only starters would be able to. It was a nice treat.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 07:24 AM
Sarah Morgan
Mime Jr.

I liked it, I always chose my second best Pokemon to follow me around lol. Idk ehy
Pokemon White 2: Sarah
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:03 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
It might not be something big, but it was definitely fun to see your Pokemon walk around with you. I really loved it! I hope they'll implement it on later games! :D
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:14 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
Probably one of my favourite HG/SS features.
I was really disappointed to find it wasn't in B/W...

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Bayonetta 2 and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Pokémon X

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:58 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
It wasn't a big feature in itself, but it made a big difference to the general game play of the games! I loved the Follow Me feature. It was great being able to connect more with your pokemon, check how they're feeling, see if they've found any useful or rare items etc. A brilliant little feature that I was really shocked didn't reappear in BW/B2W2.
moderator | lovely pair | PC live
Old January 3rd, 2013, 04:32 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
It was a rather pointless gimmick that served no real purpose in the games as well as the game mechanics, unlike other features GF has added. Heck, even the Muscial is a better feature than Pokemon following you. It could serve as a way to obtain rare items from the ground for free, but we already have Pick Up for that gimmick. To make matters worse, despite its uselessness, people are complaining about this feature taken away in Gen V, which drives me crazy.
Credit goes to KhanadianDaleks of imgur for the gif
Old January 3rd, 2013, 06:37 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
I loved the follow me feature <333. It was amazing having your Pokemon walking besides you, it built a special bond rather than it only coming out in battles. I loved seeing them being cheerful and jolly, watching them, exploring with them, ah what an amazing feature :3!

It might not of been too useful or serve any purpose, but really it was a great feature and I'd love to see it return someday.
I'm not using this account anymore! I'm now
known as Narnia. Any VMs or PMs on this account
will likely go unanswered
. :p
Old January 3rd, 2013, 07:19 PM
TheSecondComingOfCaterpie
Unhatched Egg

I forwent the Bicycle entirely because I found the Follow the Trainer feature so stupendously spectacular. Did any of you?
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:05 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I loved the feature I also didn't use my bicycle unless hatching eggs though xD
Credit |Kitty Pair | VM/PM | Photobucket | Theme
Old January 4th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Starry Windy
Windvisible atm, again.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
This feature is one of my favorite feature in HGSS! And a nice plus is that Shiny Pokemon retains its color rather than making it non-shiny outside! I wish this feature will return again.
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old January 4th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Deceit
Toxic.

Nature: Timid
This feature is really one of my favorites in HG/SS. Even if it may be pointless, having the Pokemon walk around with me was very fun, and it was always nice when the Pokemon have an accessory, or they show affection towards you, etc. To me, it felt like we had a greater bond, even though it may just be pixels on a screen. I thought of my pokemon in HG and SS as more of my buddies than in previous games, as I could see its reactions during various times. Overall, great feature, and I wish it came back in Gen V.
Old January 4th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
I really enjoyed the Follow Me feature, even though I wish it weren't restricted to the first Pokemon in your party. It gave us the opportunity to try ridiculous things like having a Diglett, Magikarp or Wailord follow you around wherever, or to just talk to your Pokemon and get little gifts from them (Gengar gave you a Yellow Flower!).

I was a little disappointed that this option didn't return for any of the 5th gen games (although I understand it would take a lot of time to make 1300+ Pokemon sprites), but I hope that we can see it again at some point.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Hikamaru
now i'm on the outside
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I loved the Follow Me feature especially since I wanted to have my own Ash moment and have my fave Pokemon walk with me outside of its Poke Ball.

Also, I love how you feel their emotions when you interact with them. And even better, they didn't even restrict it to certain Pokemon, they allowed all 493 Pokemon (as of Gen IV) to walk with you, and they also retain Shiny colors on their overworld sprite too.

I was sad that Gen V didn't include it in neither B/W or B2/W2 but I do hope it returns in a future generation.
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
This was one of the best features introduced in any Pokemon game IMO.

I really wish they kept it in future games, imagine walking around Unova with Reshiram following you!
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I loved it! Having your Pokemon follow around after you was such an adorable idea that I wish they kept around. Just wish it was a bit more interactive.

rockin' | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Ryusu
Pokétopia Master

I loved this feature and I hope it returns in later games.
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:11 PM
InfectedBeast
Trade With Me

i loved it as well! i wish it would be in the upcoming 6 GEn as well lol
Old January 18th, 2013, 10:01 PM
venetianghost

I personally loved that feature of HG/SS. I reminded me of the more limited "Follow Me" of Pokemon Yellow, a feature that made me want to play the game further even after I completed it, just to see what they would say next. I hope that they implement it in X/Y, otherwise I will be highly disappoint.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here