The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Old December 17th, 2012, 03:57 PM
JollyRoger25
Dark Type Master

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
In Black 2 you can catch a Regirock, and a Registeel. In White 2 you can catch a Regirock and a Regice. In these games you can trade keys to access the other uncatchable Regi. Do you think that this key system is a good idea on the programmers part, or do you think that it is just a waste of time?

-Also, off topic, can you trade keys across the wifi, like pokemon, thanks.

I think it is bad, I mean, I have Regirock and Registeel, and its just bugging me not to have a Regice.
Old December 17th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Lateon
The Eon Follower

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Lateon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lateon Send a message via Yahoo to Lateon
I like the theory behind the key system, and it works for those who have friends that play pokemon or have both games and two DS'. The whole trying to get people to interact through pokemon thing is nice. I can understand where it would be frustrating for those who can't link with their friends and who don't have the money for both games and such, though. I remember when I was in high school and I couldn't complete a game because of things like that and it drove me nuts. >.<

I think that it would be cool for the opposite key to be given out over wifi.

Forum Activity
Wifi Activity

Currently Working On

Old December 18th, 2012, 12:23 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I think it's a pretty cool idea, and a good new way to implement the Regis into the games again.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old December 19th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Azire
Mr. Premier Ball

Nature: Naughty
I think it's horribly stupid. I don't know anybody that plays Pokemon in real life (it's like my skeleton in the closet) and it doesn't go over wifi like Pokemon can to complete the Pokedex. Anything that requires real life interaction is pushing the limits.
Please Leave A Review If We Trade
Trader Review Thread
Pairs: Champion Lunis
Old December 20th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I mean I guess it's alright, but other than my 10 year old brother nobody really plays Pokemon around me (probably shuns it actually). I have access to multiple DS's and my brother's game so I could basically do what I want, but it's kind of a hassle since it's just me and it would be nice to have someone my age around =/
Old December 21st, 2012, 05:34 PM
johndameart
Unhatched Egg

I agree...Kind of buggs me a bit too. I also have the access to another ds....just to annoying really to do it all by myself. and I agree with you, wish someone my age was around that played.
Old December 21st, 2012, 05:36 PM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
I thought the keys were neat, but Wi-Fi trading would've been nice.

These systems are not designed with international audiences in mind, obviously. Pokemon must still be so big in Japan that you're almost guaranteed to know someone there with one of the games.

The real life requirement is also my biggest gripe with some of the Streetpass features in 3DS games as well. I'm guessing that everyone has a 3DS in Japan too.
Old December 21st, 2012, 06:12 PM
johndameart
Unhatched Egg

streetpass features? and yeah i know, I was actually about to move to Japan for my Tattooing career to expand. ((crossing fingers))
Old December 21st, 2012, 06:51 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I have to say this was a good feature but it would have been nicer if wi-fi was implemented.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old December 31st, 2012, 04:04 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

I think that the key system is pretty cool. If you have friends locally that play the game then you can exchange keys and problem solved. If you don't then tough luck. I think that it is a convenient way to get gamers to interact with their friends through the game. Or if you have both games and two DS' then you'll be able to exchange keys that way. I think that it would be cool if there was an event with the key to get the other regi, that way this problem could also be solved even easier.

Keys can be transferred to the other games to catch the opposite Regi through Unova Link.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:22 AM
Magic0loc0
Unhatched Egg

I personally adore the key system. Something you can trade over to other gens to enjoy your own gaming experience even more is great ;D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here