Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page Hoenn Remake or Kanto Remake?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
Hoenn Remake 139 92.67%
Kanto Remake 11 7.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 25th, 2012 (09:20 AM).

I say Hoenn because it would look totally awesome and its the only region that hasn't been seen in 3D.Also, Kanto is in almost every region so it would be a bit boring.
Old December 26th, 2012 (12:08 AM).
Classic Elegance
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
I wouldn't want to see either, but if forced to choose one I would choose Kanto if only because Hoenn was such a badly laid-out region and so many of the region's Gym leaders and Elite Four were completely forgettable, boring characters.

I really can't say that I would buy either remake game, though.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old December 26th, 2012 (12:26 AM).
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™:
I wouldn't want to see either, but if forced to choose one I would choose Kanto if only because Hoenn was such a badly laid-out region and so many of the region's Gym leaders and Elite Four were completely forgettable, boring characters.

I really can't say that I would buy either remake game, though.
Couldn't agree more. Hoenn is underrated, but IMO it deserves to be. Most of the reasons people like Hoenn are for gimmicks completely unrelated to the story or the battle system themselves (Trick House, Secret Bases).

Unova was a reboot they did right. Hoenn, one they did wrong.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
Old December 26th, 2012 (01:38 AM).

Quote originally posted by Cerberus87:
Couldn't agree more. Hoenn is underrated, but IMO it deserves to be. Most of the reasons people like Hoenn are for gimmicks completely unrelated to the story or the battle system themselves (Trick House, Secret Bases).

Unova was a reboot they did right. Hoenn, one they did wrong.
So what? They were IN the Hoenn games, so people are allowed to like Hoenn because of its exclusive features such as the Trick House and Secret Bases. They were exclusive to Hoenn, so trying to say it deserves to be underrated because people like its gimmicky aspects is clearly just your biased opinion against Hoenn.

Your post just seems like a personal dislike rather than a logical argument of why it deserves to be underrated.
Old December 26th, 2012 (02:37 AM).
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Kanto |Hoenn
Gen I: R/B/Y/G |
Gen II: G/S/C |
Gen III: FR/LG |Gen III: R/S/E
Gen IV: HG/SS |
Total: 12 |Total: 3
Seriously? Give me a break, Kanto is used too much, although I do love it, especially in HG/SS another remake would be pointless. Hoenn hasn't gotten squat even though it had good gameplay, pokeblocks, trick house, bases, contests, new pokemon, soot sack, diving. Also, if they remade it they could improve the storyline like in HG/SS and make it more climactic, thrilling, surprising, etc. I find that Hoenn could easily do with a remake, they even have the new trainer sprites ready, animation, repel system xD, maybe make it harder, but overall, Hoenn needs a remake, with such high demand for it GF will have to make it or disappoint the fan base which would not be good for them.

~Sincerely
PikakittenX, Extreme(speed) Hoenn Fan
Old December 26th, 2012 (08:05 AM).
¬‿¬
Silver Tier

Nature: Hardy
There would be no point in remaking Kanto a second time, as, y'know, it's been remade already.
While Hoenn hasn't been remade yet. So my vote goes to Hoenn.

(That, and Kanto is just too boring; nothing special to see or do in there.)

Quote originally posted by pikakitten:
GF will have to make it or disappoint the fan base which would not be good for them.
I hope you realise the fan base would buy the newest Pokémon game regardless of it being a R/S remake or not.
Old December 26th, 2012 (10:54 AM).

Broadly - Kanto's already been remade and Hoenn hasn't, so it makes much more sense for Hoenn to be remade next.

Personally - Kanto bores me, while Hoenn is probably my favorite region and definitely my favorite dex, so it's no contest. I'd MUCH prefer a Hoenn remake.

And conceptually - with the varied and scenic terrain AND popularity of the region, Hoenn would be a fitting place for GF to show off the potential of the 3DS, so I think it's quite safe to assume that we'll see Hoenn remakes, and that's what we'll see them on.
Old December 26th, 2012 (11:20 AM).

Nature: Quiet
Hoenn. Honestly, I don't think Kanto needs another remake.
Old December 26th, 2012 (04:27 PM).
Hipsterest Hypno in the land

Nature: Calm
For me personally I'd love an R/S/E remake. Ruby was the first Pokémon game I completed, and the experience for me was amazing. The nostalgia I get from just playing them is surreal, but in 3D it would blow my mind!

That in mind, I wouldn't mind a FR/LG remake, but would they make a remake of a remake?
Old December 28th, 2012 (12:19 PM).

I'd like a hoenn remake, but I'd like the battle frontier set in kanto like the anime
Old December 28th, 2012 (12:39 PM).
Heart of the Fire

Nature: Gentle
Hmm...I personally love both regions, Kanto was thrilling in SoulSilver, but it's already had it's time to shine far too much...

In a neutral position, it would have to be Hoenn, simply because it's region has only been featured once, which was when it was released. I think Hoenn deserves to take the stage...
Old December 31st, 2012 (02:49 PM).
Music Hacker/Composer

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to MidiMasterShiro
I'd say Hoenn. Hoenn was one of my favorite regions. Plus, as some have already said, Kanto has appeared the most.
Old January 1st, 2013 (08:10 AM).
Silver Tier

Hoenn. It hasnt been remade yet, or seen in 3D. I miss it and I wana see it updated!

Also, we've seen enough of Kanto.
Old January 1st, 2013 (08:55 PM).
Frontier Brain

I'd love both, I'd actually want Kanto more, but I feel Hoenn is much more likely. From a business standpoint, Nintento would thrive with the amount of fans that are itching to play Hoenn on their DS's, and potentially in 3D. Although this is a minor reason, many R/S cartridge's batteries have run dry within the past year or two as well. A ds card would be a great replacement and gesture from Nintendo I think.
Old January 2nd, 2013 (11:50 AM).

Kanto has kind of had 2 full remakes (1/2 in S/G/C, 1 for FR/LG,1/2 for HG/SS). Everyone has played in Kanto, not everyone has played in Hoenn since Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald were released 10 years ago. Besides, its not the story people care about (disclaimer: that is a speculative generalization), its the region itself, the cities/towns, and the pokemon found there that we want.
Old January 2nd, 2013 (11:57 AM).

Nature: Brave
Hoenn. At first, I wasn't too fond of it. But it definitely has grown on me since it first came out and I would love for Game Freak to refine our beloved R/S/E!!!

Yellow|HeartGold|Sapphire|Platinum|White

Working on HeartGold!
Old January 2nd, 2013 (02:23 PM).

Nature: Timid
I'd love to see the next game of pokemon made with 6th gen pokemon, but with the same spin on it as pokemon crystal. it was the third in the g/s/c series but it had better animation nd both the first and second regions!

Maybe nintendo could make something similar for the new pokemon game - but link it with all regions?
Old January 2nd, 2013 (04:53 PM).
I ♥ Ghost & Ice Type Pokemon!

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to katiekun11 Send a message via Skype™ to katiekun11
I'd prefer a Hoenn remake, myself. I loved playing RSE when I was younger, it would be fantastic to revisit it. I liked all the water routes! & Tate/Liza were soooo easy to beat, would be good if they made them harder next time xD

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Old January 3rd, 2013 (08:55 AM).
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

I am assuming that the announcement this coming Tuesday is a remake of either Hoenn or Kanto, and that they will be on the DS and part of Generation V. (Then again, the last time such a big announcement was promised, it was a Battrio set.)

This post is about the LIKELIHOOD of each region, not which one I want.

Neutral Evidence:
  1. FireRed and LeafGreen were released before Emerald, but after Ruby and Sapphire. Both R/S/E and FR/LG were in Gen III.
  2. 2013 is the North American fifteenth anniversary of R/B, and the non-Japanese tenth anniversary of R/S. Game Freak has referenced the international games in the past, though never with game releases.
Evidence Favoring Kanto:
  1. Kanto has appeared in every generation, and has not yet appeared in Generation V.
  2. Lati@s and the Regi trio were catchable in B2/W2.
Evidence Favoring Hoenn:

1. Kanto appeared in Gen IV (HG/SS) while Hoenn has not appeared since Emerald.
  2. The Shoal Cave-related items reappeared in Gen V, which they would not have done if there were no Hoenn remakes in that generation.
  3. Three of the four non-event Kanto legendaries are the legendary birds, which were roamers in Platinum and could conceivably be roamers in Hoenn remakes if the legendary beasts did not fulfill the "extra roamers in the remake" slots. The fourth legendary is Mewtwo, which could be placed in Altering Cave to make said cave have an actual purpose other than EV training. (On top of that, Altering Cave and Cerulean Cave had the same music IIRC.)

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old January 3rd, 2013 (09:06 AM).
The giving Pokèmon breeder

Nature: Docile
Hoenn, absolutely Hoenn.
If they did that, every single game in the series would have been remade, with the ability to transfer/trade & complete a Pokèdex in any of the remakes (assuming future events occur for specifics).

Aside from that, imagine the glory of Hoenn's diving sequences, in glorious Gen V quality... O_O.
Old January 3rd, 2013 (10:40 AM). Edited January 3rd, 2013 by SaniOKh.
The Cynical Completionist

Personally, I'd rather play an entirely new adventure, either a B2/W2-esque sequel set in Hoenn, or with Hoenn available in post-game (I have already stated my theory about how there won't be R/S/E remakes at all in the pinned topic). Kanto's been done to death, and Hoenn has some interesting locations that, IMO, would shine in 3D.
Old January 3rd, 2013 (12:46 PM).
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Quote originally posted by SaniOKh:
Personally, I'd rather play an entirely new adventure, either a B2/W2-esque sequel set in Hoenn, or with Hoenn available in post-game (I have already stated my theory about how there won't be R/S/E remakes at all in the pinned topic). Kanto's been done to death, and Hoenn has some interesting locations that, IMO, would shine in 3D.
Hoenn didn't set up enough hooks for a sequel, especially a sequel eleven years later. It's also far enough from Sinnoh that a Sinnoh sequel with Hoenn post-game wouldn't work. We might see the Gen VI games have Hoenn post-game, but that would piss off the part of the fandom that wants straight remakes.

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old January 3rd, 2013 (01:04 PM). Edited January 3rd, 2013 by vapes.

Quote originally posted by Cinnabar:
Call me a criminal, but I'd love to see a Kanto remake. Nothing against Hoenn, but I just really didn't find it very... Standout-ish, aside from the torturous amounts of water routes, it wasn't very special to me. And plus, I think that it'd only be fitting that Kanto see's the first 3DS Pokemon RPG title.
I don't understand why people say that. The only majoring surfing in hoenn was towards the 7th and 8th gym badge. Before that, the surfing is used just as much as the previous installments.

Besides we already have a Kanto remake: FireRed and LeafGreen, which were excellent remakes. I think it's time to make one for Ruby and Sapphire as they're probably the more underrated games next to Diamond and Pearl
I would definitely get the sapphire version of the remake.

White FC: 2967 8981 9744

White 2 FC: 4342 1706 0881 (usually for trades; I have pretty good Pokes in my PC)

Old January 3rd, 2013 (01:08 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by vapes:
I don't understand why people say that. The only majoring surfing in hoenn was towards the 7th and 8th gym badge. Before that, the surfing is used just as much as the previous installments.
Actually its from Lillycove to Mossdeep which is 6th to 7th Gyms, then major story point that usually leaves you in the water routes for an obscenely long time, then after you finish that you earn the 8th badge and go through more water route travel up until you get to Evergrand. After E4 you still have to go through the water routes to reach the hidden legends if in RS (the underwater ruins to unlock the Regi and near pacifilodge to get rayquaza).

Hoenn is about half water and half land. Which is what annoys a lot of people.

You also have the large gap between Petalburg and Dewford and then again from Dewford to Slateport. Almost all the extra exploration areas on on the water routes as well.
Old January 3rd, 2013 (01:12 PM).
FC24

Nature: Quiet
I personally like Kanto much more than Hoenn, but we don't need another remake of Kanto, it already got 3. One in Gold/Silver/Crytal, one in FireRed/LeafGreen and one in HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Buuuuuut that's just my opinion.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links